PDA

View Full Version : Rum Jungle Resources (RUM) - Phosphate potential?

Huang Chung
07-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Just happened to flick onto the ASX announcements today where a release from RUM caught my attention.

"Indications of a world class phosphate provence"

Ammaroo Project, north of Alice Springs.

I bought some completely on spec...I really know nothing about phosphate, but the announcement did a good enough sell job to get me to buy first, ask questions later. Seems to tick the right boxes such as very shallow, reasonable grade, and 'uniform blanket'. They are also making a big deal about the potential size of the deposit...... 'this suggests a high tonnage, high grade phosphate deposit of giant dimensions'.

Now...over to you.

If any of you have knowledge of phosphate, have I bought into a piece of crap, or could this thing have legs? Read the announcement and media release and let me know what you think.

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RUM&E=ASX&N=347069

shasta
07-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Just happened to flick onto the ASX announcements today where a release from RUM caught my attention.

"Indications of a world class phosphate provence"

Ammaroo Project, north of Alice Springs.

I bought some completely on spec...I really know nothing about phosphate, but the announcement did a good enough sell job to get me to buy first, ask questions later. Seems to tick the right boxes such as very shallow, reasonable grade, and 'uniform blanket'. They are also making a big deal about the potential size of the deposit...... 'this suggests a high tonnage, high grade phosphate deposit of giant dimensions'.

Now...over to you.

If any of you have knowledge of phosphate, have I bought into a piece of crap, or could this thing have legs? Read the announcement and media release and let me know what you think.

Ive got a couple of phosphate plays on my watchlist, will check out how there grades compare, but 20% + sounds good to me especially if its shallow

Will post some comparisons for you

Better still, im leave a link for the former NMN, now named AGR

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=AGR&E=ASX&N=180794

Hopefully it gives you a bit more background on Phosphate (& a better comparison than say MAK)

Huang Chung
07-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Shasta...I've just had a quick look at AGR and it seems to me that RUM potentially stacks up very, very well against it in terms of grade and depth. Obviously, not as close to markets, which is a disadvantage.

shasta
07-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Shasta...I've just had a quick look at AGR and it seems to me that RUM potentially stacks up very, very well against it in terms of grade and depth. Obviously, not as close to markets, which is a disadvantage.

Another stock to compare against POZ

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=POZ&E=ASX&N=480474 (old presentation but has some guff on phosphate)

Again RUM's grades stack up, you could be onto a winner here HC!

drillfix
07-12-2010, 11:36 PM
HC did you just buy in with one big buy or clump, or did you scale in?

Huang Chung
07-12-2010, 11:58 PM
I'm not sure if the broker picked them up in one lump or not, as I haven't got the contract note yet. I didn't buy many, so they should have been a pretty easy pick up at 15c.

h2so4
08-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Ah good one for Drilly:),and me.:)

Feels good.

Thanks HC

drillfix
08-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Ah good one for Drilly:),and me.:)

Feels good.

Thanks HC

Hi h2,

Dont feel good yet as I have not bought in, although I do have an order in which, may or maynot get filled.

are you in h2? when was your entry?

h2so4
08-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Yes I'm in, 0.16. Price usually falls once I buy in. Hope you do better Drilly

drillfix
08-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Good stuff h2, not sure if my order will get taken or not, but will leave it there to see what happens.

I saw a 1M seller at 17c appear earlier today that looked pretty serious about stopping any party, so thought why not just let the action come to me if possible.

percy
08-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Yes I'm in, 0.16. Price usually falls once I buy in. Hope you do better Drilly

Should fall now that I have just brought in at 16c too.!!!!
Thanks HC.

h2so4
08-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Good stuff h2, not sure if my order will get taken or not, but will leave it there to see what happens.

I saw a 1M seller at 17c appear earlier today that looked pretty serious about stopping any party, so thought why not just let the action come to me if possible.

Na **** it. Let's have a party anyway.:D

Huang Chung
08-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Shasta, thanks for the info on POZ...I missed reading your post yesterday.

I'm feeling pretty comfortable with RUM (ignorance is bliss maybe?). Saw that have around $4m in the bank, with a market cap of just $20m...not too bad at all. Grabbed some more today at 15.5c (placed the order before the market opened, and took about 4 hrs before anyone sold down to those levels....so it looks like most holders of the stock aren't letting their stock go at any old price).

