PDA

View Full Version : Take over targets. We all need one, it's time to go hunting!

tricha
13-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Hi folks

Unknowningly I have been putting together a portfolio of takeover targets. You might also call them gambling stocks. This makes up 90% of my portfolio in shares.
Cash is 33% of what is not in shares.

It's a long time since I had one, a company that was taken over, it was a nickel miner.

Oil, gas, shale gas and lots of cash - BPT - Beach Energy LTD.

Uranium - EMA - Energy and minerals Australia - Uranium and they have heaps.

Zinc - JML - Jabiru - cheapest zinc producer there is, actually with Copper, Silver and Gold credits, zinc is a minus, go figure.

Iron Ore - TTY - Territory Resources Limited - An iron ore producer with a P.E ratio of not much and the closest port to China.

Gold - FML - a producer with the next superpit in the making.

I probably need a copper miner, but what is cheap ?

Happy hunting folks.

shasta
13-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Hi folks

Unknowningly I have been putting together a portfolio of takeover targets. You might also call them gambling stocks. This makes up 90% of my portfolio in shares.
Cash is 33% of what is not in shares.

It's a long time since I had one, a company that was taken over, it was a nickel miner.

Oil, gas, shale gas and lots of cash - BPT - Beach Energy LTD.

Uranium - EMA - Energy and minerals Australia - Uranium and they have heaps.

Zinc - JML - Jabiru - cheapest zinc producer there is, actually with Copper, Silver and Gold credits, zinc is a minus, go figure.

Iron Ore - TTY - Territory Resources Limited - An iron ore producer with a P.E ratio of not much and the closest port to China.

Gold - FML - a producer with the next superpit in the making.

I probably need a copper miner, but what is cheap ?

Happy hunting folks.

With the BHP/RIO Iron Ore JV deal off, im picking both companies will continue to mop up companies with bulk commodities, which would put AQA (Iron Ore & Coal) on there radar.

Disc: Nil, but been following the AQA story for a while now, as they have a pipeline of projects at different stages

JBmurc
13-11-2010, 08:23 PM
With the BHP/RIO Iron Ore JV deal off, im picking both companies will continue to mop up companies with bulk commodities, which would put AQA (Iron Ore & Coal) on there radar.

Disc: Nil, but been following the AQA story for a while now, as they have a pipeline of projects at different stages

CFE has a nice portfilo of bulk commodites an if MCC doesn't pay the 80mill payment CFE could well end up with Cape lambert north Iron ore discovery back to go with their doz or so prime Iron ore Discoverys/exploration grounds 700mill+ dollars should take them out small change for the big boys