PDA

View Full Version : ZYL Limited (ZYL) - Anthracite Coal

Huang Chung
21-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Anyone remember Zylotech?

Well the old beast has reinvented itself as a coal explorer/developer, with a very interesting anthracite coal project in South Africa. Details straight from a company presentation are posted below....

About ZYL Limited
ZYL Limited is an ASX listed coal mining and development company operating in South Africa. The Company’s key project, Kangwane Anthracite, is an advanced stage high quality metallurgical coal project located in the Mpumalanga province of South Africa. The Kangwane project is well located in close proximity to all key infrastructure and coal mining support services and presents the Company with the opportunity to take advantage of both the
internal markets of South Africa and the export markets through the use of the Maputo Terminal at the Matola Port in Mozambique.

Kangwane Anthracite - Project Highlights

Potential Production within 2 years from the commencement of the BFS – 1 year BFS and 1 year construction

Existing JORC Compliant Resources of 114Mt including an export quality Measured resource of 21.4Mt determined by independent geologists

Exploration Target of 400Mt to 450Mt2 at an expected calorific value range of 6,635 kcal to 6,712 kcal

Comprehensive drilling database of 149 diamond drill holes for a total of 18,567 metres over 33km strike length

Focus on open-cut areas to the north and south

The North and South Pits will be the focus of the Company during the BFS due to the near surface nature of the coal.

Coal is known to sub-crop on the western side and has been measured to dip gently at 6o to 7o to the east

Opportunity to extend mining to an underground regime once the open-cut areas have been economically depleted

Existing box-cut on the property to facilitate the removal of a bulk sample for metallurgical testing and marketing trials

Project located approximately 100km from Maputo Port by direct rail link, with an existing rail siding on the property. Road, power and water all located nearby

Coal seam widths between 4m and 6m, dipping to the East at 6o

Highly experienced Management Team

Adjacent to operating Nkomati Anthracite coal mine

Siyanda Resources (JV / BEE partner) has extensive experience in South African coal mining, currently operating two mines and previous owners of the Koornfontein Coal Mine

A new Managing Director was brought on board at the same time the coal acquisition was entered into. Sounds like he is well qualified to lead the company in its new direction:

Dr Eric Lilford – Managing Director
Immediately prior to his appointment, Dr Lilford, PhD (Mineral Economics), NHD (Coal Mining), BSc and MSc Eng (Mining) held the positions of National Head of Mining for Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Partner of Deloitte Corporate Finance. He has over 23 years operational and investment experience across the global resources sector.
Dr Lilford has mine production experience at multi-billion dollar underground gold, platinum, copper and coal mines. Specifically Dr Lilford was Director of Project and Business Development at Beny Steinmetz Group Resources, where he managed aspects of a $500 million dollar copper-cobalt mine and refinery in Zambia producing 30,000tpa of copper and 6,500tpa of special grade cobalt metal. In addition Dr Lilford was in production as a Mine Overseer for Randcoal Limited’s Rietspruit and Khutala coal mines; he was responsible for producing over 3Mtpa of coal from three operating sections in the underground coal mine.
Dr Lilford’s experience includes the completion of both pre feasibility and bankable feasibility studies (BFS) in numerous jurisdictions including the Democratic Republic of Congo, Zambia and Macedonia. Dr Lilford jointly managed the full bankable feasibility study of the Nikanor copper and cobalt project in the DRC and was appointed Non-Executive Director of Nikanor plc, a role he relinquished on emigration to Australia.

Cash on hand is around $4m, and market cap circa $50m.

I've bought in, as I see a great deal of potential here, with a highly sought after coal type.

As well as the usual risks associated with speculative explorers, I think a couple of risks are worthy of special mention.

1. The project is in South Africa, so there may be more than an average amount of political risk.

2. The company is starting to appear on investors'/speculators' radars.....the price as really shot up in the last couple of days, and you would think there is the risk of a retracement.

So there you go....a seemingly high risk but interesting coal play, that could go places in 2011. I'm in, at an average entry of price 6.55c.

Certainly one to do some more homework on if this sort of play toots your horn.

Huang Chung
25-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Investor presentation:

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ZYL&E=ASX&N=522298

Huang Chung
01-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Closed at 8.6c yesterday. an 11.7% rise on a generally down day.

Still plenty of value in my view, but surely will have a pullback sometime soon???

http://hfgapps.hubb.com/asxtools/imageChart.axd?s=ZYL&pi=Stock&ct=3&tf=D6&ovs=XJO&si=Index&tima1=20&tima2=20&bi=9&bima=0&comt=index&ds=ZYL&dovs=XJO&val=1&stmp=20110101101425992

soulman
01-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Well done HC. The road to 10 cents and above is just around the corner.

EQX has bolted since you started the thread as well. Looks like 2010 was a real winner for you HC.

Huang Chung
02-01-2011, 01:03 AM
Well done HC. The road to 10 cents and above is just around the corner.

EQX has bolted since you started the thread as well. Looks like 2010 was a real winner for you HC.

Happy New Year Soulman

2010 was a good year...had to get one sooner or later ;-)

EQX has done far better in the short term than I ever envisaged...I could have made five times as much if I had continued to hold. But, seriously, a market cap of around $350m without a single drill hole just seems too rich for me, irrespective of the potential.

drillfix
04-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Happy Nyears HC and SM, hope you guys had a good one.

A nice start to the day on this one but seems to be fizzling.

Also any particular/personal targets on this stock and when would you think another batch of news would be due?

You seem to pick them well there HC, between EQX, PIR, RUM, you seem to be rolling along nicely :)

Huang Chung
04-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Closed at 8.6c yesterday. an 11.7% rise on a generally down day.

Still plenty of value in my view, but surely will have a pullback sometime soon???

Drilly, you're the technician, but to me it looked like one of those classic intra-day overbought situations, where the shareprice does a u-turn and heads down. I would have thought the pullback might extend for a few days, but it looks like the buyers were back by the close.

soulman
04-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Yes, Happy New Year Drilly and HC. Does look overbought so caution needed.

drillfix
05-01-2011, 03:42 AM
Cheers fella's, I bought in with a small parcel near the low and then took it off the table a couple of hours later as I couldn't see a sudden push coming by days end.

yeah looking overbought and needs to take a breather, but there seems to be many stocks taking 1 or 2 days and then its back on regardless of technicals.

