PDA

View Full Version : DMG - Dragon Mountain Gold. No brainer?

trackers
01-12-2010, 08:41 AM
DMG - Dragon Mountain Gold

Currently the subject of a conditional takeover offer at a 50% premium to the current price....One of the lowest price per ounces goldie going around, and very much under the radar (found this one by trawling through low cap goldies with decent resources)

I hold a couple, wish I had a hell of a lot more but am fully invested at the moment. I'll pick up some more at some stage in the near future if I can

Market cap: $80million
JORC gold resource: 2.8 million ounces (Liba project) - Infill drilling has completed recently and an upgrade to this JORC is pending

Currently exploring at Jinshan (current resource expected to stand at around 650k with many targets untested) but expectations are that it will ultimately be larger than Liba.

Latest drilling (as of the last few days) has expanded strike by 300metres.

This picture should give you an idea of what they're onto at Jinshan...

Takeover info:

Non-binding conditional takeover that is subject to: due diligence, FIRB approval and investor reaching agreement with minority stakeholders in DMG projects.

Seems relatively straight forward to me, but looks like they can walk away at anytime. There were several other parties showing (unsolicited) interest at the time also.

Research:

Strachan Corporate did some research a few months ago. Put their current resource at about $30/oz.

http://www.dragonmountain.com.au/dragonmountain/Documents/Brokers/100921%20Strachan%20Corporate%20Research%20Documen t.pdf

He noted the takeover interest, the potential for JORC to upgraded substantially, and the premium that a takeover would attract.

Strachan also noted that almost all the ore at Liba project is above the 1g/t cutoff.

This looks like a very good under the radar takeover play, the downside risk is the impact to sp if the potential takeover-ee walks away, but I think this is sufficiently mitigated by the heavily undervalued sp and potential upside at DMG's various projects, particularly Jinshan.

JBmurc
01-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Yeah looks a good trade Tracker might have to buy a few ,if only AMU would hurry up an get brought I'd have a spar 50-60k to invest

trackers
01-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks JB, yeah it looks really really good, and I hold next to none so I'm unbiased on this one :) AMU, ey? Haven't checked out that one before

JBmurc
01-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Thanks JB, yeah it looks really really good, and I hold next to none so I'm unbiased on this one :) AMU, ey? Haven't checked out that one before

yeah one to watch and unlike ARV where I had a 30% gain in couple weeks but got greedy If I buy I'll be putting my sell order in at a 40% profit
yeah AMU a great buy in low 20's that had mutiable major buyers After AMU cheap assets of OIL&GAS for round 30c share AMU mangerment wanted closer to 45c they have be in a tading halt for quite a few days within another week we should know if we have a deal an what price, I'm hoping 35c+ have 187,000 shares
at 22.5c

trackers
21-07-2011, 04:28 PM
I exited this at start of year when it was clear takeover negotiations were going nowhere. However, still on the watchlist and noticed their Management team announcement yesterday which included this gem:

"This restructure comes on the eve of a resource announcement at Jinshan that exceeds all expectations and
places DMG in a position to further improve the value of the Company’s Chinese Gold assets.

The Company’s Executive Chairman Mr Robert Gardner stated “I am delighted with the
quality of the new team the Board has put together in China and I look forward to the
Market’s reaction to the upcoming resource estimation…it should be a Huge Splash”

How's that for confidence?

These guys have 2.1mil oz JORC'd at Lixian, and the pending announcement is for Jinshan, for which a resource of 0.66mil oz exists (not JORC). I am under the impression that this announcement is to occur before the end of next week

I've re-bought a couple for a short-term punt. For $80mil market cap and nearly 3mil oz already think I'm sufficiently downside protected but we will see

JBmurc
21-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Whats the average grade of the JORC gold an Cash balance Trackers?

trackers
21-07-2011, 09:09 PM
2mil cash at end of last quarter with 700k burnt (not a lot of exploration happening as you'd imagine). Last strachan report, sep10, says grade at Lixian is 2.8mil oz @ 1.6g/t JORC and 0.88mil @ 1.6g/t CMS - Total of 3.7mil oz @ 1.9g/t (2.7mil to DMG)

http://www.dragonmountain.com.au/dragonmountain/Documents/Brokers/100921%20Strachan%20Corporate%20Research%20Documen t.pdf

trackers
25-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Well this all turned out well, and company is now a shell...

Is it a cashbox for the board or does it have promise?

3.6mil market cap. Over 1.5x that in cash, $5.4mil

slow cash burn, 200k last quarter

No HC posts. Any thoughts?