PDA

View Full Version : SGH - Slater and Gordon

mark100
26-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Listed lawyers worth looking at. Trading on a cheap forward multiple with another accretive acquisition announced today.
Might be good for a trade with the chart trending up but on a longer term basis I am wary of professional services firms on a growth by aquisition strategy.
I hold a few

COLIN
27-10-2010, 12:22 AM
Listed lawyers worth looking at. Trading on a cheap forward multiple with another accretive acquisition announced today.
Might be good for a trade with the chart trending up but on a longer term basis I am wary of professional services firms on a growth by aquisition strategy.
I hold a few

An unusual avenue for stock market investment, I must say, and I have no knowledge of anything to compare it with in the Australasian area, although I am sure there are comparable outfits elsewhere in the world. In NZ, professional firms such as lawyers and accountants used to be prevented from forming themselves into limited liability companies, but that all seems to have gone by the board these days, with various mechanisms in place.

From an equity investor's point of view, the one big concern I would have, relates to the question of whether the maximisation of shareholder wealth is a dominant aim, vis-a-vis slicing up the profits between the principals of the firm. I'm sure that is all covered somewhere, if one takes the trouble to explore.

Lizard
27-10-2010, 12:45 PM
I had a look at IAW recently which is also lawyer based, though a fraction of the size. Decided it was too soon for it, but possibly one to watch for a few years.