PDA

View Full Version : Your last (spare) 5K

robo
06-11-2010, 07:59 PM
OK You are down to your last 5k and you need to make the stock pick of your life what is it (time frame 18months)

For me it will be: TFC (asx)

Cannibal
06-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Hmm - 18 months - then it has to be ASX/PEN.

shasta
08-11-2010, 03:15 PM
OK You are down to your last 5k and you need to make the stock pick of your life what is it (time frame 18months)

For me it will be: TFS (asx)

If you want a decent return i'd go with TSI, share price @ $0.67 & 10cps dividend gives it roughly 15% yield.

Else i'd go with DGR, as they IPO up to 5 different projects over the next 6 months, shareholders get priority entitlements, whilst DGR retains a major stake.

The sum of the parts for DGR, makes it vastly undervalued.

Disc: Not holding any of the above mentioned stocks

STRAT
10-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Hi Robo.

The decision of your life eh?

If you are actually down to your last 5k and looking for answers on an Internet chat site I think you are in trouble.

That aside. One stock aint going to do it. You need to play that 5k for all its worth.

1 stock and 18 months is a flawed plan to begin with unless you know what the Markets are going to do for the next year in a half.

If you do know, please share . I would love to know too.

I dont know anything about TSF but at a glance it looks to me like it has been going sideways for years and punters have been vacating the premises all the way.

robo
10-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Hi Its a hypothetical Strat, Im not down to my last 5 luckly , I did say (Spare) in the title.

Is it possible to pick a stock that performs well in a stagnant or falling market?

I put the wrong stock code in my initial post it should have been TFC.

h2so4
10-11-2010, 07:48 PM
You are down to your last 5k and you need to make the stock pick of your life

Too hard mate. I pass

robo
10-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Too hard mate. I pass

go on H2 I see you hold restaurant and Nuplex, if ya got on these a little while ago you would be doin great, give it a crack ?

h2so4
10-11-2010, 08:41 PM
go on H2 I see you hold restaurant and Nuplex, if ya got on these a little while ago you would be doin great, give it a crack ?

If I had to make the stock pick of my life, and I had x dollars, and an 18 month time frame, investing for me would be too hard. I would probably give it away.

I just like finding and buying undervalued shares for the fun of it.

Different focus.:)

robo
10-11-2010, 08:46 PM
If I had to make the stock pick of my life, and I had x dollars, and an 18 month time frame, investing for me would be too hard. I would probably give it away.

I just like finding and buying undervalued shares for the fun of it.

Different focus.:)
OK H2 I see where you are comin from I think

h2so4
10-11-2010, 10:42 PM
OK H2 I see where you are comin from I think

Ha! Ha! Your on it.

For the fun of it DTL.

RBD and NPX still looking good.:)

JBmurc
23-11-2010, 06:55 PM
CFE.asx without doubt is where I have most of my funds in the SM so easy 1 share pick