PDA

View Full Version : NEW YEAR Bash at Bermuda's Place

Oiler
16-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Time to celebrate the NWE Year with a party at Bermudas place in Christchurch

Date: 5th February 2011

Put the date in your calendars and especially all our OZ Ster's.

More details to follow

Shasta can you make this a sticky please

Serpie
16-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Locked and loaded Oiler.
Thank you to our splendid host Super B

A J
16-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Sounds good! Will be there! :)

Crypto Crude
26-12-2010, 03:29 AM
I will book the keg...
:cool:
.^sc

Corporate
26-12-2010, 06:47 AM
jeez this sounds like it could be worth coming down for!

bermuda
26-12-2010, 02:12 PM
jeez this sounds like it could be worth coming down for!

You are welcome Corporate as are all active sharetrader posters. I will bbq the fillet steaks, grill the tomatoes and ask wifey to look after the new potatoes and salads. And Shrewdy will provide an ice cold keg of wonderful Speights draught.

Oiler/ Shrewdy,
What time do you want to start? 5.30pm? or earlier?

JBmurc
26-12-2010, 06:15 PM
man that sounds good wish I could make it so I could burn a few ears on investing in Silver LOL one day I'll make it

Corporate
26-12-2010, 06:47 PM
You are welcome Corporate as are all active sharetrader posters. I will bbq the fillet steaks, grill the tomatoes and ask wifey to look after the new potatoes and salads. And Shrewdy will provide an ice cold keg of wonderful Speights draught.

Oiler/ Shrewdy,

Thanks bermuda - I will scope it out. Have you got a recommendation for close accomodation?

Cheers,
C

bermuda
26-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Corporate,
Ilam Motel, 250 Riccarton Road is about 8 minutes walk away. Let me know your flight details and I may be able to pick you up.
Cheers
B

Oiler
27-12-2010, 08:22 AM

Oiler/ Shrewdy,

Bermuda

Lets make it a 5:30pm start. That will give the out of towners time to "fly" in. I will organise a couple of cases of wine and few other things but lets go off line and work out those details. You and your wife are kind enough to let us use your place so we dont expect you to bare all the costs.

This event is open to everyone, north islanders and Aussies. You have got a month to organise your travel arrngements. Lets celebrate the NWE Year.

Corporate
29-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Corporate,
Ilam Motel, 250 Riccarton Road is about 8 minutes walk away. Let me know your flight details and I may be able to pick you up.
Cheers
B

Thanks Bermunda - the 29th is the day I need to move out of my current place. Figures crossed I can find a new place and move earlier.

Cheap flights on Jetstar for anyone looking to head down.

POSSUM THE CAT
29-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Corporate if you fly Jet Star you might just get their 5 mins. before it finished but I would not bet on it.

denpal
01-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Happy New Year, looking forward to this as I have managed to be away out of town for all the monthly meetings this year except for one and then I got the meeting place mixed up. JBMurc it's not that far from the Wakatip, need a silver bug or two there to ramp up the oilers!

Oiler
01-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Happy New Year, looking forward to this as I have managed to be away out of town for all the monthly meetings this year except for one and then I got the meeting place mixed up. JBMurc it's not that far from the Wakatip, need a silver bug or two there to ramp up the oilers!

Denpal lets see if we can get SKOL to do a layover in Christchurch on the 29th and get JB Murc up from Qtown and see SKOL give JB the bottle of wine that he won in the gold price battle.

Hey Tricha would be good to see you back in Christchurch again. I know, its hard to leave that "colony" in Mapua.

Rottweiller it is time for you to come down out of your "bush treehouse" and sample the Christchurch hospitality again.

rotweiller
02-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Oh Oiler - you really have hit a soft nerve.
Have been looking at the programme and looking to find a way down by grabaseat hopefully or driving if I have to.
Have noted Bermuda's motel recon.
"bush treehouse" indeed sir.Could provide hospitality for you if you could stand the panoramic view. Can even see your Mt Taranaki on a good day without binocs.
You should try my Leg of Lamb and dont forget the 200ml rain last time up there. Could not see a thing for 3 1/2 days and the hierachy think I am tops.