I find TA doesn't often work the best with penny stocks, though it can give you an idea of what part of the technical phase its in which is only a type of approximation only. Then news, gossip or sector action occurs and then its game on again regardless.

May grab another small parcel pending which way the river flows short term.

soulman
06-01-2011, 12:24 AM
I luckily had an order in last night for 8.4 for a 0.2 cents lost. Saw the burst of sellers coming in yesterday and I guess it continue today. Oh well, you can't win them all.

Huang Chung
06-01-2011, 12:39 AM
I was tempted to top up today, but held fire.

As per Tricha's dead cat bounce thread, I'm lightening up overall, so I want a real bargain before I add to my position.

drillfix
06-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Was also temped to buy a few today again, however the Technicals keep saying, NO, NO, not yet, still a little way to fall if you ask me.

Each to their own though, and some FA on the timing of ann's or whatever would come in handy should one choose to enter on those incentives.

Huang Chung
06-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Pulled the trigger and topper up at 7.0c today Drilly.

drillfix
07-01-2011, 01:49 AM
Good stuff though HC.

Was tempted too there HC. But to me the chart in the meantime keeps saying just wait a while longer but getting close.

Expecting updates on this one soon at all?

h2so4
07-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Feels good Drilly, I'll wait for your signal mate.

Phaedrus
07-01-2011, 10:47 AM
I find TA doesn't often work the best with penny stocksIt is odd that you state that again Drillfix - especially on this thread because ZYL provides us with yet another textbook example of TA working superbly on a penny stock.

The isolated volume spike at point (1) provided the "heads up" that put ZYL on the radar. The RVI was still falling and there were no other confirmatory signals so it was not yet a Buy.

At point (2) multiple Buy signals were triggered. Note especially the high and rising volumes (blue arrows).

By point (3), all indicators shown here had triggered clear Buy signals as ZYL broke above the previous resistance level of 2.8 cents - something that conservative investors would have been waiting for.

At point (4) we see that after the previous resistance at 2.8 cents had been broken, it now became support. Classical TA. This, then, was "top-up time" and several indicators gave repeat Buy signals (green arrows) in confirmation.

The steep uptrend resumed. For trend-followers, there have been no subsequent sell signals and none are imminent.

(The colour of the price plot is controlled by my Market Strength Indicator. Red, stay out. Light green, get in. Dark green, stay in. Neat eh?)

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/ZYL17.gif

I bought in with a small parcel near the low and then took it off the table a couple of hours later This comment tells us quite a lot about you and your methods, Drillfix. Firstly, it is painfully obvious that you are not using any TA at all - you were buying as multiple SELL signals were firing. Secondly, by selling shortly after buying, you are showing marked indecision. My guess is that the root cause of this is the fact that you have no written trading plan, no system.

I would like to stress that this short-term chart uses only the default, standard periods for all the indicators.

Drilly, your experience that "TA doesn't often work the best with penny stocks" is clearly based on ignorance. Learn how to use it before you judge, and in the meantime for God's sake stop your wildly overactive trading - at least until you have a working knowledge of candlestick patterns.

May grab another small parcel pending which way the river flows short term.There is little doubt which way the short-term river is flowing!

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/ZYL17cs.gif

drillfix
07-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Yeah Yeah, anything you say phaedrus

How about I just say, Everything works with TA because Phaedrus says so.

And he is the final word on authority about everything, not just TA, but Life and the Universe itself.

Mate how about take a long frigging walk beneath the ocean and while your there try pissing on somebody else.

drillfix
07-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Feels good Drilly, I'll wait for your signal mate.

H2, dont wait for my signal as Phaedrus does not approve as he is the God of TA, and who is also the time baron of 1, 3, 5, 15, 60 minute charts who governs all and everybody's decisions.

rev
07-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Drill, please don't turn 'another' thread into a slag-match.

drillfix
07-01-2011, 12:20 PM
It is odd that you state that again Drillfix - especially on this thread because ZYL provides us with yet another textbook example of TA working superbly on a penny stock.

You just dont like people to challenge you P do you. You take my wording out of context, YET AGAIN.

This comment tells us quite a lot about you and your methods, Drillfix.

You know nothing about me P, but your continual Lectures tell us much about you.

Drilly, your experience that "TA doesn't often work the best with penny stocks" is clearly based on ignorance.

Its like your Defending TA. TA is not a country, or something to have honour about that needs defending.

Learn how to use it before you judge, and in the meantime for God's sake stop your wildly overactive trading -

How about, let people do whatever pleases them. Be it wild or not wild, the trade I made I profited on, be it small, but I understood the risk.

at least until you have a working knowledge of candlestick patterns.

Now now P, get fricking real here please and if you wish to insult people, then you better start being careful as I have had a gut full.

How about you start to cough up for some realtime data and shows us some range bars or minute charts, or even 5 minute charts?

At least I had the courteousy to post them for others previously a while back.

-----

You know, your lectures may actually be helpful for many out there P, (yes honestly I mean that), but you continually take me out of context and only attempt to use me as an example, Why is this?

-----

Rev, why is it that there are always 2 sets of rules for different types of folks here on ST?

You say nothing about Mr. P's nice way of belittling somebody, yet I say a couple of One Liners which I feel is also true and you Yarn at me.

Perhaps I should just leave, or not bother posting any more, about any thing, or any stock, I guess this will keep you lot happy hey.

rev
07-01-2011, 12:31 PM
I mentioned your name Drill because you're the common denominator when threads go sour, that's all.

h2so4
07-01-2011, 12:36 PM
H2, dont wait for my signal as Phaedrus does not approve as he is the God of TA, and who is also the time baron of 1, 3, 5, 15, 60 minute charts who governs all and everybody's decisions.

OK Drill thank you anyway.:)

drillfix
07-01-2011, 12:45 PM
I mentioned your name Drill because you're the common denominator when threads go sour, that's all.

common denominator when threads go sour?

Rev, if that's your observation why do you only observe that it it always my fault? and never anybody elses.

If you are referring to the URA thread then yes I am part of it, but I do not seek to make it that way.

Try passing the buck a bit further and look beyond me, for gods sake.

drillfix
07-01-2011, 12:46 PM
OK Drill thank you anyway.:)

No worries H2, and I apologise for such a bleak response when you deserve better. Sorry again!

Aotea
07-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Drill, please don't turn 'another' thread into a slag-match.

Fair call Rev,
Im just getting interesting in this stock, and I hold URA.
I dont even waste my time reading the URA thread because everyone is b*tching like a cut pig..

