PDA

View Full Version : silver bullion, which mint

robo
05-01-2011, 10:34 AM
looking to purchase some silver bars and was after some more direction from the more experienced on the forum about which product to purchase, will suisse pamp always command a premium,should i go with perthmint , a little confused as if its all 99.99 pure why is there different price points?:confused:

robo
05-01-2011, 05:29 PM
looking to purchase some silver bars and was after some more direction from the more experienced on the forum about which product to purchase, will suisse pamp always command a premium,should i go with perthmint , a little confused as if its all 99.99 pure why is there different price points?:confused:
anybody got any thoughts

JBmurc
05-01-2011, 05:40 PM
anybody got any thoughts

Personal as long as it's a well known bullion you should be fine I have over doz different types of silver bullion some cheaper to buy than others IMHO as long as it's .999% silver reg bullion I'm happy

peat
06-01-2011, 08:24 AM
yeh i agree with JB
some ounce coins do seem to command an extra premium such as the US and Canadian ones but theres no logical reason imo for that.
the Kiwi Silver Fern oz coin used to be cheaper that the others but lately this discount seems to have disappeared.
Mexican onzes also seem to be cheaper sometimes dont know why.
As Gertude Stein might say , an ounce is an ounce is an ounce.

JonJ
07-01-2011, 05:06 PM
I've got some silver bullion on order. I boight with a veiw to resell at some stage. With this in mind I opted for Canadian maples. Rounds (as fine metal coins are known as) seem more convenient. I suggest buying a small quantity to start with (I bought 10 times one ounce troy) Keep you eye out on the popular online auction sites. I ended up paying much more freight than necessary buy having them shipped in from overseas. Silver is about near it's 30 year high and the price of precious metals can fluctuate. I intend to resell my silver online (maybe in a couple of years). I might brake it down into smaller lots. From what I'm hearing the American dollar could go into hyperinflation, if this occurs the price of silver and gold will increase perhaps dramitically.

If you want to look into hyperinflation I can recomend a website for you. Good luck.

sevangelou
18-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Robo
Premiums on bullion bars vary depending on the cost of production, freight, the seller’s profit margin; and branding may also be a factor in the perceived value of a particular bar.
Personally, I would go for a bar with the least expensive premium. However, I do favour privately minted 1 oz rounds because they are more liquid in my opinion. And the price difference between bars and rounds is customarily negligible.
Regards
Scott :)

robo
20-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Thanks repliers for sharing your views and broadening mine