Cheers

JBmurc
02-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Will for certain make it up to chch at some stage maybe mid this year as i have to honour a bet with shrewd I lost

Crypto Crude
03-01-2011, 10:32 PM
WOO HOOO,
its gona be a great meeting...
Im going to town afterwards....
so Trackers, upside, Skeet, AJ, noCash, we should show an example to these wise heads by partying twice as hard... lol... Of course the rest, and others I didnt name are welcome....

thats the story JB...just incase you are going to tell us the week you are coming...
hehehe...
Im gona be away late May, for the whole of June...
And late Feb for a few weeks...
SO any other time sounds good....
Sorry about last time...
.^sc

Oiler
04-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Hey Guys I have had a few PM's to say that our planned NWE Bash clashes with the cricket ODI in Christchurch. (I did wonder why my hotel was sold out)

Do any of you that have said you will come and those of you planning to come have any problem with moving the date to Feb.5th

If there are no objections then we will move to Saturday 5th Feb.

Serpie
04-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Waitangi Weekend!
Although it's not a long weekend (observed on the Sunday) so shouldn't clash with too much.
Will Bermuda be imposing a 15% public holiday surcharge if we go past midnight?

Oiler
04-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Serpie he will only spend it on increasing his holding in NWE :t_up:

bermuda
04-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Waitangi Weekend!
Although it's not a long weekend (observed on the Sunday) so shouldn't clash with too much.
Will Bermuda be imposing a 15% public holiday surcharge if we go past midnight?

Happy NWE year Serpie,

It looks like we have a date change to Feb 5th. There will be no surcharge as at 11 pm I will be drawing stumps. The signal ( as always at my parties ) is me moving around guests brushing my teeth.

Grab some NWE tomorrow. You will have made 20% by party time.
Cheers

KentBrockman
05-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Time to celebrate the NWE Year with a party at Bermudas place in Christchurch

Date: 29th January 2011

Put the date in your calendars and especially all our OZ Ster's.

More details to follow

Shasta can you make this a sticky please

Bermuda, will there be any VPE worshiping going on during the event?

kiwiwim
05-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Happy New Year everybody.
Have changed date in my diary to 5th February.

bermuda
05-01-2011, 11:57 AM

Kent,
Probably, but this is a NWE Year party. All Sharetrader posters welcome.
Shrewdy, please make sure the keg has an ice system.

A J
05-01-2011, 02:52 PM
5th Feb is fine. See you then.

airedale
05-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Yes, 5th Feb looks ok on my social calendar. Thanks, Bermuda.

Oiler
05-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Bermuda it looks like the consensus is we go for the 5th Feb.

OK...

STRAT the only gig you can book now is the NWE gig :cool:

Upside you can go to Wanaka but NO excuses for the 5th.

Lizard would be good to see you there as well. YOTT may come if you are coming. :D

Still working on getting Pottermore (Hot Copper) and now an ST member to come from Melbourne. (another NWE holder)

NWE could be pushing to 10cents by then given the "spud" a week later. Maybe we should call our party the "SPUD Party"

Oiler
05-01-2011, 06:43 PM

I am sure there will be a lot of worshipping of everyones favourite stocks not just NWE,VPE etal. :D

As Bermuda has said this is open to all ST posters and other interested parties.

upside_umop
05-01-2011, 06:46 PM
The rescheduled date suits me great - I'll be well and truly back from holiday and you can count me in for the 5th!