Please only post something productive, or just stick to the reading...

h2so4
07-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Please only post something productive, or just stick to the reading...

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

drillfix
07-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Aotea, you call "Missing the Point" a fair call.

But yes your right though, how about somebody post something useful on this stock rather than participating in a Kick the drillguy after he already has been P wacked.

drillfix
07-01-2011, 02:49 PM
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/ZYL17.gif

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/ZYL17cs.gif

Well superman, where are all your 1, 3, 5 minute charts or Hourly for that matter? So we can watch this river flow ehhh!

Or have you forgot to tell folks that they can also use them to make a quick buck if they are fast enough.

You see, some of us who use alternative charts, regardless of what the daily says, you can see the which way the river flows be it even it it is for only 15 minutes or 1 minute.

I will say though, I always like your charts Phaedrus, they are informative, educational and very appreciated. (true)

But when you use your charts to Be-Little others in the way you do and only to set yourself up like some God, then dont be surprised at what type of backlash you may face.

Meaning, both you and I know your investment style and rules is for you, and maybe others who share your style, and my style(s) that can and do randomly change suits me as well, and I will not be Mocked by it.

You talk about candles like you wrote the book on them, well I promise I wont tell Steve Nison.

I like to hear threads about Price action whereby there are NO indicators or maybe 1 or perhaps maybe 2.

Can you give me some advice on this please or others who also enjoy trading price action?

I believe you could give an awesome Seminar/Webinar for you style of trading if you chose to Phaedrus, but to stay invisible on a Forum like this and hammer down on people because you take every single little word so literally is something needs its own attention IMO.

No wonder AA has split from this forum, he was another cool dude who could not post anything without being wrong all the time due to the Technical Analysis Police.

And so folks, know, this is not an arguement, there is good material here to learn should you choose to or read through the so called rubbish. But thats the problem with Forums or most users these days, all folks see to want is just want a Confidence Building Tip that they can make their Punt on and as soon as you rock their boat in anyway, it becomes rubbish.

drillfix
07-01-2011, 03:09 PM
From my angle, the river flows both ways at various times on Any Day so it really doesn't matter to me.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2h87scl.png

We all dont use the same time frames for all trades, or have the same trading plan so what difference does it make.

Enjoy the chart anyway.

Huang Chung
07-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Looks like I missed an interesting day :scared:.

Last thing I would want to see happen is for someone to get the sheets and leave the forum.

As far as I'm concerned, everyone's got something to offer, no matter how big or small.

PS....lucked it in with that 7.0c pick up yesterday :D.

STRAT
09-01-2011, 12:27 PM
The colour of the price plot is controlled by my Market Strength Indicator. Red, stay out. Light green, get in. Dark green, stay in. Neat eh?

Hi P
That is neat.
Short term its is a sell but if Id been in from the begining ( around 2.0 to 2.5 ) I may have stuck with it for a while yet.

Id love to see where the MSI triggers a sell if it continues to retrace.

Phaedrus
09-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Short term it is a sell but if I'd been in from the beginning (around 2.0 to 2.5) I may have stuck with it for a while yet.Fair enough too - none of the 3 "longterm" indicators at the top of the chart are anywhere near triggering sell signals.

Huang Chung
14-01-2011, 01:27 PM
On their way back up.

Definitely one to watch me thinks.....

Huang Chung
21-01-2011, 09:21 PM
A very exciting day.

Drifted early, then hit with a big sell order that drove the share price down to 8c. I had a bid in from yesterday at 8.2c, which, of course, got hit. Slowly started to climb back up when some big buying came in driving the price higher to close at 9.4c.

Quite a ride, and certainly glad my order got filled.

drillfix
22-01-2011, 04:12 AM
HC, you will be in the top 20 of this co pretty soon the way you keep these orders flowing :P

Funny day today all round but this held up quite nicely after the initial slump.

Does pattersons have a foot in the door on this one too would you know? They seem to have a foot in many companies, but wonder if this too?

Huang Chung
22-01-2011, 12:01 PM
HC, you will be in the top 20 of this co pretty soon the way you keep these orders flowing :P

Funny day today all round but this held up quite nicely after the initial slump.

Does pattersons have a foot in the door on this one too would you know? They seem to have a foot in many companies, but wonder if this too?

No idea about Pattersons Drilly, but my broker is all over them like a rash...he just loved the story. He did tell me there is one broker he knows of who has a good few clients in it as well, most of which will likely be 'sticky'. Can't remember which broker it was though, but Pattersons doesn't ring a bell.

drillfix
24-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Cheers HC~!

Well , today the party has started for you (again) HC. Seems like a new support around the 10c level.

Is this a long term play for you?

Huang Chung
24-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Cheers HC~!

Well , today the party has started for you (again) HC. Seems like a new support around the 10c level.

Is this a long term play for you?

Another very entertaining day Drilly. When I spoke to my broker early in the afternoon, he indicated that he'd only picked up about a million shares today, so it certainly wasn't him doing the majority of the buying. With over 23 million shares changing hands today, there seems to be someone out there who wants to build a stake.

drillfix
25-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Yes indeed HC somebody accumulating, but while that is happening, there are profit takers sitting up there which looks like a blockade up there at 10.5-12c.

Put in an order but probably too low so not quite ready to cough up, just yet. :P

Good stuff though HC~!

Huang Chung
25-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Yes indeed HC somebody accumulating, but while that is happening, there are profit takers sitting up there which looks like a blockade up there at 10.5-12c.

Put in an order but probably too low so not quite ready to cough up, just yet. :P

Good stuff though HC~!

In a rush of blood, I bought a heap the other day at 10c. Not looking like such a good move right now.

Managed to pick up a small amount at 9.4c this afternoon.

ZYL is now my biggest holding by some margin.

Huang Chung
04-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Well, after a short period of digestion, ZYL seems to have resumed its upward direction, finishing the week at 10.5c.

soulman
04-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Yep, lets hope it can make some inroads into the teens next week HC.

A lot went through 10.5 early in the morning and it closed at that price. Looks good but there are sellers out there. Just need 20 mil shares to go through Monday next week and it will be a positive.

drillfix
04-02-2011, 10:10 PM
I agree sm, though there seems to be some consistent profit takers or someone putting a cap on this to get to 11c.

