PDA

View Full Version : Jason Peterson Investments (Celtic Capital)

steve fleming
13-11-2010, 01:17 AM
This guy has had an amazing year - AVB, HUN, ATI are some of his multi-baggers.

I like his style - taking lots of positions in small cap resources plays, biotechs and back-door plays.

Normally gets his stakes through underwriting rights issues - i guess being a broker at CPS helps.

Anyway, am going to use this thread to keep a record of his investments,
Anyone else feel free to add any of his holdings as i am sure there are heaps i have missed.

Company / % of company

RMG 5.4%
AVB 3.5%
PSF 4.42%
HCG 7.12%
HUN 3.8%
DSF 5.7%
RIM 2.37%
GBZO 3.4%
ORH 1.4%
HOR 1%
USN 1%
PZC 1%

drillfix
13-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Interesting stuff there Steve.

Say, how do you actually source this, are you subscribed to some info site or do you collate the info one search at a time?

I guess when you got the dollars, you can risk to go across the board as such and sheer probability will bring results whilst the climate is right.

This also means that should something/the climate/whatever turn on him, he can buffer any extremes due his entries and current sp along with his position & size.

All very interesting stuff, good post mate :)

steve fleming
14-11-2010, 12:19 AM
Interesting stuff there Steve.

Say, how do you actually source this, are you subscribed to some info site or do you collate the info one search at a time?

I guess when you got the dollars, you can risk to go across the board as such and sheer probability will bring results whilst the climate is right.

This also means that should something/the climate/whatever turn on him, he can buffer any extremes due his entries and current sp along with his position & size.

All very interesting stuff, good post mate :)

Hi df,

unfortunately it is all manual research from the annual reports of stocks on various watchlists i have.

I like his approach - the diversification and lack of exposure to any-one stock inherently reduces risk.

I kind of adopt a similar strategy (though with less $'s!!) as you don't need a large portfolio exposure to get large returns from small cap stocks, particuarly if you can leverage your exposure through options.

axion
14-11-2010, 05:18 PM
[/URL][url]http://www.google.co.nz/#hl=en&source=hp&biw=1175&bih=726&q=%22Celtic+Capital+Pty+Ltd+%3CThe+Celtic+Capital+ A%2FC%3E%22&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=fd407cbecbaa0339 (http://www.google.co.nz/#hl=en&biw=1175&bih=751&&sa=X&ei=JmLfTMq3J4u8sQPd3Y3TCg&ved=0CBUQvwUoAQ&q=%22Celtic+Capital+Pty+Ltd%22&spell=1&fp=fd407cbecbaa0339)

That might help you out. :)

steve fleming
14-11-2010, 10:52 PM
[/URL][url]http://www.google.co.nz/#hl=en&source=hp&biw=1175&bih=726&q=%22Celtic+Capital+Pty+Ltd+%3CThe+Celtic+Capital+ A%2FC%3E%22&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=fd407cbecbaa0339 (http://www.google.co.nz/#hl=en&biw=1175&bih=751&&sa=X&ei=JmLfTMq3J4u8sQPd3Y3TCg&ved=0CBUQvwUoAQ&q=%22Celtic+Capital+Pty+Ltd%22&spell=1&fp=fd407cbecbaa0339)

That might help you out. :)

Thanks Axion.

Good old google

steve fleming
09-08-2011, 07:54 PM
This guy has had an amazing year - AVB, HUN, ATI are some of his multi-baggers.

I like his style - taking lots of positions in small cap resources plays, biotechs and back-door plays.

Normally gets his stakes through underwriting rights issues - i guess being a broker at CPS helps.

Just put $228k into ROB for a 10% holding

evilroyrule
09-08-2011, 07:58 PM
spooky. was just wondering how your portfolio withstands these kind of rides stevie. i suspect quite well. pgc wouldnt even budge!
what else has mr peterson got his finger in? (apart from those listed above)

steve fleming
09-08-2011, 08:14 PM
spooky. was just wondering how your portfolio withstands these kind of rides stevie. i suspect quite well. pgc wouldnt even budge!
what else has mr peterson got his finger in? (apart from those listed above)

Hi Roy, my portfolio has been OK - Over the last year or so I've tried to really reduce my exposure to spec mining shares/options (which used to make up a really large proportion of my holdings and now it is less than 25%). Luckily there was little movement (as little liquidity) in the small and mico-caps non- resource stocks that dominate my portfolio now. None of my low ball buy orders got nibbled at.

I was a bit annoyed as I missed out on getting more NDL, now there is nothing much on offer left all the way to .041 - wll look to put in some NDL orders over thenext couple of days.

percy
09-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Just put $228k into ROB for a 10% holding

Made my day.Thank you.

evilroyrule
09-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Hi Roy, my portfolio has been OK - Over the last year or so I've tried to really reduce my exposure to spec mining shares/options (which used to make up a really large proportion of my holdings and now it is less than 25%). Luckily there was little movement (as little liquidity) in the small and mico-caps non- resource stocks that dominate my portfolio now. None of my low ball buy orders got nibbled at.

