PDA

View Full Version : Fund pricing - Pike River

Anna Naum
10-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Wonder what price fund managers are pricing PRC in portfolios. Would make performance better to leave it at last price of 80+ cents but not such a good sign for those buying into a fund with unit pricing!

Lego_Man
10-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Wonder what price fund managers are pricing PRC in portfolios. Would make performance better to leave it at last price of 80+ cents but not such a good sign for those buying into a fund with unit pricing!

I know Milford Asset Management have marked it down to 15c, not sure about anyone else though.

winner69
10-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Prob Index funds leave it lasy clsoe if yesterday announcement anything to go by .... also assume PRC remains in indices as well

NZX DECEMBER QUARTERLY INDEX REVIEW

8 Dec 2010 - NZX announces that following the December Quarterly Index Review, there will be no change to the constituents of the headline NZX 50 Index or any other NZX Equity Index.

NZX Indices are based on the freely available NZX Equity Indices Methodology, which does not provide for a stock to be removed from an index when in a trading halt. Halted securities remain in indices at their last close price. Once trading resumes, ongoing index membership is based on their ability to meet ranking and liquidity requirements.

The Quarterly rebalance of all index weightings will be implemented after market close on Friday 17 December 2010 and effective at market open Monday 20 December 2010.

Anna Naum
10-12-2010, 10:26 AM
I see NZX still has it as being worth $230m so I guess that is what you are buying it at if you purchase a NZX product from Smartshares?

blackcap
10-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Smartshares are traded on the market... surely the market has factored this into its price? Although yes just thinking, the drip feed system and monthly instalments do they issue more shares for that? Or are they bought on market.... could be interesting..

Traderx
10-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Tyndall marked to zero from memory

skid
11-12-2010, 08:50 AM
isnt ACC invested heavely in Pike? would be ironic if this was the case. Cant remember if it was pike or PPP

winner69
11-12-2010, 09:42 AM
ACC had 5 mill shares last year .... but then ACC have shares in everything