I've had a look at POZ, but can't say its really caught my interest. They don't seem to be progressing things very quickly, and the capital costs for their proposed slurry pipeline look rather steep (but with low transport operating costs).

Still on the lookout for people with a bit of knowledge around phosphate to take a good look at RUM latest announcements and give their opinion (good, bad or indifferent).

I've attached the latest RUM releases on the Ammaroo phosphate project, which are probably best read in order, top to bottom.

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RUM&E=ASX&N=344261

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=AAG&E=ASX&N=515989

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RUM&E=ASX&N=346629

h2so4
08-12-2010, 09:45 PM
HC I have been burnt with MAK, but I still like phosphate. It's low inflation adjusted price, pre 2008 prices, continued demand and growing shortage which are all outlined in the last announcement under media release 7/12/10.

percy
08-12-2010, 09:51 PM
I googled phosphate.Peak [i kid you not] phosphate ;underpins NZ's entire agricultural economy.World shortage.

drillfix
09-12-2010, 01:11 AM
Still on the lookout for people with a bit of knowledge around phosphate to take a good look at RUM latest announcements and give their opinion (good, bad or indifferent).

I think some comments from Gazprom may be of some use as he seemed to at one time take a big stake in Minemakers (MAK).

Although I dont know if it was for MAKs phosphate but he did speak with them so would surely know some of the in's and outs of such a company.

As with any thoughts about any company or investment though, it can usually be what questions that we dont think of or ask, that are the ones that can be of a great significant concern to any investment, imo.

Huang Chung
13-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Little 'ol RUM scores a mention in the "Pure Speculation" column of the Australian!

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/opinion/a-sellers-market-as-zircon-turns-the-tiles/story-e6frg9if-1225969790747

soulman
20-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Once again, you done it again HC. RUM up 15.6% on a potash announcement.

COLIN
20-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Bought some of these back in October and then started to have serious doubts when they dipped in November, but am now glad I hung on. I also think that dropping the "Uranium" from their name may possibly have helped to attract a wider audience. Today's announcement seems to have been well received - we're in the briny - let's hope our gains don't fall victim to evaporation! Am encouraged by the 5:1 ratio buyers:sellers.

Huang Chung
21-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Once again, you done it again HC. RUM up 15.6% on a potash announcement.

Soulman...I'm in RUM primarily for the high grade phosphate potential, but the good results they are achieving with Potash is most certainly welcome.

Huang Chung
21-12-2010, 11:02 PM
RUM going great guns today, no doubt assisted by today's announcement detailing 2011 exploration plans for high grade phosphate at Ammaroo.

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RUM&E=ASX&N=347832

Builds nicely on yesterday's positive news regarding their brine lake potash prospects.

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RUM&E=ASX&N=347763

COLIN
21-12-2010, 11:48 PM
RUM going great guns today, no doubt assisted by today's announcement detailing 2011 exploration plans for high grade phosphate at Ammaroo.

Builds nicely on yesterday's positive news regarding their brine lake potash prospects.

And the weight of buying to selling interest should keep us chugging uphill for a few more miles yet, HC!

drillfix
13-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Another stock to compare against POZ

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=POZ&E=ASX&N=480474 (old presentation but has some guff on phosphate)

Again RUM's grades stack up, you could be onto a winner here HC!

Hi Shasta,

Whats up with POZ?

It seems that the news today has been already factored into the recent RUM rally up from the 20'+c previous days, yet it has hit newer highs.

Meanwhile back at the Ranch, POZ seems like its about to bottom or test the 52 week Low. Seems like a main holder wanting out perhaps? maybe no news killing the stock from slack management not being able to deliver, Or, the diversification into Manganese in WA?

Funny business this, lots of unknown variables floating around and not floating around,.

drillfix
13-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Just a thought, but has anybody heard from HC?

HC, are you Ok?? I know your up there near Brissie mate and I know there is lots of carnage up there atm so question is, is you house/home family and friends all ok up there?

The disaster is broadcast on the news here on the gold coast every moment of the day it seems and from some of the pics I am seeing, its seems surreal to think that its only 45 minutes away.

So I hope your all Ok there mate.

shasta
13-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Hi Shasta,

Whats up with POZ?

It seems that the news today has been already factored into the recent RUM rally up from the 20'+c previous days, yet it has hit newer highs.

Meanwhile back at the Ranch, POZ seems like its about to bottom or test the 52 week Low. Seems like a main holder wanting out perhaps? maybe no news killing the stock from slack management not being able to deliver, Or, the diversification into Manganese in WA?