Any more news expected on this one HC or are anticipating any info from the co?

evilroyrule
09-02-2011, 02:40 PM
looks primed to go now i reckon. dont think they can keep it under 12 for much longer. be interesting to see what happens when they let it go.

Huang Chung
09-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Seems to have established itself above 10c.

Half cent increments now :cool:.

Huang Chung
09-02-2011, 08:44 PM
12 to 12.5 now Roy :t_up:

evilroyrule
09-02-2011, 10:37 PM
12 to 12.5 now Roy :t_up:

yep i followed you in at slightly more, av 10.5. high grades perked my interest. have another order in at 12. someone building their stake still me thinks. t/o target this early???

evilroyrule
10-02-2011, 11:05 AM
huang, who is this andrew king ceasing to be substantial holder. hopefully not your broker!!!!!!!! i have pulled my buy order till i get to bottom of.

evilroyrule
10-02-2011, 01:27 PM
yep i followed you in at slightly more, av 10.5. high grades perked my interest. have another order in at 12. someone building their stake still me thinks. t/o target this early???

cheers HC. nxt stop 15c.

evilroyrule
11-02-2011, 11:00 AM
maybe i was a day early. going to give 15 a serious nudge today. 50% in a week ok HC?>

soulman
12-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Well, I was lucky (so far) to sold at 15 cents. 50 percent in a week very sweet. Bought in at 9.4 and 10. Nearly got another at 11 early this week. Have switch the funds into MOX .

Huang Chung
12-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Yeah, a nice profit for you Soulman.

I'm not planning to sell anytime soon.

Huang Chung
02-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Latest investor presentation.

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ZYL&E=ASX&N=531341

Everything seems to be moving ahead nicely.

evilroyrule
08-03-2011, 12:04 PM
hc, were you expecting trading halt? im just trolling through previous announcements to see what may relate to

soulman
08-03-2011, 05:07 PM
It is a capital raising. The CR was flagged in their 22nd Feb announcement (last paragraph).

ZYL Exercises Call Option to Acquire Exsteen Pty Ltd

As part of this process the Company will, subject to shareholder approval, issue a Prospectus to
undertake a capital raising of a sufficient size to enable the Company to achieve its corporate
objectives. Further details of the re-compliance, including anticipated timing and shareholder
approval will be announced in due course.

Huang Chung
08-03-2011, 09:02 PM
All part of the script from what I can see.

evilroyrule
16-04-2011, 09:53 AM
bit confused here. initially thought it was option to purchase at 20c, but is it in fact just a 2 for consolidation, with new listing price 20c? hc, any idea.

feel slightly ripped since i been adding more at 11c. interested to know the raitonale before consolidations such as these. what is the aim, apart from reducing the shares on offer/being traded????:mellow:

Huang Chung
16-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Roy...was a bit confused myself about this raising, but, you're right, it's post consolidation.

Moreover, I'm now pretty sure it's the prospectus linked to the Institutional Placement advised to the ASX on 16 March (but reframed to be 150,000,000 shares at 20c rather than 300,000,000 at 10c (I tracked the issued capital, including the Appendiz 3B option conversions).

I was initially thinking this prospectus was ON TOP of the $30,000,000 raised via the March 16 announcement, but am now sure that it's all one and the same.

So, in summary, yesterday's announcement is not anything new.

I've also picked up a few at 11c recently, but don't think 10c or 11c is going to be a big issue one things get rolling.

evilroyrule
16-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Roy...was a bit confused myself about this raising, but, you're right, it's post consolidation.

Moreover, I'm now pretty sure it's the prospectus linked to the Institutional Placement advised to the ASX on 16 March (but reframed to be 150,000,000 shares at 20c rather than 300,000,000 at 10c (I tracked the issued capital, including the Appendiz 3B option conversions).

I was initially thinking this prospectus was ON TOP of the $30,000,000 raised via the March 16 announcement, but am now sure that it's all one and the same.

So, in summary, yesterday's announcement is not anything new.

I've also picked up a few at 11c recently, but don't think 10c or 11c is going to be a big issue one things get rolling.

thanks WC. didnt think it cld be somethng new given the after hours release, but you never knw. thanks for clearing that up

Huang Chung
16-04-2011, 06:32 PM
thanks WC. didnt think it cld be somethng new given the after hours release, but you never knw. thanks for clearing that up

Let's hope I'm right.

Also, I think we are now in a trading halt/suspension until 9 May, with the shareholder meeting on Monday.

soulman
15-07-2011, 03:00 AM
Looks like this baby is coming on next Monday. It's been a while and interesting to see how it will come out. Last capital raising at 10 cents and reconstructed to 20 cents. Who's still in?

Huang Chung
15-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Looks like this baby is coming on next Monday. It's been a while and interesting to see how it will come out. Last capital raising at 10 cents and reconstructed to 20 cents. Who's still in?

Still here Soulman. I'm expecting some buying opportunities to present themselves early next week, as the pre-suspension share price adjusts to current market conditions, and through likely pent up selling pressure.

I'm just going to ride my position and not dicky around with any short term trading.

soulman
16-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Yep, I feel there will be selling pressure but that's just a feel. It will be well supported once the weeks end. Good luck.

I am looking to buy some MTE next week.

Huang Chung
16-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Yep, I feel there will be selling pressure but that's just a feel. It will be well supported once the weeks end. Good luck.

I am looking to buy some MTE next week.

MTE, MLM, probably doesn't really matter which. Sounds like a good move to me.

evilroyrule
18-07-2011, 03:05 PM
i doubled up this morning at 20.5. cld have done better but expecting a new ann. following re listing. dont expect to have t pay for these. im rooted if i do!

evilroyrule
18-07-2011, 04:45 PM
i doubled up this morning at 20.5. cld have done better but expecting a new ann. following re listing. dont expect to have t pay for these. im rooted if i do!

not looking like one of the better moves of this year! never mind.:(

37degrees
18-07-2011, 07:51 PM
not looking like one of the better moves of this year! never mind.:(

I wouldn't worry too much.
I've been in and out of this one a couple of times.
There's a lot to like about it and I imagine most of the selling pressure today has been from frustrated holders who got caught out in a very long TH.

Huang Chung
18-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Dr Eric Lilford BRR interview.

http://www.brr.com.au/event/82289/dr-eric-lilford-managing-director

Worth a listen.

Not surprisingly, current market conditions and pent up selling pressure took us down from pre-suspension levels (after accounting for the 2 for 1 consolidation).