Cheers.

trackers
05-01-2011, 08:17 PM
WOO HOOO,
its gona be a great meeting...
Im going to town afterwards....
so Trackers, upside, Skeet, AJ, noCash, we should show an example to these wise heads by partying twice as hard... lol... Of course the rest, and others I didnt name are welcome....

thats the story JB...just incase you are going to tell us the week you are coming...
hehehe...
Im gona be away late May, for the whole of June...
And late Feb for a few weeks...
SO any other time sounds good....
Sorry about last time...
.^sc

Sounds good Shrewdy, looking forward to hearing how the pokers going - The dates been booked on my calendar, can't wait - Since it looks like you've got the Speights organised I'll think up something else to bring...

Argh! just noticed its changed to 5th feb, hmmm.. Can someone change the thread title?

Financially dependant
05-01-2011, 10:09 PM
I will not be able to make the 5th as I am going overseas but hope you all have fun, I will have to catch up on the 'good oil' at another Chch meeting.

STRAT
06-01-2011, 11:34 AM
STRAT the only gig you can book now is the NWE gig :cool:

. Maybe we should call our party the "SPUD Party"Im workin on it.

by the way is that an Irish joke?:ohmy:

Crypto Crude
16-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Well,
The big bash at Bermudas is quickly approaching..
Its Only a few weeks away now...

the 5th Of Jan...
Book it in...
Not to be missed...
.^sc

BRICKY
17-01-2011, 06:47 PM
5TH Feb , Sounds like a day not to be missed. I got a few NWE so I'll be there.

bermuda
25-01-2011, 12:32 PM
NWE YEAR PARTY

I am looking forward to hosting this but I need to know who's coming. I will make some badges up showing names and top three stocks.

Hopefully we can get some Aussie's over as well.

Please confirm your attendance with your call name and top 3 stocks. Ta.

ronthepom
25-01-2011, 01:21 PM
NWE YEAR PARTY

I am looking forward to hosting this but I need to know who's coming. I will make some badges up showing names and top three stocks.

Hopefully we can get some Aussie's over as well.

Please confirm your attendance with your call name and top 3 stocks. Ta.

Sounds good Bermuda im a starter on the 5th.

Ron

kiwiwim
25-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Hi Bermuda,
I'll be there
Top three stocks
BOW
NWE
VPE
Call name: KIWIWIM (Wim)

Serpie
25-01-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm there Super B

Top stocks
BUR
NWE
Nothing else that I'll admit to.

Oiler
25-01-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm there Super B

Top stocks
BUR
NWE
Nothing else that I'll admit to.

Time to do a head count for catering purposes.

Confirmed so far
BRICKY
SHREWD CRUDE
SERPIE
KIWIWIM
AJ
SKEET
UPSIDE UMOP
TRACKERS
AIREDALE

Still to confirm
STRAT
GAZPROM
ROTTWEILER

plus a couple of our OZ friends Pottermore et al

and others

Serpie
25-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Time to do head count for catering purposes.

Confirmed so far
BRICKY
SHREWD CRUDE
SERPIE
KIWIWIM
AJ
SKEET
UPSIDE UMOP
TRACKERS
AIREDALE

Still to confirm
STRAT
GAZPROM
ROTTWEILER

and others

I'll put the pressure on to Brut, Z33, and Mrs Z.

seaosh
25-01-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm back in NZ for a brief visit. Just maybe I can make it down from Auckland. Won't be able to confirm till a couple of days before though. I got a huge pile of things to do while I'm here. Would like to catch up with you all though.

bermuda
25-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Time to do head count for catering purposes.

Confirmed so far
BRICKY
SHREWD CRUDE
SERPIE
KIWIWIM
AJ
SKEET
UPSIDE UMOP
TRACKERS
AIREDALE

Still to confirm
STRAT
GAZPROM
ROTTWEILER

and others

And not frogetting Ronthepom.

A J
25-01-2011, 10:52 PM
As Oiler mentioned, I will be attending.

Call name Bermuda? You mean A J? Well, "A J" it is.

Top three stocks. NWE, BCC, OEL

Cheers
Aaron

Oiler
26-01-2011, 10:46 AM
And not frogetting Ronthepom.

ooops, sorry Ronthepom.

