PDA

View Full Version : Online Software

kizame
10-01-2011, 10:01 AM
I have always used metastock to chart the markets,but am finding it difficult to get a good data provider,for a private person.(previously used findata but they don't seem too interested).
I have been toying with incredible charts but can't find whether they support NZ stocks,I have previously been able to load these but for some reason they won't load now.
My question,is there a better online stock analysis software than incredible charts-- rather than just the free charting capabilities of yahoo etc?

Phaedrus
10-01-2011, 10:48 AM
If you are interested in NZ stocks and already have MetaStock, why not simply buy NZ data?
If you don't like Findata, you could try Infoscan.
If $25/month is a problem, you can download free delayed data from Yahoo.

whirly
10-01-2011, 11:42 AM
I emailed Colin Twiggs (Incredible Charts) recently about this and Incredible charts are hoping to provide a realtime data source for nzx this year. You can still use IC with delayed NZX data. Their data comes from Yahoo at the moment. You probably had a trial that allowed 28 days of yahoo data with a 20 minute delay and now your trial is over its is more like 16 hours or sometimes even longer depending on yahoo.

chippy52
10-01-2011, 11:53 AM
You could try Meta-All . This will download data from Yahoo then export it into Metastock . Can be downloaded from Sourceforge .

kizame
10-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Gracias guys,the money is not a problem,the reason i asked is that i used to get my data from infoscan,they are hard to contact and didn't seem too interested anymore in private clients,and it seems the same at findata now,just not reliable enough for myah. I like colin twigs program,it's just that i already had metastock,and i don't think you can beat having the data downloaded and readily available,and saved in the chart format of your choice,to be played with at will.

Will check meta-all out tho too.

bull....
10-01-2011, 02:11 PM
theirs plenty of software available on the internet that will download yahoo data from most exchanges and you can use it with metastock.
I wouldnt pay for NZ data waste of money.

kizame
10-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Gracias bull will do some checking out

Dej
16-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Realise this is an old thread, and with the nature of the software market (fast) some of the posts on here could be old. So I re-ask, what kind of live charting software do people use for ASX and NZX for Technical Analysis?

ratkin
17-01-2013, 04:52 AM
Metastock has failed to keep up with technology advances , it works poorly with windows 7 , is very buggy and in recent years has stagnated.
They have however released a new version , however it forces the user to use the reuters thomson data. Not worth bothering with imo

Unless you are a hardcore day trader then incredible charts will be fine.

You can access NZ stocks on incredivle charts by using yahoo data , then create a watchlist for NZ stocks , and add them individually

Dej
17-01-2013, 06:45 AM
Metastock has failed to keep up with technology advances , it works poorly with windows 7 , is very buggy and in recent years has stagnated.
They have however released a new version , however it forces the user to use the reuters thomson data. Not worth bothering with imo

Unless you are a hardcore day trader then incredible charts will be fine.

You can access NZ stocks on incredivle charts by using yahoo data , then create a watchlist for NZ stocks , and add them individually

Thank you! Was looking at some options that looked way out of my depth (and for a lot of money) and thought that they couldnt be the only option. Maybe one day eh?