Take it for what you want, but Pattersons currently have a 60c target on ZYL.

37degrees
21-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Kind of wishing I'd followed my own advice on this and bought the bounce.
Strong day yesterday and still a bit of buying volume left by the looks of it.

evilroyrule
21-07-2011, 12:34 PM
feeling better about 20.5 today! dont worry 37 farenheit, you can retire shortly on the strength of ndlo alone. giddy up toot toot

Huang Chung
27-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Trading halt until Friday so ZYL can announce a "significant acquisition".

Huang Chung
28-07-2011, 07:40 PM
BRR interview with Dr Eric Lilford...acquisition of Southern Anthracite Project

http://www.brr.com.au/event/82750/dr-eric-lilford-managing-director

Nice to hear that the railway runs parellel to both the new Southern Anthracite Project, and the main Kangwane Anthracite Project 25km to the north.

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ZYL&E=ASX&N=550625

Huang Chung
28-07-2011, 08:27 PM
In addition to the above, ZYL have released the Pattersons report dated 18 July with a price target of 60c.

Of course, this was pre the announcement today of the acquisition of a complementary anthracite project.

http://www.zyllimited.com.au/images/stories/ZYL_Initiation_110718.pdf

crooky
12-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Finally got in the other day at 16,

would have thought ZYL would have moved back to the twenties this week , still some nervous people I guess.

Huang Chung
13-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Nice price crooky!

I've topped up, but jumped too early, so paid a little higher.

Market is ignoring the good news flow at the moment. If we get a steadier market, I think will see more buyers emerging.

Huang Chung
02-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Looks like some interest is coming back into ZYL. 19c has been its best close in a while.

drillfix
02-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Yes indeed HC. I sold out a bit early but a little concerned over global issues still so will consider a re-entry pending on climate.

Hope all your other stocks are holding up well for you.

biology12
03-09-2011, 06:47 PM
hey guys,

im still holding was liking the solid 11% rise today, heres hoping it can kick over the 20c barrier next week.

drill, you still mulling over europe and us?

drillfix
04-09-2011, 09:18 PM
drill, you still mulling over europe and us?

Mulling?

I am being defensive towards my trading if thats what you want to know, I dont believe EU and US are a rose picture therefore no champagne corks popping in my camp at present.

Good luck with the trade, Bio~!

Huang Chung
08-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Excellent BRR interview with Dr Eric Lilford.

http://www.brr.com.au/event/86437/eric-lilford-managing-director

crooky
08-09-2011, 11:54 PM
Moving forward Huang , quite happy to hold .

biology12
10-09-2011, 05:16 PM
still holding as well, nearly held at 20c on thurs!

any idea when it starts to deliever coal next year no doubt?

Huang Chung
10-09-2011, 05:21 PM
I think it will be very late 2012, early 2013. I've got a partially filled buy order at 18.5c at the moment.

drillfix
10-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Good stuff there HC.

I had an order that got missed a couple days ago at 18.5c, but since pulled the pin on doing any trades.

Could be a scary week coming up but ZYL seems to hold good ground nonetheless.

biology12
19-09-2011, 10:21 PM
hey guys,
not shore if you saw that zyl had a trading halt on it today, been reading around some other forums, could this be a buy out or nah?any other ideas?

what would happen if it was a buyout?

trackers
20-09-2011, 08:29 AM
hey guys,
not shore if you saw that zyl had a trading halt on it today, been reading around some other forums, could this be a buy out or nah?any other ideas?

what would happen if it was a buyout?

Hi biology, the original request for trading halt from company (second page of release) states thats its for an announcement by the Company in relation to significant acquisition

drillfix
20-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Dont know why they called a TH for that, as they now have acquired 44% of another project near by in their neck of the woods.

Would have been much more sweeter if it was 100% as that usually means "pay more later or dilution later" again.

Huang Chung
20-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Greetings from Southampton.

Eric is building this company beautifully!

We are still under 10c, pre-consolidation.....quite amazing.

Don't be surprised to see this one explode one of these days.

drillfix
20-09-2011, 06:18 PM
HC are you over there in the UK??? (thats the only Southhampton I know of).

If so, enjoy the holiday or trip mate, if not then, still enjoy :P

These are testing markets HC, it seems there are many stocks with good news that are finding it hard to get any Traction in this climate, with the exception of a few goldies or blue chips.

Huang Chung
20-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Yep, Southampton in the UK. Boarding this morning for a Med cruise. Should be a lot of fun. Internet on ships is charged at a killer rate, so I might be a bit quiet here for a couple of weeks.

Let's hope the markets are a bit better by the time I get back to the real world.

Huang Chung
20-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Yep, Southampton in the UK. Boarding this morning for a Med cruise. Should be a lot of fun. Internet on ships is charged at a killer rate, so I might be a bit quiet here for a couple of weeks.

Let's hope the markets are a bit better by the time I get back to the real world.

In the departure hall now. Average age of the passengers I've seen so far is somewhere between 100 and dead......

drillfix
20-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Yikes HC, Have you ever saw that movie called Ghost Ship? :P

But then you can reminisce for a week or so with many about the early days of stock market crashes :)

Huang Chung
21-09-2011, 01:52 AM
Drilly, this lot would remember the great depression....

drillfix
21-09-2011, 02:57 AM
LOL HC,

How long does your cruise last for mate?

Hope you can afford the broadband whilst on the boat. Ask them for some Bulk Gigabytes so you can be kept logged on, or ask to speak to the IT guys on the boat and tell them you will give them a couple of tips :)

Huang Chung
21-09-2011, 04:08 AM
14days Drilly, followed by a few days in London.

Huang Chung
19-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Sell-side bot operating at the moment. Was feeding me stock at 16c today.

Huang Chung
18-11-2011, 11:37 PM
This interview with ZYL MD Dr Eric Lilford is a couple of months old now, but I only stumbled upon it tonight. Since the interview, ZYL have picked up the Mbila Anthracite Project.

http://www.google.com.au/url?q=http://media.theage.com.au/business/ceo-interviews/zyl-limited-focused-on-high-quality-metallurgical-coal-2531144.html&sa=U&ei=mzTGTpivBoOsiAf-2u3dDw&ved=0CCYQtwIwCDgK&usg=AFQjCNFSOjPHPQ3O2KwF2U5HMyVAaqoXUg

soulman
25-11-2011, 04:57 PM
All the South African coal explorer struggling in the current market. We got ZYL, RES and CCC all getting caned in the past month. XCD is the only one holding strong with their negative EV.