Hope you can make it down to Christchurch Seaosh, been quite a while

Serpie
26-01-2011, 01:22 PM
I'll put the pressure on to Brut, Z33, and Mrs Z.

No go for these three - otherwise disposed.

denpal
26-01-2011, 02:47 PM
I'll be there, top 3 are ELM, GLF, MSR plus NMG is fighting for a top 3 place also

Need to know when and where and what to bring.

airedale
26-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Top three picks......I will let you know in a few days. Right now it is a movable feast, but starvation is never far away.

Oiler
26-01-2011, 07:28 PM
I'll be there, top 3 are ELM, GLF, MSR

Need to know when and where and what to bring.

Denpal and others.

Just be there, nothing to bring. Beer, wine, food all organised.

Bermuda will give the address in due course. It is in the Puriri Ave Ilam area.

Airedale you wont starve you are to street smart for that. :D

trackers
30-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Looking forward to this, will definitely be there - "Trackers - EVG, GES, CRJ"

Thanks guys for organising everything!

bermuda
30-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Looking forward to this, will definitely be there - "Trackers - EVG, GES, CRJ"

Thanks guys for organising everything!

Just got an email from Peter Munachen wanting to know how the party went. He hadn't seen the change of date to Saturday 5th February 5.30pm. He may send some brochures. As he says...'Not long to 'D' day'. This is getting exciting.

Please note the address is
99 Puriri St
Riccarton
Christchurch

Look forward to seeing you all. No need to bring anything.

trackers
30-01-2011, 09:07 PM
That was nice of him to check in... boy NWE is doing well at the moment, in a fairly average market. The peak oil story will come back into the limelight soon (commodities booming, middle eastern worrries)

I've just sold, but will be back in after Redhill is complete (happy to pay the premium if they strike something)

airedale
30-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Bermuda, thanks for the invitation. Top 3 picks....REY+75%......VPE + 73%.....SSN +44%, with NWE not far behind.

ronthepom
31-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Top 3 picks WCL....DGR....BUL. Have to drop someone off at the airport, will be a little late but i'll be there!

Thanks B

Z33
02-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the invitation Bermuda. Won't be able to make it as off to a wedding on the 5th. Might be some time before I catch up as moving to Aus on the 28th Feb.
Have enjoyed our get-togethers in the past.

Cheers

Grant

Oiler
02-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Its time to shake ROTTY'S tree top perch up there in Nelson and see if he lands in Christchurch. :)

STRAT be there or else no NWE for you. ;)

SEAOSH this is the party of parties. This one will help you unwind from the gruelling China trip. :D

All you others out there thinking about it .......... come along. :t_up:

bermuda
02-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Its time to shake ROTTY'S tree top perch up there in Nelson and see if he lands in Christchurch. :)

STRAT be there or else no NWE for you. ;)

SEAOSH this is the party of parties. This one will help you unwind from the gruelling China trip. :D

All you others out there thinking about it .......... come along. :t_up:

Just ordered the steaks and the salads. This could be big. Shrewdy, make sure the keg is nice and cold. ( and thanks ) I have even cancelled golf in preparation for this NWE Year party.

If you are not on the list let me know tomorrow. As I said , this could be big.

gazprom1
02-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Hey Bermuda,

Thanks for the invitation. I will try and make it along but we are in the middle of harvesting (about the only thing I really have to do) so it will all depend on the weather. Don't worry about food for me. Hope we have a little shower on Daturday afternoon.

Serpie and I will be drowning our BUR losses!!!!

rotweiller
03-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Sorry Bermuda and Oiler but due to weather cons up here I am on fire standby before back into the clouds next week so need to apologise for non-attendance.
The last 'soiree' at Bermudas was outstanding and I would urge all who can to attend. Bermuda is a great host so long as you dont allow Shrewdie to lead you astray.
Have a good one,
Cheers,
John

percy
04-02-2011, 11:57 AM
bermuda,
If I have not left it too late I would like to come and meet everyone.

bermuda
04-02-2011, 06:42 PM
bermuda,
If I have not left it too late I would like to come and meet everyone.