Funny business this, lots of unknown variables floating around and not floating around,.

Cant say i know much about POZ or RUM Drilly, it was just in my mind at the time i posted, for comparison purposes

Hope HC is ok, Queensland has taken a massive toll, its unreal, the size of the area affected is larger than NZ!

drillfix
13-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Cant say i know much about POZ or RUM Drilly, it was just in my mind at the time i posted, for comparison purposes

Hope HC is ok, Queensland has taken a massive toll, its unreal, the size of the area affected is larger than NZ!

No worries Shasta, thought that may have been one of the stocks you had run the ruler over.

Yeah, sure do hope we do hear from HC soon. Just watching the TV and hearing horrific stories in such detail is quite alarming really.

Huang Chung
14-01-2011, 12:16 AM
Just a thought, but has anybody heard from HC?

HC, are you Ok?? I know your up there near Brissie mate and I know there is lots of carnage up there atm so question is, is you house/home family and friends all ok up there?

The disaster is broadcast on the news here on the gold coast every moment of the day it seems and from some of the pics I am seeing, its seems surreal to think that its only 45 minutes away.

So I hope your all Ok there mate.

Drilly, Shasta

Yep, still here, high and dry, but somewhat pre-occupied ATM with current events. Appreciate your concern though.

Some parts of the city are doing it tough at the moment, but the real tragedy has been Toowoomba on the top of the range, and towns like Grantham in the Lockyer Valley to the west of Brisbane. Even in NZ I'm sure you've seen the footage of the cars being swept away in Toowoomba. Hard to believe when the town is something like 2000 feet above sea level.

drillfix
14-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Hi HC,

Good to hear you ok there mate! Been a couple of days since your last post so thought maybe you were caught up in the tragedy but thank goodness your ok.

Got a friend just south of Toowoomba and need to get in touch with him. Last I heard he was visiting his girlfriend in Townsville and got stuck up there due to the floods and could not come back. (that was a couple weeks ago) but apparently he has travelled back and will give him another call to see if he is ok.

On another note, looks like RUM did a little rally hey, are you still holding this HC? Seems though that the news was already factored in as there was a bit of a retreat on the news.

Good to hear your ok anyway! :)

Huang Chung
14-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Haven't sold a single share Drilly :).

BUT...it will be the drill that untimately determines where RUM will go, either into orbit or the dog house....

h2so4
14-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Feels like a rocket to me. See you in orbit Rocket Man.:)

drillfix
14-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Fair enough HC and quite a balanced view really. The result will do the talking and the sp just follows accordingly.

H2, lol, you seem pretty confident there. Heres to some good results for you guys. Any approximation to when these results are due?

Huang Chung
14-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Drilly, not expecting anything in the immediate future, but these two announcements detail where they're at with their phosphate and potash projects.

Ammaroo Phosphate:

Karinga Creek Potash:

drillfix
14-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Cheers HC

Has anybody actually run the ruler over this stock to do some comparison to any of its peers?

Would be good if somebody has and can sound off. Not used to these sort of companies and they seem hard to gauge, measure when there are only really few of them. Dont ya think?

Huang Chung
14-01-2011, 02:07 PM
The problem with a lot of phosphate plays is they either have low grades or they are far from transport, or both.

Whilst it's still early days, RUM are deliniating a high grade phosphate deposit at Ammaroo, and it's only around 85km from the Alice Springs to Darwin rail. Next round of drilling will cover ground even closer to the railway.

Obviously, you need to prove up the resource for starters, and then make sure the project is viable via the various feasibility studies. I reckon they're in there with half a chance of doing this.

h2so4
14-01-2011, 03:21 PM
The ann by AAG selling it's 30% stake to RUM indicates something is brewing. Maybe potential partners are already showing their interest.

The phosphate price should underpin any downside.

Cheers Drilly I'm already there.:)

drillfix
14-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Ammaroo Phosphate:

Can see grades on that ann you posted HC but nothing about tonnage. Is there anyway to gather how much tonnage there is or that they are looking at?

drillfix
14-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Guys, I am not much of a FA type guy, I guess I'm basically trying to understand why RUM is 30+c and POZ is now under 10c with only 100M shares issued yet RUM is up 3x that although be it, it seems that the grades for RUM are higher.

