PDA

View Full Version : NZ Post Office Bonds

Carol
02-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Hi, I am "really" new to this site and bonds in general.
I have been left some NZ Post Bonds by a relative, they are from the 1970's
Does anyone know if these are still in circulation or valid in anyway?
Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

Heke
02-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Welcome, Carol. Yes the bonds are still valid. Take them into the ANZ bank and they will advise you. They have all the records from the time they were issued.

Carol
02-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Thank you Heke, so even the ANZ Bank here in Australia will know about these bonds?

Welcome, Carol. Yes the bonds are still valid. Take them into the ANZ bank and they will advise you. They have all the records from the time they were issued.

Heke
02-01-2011, 08:09 PM
ANZ NZ took over the Post Office Bonds from New Zealand Post. They are now called Bonus Bonds. A quick email to ANZ NZ with your bond numbers could easily sort it out. I think these bonds are a product of ANZ NZ only. Hope this helps.

winner69
02-01-2011, 08:18 PM
You can do most things here

http://www.bonusbonds.co.nz/myBonusBonds.html

kiwitrev
16-09-2014, 05:52 PM
The NZP010 bond is coming up for remarketing/reset depending on amount of interest from current holders. The current interest rate is 7.95% and by my reckoning if reset is to apply the new rate would be about the same. However holders are required to apply for renwal b4 new rate established under a remarketing process. Anybody have clues as to new rate under remarketing? See ann.
Disc. not holding but under consideration

Joshuatree
16-09-2014, 07:22 PM
You can do most things here

http://www.bonusbonds.co.nz/myBonusBonds.html

Thanks winner. I've often wondered re the chances of winning $. i see it is currently from 1 in 16,000 to 1 in 20,000 each month and the bulk of the prizes are $50 and $20. The carrot is the monthly $1 million prize.

Okebw
16-09-2014, 08:32 PM
My mother had $5020 deposited in to her account a couple years ago and no one could work out where it came from. Turns out its was from an old NZ post savings bond from about 15 years before I was born that was converted in to a bonus bond. Personally they've never really interested me, but I suppose it's a nice surprise when you do win something

Lizard
16-09-2014, 08:42 PM
The NZP010 bond is coming up for remarketing/reset depending on amount of interest from current holders. The current interest rate is 7.95% and by my reckoning if reset is to apply the new rate would be about the same. However holders are required to apply for renwal b4 new rate established under a remarketing process. Anybody have clues as to new rate under remarketing? See ann.
Disc. not holding but under consideration

Worth discussing on the NZDX forum - I might start a thread there...

Jiggs
19-10-2020, 05:55 PM
Bonus Bonds - ANZ is closing this scheme at the end of the month, and i’m told that people are getting $2 billion back, and will be looking for somewhere else to invest it. So my guess is the Sharesies buyers are going to send the Top 10 and similar shares up in price for no good reason. Or is this already happening?