I only hold XCD. You still with ZYL HC?

drillfix
25-11-2011, 06:14 PM
I have kept an eye on both and a order for ZYL never got hit at 10.5c although came close.

Was going to jump in XCD as well, as there are not too many shares on issue there, though a slow mover, but when it does, it does and then stays there for what feels like ages without any trades also.

Did you grab those at 12c previous soulman, before the small move upward?

soulman
25-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Well, I was lucky (so far) to sold at 15 cents. 50 percent in a week very sweet. Bought in at 9.4 and 10. Nearly got another at 11 early this week. Have switch the funds into MOX .

Yes Drill. That was before the 2 for 1 re-construction. Hence I sold on the equal basis at 30 cents a piece. Happy days back then. Never got back into ZYL and that is the most important factor. I see more value in RES but with a massive CAPEX to get the project started, I almost got out of jail in RES selling at 88 cents and importantly, never got back in. Just a reflection of some of my best play this year. I will start this thread today.

Huang Chung
25-11-2011, 09:01 PM
I've been a buyer this week, at both 12c and 11c. Now my most substantial holding by a large margin.

soulman
26-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Fair enough HC. I just don't see the value in ZYL. Then again, the market is looking so uncertain these days.

Huang Chung
26-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Others obviously agree with you Soulman.

On paper, it's been a big loss for me so far, but I remain convinced this will be a great holding once the market turns.

Aotea
14-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Expressions of Interest in a partnership or outright purchase of ZYL...Sp boosting this morning as a result!

Very nice to see...should be an interesting time for existing holders who bought in cheap.

Huang Chung
14-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Couldn't be happier. Could get interesting if the suitor goes hostile.

Despite this morning. 's rise, it's still VERY cheap in my humble opinion.

drillfix
14-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Good to see things moving back towards your favour there HC.

Had been kinda declined to take a parcel earlier on as technically the stock looked stuffed even though they had pumped out resource upgrades and drilling programs.

It is also good to see some momentum back in the stock also. Will watch for any potential brakes as well.

Aotea
14-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Couldn't be happier. Could get interesting if the suitor goes hostile.

Despite this morning. 's rise, it's still VERY cheap in my humble opinion.

HC, anything under 50c is good value I suspect...should be an interesting few months!

Huang Chung
16-12-2011, 11:08 PM
HC, anything under 50c is good value I suspect...should be an interesting few months!

Well, today was interesting enough...up 4c to 19c.

soulman
17-12-2011, 12:42 AM
Looks like Macquarie ignite the fire in ZYL HC. The power of financial engineering. Just hope they can do the same with NSE.

Huang Chung
17-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Looks like Macquarie ignite the fire in ZYL HC. The power of financial engineering. Just hope they can do the same with NSE.

Don't think it has anything to do with Macquarie Soulman.

soulman
17-12-2011, 01:05 AM
Maybe not HC but Mac Bank usually have the midas touch of the WB effect. A bit of exposure and positive reco from MQG will get the ZYL story out to ordinary investors/punters.

Aotea
19-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Great to see the T+3 traders bail out today and the SP fall..am planning on taking on a larger holding tomorrow so thanks daytraders!!
Anything under 50c is a good buy based solely on the in-ground value..

drillfix
19-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Aotea, usually the T+3 traders get in on monday or tues and exit on Thurs or Friday depending.

Not sure if it was those particular trades as such but more rather, profit takers just taking some off the table creating some weakness in the stock.

IMO, one sign to look for was the Volume being close to 5 Million being traded today, and also other stock in the sector also got sold off, as has other small stocks in other sectors as well.

Just another way to view things I guess.

Aotea
19-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Drilly, your probably right there and I see the ASX was down...either way am happy to extend my holding tomorrow!
The medium to long term looks pretty rosey for ZYL. Have picked them in the 2012 comp so here is hoping. Anything will be better than this years!

drillfix
20-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Good luck with this one Aotea.

In some ways I thought about kicking myself because I actually had the buy button set and triggered when it was down at 11c to have a Short - Med term parcel thinking that it was coming close to time that a move would be on the cards.

As many times I tend to get distracted with following some other stocks running, I forgot all about it and then one day off it goes, but had ample opportunity to jump in as it was a gradual rise up which is actually good for the stock rather than spike up to price.

Hope the comp also treats you well~!

Huang Chung
20-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Drilly...are you trying to watch too many stocks at once? Do your systems give you an automatic alert if a stock jumps out of the blocks?

drillfix
20-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Hi HC,

Yep, the IB platform does that if I choose.

I used to use it frequently but on some days it became like a pinball machine rattling on all day at times and then became a bigger distraction than nice feature.

One day I will find the balance with the use of Alerts and go back to using them conservatively but effectively, as that is what it ideally is for, but in the meantime I had just chosen to switch them off.

Had also armed my keyboard for hot keys so I could buy or sell on a certain key stroke. This too proved to be a concern after having done quite a few accidental entries on stocks that I never even wanted as I thought I had another stock selected so it takes a while, and a style to trade with once you go down that road, but again very effective for scalping with set position sizes for getting In and Out real quick.

I may go back and do this again, but first need to learn a few other things as the IB platform is like a battleship with zillions of preferences choices to configure parameters to all these actions.

Huang Chung
20-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Geez Drilly, hot keys!

I 'm glad you don't have your finger on the nuclear trigger.

drillfix
21-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Ahhh HC, its not all that bad, I only nuke CEO's that Lie, cheat and need their heads cut off not anybody else.

But then most of the ASX then would be Board-less......haahaa~!

Aotea
21-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Drilly, now that I know that may I introduce you to an old mate Kate Hobbs from URA?

drillfix
21-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Drilly, now that I know that may I introduce you to an old mate Kate Hobbs from URA?

No need for introduction on that basket case of a woman there Aotea.

Its bad enough URA changed it code to KAB put on another shonkey board whom are now spinning the stuff Kate told them to spin, as in. Hey guys, jump on board this company and just tell shareholders you have a mining deal with NO JORC and then draw a cool (huge) wage or salary out it for doing nothing. And if any questions come, just make updates by the quarter so you can tell them 6 months time this, 4 months time that, then This is Delayed, then That is delayed. Ahh well, another couple of years goes by and shareholders come and go and only a few hanging in for the Carrot Payday that may or may not happen.