Here is an ann with some reading of JORC resource and grades yet I still cant figure why one
http://www.phosphateaustralia.com.au/_inc/res/asx_announcements/848592_POZ_Strategic_Partner_Process.pdf

Also seems the stock is being sold off or a major holder exiting, as the past few days, for this stock, high volume of 1M+ shares are changing hands so any thoughts on this?

h2so4
14-01-2011, 05:04 PM
http://imagesignal.comsec.com.au/asxdata/20101207/pdf/01129902.pdf

It's general Drilly...high tonnage 20+ years mine life that sort of thing.

h2so4
14-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Also seems the stock is being sold off or a major holder exiting, as the past few days, for this stock, high volume of 1M+ shares are changing hands so any thoughts on this?

Nope no thoughts. I have never understood why this happens but I am sure Phaedrus knows why.:)

drillfix
14-01-2011, 05:30 PM
H2,
I am not asking for Technicals on this, I am asking for Fundamentals.

h2so4
14-01-2011, 05:42 PM
H2,
I am not asking for Technicals on this, I am asking for Fundamentals.

Well maybe the seller got happy or went mad.:)

shasta
14-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Cheers HC

Has anybody actually run the ruler over this stock to do some comparison to any of its peers?

Would be good if somebody has and can sound off. Not used to these sort of companies and they seem hard to gauge, measure when there are only really few of them. Dont ya think?

RUM stacks up better than all the other plays on the ASX, but theres not too many to compare to!

Huang Chung
14-01-2011, 08:34 PM
I would suggest you are looking at a very conservative 15 million tonnes within the 2.5 km x 1.5 km area recently drilled. Of course, the drilling has been light, so there is an assumption that the mineralisation persists throughout this area. But really, RUM have only scratched the surface here. I do like the way they quickly pegged other tenements that were likely to contain similar phosphate deposits (the phospate is located on what was the shoreline of an inland sea).

trackers
17-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Guys, I am not much of a FA type guy, I guess I'm basically trying to understand why RUM is 30+c and POZ is now under 10c with only 100M shares issued yet RUM is up 3x that although be it, it seems that the grades for RUM are higher.

Here is an ann with some reading of JORC resource and grades yet I still cant figure why one
http://www.phosphateaustralia.com.au/_inc/res/asx_announcements/848592_POZ_Strategic_Partner_Process.pdf

Hmmmm might look into these ones further, particularly POZ. 56Mt at 16% P2O5 for $10mil market cap. Top 20 own 60%.... Certainly is one sick looking chart

As far as Rum goes, looks like its a lot closer to transportation and the deposit could be a lot larger? Guess thats what it has (now) 4x the market cap of POZ.... Wonder which has bigger upside.

trackers
17-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Just one more thing on POZ before I go back to minding my own business... HotC shows some pretty unhappy holders who will no doubt look to exit on any rise. Oswals (Burrup Fertilisers) have been recent sellers. Also, one of the problems seems to be that there are 4 geo's on the board....

And lastly, MD says that they're looking at revenue of about $US110 p/t for 3mil tonnes per year ($330mil revenue). Says that a decently slurry pipeline will (other than being expensive capex wise) be about $4 /pt to operate. So a highly profitable operation once its actually up and running. One thing though, phosphate prices have risen something like 60% to $600 p/tonne, so I wonder why the massive discrepancy there.

A JV with a big company that knows what they are doing could see some good times.....

drillfix
17-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks for your view there HC , Shasta and Trackers!

Hey trackers, yes a major holder selling out of POZ and I think there will be plenty upside once he is done which cant be too long as he only has about 5.x million left and after today that should be approx 4.x million left.

Will sure buy them under 10c though cause I would say by week ending there will be a move up, hence agree, plenty of upside here.

Comparisons between the RUM and POZ are slightly awkward to compare unless you only view the phosphate however a foot in both would be nice and pitty I missed this at 13c around, but ahh well.

Huang Chung
17-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Took some off the table today, so I'm effectively free carried on the balance.

gazprom1
17-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Just one more thing on POZ before I go back to minding my own business... HotC shows some pretty unhappy holders who will no doubt look to exit on any rise. Oswals (Burrup Fertilisers) have been recent sellers. Also, one of the problems seems to be that there are 4 geo's on the board....

And lastly, MD says that they're looking at revenue of about $US110 p/t for 3mil tonnes per year ($330mil revenue). Says that a decently slurry pipeline will (other than being expensive capex wise) be about $4 /pt to operate. So a highly profitable operation once its actually up and running. One thing though, phosphate prices have risen something like 60% to $600 p/tonne, so I wonder why the massive discrepancy there.

