PDA

View Full Version : UNV - Universal Coal

Stumpynuts
14-12-2010, 01:31 PM
One stock for the watchlist?

Report says roughly 300 Million tonnes of thermal coal and 400 mill coking coal
Close to existing infrastructure
Relatively undiluted shares (shares 4:1 to market cap)
Expecting self-financing operations 2nd HY 2011
About to commence coal production within 1st HY 2011
Open cast mining (no PRC issues?)
$20m cash on hand as of 15 December 2010

Appreciate other ST members thoughts, am I correct to assume that SP looks undervalued ATM?

Stumpynuts
15-12-2010, 07:04 PM
My boss at work, he went apesh*t over AKM. And they only had 300M tonnes of coal?

airedale
15-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Hi Stumpy, what does your boss think of UNV?

Stumpynuts
15-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Hi Stumpy, what does your boss think of UNV?

He left to go on holiday mid-week last week.
I've only noticed this company since Monday of this week.

Stumpynuts
20-01-2011, 11:15 PM
SP is steadily creeping up......

drillfix
20-01-2011, 11:52 PM
It sure has stumpy,

Anybody got a complete breakdown for comparing this UNV with ZYL?

Stumpynuts
21-01-2011, 09:25 AM
It sure has stumpy,

Anybody got a complete breakdown for comparing this UNV with ZYL?

I doubt anybody has bothered to chart up any comparisons to other companies yet.
IMO I do however see lots of upsides to this company - $20 mill cash on hand, targeting production this year with full production in 3-4 years, low dilution in SP, close infrastructure.

I was also pondering whether or not the floods in Australia would affect the price of coal, given that some aussie companies would have staff directly affected by flood damage. This company is based in South Africa so no flood worries? - Food for thought?

Stumpynuts
21-01-2011, 09:26 AM
SP was obviously undervalued around the time I opened up this thread...... As evidenced by current SP

drillfix
21-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Maybe based in South Aus, but dont they have their main project in Africa?

Stumpynuts
21-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Maybe based in South Aus, but dont they have their main project in Africa?

I can't remember on that bit - They do have base in Australia but I don't think that was their main office, rather just where their Australian activity is based at.

It was somewhere in their presentations. They're a South African based company who have only listed on ASX for about 2 months now.

drillfix
21-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Stumpy, how can you possibly not remember anthing about South Africa, its the main project after all.

Have another read of the presentation: http://imagesignal.comsec.com.au/asxdata/20101215/pdf/01132907.pdf

Will show you all the projects there.

Looks quite interesting.

But the previous point was also look at ZYL's project, near exact same locations or very nearby.

Stumpynuts
21-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Stumpy, how can you possibly not remember anthing about South Africa, its the main project after all.

Have another read of the presentation: http://imagesignal.comsec.com.au/asxdata/20101215/pdf/01132907.pdf

Will show you all the projects there.

Looks quite interesting.

But the previous point was also look at ZYL's project, near exact same locations or very nearby.

LOL, Yeah I know S.Africa is where all of their production is going to come from.
What I was acutally meaning to say was that it's a S. African company based in S. Africa, with an office based in South Australia. The context was mis-interpreted somewhere along the line hahaha.

Good turnover and good volume within the first hour of trading today.
1 1/2 million shares traded and SP gone up yet again........

Tee hee hee heee.
The only bummer is that it's too expensive for me.....

Stumpynuts
27-01-2011, 12:47 PM
More coal announced today

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20110127/pdf/41wd09xxb6kvkk.pdf

drillfix
27-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Hey Stumpy, I see this is going well for you, so good stuff there mate!

I cant believe that there have been so few if any replies with the exception of airedale.

Wow, the sp has virtually doubled since your 1st post and I like the chart too, even though there is not a great deal of data on it. It may need to take a breather I reckon.

Again, well done.

Stumpynuts
27-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Hey Stumpy, I see this is going well for you, so good stuff there mate!

I cant believe that there have been so few if any replies with the exception of airedale.

Wow, the sp has virtually doubled since your 1st post and I like the chart too, even though there is not a great deal of data on it. It may need to take a breather I reckon.

Again, well done.

I still believe there is more room for the SP to gain - Gold has definitely seemed to have done it's dash.

There are still more potential resource gains from their Somerville Tuli Project - currently 274Mt Gross In-situ. coking coal.
They want to explore for possibly 800-1000 Mt.

Would be a goldmine (excuse the pun) if this were the case >_<

Stumpynuts
31-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Yep yep yep...

Stumpynuts
14-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Cool beans,

Coking coal resources have quadrupled...... :)

mark100
14-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Cool beans,

Coking coal resources have quadrupled...... :)

I don't hold but todays annoucement has got me very interested

skeet
28-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Just found this little stock today, taken a bite in at 20c. Should see a number of positive ann over the next few months to drive it up.

drillfix
28-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Been in and out of UNV a couple of times Skeet.

I like it, but has no momentum which is a bit of a drag so miss the days where it would move or easily flow form 23c to 27c but I guess your a long holder so the news the eventually comes will be a nice reward for holding long.

Have it on a watch list anyway so will be watching this, alone with Huang's ZYL which seems to also have stalled, as too has XCD.

skeet
04-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Trading halt today pending the release of an announcement regarding a strategic funding arrangement and operational update.