PDA

View Full Version : Getting Logged Out all the time!

drillfix
23-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Hi folks,

Is this just happening to me or are others experiencing the same. (using FireFox Portable).

Go to make a post, then login, surf a couple of pages, then check out another few pages elsewhere on other sites running IE8, then click back to read more or make another post and it asks me to Login (again).

Is this some new behaviour programmed into the site?

Cheers for now.

drillfix
23-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Anybody else out there notice this? Not one other soul?

fungus pudding
24-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Anybody else out there notice this? Not one other soul?

Don't have that problem, but if I have to restart my computer I have to log-in again. This is only on sharetrader site- all other passwords are remembered where I have selected that option. Frustrating.

STRAT
25-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Anybody else out there notice this? Not one other soul?Hi Drilly. I use Firefox too ( thanks Vince ) and no problems. Sounds like something is eating your cookies ;):crying::lol: No pun intended. Really.

drillfix
26-11-2010, 12:27 AM
Hi Drilly. I use Firefox too ( thanks Vince ) and no problems. Sounds like something is eating your cookies ;):crying::lol: No pun intended. Really.

Thanks Strat,

Guess I will clear my FF passwords and cookies to see what affect this brings.

Cheers~!

drillfix
26-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Just tried a few things.

Still logs me out no matter what I do.

Cleared all cookies, logged in, read a couple of posts, sat and watched the box for 5 minutes, clicked on another post and now its back to showing logged out.

Made this post and had to log in again.

Webmaster, please check the cookie expiry times perhaps.

drillfix
26-11-2010, 04:19 PM
New update.

It seems that if we choose to stay logged in we tick a little "remember me" box that allows us to stay connected.

But I still find it strange that even if we log in, we get kicked out if no activity in 5 minutes or so. (should we not tick remember me).

Can the webmaster expand the cookie time to say Half Hour at least?

fungus pudding
26-11-2010, 04:55 PM
New update.

It seems that if we choose to stay logged in we tick a little "remember me" box that allows us to stay connected.

Which should keep you in forever unless you log out.

STRAT
30-11-2010, 10:45 AM
New update.

But I still find it strange that even if we log in, we get kicked out if no activity in 5 minutes or so. (should we not tick remember me).

Can the webmaster expand the cookie time to say Half Hour at least?Hi Drilly. Seems to only be you so I wouldnt think the Web Master will be able to help.
Id be lookin at Spyware software. Firefox or Firewall settings on your PC

Vince
01-12-2010, 01:49 AM
Only just saw this question.

Have changed to 30 mins log out. Drillfix check your privacy settings to make sure it accepts third party cookies, otherwise just check the keep me logged in box.

Vince

percy
15-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Hi Vince,
I spent ages writing a reply to a PM,when I hit post quick reply I was told I was not logged in.I was,as only way you can read a PM is by being logged in?
As a one figgered typist,I could not go through it all again so gave up.This has happened to me before.

Vince
16-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Hi Percy,

When you log in click the little box which says "remember me". This will keep you logged in on your one fingered typing rampages.

If that does not sort it check to see that your security settings for your cookies are not set to high.

Hope that helps..

Cheers,
Vince

percy
17-03-2011, 09:11 AM
Hi Percy,

When you log in click the little box which says "remember me". This will keep you logged in on your one fingered typing rampages.

If that does not sort it check to see that your security settings for your cookies are not set to high.

Hope that helps..

Cheers,
Vince

Thanks Vince and other posters who have sent me a PM.Just written the Bible according to Percy and sent it to an unsuspecting poster.I expect he will wish,he ,you and other posters never told me how to stay logged in.!!!!

STRAT
13-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Hi Vince.
Getting logged out all day long. Can you extend my log in time please.

Thanks in advance.

PS How you doin?

Trader_Tech
15-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Can you please check your computer's clock is correct? If you have the wrong time it can cause issues,

STRAT
16-09-2013, 07:29 AM
Can you please check your computer's clock is correct? If you have the wrong time it can cause issues,
Hi Trader Tech.

Clock is good