A JV with a big company that knows what they are doing could see some good times.....

Hey Trackers,

Can you clarify one thing: you mention that phosphate prices have risen to something like $600p/t. I am not sure that is correct. Super phoshate is around NZ$300-340p/t. You might have been looking at urea which is current a touch over $700p/t but has been around $600p/t for most of last year. The "raw" phosphate they get of the ground has a much lower value - which is probably the $110 figure they mention for revenue.

You been making money?? Hope so!!!

Gaz

drillfix
17-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Took some off the table today, so I'm effectively free carried on the balance.

Good stuff there HC, back to the early post I wish I had followed you on this play as it was there for the picking.

Well done on your move though :)

Huang Chung
17-01-2011, 10:34 PM
I'd still keep an eye on it Drilly, if I were you.

If the new drilling extends the know zone of high grade phosphate, RUM could go ballistic.

trackers
18-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Hey Trackers,

Can you clarify one thing: you mention that phosphate prices have risen to something like $600p/t. I am not sure that is correct. Super phoshate is around NZ$300-340p/t. You might have been looking at urea which is current a touch over $700p/t but has been around $600p/t for most of last year. The "raw" phosphate they get of the ground has a much lower value - which is probably the $110 figure they mention for revenue.

You been making money?? Hope so!!!

Gaz

Hey Gaz, know nothing at all about phosphate prices so yeah I was probably looking at urea by accident, thanks for clearing that up as I was a bit confused :)

Doing ok, portfolios up a little over 10% in Jan so can't complain. How about you? MAK is doing well!

Huang Chung
28-01-2011, 07:58 PM
I understand that the company is doing presentations in Sydney and Melbourne today and Monday. Some brokers are latching onto the story as well.

Good quarterly that's definitely worth a read. Here's an interesting bit:

"In December the company made a presentation to the office of the Minister for Mines and Energy in
Darwin. Background to the presentation was the important impact the project could make on usage of
the Northern Territory Railway infrastructure and the under-utilised capacity at the Darwin Port
Corporation. A follow up presentation by senior personnel of the Darwin Port Corporation highlighted
the available infrastructure and capacity of the new wharf facilities.
The company is in preliminary discussions with Sydney based Origin Capital Group Pty Ltd, to
provide logistics advice. The company is also intending to discuss the project with interested consumers in the next few months."

If you think about it, their actions seem to imply a high degree of confidence in their Resource at Ammaroo, even though it is still early days.

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RUM&E=ASX&N=349268

Huang Chung
01-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Up a lazy 25% today on no news. Turnover a very healthy 4m.

Now a 3 bagger on my original entery just less than 2 months ago.

evilroyrule
01-02-2011, 07:50 PM
i am doing my best to erase all knldge of your previous gir like post. i am consoling myself that pir arrested its downturn. hardly 25%

Huang Chung
01-02-2011, 08:22 PM
PIR released some good drill results today, but is hostage to a sagging sentiment for gold.

Not sure what your driving at Roy, but PIR is something like a 6 bagger from when I first posted and I was backing GIR from below $1, and it's now nearly $5.(not that I held it all the way).

evilroyrule
01-02-2011, 08:34 PM
lost opportunity re rum is all hc. me not do sarcasm wang

percy
01-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Well Huang Chung [so far so good] was over the moon to see RUMsters post.I saw earlier that they had hit 38.Thought that was great,so was taken by surprise when I read WC's post on HC and saw the price at time of posting was 47.5cents.Pleased I kept half my holding. I still laugh at your original post.!! What a great call.

COLIN
01-02-2011, 09:40 PM
yo ho ho and a bottle of .............

denpal
02-02-2011, 07:01 AM
Phosphate is around $US150/t for average grade.

FMB says that their North African FOB range for the first quarter of 2011 reflects recent sales by OCP to customers in the US and Europe at $140-150pt FOB for 69-70 BPL.

The latest fertweek has Morocco product at $US155 - 165pt FOB for 65-75 BPL.

Well done on the sp rise I just missed out at 37c, decided not to chase it! At least I have some RWD which is the RUM JV partner at Karinga Lakes, shaping up as a solar evaporative potash mine. The outlook for potash is up to $775/t later this year according to a report I have read and of course the price of retail potash in Australia is already significantly higher than that. And this will be a premium product too with magnesium and sulphur incuded.