I was a bit annoyed as I missed out on getting more NDL, now there is nothing much on offer left all the way to .041 - wll look to put in some NDL orders over thenext couple of days.

cool. i was nibbling at czno and ndl as well. none got hit.
got a bit shy of the ndlo though given the expiry date, i suspect they will run it close.
was also watching robo/rob but a bit of a nervous nelly at the mo. might just wait and see. have a feeling cheaper shares may be around the corner/

Rodin
10-08-2011, 01:46 AM

Steve, NDL sure taking it's time to find a suitable project to vend in. Another six months till NDLO expires...

Despite the lack of news I was heartened to see consultants take new options (same terms and expiry as NDLO) in lieu of consulting fees back in May. Also remember seeing them issue options as a "facilitation fee". Let's hope a deal is in the works..

steve fleming
10-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Steve, NDL sure taking it's time to find a suitable project to vend in. Another six months till NDLO expires...

Despite the lack of news I was heartened to see consultants take new options (same terms and expiry as NDLO) in lieu of consulting fees back in May. Also remember seeing them issue options as a "facilitation fee". Let's hope a deal is in the works..

Hi Rodin...good to see Director Haynes pick up those shares in NDL at 2.8c - not a large amount, but shows he is pretty aware as to what is going on with the share price.

As for the time, it took CEO over 2 years for its strategy to come togethor, i don't think it will take NDL that long but i would prefer them to take their time and be selective in their venture. There are plenty of potential projects being presented to these shells but the majority of them are low quality (such as Chinese companies who want to use shells to back their business in and get an ASX listing)...i would much prefer NDL to take its time and wait for a quality project with maximum upside.

Rodin
11-08-2011, 01:19 AM
Hi Rodin...good to see Director Haynes pick up those shares in NDL at 2.8c - not a large amount, but shows he is pretty aware as to what is going on with the share price.

As for the time, it took CEO over 2 years for its strategy to come togethor, i don't think it will take NDL that long but i would prefer them to take their time and be selective in their venture. There are plenty of potential projects being presented to these shells but the majority of them are low quality (such as Chinese companies who want to use shells to back their business in and get an ASX listing)...i would much prefer NDL to take its time and wait for a quality project with maximum upside.

Definitely they should wait till the right project comes along, one that will lead to a massive rerating. I'm just worried they'll run out of time, with the risk that NDLO expires out of the money in Jan.

drillfix
11-08-2011, 01:29 AM
If it were me, I dont think I would be waiting around for the right project to come along to be offered by whatever contractor/consultant.

I would be scaling the globe with the current turmoil looking for the bargain of the century and shortlisting the possibilities on offer.

Surely with markets currently smashed (which could even get smashed more so caution) there would be some supreme bargains coming out for people, companies or governments ready to say Here, Take this off our hands and explore, mine and produce.

But again, only if it were me, and I am not the company.

Yet who knows, maybe they are already doing that...LOL

whipit
14-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Hi Steve
Just ran this guy through Factiva and came up with these. I haven’t had a chance to go through and individually verify but hopefully it’s useful all the same.

New Horizon Minerals (NHO)/ 8%
Pacific Ore (PSF.AU) 5.7%
Sunseeker Minerals Ltd (SKM)/ 6.3%
RMG (RMG.AU)/ 3.55%
Helicon Group (HCG.AU)/ 1.99%
View Resources LTD (VRE)/ 3.29% (Celtic) + 1.81% (Peterson) = 5.1%
Voyager Resources (VOR)/ 0.97% (Celtic) Petersons sold 9.72%
Golden State Resources LTD/ (GDN) 1.55% (Celtic)

Cheers

*Sorry I've doubled up on a couple

steve fleming
16-08-2011, 12:26 AM
Hi Steve
Just ran this guy through Factiva and came up with these. I haven’t had a chance to go through and individually verify but hopefully it’s useful all the same.

New Horizon Minerals (NHO)/ 8%
Pacific Ore (PSF.AU) 5.7%
Sunseeker Minerals Ltd (SKM)/ 6.3%
RMG (RMG.AU)/ 3.55%
Helicon Group (HCG.AU)/ 1.99%
View Resources LTD (VRE)/ 3.29% (Celtic) + 1.81% (Peterson) = 5.1%
Voyager Resources (VOR)/ 0.97% (Celtic) Petersons sold 9.72%
Golden State Resources LTD/ (GDN) 1.55% (Celtic)

Cheers

*Sorry I've doubled up on a couple

Thanks for that whipit - interesting list

Just out of interest, JP’s $227k investment in ROB last week is now worth $1.4m.

TradePa
16-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Thanks for that whipit - interesting list

Just out of interest, JP’s $227k investment in ROB last week is now worth $1.4m.

Hi Steve,

Oakland Resources Limited (OKL) - Celtic (1.75%)
Perterson (1.83%)