PDA

View Full Version : MSF - Maryborough Sugar

mark100
02-11-2010, 01:32 PM
GPG are selling a 19.9% stake in MSF to a Thai company, Mitr Phol for $4/share. This was at a 46% premium to the last traded price and even after MSF's rise yesterday 20% above the current share price.

Any opinions on whether we'll get a full bid? I was lucky enough to get in on open yesterday at $3.05 although I sold half at $3.35. I will probably hold on to the rest to see if a full bid eventuates although I am personally against Australia selling more of its commodity based assets to overseas interests although the FIRB never blocks such bids

mark100
08-02-2011, 02:14 PM
The Northern Milling JV in which MSF is a 50% partner is closing the Babinda mill, with cane to re-directed to other mills in the area with excess capacity. Back in high school I did some 'work experience' at a QLD sugar mill. Lets just say that with the amount of chats, morning teas, long lunches and afternoon teas that go on you could probably halve the workforce and the same amount of cane could be processed.

I think we'll see a bid for MSF this year. After confirmation that they escaped the worst of the cyclone I got back in

mark100
03-03-2011, 12:30 PM
MSF breaking higher today. Their recent presentation highlights the amount of corporate activity going on in the sector at the moment.

drillfix
03-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Complete lack of sellers, no wonder its going up, demand totally out stripping supply.

Looks set to test the previous high at 3.75

mark100
08-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Made a new ATH today

mark100
07-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Looks like a bid will be made for MSF. It was always going to happen and unfortunately for me at a time when I don't hold any stock. Anyway can't complain as I have done ok tradng it the past year

WCB would be my next pick as a takeover target in the food/ag sector. Two corporates sit on the share register, one of which tried to make a takeover a few years ago and is still creeping up the register