Huang Chung
02-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Although it is hard to get much solid information, it seems Egypt has a phosphate industry that must now be under some sort of cloud, given the upheaval going on over there. I would seem logical that most Moroccan phosphate exports to Asia would go via the Suez Canal, which means the reliability of supply to Asia (incl Australia and New Zealand) must now also be questioned.

Having an alternate source of supply would undoubtedly seen as a welcome development. Subject to satisfactory economics, the idea of RUM railing phosphate straight to the undercapacity Port of Darwin seems a very attractive solution, with Darwin being perfectly located to serve South East Asian, Australian and New Zealand markets.

shasta
02-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Although it is hard to get much solid information, it seems Egypt has a phosphate industry that must now be under some sort of cloud, given the upheaval going on over there. I would seem logical that most Moroccan phosphate exports to Asia would go via the Suez Canal, which means the reliability of supply to Asia (incl Australia and New Zealand) must now also be questioned.

Having an alternate source of supply would undoubtedly seen as a welcome development. Subject to satisfactory economics, the idea of RUM railing phosphate straight to the undercapacity Port of Darwin seems a very attractive solution, with Darwin being perfectly located to serve South East Asian, Australian and New Zealand markets.

Hope ya barracaded up there HC, poor old Queensland really copping it of late

Let us know you're ok

drillfix
02-02-2011, 11:45 PM
I think Huang will be ok there Shasta as he is up Brisbane way.

The impact is starting to show now with winds and waves rising, and electrics starting to drop out in some places. (so the news says anyway).

Full effect is expected to hit around approx midnight, then continue and hopefully weaken as it moves in land though still will reduce to a category 3 cyclone rather than a 5 when it first hits.

Hope everybody who knows somebody up there are all locked down and fingers crossed.

Huang Chung
03-02-2011, 12:13 AM
Hope ya barracaded up there HC, poor old Queensland really copping it of late

Let us know you're ok

Hi Shas, Drilly,

TC Yasi isn't impacting the south of the state at all...we're flood and storm specialists down here ;-)

Just another hot, muggy summer's night in Brisvegas...

drillfix
03-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Good to hear HC.

And yeah, I know what you mean, its the same down here on the coast with hot, very humid and not very much breeze going on, or as you say, Muggy.

shasta
03-02-2011, 12:33 AM
Hi Shas, Drilly,

TC Yasi isn't impacting the south of the state at all...we're flood and storm specialists down here ;-)

Just another hot, muggy summer's night in Brisvegas...

Its getting alot of coverage over here, special news bulletins tomorrow morning, extra reporters etc

Here in the nations capital we regularly get winds over 100/kph, but around 300 kph is staggering

Huang Chung
03-02-2011, 12:38 AM
Its getting alot of coverage over here, special news bulletins tomorrow morning, extra reporters etc

Here in the nations capital we regularly get winds over 100/kph, but around 300 kph is staggering

To put it in terms people might appreciate, it's as fast as a V8 Supercar goes down Conrod Straight at Bathurst.

POSSUM THE CAT
03-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Huang Chung. Untill the V8 Supercar puts a rod through the side & do not forget the Racing Teams rebuild the motor on a regular basis, Does Rum Jungle need rebuilding every couple of Months like the V8 Supercar engine
(http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/member.php?7067-Huang-Chung)

Huang Chung
03-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Well, RUM put on 25% for no good reason, and now it seems like it's giving most of the gains back.

C'est la vie.....

percy
03-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Well, RUM put on 25% for no good reason, and now it seems like it's giving most of the gains back.

C'est la vie.....

Don't know but certainly an interesting ride.Chart looks very strong though, and volumes high.

COLIN
07-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Returning with a vengeance, today.

percy
14-02-2011, 02:22 PM
The drums are drumming up a right old rum tum tum rum today,over 50cents.RUM ON heat.!!!

COLIN
14-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Me no sell!

Huang Chung
14-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Lets hope we don't give it back, like what happened last time.

Huang Chung
26-02-2011, 08:55 PM
A slightly unusual interview with MD David Muller.

Mainly deals with his history, and the history of Rum Jungle.

Seems reasonably bullish that they will be producing phosphate at Ammaroo. Next round of drilling should start early next week, and they will be getting the holes done very quickly.