You are welcome Percy. Let me know your top 3 stocks. See you tomorrow. Weather is looking good.

percy
04-02-2011, 07:24 PM
You are welcome Percy. Let me know your top 3 stocks. See you tomorrow. Weather is looking good.

Thank you.Is there anything I can bring.?
My 3 picks are PGCOA,SOEOA,SRZ.

bermuda
04-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Thank you.Is there anything I can bring.?
My 3 picks are PGCOA,SOEOA,SRZ.

Look forward to seeing you. No need to bring anything.

seaosh
05-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Unfortunately I can't make it down this time. Next time maybe. . .

Should Bermuda hold a similar event in future I will endeavor to bring a bottle of Bermuda's finest - Goslings rum!

Oiler
05-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Hey everyone going to the NWE bash at Bermudas place this afternoon/evening.

It is looking very unlikely that I will be able to make it down there today. New Plymouth airport is closed at the moment and they dont expect much to change in the coming couple of hours. We have a hot humid fog/drizzle layer hanging over the area at the moment. Air NZ are offering to bus people to Wellington at 12 oclock ??? Will update in a couple of hours.

skeet
05-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Lets hope things improve!!

Oiler
05-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Lets hope things improve!!

Unfortunately things havent SKEET although it did improve for a few minutes enough for a plane to head to Auckland. Airport not expected to be open until Tuesday because of this hot shsticky weather.

I am pi....d off about missing this one :( but I am sure you will all enjoy yourselves, as we know Bermuda is a very good host. Everyone have a drink to NWE for me.

Bermuda and I are going to Sydney at the end of February to the 6th Annual Oil and Gas Conference so I am sure we will have some updates after that conference to share at a future Christchurch meet. :t_up:

bermuda
05-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Unfortunately things havent SKEET although it did improve for a few minutes enough for a plane to head to Auckland. Airport not expected to be open until Tuesday because of this hot shsticky weather.

I am pi....d off about missing this one :( but I am sure you will all enjoy yourselves, as we know Bermuda is a very good host. Everyone have a drink to NWE for me.

Bermuda and I are going to Sydney at the end of February to the 6th Annual Oil and Gas Conference so I am sure we will have some updates after that conference to share at a future Christchurch meet. :t_up:

This is extremely bad news. See if you can get a later flight. Fly to Auckland and then catch one to Chch. Will arrange to meet you. You are our star guest. Oh dear. Anything from Palmerston North??

ps Have booked in at the Holiday Inn for Sydney.

A J
05-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Just heard the news from skeet, sad to hear you can't make it Graeme. I'll have a drink in your honour :)

Cheers
A J

P.S. I'm with Bermuda, if you can find a way. DO IT! Get here if you can! :)

Oiler
05-02-2011, 06:40 PM
This is extremely bad news. See if you can get a later flight. Fly to Auckland and then catch one to Chch. Will arrange to meet you. You are our star guest. Oh dear. Anything from Palmerston North??

ps Have booked in at the Holiday Inn for Sydney.

Believe me Bermuda I looked at all options !!! Many stressed out passengers at the airport.

I have no doubt you will all enjoy yourselves but I did also want to brag about my FAR, up 180% since I bought in last year. :D

We will have a drink or two in Sydney with Peter and no doubt others :t_up:

Oiler
05-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Just heard the news from skeet, sad to hear you can't make it Graeme. I'll have a drink in your honour :)

Cheers
A J

P.S. I'm with Bermuda, if you can find a way. DO IT! Get here if you can! :)

I will be down in Christchurch 17,18 and 19th Feb so we can have a catch up then.