All we need is Scorp to turn up on this site to create a KAB thread, then its game on again so no doubt he wont as he knows he cannot win a debate here, albeit a new company new but its still the same flees on the same dog with a new carrot.

Dont want to go on too much in this thread about that as its not fair to the thread but it goes to show we all have to watch out and I suggest any further talk of KAB or URA go into the dog house thread called URA or KAB...lol

Oh and Kudos to poor Zed for having to take on Scorp and all the Hi5 club on HotRamper.

I have given numerous thumbs up to Zed and gang for keeping the rampers straight and down thumbing any Hi Five gang

Suggest when visiting there you or any burnt Ex holders do the same, as Kate Hobbs and the new co are nothing short of legal criminals operating as business people.

Huang Chung
31-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Lots been happening with ZYL in the last quarter. Looks like a few companies, including at least one major, want to be ZYL's dance partner. I like the competitive tension that seems to be building.

I reckon where at the stage where a deal of some description will be done.

Also, I don't know how they did it, but they're going to be presenting at Indaba next Tuesday Quite a coup for a small Aussie company at one of the world's premier mining conferences :D.

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ZYL&E=ASX&N=576182

http://www.miningindaba.com/

Huang Chung
06-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Now 6 Expressions of Interest for offtake, and Indaba hasn't even started yet!

Todays trading is quiet, but there is plenty of support, and sellers are holding tight.

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ZYL&E=ASX&N=576916

Huang Chung
28-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Looking waaay too cheap in my view. Company continues to kick goals, yet it's priced as if management hasn't progressed anything in the last 12 months.

BFS can't be too far off, and I reckon we'll re-rate on the back of that.

Huang Chung
28-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Looking waaay too cheap in my view. Company continues to kick goals, yet it's priced as if management hasn't progressed anything in the last 12 months.

BFS can't be too far off, and I reckon we'll re-rate on the back of that.

drillfix
28-02-2012, 05:40 PM
I was wondering when you would be posting next HC, as I can see the sp on this one has languished.

To me, it seems the markets are a tad nervous or cautious at present, and even though some thing look like a giver, the markets dont care and ignore many pearls out there.

Any more updates on other companies taking a stake expected in the near future? as that seemed to spice things up for ZYL.

Huang Chung
29-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Regained a bit of traction today Drilly.

drillfix
29-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Regained a bit of traction today Drilly.

Yes indeed HC, coming near time for an up leg me reckons.

Price punched through the 13ema and daily indicators are starting to adjust, though the 60 min chart looks a bit mashed and could do with some convincing with the likes of a breakout for all the ducks to line up.

drillfix
01-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Not a bad day for ZYL there HC.

Up 6.67% on what is a pretty less than average asx day.

Hopefully the technicals will see this drive upward to test the previous highs, though a little sad I missed today's bit of action but ahh well, cant be ever where at once.

Huang Chung
01-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Not a bad day for ZYL there HC.

Up 6.67% on what is a pretty less than average asx day.

Hopefully the technicals will see this drive upward to test the previous highs, though a little sad I missed today's bit of action but ahh well, cant be ever where at once.

So true Drilly, you can't be everywhere at once.

We know info (including the BFS) can't be too far away, and today's buying, given it was a down day for the market, had a real sense of purpose about it......

Huang Chung
12-03-2012, 11:08 AM
This is starting to look seriously good.....

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01277640

p0ssy
13-03-2012, 01:30 AM
yes they are looking great. But there seems to be a bit of ..umm... "suppression" of the price around 23c for some time now. I have nearly 100,000 of these and will keep accumulating at this price. For me are the next big one. They remind me of Riversdale - I bought those for 50c in 2005 and sold for $11 in 2008/9. Let's see how this one pans out, i suspect it will be taken over before that SP is reached.

Huang Chung
21-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Well, corporately, this are looking terrific. Check out the announcement below regarding funding for the development of Mbila.....not bad in this credit constrained world.

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ZYL&E=ASX&N=584980

As far as the share price goes, the less said, the better.......a real disconnect between the fundamental story and the market right now (and most certainly not limited to ZYL by any stretch of the imagination).

trackers
23-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the heads up HC, its a pretty compelling story... Demand > Supply for anthracite, really nice margins, and numerous EOI's for funding near-term production.... I'm in

Huang Chung
23-04-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm now almost 100 percent ZYL. I 've only gone out on a limb like this once before with Papillon, and that worked out very nicely indeed (but I sold too soon unfortunately). Hoping to strike it lucky for a second time with ZYL.

trackers
23-04-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm now almost 100 percent ZYL. I 've only gone out on a limb like this once before with Papillon, and that worked out very nicely indeed (but I sold too soon unfortunately). Hoping to strike it lucky for a second time with ZYL.

I bought PIR when it started crashing, sensing a bargain, then it crashed 30% more and I sold out for a big loss.. .Has gone up about 500% since then I think :)

With so many companies lining up for an offtake agreement with ZYL it will be interesting to see how favorable the terms are, and how CAPEX ends up getting funded

p0ssy
24-04-2012, 02:03 AM
Despite the fear of egg on the face ZYL has to be a no brainer. I love it when the price dips, personally I would love it to go below 16c. Steadily buying more and whilst not 100% of the portfolio (sharing that with RMP) it is most of it.
Thanks to HC for finding this one!

Huang Chung
26-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Mbila debt funding almost organized. What a contrast to the many juniors struggling to fund their programs.

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01290405

trackers
26-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Hey HC, yip what a great situation to be in, to have banks literally lining up to debt fund a company to Production, as opposed to most small caps who have to dilute the company considerably and finance is unheard of until they're in profitable production.... Shows the caliber of the project quite nicely.

Surprised at the lack of interest

Huang Chung
26-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Nice summary.

http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/companies/news/28106/-zyl-limited-advances-financing-for-south-african-anthracite-project-shortlists-contenders--28106.html

Huang Chung
11-05-2012, 05:17 PM
BGF Canaccord (Warwick Grigor's firm) report publicly released today.

Valuation of 65c.
Price at time report was written 18c.
Currently trading at 15.5c.