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RUM&E=ASX&N=350817

Sauce
27-02-2011, 10:00 AM
HC

Clear your PMs so I can send you one. It says your inbox is full! :)

Regards,

Sauce

Huang Chung
27-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Done.......

Huang Chung
01-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Something that came up in Federal Parliament about Morocco and Western Sahara that I didn't know....

http://www.openaustralia.org/debates/?id=2011-02-24.94.1

Worth watching Morocco at the moment. They are also experiencing a wave of protests, but everythings peaceful so far.

percy
02-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Something that came up in Federal Parliament about Morocco and Western Sahara that I didn't know....

Worth watching Morocco at the moment. They are also experiencing a wave of protests, but everythings peaceful so far.
Good link,thanks.Australian companies will be a lot happier having an australian supplier.At was it 20 holes a day we will know shortly.I am still half there having sold half.

Huang Chung
07-03-2011, 11:46 PM
Sold the majority of my holding today for a handy 4 bagger.

Still holding a few just to keep some skin in the game.

drillfix
08-03-2011, 03:16 AM
Sold the majority of my holding today for a handy 4 bagger.

Still holding a few just to keep some skin in the game.

Wow, sounds like bliss there HC, and may I say your timing is impeccable.

Perhaps we should hit you up for some Thai Food too....lol What do ya reckon Percy? :)

percy
08-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Wow, sounds like bliss there HC, and may I say your timing is impeccable.

Perhaps we should hit you up for some Thai Food too....lol What do ya reckon Percy? :)

Well done HC.I am still half there.!? Got no idea what I am doing.Expect Aussie to be down today with US down,so may wait for drilling results.
drillfix.I agree with you on the Thais.What we have to avoid is evilroyrule's " bad" Indian curries.

Huang Chung
08-03-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm in two minds about the last drilling update. They only highlighted two holes further south as having medium to high grade phosphate, at slightly deeper depth. They didn't mention the thickness of the intercepts. I magnified the pic of the geo holding the chips from one of those holes, and, if I've interpreted the picture correctly, the white bit didn't look very thick. If course, there may be more chips that they didn't photograph. I'm probably over-analysing this, and maybe jumping to some erroneous conclusions, but, again, I'm going with my gut here.

The bigger story is what's to the west of the current drilling, which we don't know as yet. I might jump back in if that drilling turns up some nice thick intercepts of high grade phosphate.

soulman
21-12-2011, 07:36 PM
RUM back in action due to SOL subs holding of 9 mil shares for a 6% stake. I have bought in.

tricha
25-09-2012, 05:45 PM
RUM back in action due to SOL subs holding of 9 mil shares for a 6% stake. I have bought in.

All gone quiet on this one, especially since SOL now hold 13.83%. What will these guys do with this, sell it off to the Chinese!

Seems to be the way these days. I bought a few, worth a punt, it's cheap and things are stepping up, in the company with Appointment of Director of Development Projetcs (http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/news-item?S=RUM&E=ASX&N=379089)

and we have this presentation. 19th
Mining the Territory 2012 Conference Presentation (http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/news-item?S=RUM&E=ASX&N=379161)

soulman
25-09-2012, 08:40 PM
All gone quiet on this one, especially since SOL now hold 13.83%. What will these guys do with this, sell it off to the Chinese!

Seems to be the way these days. I bought a few, worth a punt, it's cheap and things are stepping up, in the company with Appointment of Director of Development Projetcs (http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/news-item?S=RUM&E=ASX&N=379089)

and we have this presentation. 19th
Mining the Territory 2012 Conference Presentation (http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/news-item?S=RUM&E=ASX&N=379161)

Forum has gone completely quiet Tricha. I have been trading RUM and still got a few bought at 22. SOL got most of RUM for 30 cents in their recent placement.

Interesting SOL is currently acquiring 100% of EXS. I missed out since the first bid and was going to buy some EXS as I feel a higher offer.

tricha
26-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Forum has gone completely quiet Tricha. I have been trading RUM and still got a few bought at 22. SOL got most of RUM for 30 cents in their recent placement.

Interesting SOL is currently acquiring 100% of EXS. I missed out since the first bid and was going to buy some EXS as I feel a higher offer.+

SOL keep buying more RUM Soulman, so they must have done the numbers and even at 30 cents, it was cheap to them.

Now it's 20 cents, I guess their next move will be take it all at 25 cents, hmm, like EXS.

macduffy
26-09-2012, 01:22 PM
A new company - to me! The name, Rum Jungle, brings back some of my earliest investment memories, circa early 1960's when Rum Jungle was synonomous with "uranium" in Australia.

