PDA

View Full Version : Scalping

peat
10-01-2011, 09:02 PM
I've been scalping the EuroUsd furiously the last few trading days. I havent been timing it that well but every single trade in the black and lots of them...

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/images/misc/pencil.png

peat
11-01-2011, 07:08 AM
nice start to the day again
15 pips in 10 minutes..

Pumice
11-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Some big moves today!
would have been great to get all over that.

peat
11-01-2011, 05:21 PM
funny I been thinking how boring its been apart from 2 PM - 3 PM which I missed most of

peat
11-01-2011, 06:31 PM
so I've been playing only shorts for the last few days.... selling when RSI comes back below 70 after being overbought on the 1 minute timeframe

but now I'm going longside....

peat
11-01-2011, 08:37 PM
still not one losing trade.... goin for quick pips.

peat
11-01-2011, 11:32 PM
wanted to be square by sleep time so closed last two trades -3 and -9
end of a long winning streak.

dragonz
12-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Hi peat any trades tonight/. Im long AUD/USD @ .9859 and have been short NZD/EUR @ .5910 since monday.

peat
12-01-2011, 08:45 PM
yeh dragon
had some other things to do today so not as many as previous days and contrary to what I said I've been trading in both directions
but all trades closed in the black and square right now looking for overbought oversold signals on the 1 min timeframe again - it seems to be workin so I will stick with it!

dragonz
12-01-2011, 09:07 PM
oh good if its working just milk it until the market strart doing something else

peat
12-01-2011, 09:25 PM
three completed trades since last post and one short still open hovering at b/e.

dragonz
12-01-2011, 10:06 PM
oh great peat, how many pips do you pull out of this a day, week, month. Also interested in your position sizing and draw down etc. feel free to tell me to mind my own busines

peat
12-01-2011, 10:20 PM
small positions but been getting 40-60 pips a day for last few days and almost no bad trades - think I've been a bit lucky somehow
exit strategy is not well defined as the entry strategy especially for losing trades as (quite frankly) that hasnt been needed.
so maybe the 'fat tails' will get me in the end. when you're only taking little profits you can give a lot back quite quickly when the black swan flies overhead.

dragonz
14-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Hi peat any trades tonight/. Im long AUD/USD @ .9859 and have been short NZD/EUR @ .5910 since monday.

I woke up to a nice suprise when I checked into my account this morning.

Target reached on the AUD/USD @ 1.0010 for +151 pips. I had 2 contracts on this so does this count as 302 Pips?

Stoped out of NZD/EUR @ 5846 + 18 pips

EUD/USD buy order @ 1.3172 and target @ 1.3310 was hit while I was sleeping. +138 pips.

So 438 pips, my best daily result so far:eek2::):)

dragonz
14-01-2011, 02:24 PM
just gone short on AUD/USD @ .9955.

peat
14-01-2011, 02:40 PM
well done on the long trades dragon tho its not really scalping.
as I kind of expected it to my system blew up last night sustaining losses to destroy previous gains

dragonz
14-01-2011, 05:14 PM
yeah thats one the the problems I had with scaping. I might start a new thread for open trades. I would be interested how others are doing with their forex trades.

Zorrro
29-03-2011, 07:09 PM
WOW Not one Fx Posting here For now Since 18th Feb 2011 - so some six odd weeks.

Please any who want Give me a shout on Skype : zarif786 (UK) will gladly add you in my Skype room And also I have a noce Google room taht if you want you can join and we can have rapport and discussions and trade and ideas views sharig etc.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/zaktraders

Looking forward to seeing all those atht are interested in Trading Fx, Oil ( Us and Brent) Gold Silver ES FTSE DAX - to mention an few

rgds
Zorrro ( aka zarif)

trackers
01-04-2011, 08:24 AM
What platform are you using to trade oil zorrro?

Zorrro
01-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Hi there Trackers I use Open e cry and also I do have Igindex ,CMc and capital spreads (spreadbet a/cs as income from tehse in Uk is deemed TAX FREE - hate giving it to teh grim reaper tax man for free lol ) Also I have friends Who are using FXPRO,AMmiralmarkets , hytrader etc.

My suggestion mate - come and join the google room and also give me a shout in skype :zarif786 ( Uk) will try help as much as can and will nice to ahve you aswell

rgds
zorrro *(zarif)

trackers
04-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Thanks! - I'm still looking into platforms to use (at this stage probably futures through Interactive Brokers), when I've signed up with one I'd be keen as to come chat :)

drillfix
27-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Hi all, so this is where all you Forex traders hang out hey so good ta see ya.

Trackers, a while back when I took a bit of a break from ST I was spending a great deal of time at BMT Forum (Big Mikes Forums) which with regards to Futures, Forex, Programs, Seminars, Advice is invaluable.

I was trading CL for a while off and on, but I found CL is a beast that can whip you around like flea on the tail of a dog. I did Ok, took a few hits and had a few wins as well, but the style of trading is or can be intense to say the least.

Trading ES or emini S&P futures is alot more handleable for folks starting out to trading futures I reckon.

With regards to programs, I used to use Ninja Trader (NT) and then kinda fell in love with MultiCharts (MC). They are base level programs with huge functionality but you will fine that Trading Technologies TT is the tool of many future traders as well as other instruments due to their proprietary DOM. There is plenty of support, scripts and a user base doing both automated trading and discretionary trading Strategies and the use of the many free indicators and strategies applied to a variety of instruments with a variety of trading styles which is extremely interesting.

There is also the option to donate which enables you to be an elite member which gives you access to an archived of Seminars based on many programs, styles be it Price Action, or scalping methods.

I hope this helps and good to see you all again.

Cheers~!

Zorrro
18-05-2011, 05:58 AM
Our Dedicated Chatroom is now Open

Go to: www.koolpips.com

When get there Click on : Chat Room

No Registration needed or passwords etc

Please use OPERA , Google CHROME , Mozilla Firefox as Internet explorer seems to be playing up ( old scripts)

rgds Zarif