From what I can see, valuation is based on 1.78mtpa saleable (from FY15), but expressions of interest have so far been received for 4mtpa.

http://www.zyllimited.com.au/images/stories/fact-sheets/CBGF_ZYL_23042012_research_report.pdf

Huang Chung
27-05-2012, 10:49 PM
ZYL ups it's interest in Mbila, and acquires Marble prospect:

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=zyl%20limited&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CG8QqQIwCA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.proactiveinvestors.com.au%2Fc ompanies%2Fnews%2F29299%2Fzyl-limited-ups-the-anthracite-ante-at-mbila-to-74-acquires-two-new-projects-29299.html&ei=RgXCT6CsOKyTiQeT0cWSCg&usg=AFQjCNGaM7CMnv5LKqRPu-b_ptlgJVaZkw

Huang Chung
27-05-2012, 10:53 PM
From Proactive Investors:

Emerging anthracite producer ZYL Limited (ASX: ZYL) has strengthened its hand in becoming a leading anthracite coal producer, acquiring an additional 30 per cent of its Mbila project and adding two more anthracite projects to its portfolio in South Africa.

Unlike many of its coal brethren, ZYL's Mbila Project is on track to begin producing in the near term, first production is slated in second quarter 2013.

ZYL has executed a binding Heads of Agreement (HoA) for the acquisition of 100% of York Energy NL (York) for a total consideration of A$12 million. This is subject due diligence and an independent experts report and obtaining shareholder approval.

The deal will add an additional 30 per cent of Mbila increasing ZYL's interest to a 74% interest.

In addition ZYL will gain:

- Rights to a 60% interest of Marble Project (located 30 km west of Mbila project)
- Rights to a 70% interest of Kangwane North Project (located 30km north of ZYL’s Kangwane Central

This will increase ZYL’s economic interest both in the Mbila Project and in the Kangwane Project area.

Significantly, this will improve flexibility through greater economies of scale.

In addition, the transaction will allow ZYL the opportunity to target both the domestic and export anthracite markets via multiple port and transport alternatives.

Deal terms

York currently owns 2% of the Mbila project and will own an additional 5% by paying US$2.8 million (Second Payment Date) upon the granting of Section 11 from the Department of Mineral Resources.

York has a call option to acquire an additional 23% in Mbila for an aggregate amount of US$14 million in cash escalated by 1% per month for each month settlement does not occur following the Second Payment Date.

Should York not exercise the call option 18 months after 16 September 2011, the vendors of Mbila will hold a put option to sell the 23% in Mbila to York for US$14 million.

ZYL will issue AU$12 million worth of shares in ZYL Limited to the shareholders of York Energy N.L.* at a deemed issue price of AU $0.1797 per share (being the 30 day volume weighted average price of ZYL shares up to and including 30 April 2012).

At completion, the amount of consideration to be issued will be reduced by the amount of outgoings due and payable by York in respect of the JV Interests at the date of the binding Head of Agreement; and $1,175,000 worth of convertible notes to be repaid at settlement unless the notes were converted into York shares prior to settlement of transaction.*

The ZYL shares to be issued as consideration to each Vendor (Consideration Shares) will be subject to voluntary escrow as follows:
(i)*** 33.33% of the Consideration Shares to be escrowed for 3 months from date of issue;
(ii)*** 33.33% of the Consideration Shares to be escrowed for 6 months from date of issue; and
(iii)*** 33.34% of the Consideration Shares to be escrowed for 9 months from date of issue

Assuming the notes are converted into York shares, the maximum number of new ZYL shares to be issued under the transaction is 62,368,743

CEO Ian Benning said of the deal: “The agreement with York consolidates ZYL’s position within both the South African and international anthracite markets. ZYL will have a well-balanced pool of assets at various stages along the exploration and development value curve, allowing for the scheduling of development based on market demands.”

“This places ZYL in a position to produce a diverse range of coal products, catering for a greater number of consumers and increasing flexibility in term of both mine gate sales and export options.”

“The high level of interest received for the company’s product from both the Mbila and Kangwane projects warranted pursuing increased anthracite holdings within South Africa and the acquisition of York provides that opportunity.”

ZYL has received non-binding Expressions of Interest (EOIs) of over 4.0Mtpa, which exceeds full saleable production from both its Mbila and Kangwane projects.

“The Transaction will provide a solid combination of both greenfields and brownfields assets with significant upside potential,” Mr Benning said.

Analysis

The deal adds economic benefits to ZYL, taking it further down the road with the near term producing Mbila project and becoming a larger presence in the much sought after anthracite market in South Africa.* Selling at the Mbila mine gate enables ZYL to tap the heavy domestic demand for anthracite without the infrastructure issues or capital expenditure. Margins are significant

The recent macro pullback in equity prices affords an opportunity for an investors.* This has meant that ZYL is trading at an EV/Resource tonne basis of around $0.22, considerably below the ASX coal sector average.

However, the ability to move into production in 2013 and fully in 2014 to a buoyant domestic market without requiring export markets holds the key to ZYL. Current valuation of around $65 million will appear very low in time.

Joshuatree
05-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Gone very quiet here. You still a believer H/C? s/p tracking steadily down to re 4.5c that must hurt like hell.Anthracite story still intact?

trackers
04-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Had one of my best ever trades today, bought 190,000 on market for 1.5c, but only got 40k filled! Nonetheless sold them for 3.7c two hours later.

Hope ZYL manage to extract themselves from this mbila debacle, mainly for your sake HC

I luckily got out in the 9's for a profit then in the 4's for evens (really really lucky)

percy
04-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Had one of my best ever trades today, bought 190,000 on market for 1.5c, but only got 40k filled! Nonetheless sold them for 3.7c two hours later.

Hope ZYL manage to extract themselves from this mbila debacle, mainly for your sake HC

I luckily got out in the 9's for a profit then in the 4's for evens (really really lucky)
Well done.
I think you are "well positioned" for a year of great profitable trading . !!!!! The year of the Trackers.

trackers
04-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Thanks Percy, pretty small return money wise but just glad to have got it right! Given your performance in the stock picking comp I think you're also well positioned for the year :D

soulman
04-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Thanks Percy, pretty small return money wise but just glad to have got it right! Given your performance in the stock picking comp I think you're also well positioned for the year :D

That's a week wages for some people Tracks.

Huang Chung
05-01-2013, 01:44 AM
Oh, what are terrible few months it's been.

At it's lows, the market cap was only 7.5m. If you'd suggested that even a month ago, I would have called for the nice men in white coats to come and take you away.

Anyhow, I've just replaced my balls of steel, with balls of titanium. Kangwane is shaping up as a great project with good margins and low capital costs. Just got to sort out the funding issues and the uncertainty around Mbila. Still think they can do it.