Any company that SOL are interested in deserves to be taken seriously - more research required on my part. A first thought though, SOL's stated reason for taking control of EXS was to secure ore for their CopperChem plant. I don't know whether there would be an equivalent reason to seek all of RUM? Or is it just too attractive a proposition not to have it all?

macduffy
27-09-2012, 12:39 PM
RUM gets a mention, in passing, in this recent article on fertiliser stocks.

http://www.eurekareport.com.au/article/2012/9/24/commodities/are-fertiliser-stocks-primed-growth?utm_source=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&utm_medium=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&utm_content=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&utm_campaign=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&modapt=

tricha
13-10-2012, 12:03 AM
RUM gets a mention, in passing, in this recent article on fertiliser stocks.

http://www.eurekareport.com.au/article/2012/9/24/commodities/are-fertiliser-stocks-primed-growth?utm_source=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&utm_medium=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&utm_content=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&utm_campaign=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&modapt=

Imm, u might be right Mac Duffy, a good day to bail. ( Thats if u r an early bird )

percy
26-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Looking very strong today at 27cents.25cents was stopping it.

Huang Chung
26-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Good to see the Rummeys regaining some form at long last.

You've also got Nu Power (NUP) to the east of RUM, with similar sorts of grades, at a much lower mkt cap, but, further from the Adelaide to Darwin rail line, which lies to the west of RUM. On balance, I still prefer RUM.

percy
19-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Good to see the Rummeys regaining some form at long last.

You've also got Nu Power (NUP) to the east of RUM, with similar sorts of grades, at a much lower mkt cap, but, further from the Adelaide to Darwin rail line, which lies to the west of RUM. On balance, I still prefer RUM.

I brought a small parcel today.Last time I followed your lead on RUM I did very well.

percy
06-11-2013, 06:28 PM
The market pushed RUM up 2.5cents [17.2%] to 17cents on the announcement it had signed a Potash MOU with Chinese Govt Chemical Consulting Group.A positive step forward in bringing this project to market.

Huang Chung
19-02-2014, 08:02 AM
The wheels keep turning slowly at RUM.

Share price is in the doldrums, but this weeks announcement about a visit to China grabbed my attention. Maybe some deal to follow?

Anyhow, I took the opportunity to re-establish a position in RUM after a hiatus of a few years.

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RUM&E=ASX&N=402119

percy
30-05-2014, 08:46 PM

For Matakana.

Huang Chung
31-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Just no interest at all in RUM.....

When you're sector is out of favour, it's out of favour :t_down:

percy
31-05-2014, 08:42 AM
Just no interest at all in RUM.....

When you're sector is out of favour, it's out of favour :t_down:

Certainly is.!
I added to my RUM and SRZ [Tasmanian Tin] holdings awhile ago.Foolish I know,but I like the progress both are making.[Only play money in each.]

MAC
20-07-2014, 11:05 PM
Ah Percy, thanks, I’ve found the RUM thread.

Yes, the pre-feasibility is due in a few weeks and I've been holding off for that before committing to RUM.

My feel is that it may be prohibitive for RUM to road and rail 18%P2O5 all that way to Darwin, it just doesn't seem competitive with Moroccan 32%P2O5 landed in Australia with plus US$65/t freight.

RUM are always banging on about being close to a major rail and gas pipelines, and they have a potash prospect at Karinga.

Although it may be quite marginal to get the phosphate out as a product am I correct in assuming that their intention is not to do so, rather it is to value add, process in the desert, provided a water permit is forthcoming, and to rail out value added product only, NPK, SSP and DAP ?

percy
21-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Rereading the presentation I think the Strategic Overview on page 4 sets out their objectives.
Page 20 gives potential out comes that could create shareholder value,which gives you an idea of their intentions,depending on whether they sell a project,develop a project or projects with a joint venture, or decide to go it alone on one project.
Next Step on page 22 states immediate objectives.

percy
23-11-2017, 05:02 PM
Still making progress.
I have always had a laugh at Chairman's using the word "significant" in their speeches.
Used once.=hold.
Twice........buy.
Three times .strong buy.
Well today the chairman used it four times.!!!
Now do I follow this proven trading system and bet the house on them,or just remain"well positioned" with what I have??.
ps they changed their name to Verdant Minerals, and the new code is VRM.