Go BCC. It looks like AIDEA are working with BCC to make things happen. :t_up:

Crypto Crude
06-02-2011, 05:59 AM
Bermuda-great host and steak ... enlarge the barbecue and chilly bin...
airedale-wise head...The go to guy with Mineral stocks...
Percy- I will treasure that gift
Denpal- Welcoming a new face, fresh ideas...
Serpie- NWE's longest.... seems you will finally get paid off...
AJ- GGGO unforgetable... You demon....
Selina- you are right about that one
Trackers- Been around the block, knows his game... -->$$$-->trackers...
Kiwiwim- Nice shirt, I want one... good chat
Skeet-hope you's went big in town...
Oiler-waiting for a parachute to fall out of sky everytime we saw an airplane pass...
Ron- good tip off on Selinas, See you again, ok....
Upside Umop- bullet proof, big time player in making, this time he handled his piss well...
mrs Bermuda, Thanks for all of us around...
regards to regulars Financially dependant, brut...
Tony- late but not forgotten...
.^sc

percy
06-02-2011, 07:49 AM
Thank you Bermuda and Mrs Bermuda for having us to your home.A lovely setting,great steak ,beautifully cooked,a nice salad,and such a smooth red wine.! I enjoyed putting faces to names.The note book is full of "tips".!!! A most enjoyable evening.Thank you.

kiwiwim
06-02-2011, 12:01 PM
Many thanks for the excellent evening Bermuda.
Great Host, great company, great steaks and great "Brown" wine.
Many thanks also to Mrs Bermuda
Wim

skeet
06-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Bermuda thanks for the NWE info, bring on Arrowsmith!
Trackers for telling me off for averaging down lol... also telling me to invest in the Denpal Index!
SC.... you left for you godmothers daughters party..... but always good to hear your stories, good luck on the tables. Rumour had it though you turned up with luke warm beers.... lucky Andrew has big chiily bin!
BRICKY thanks for the ride afterwards
AJ still bragging on about the 290 bagger!! stuff of legends
UPSIDE UMOP as Bermuda says "your going to make billions, just make sure you give some to charity"

Pity you could make it Oiler, maybe a brew at the Holiday Inn while you are down?
Good to see everyone else aswell

airedale
06-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Excellent evening, Mr and Mrs B, thank you for your hospitality. Good discussion on various {hot ?} prospects.

denpal
06-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks to Bermuda and his wife for hosting this enjoyable evening. Nice to put faces to names too! I've got a few hot tips to check out as well!

I just hope trackers doesn't tell me one of mine has got a fatal flaw.

trackers
06-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Thanks everyone, had a great night! Cheers to Bermuda for hosting and Shrewdy for supplying the beers... good luck in your omaha hi/low travels, its a really good game and I'm sure you'll dominate. Pity Oiler couldn't make it down

had fun in town with the lads, cheers for the lift Bricky.

Spent heaps of time talking to Denpal, Percy and Airedale - Wow, so much knowledge there thanks for sharing, I appreciate it (especially Denpal!).. Feel pretty comfortable with my YTC holdings knowing Airedale likes it; CRJO's looking good with Percy onboard and NMGOA might have a new investor come Monday morning...

Good win in the sevens too, Declan O'Donnell wow!

A J
07-02-2011, 12:34 AM
Thankyou Bermuda to yourself and your wife for a great evening and the hospitality! Was great to chat to you all! :)

Sounds good Oiler, will catch up then :)

ronthepom
07-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Great to put faces to names, a great evening good company and thanks to Mr and Mrs B glad i went along.

Shrewd Crude--all the best mate do you wear shades when you play poker?

skid
26-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Does anyone know if Burmuda suffered damage? Lets hope not-thoughts are with those in Christchurch

bermuda
26-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Does anyone know if Burmuda suffered damage? Lets hope not-thoughts are with those in Christchurch

Thanks Skid,
Just a couple of cracks. We were lucky. A couple of mates had their houses munted. Just had a decent aftershock as I type this. I hope other Sharetrader posters from Canterbury are ok.

denpal
05-03-2011, 06:49 PM
All OK here in Burnside, we are the fortunate ones this side of town. What next...........