PDA

View Full Version : STIRLING PRODUCTS STI 2011's multi bagger

Pachino
11-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Check this company out. This year will see this company flying.
Last week saw stirling climb into bed with 3M to distribute their products nationally
Yesterdays ann marks the start of production at their $20mil near new facility in Canada.
STI is hugely undervalued.

macduffy
11-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Certainly worth a look, Pachino.

Today's action saw a 28% increase in the SP to around nine-tenths of a cent!

I'm a bit intrigued as to why 3M would choose a $13m M/Cap company to be their marketer/distributor for Australia. That alone warrants taking them seriously, IMO.

Pachino
13-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Hi macduffy, how did you get on looking into STI ?
Production news from our near new $25mil plant in Canada is imminent any day now. Telemedcare news due soon too with $15mil funding and will be marketed globaly from the USA, expecting this by the end of the month. There is plenty more news to come, 3M is a huge coup for Stirling alone. The upside in SP is huge and todays SP is an insult to what they have achieve thus far, so confirmations will add major value here. Success of HDA devise will see Stirlings SP go ballistic and is picked into the dollars. Proto type is in hand and pre production models due 1st quater, 3 major international pharma co's are touting for contract already. Lots of other swings to this company than what i've just put forward.

drillfix
13-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Hi Pachino,

IMO, I believe its a perception thing atm. Meaning, how the market seems to view STI like a penny BIO stock that rose on previous news and even although as you mentioned Pachino, there is much upside to this stock, except the market wont seem to move up with it unless the news keeps flowing and convinces the market accordingly.

Inform the market of news of and things will move along with it. Let it idle and thats exactly what happens to the sp of any stock, unless of course insiders know ahead of time.

Saying that, by no means am I some expert on bio stocks and I can agree with much of what you say, its just that the market doesn't seem to see it that way (as yet), but hopefully it will.

ps: Low or no volume today, its like mr.market doesn't know how to take the news it has been given. Maybe the next one will be marked as sensitive.

Pachino
13-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Hi Drillfix, yes I agree but even as we sit today STI should be a 3cps, which I am confident we will see very soon. Production will lite this fire.
Plenty of news is imminent. I converse with the CEO Peter and he says that 2011 will be the year that investors will wake up to whats going on here. Already 2011 has started off well but this is nothing compared to what is coming up, and only days to weeks away. People need to do the reasearch and you will be very impressed.
I have a huge holding here and I'm not giving in for short term profits.

macduffy
13-01-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm pretty much with drillfix on this.

STI has some promising irons in the fire and the 3M marketing contract is significant. It's to be hoped that the latter doesn't unduly divert management away from their primary business but that it proves to be a nice earner for STI.

I've had my successes and failures with bio-related stocks over the years and I've learnt to take particular note of TA signals and less of what company executives, who are always naturally enthusiastic about their companies, will say off the exchange announcement record. I'm not saying that anything is wayward here but I'll be looking for some clearer market interest before getting involved.

drillfix
13-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Hi Drillfix, yes I agree but even as we sit today STI should be a 3cps, which I am confident we will see very soon. Production will lite this fire.
Plenty of news is imminent. I converse with the CEO Peter and he says that 2011 will be the year that investors will wake up to whats going on here. Already 2011 has started off well but this is nothing compared to what is coming up, and only days to weeks away. People need to do the reasearch and you will be very impressed.
I have a huge holding here and I'm not giving in for short term profits.

Cheers for the info Pachio,

Seems to be holding up not too badly so I guess if its not going up, nor down then it must be new support at 0.009c, although mind you, only tiny volume today for such a stock compared to the other days 130 Million or so traded.

Hey, when you say day to weeks away, what type of news is exactly is expected to come up in this time frame re-News?

I guess the longer this stays without news, the more sellers are drawn out of this to only see the sp slowly slide back down before the next leg up depending what news there actually is.

Pachino
14-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Drillfix
Official opening of Plant
Production.........our own products and 3rd party
Establishment of Telemedcare as US based with $15 mil funding from partner
There are several announcements sitting here alone and will be released this month, but the Opening and production news is due any day now. I believe Peter is there ATM
I got a feeling we may have some news today but I'm sure Monday makes sence to advise market. JMO
From what I can gather from HC investors are waiting for this news, so should have a good upward move.

drillfix
14-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Thank you for your info there Pachino,

Obviously a man with his finger on the pulse.

drillfix
17-01-2011, 04:14 PM
3 Months hey to get approval from submitting a 510K to the FDA in the US.

Is that time frame normal approximation or can it happen sooner?

The more I read this TeleMedCare stuff the more I like it.

After all, once upon a time Online Banking was seedy, now everyone cant live without it.

Another question to some, what companies have similar products and market share, and how do folks see this play panning out?

No too many trades on this stock today even after the news, though I look forward to what other news Pachino has mentioned.

Pachino
18-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Hi Drillfix
Given that this is a machine and not a drug I would hope to see this approved much sooner by the FDA as this is a proved and accepted working model in other countries.
I hope to see production news this week.

drillfix
18-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Hi Drillfix
Given that this is a machine and not a drug I would hope to see this approved much sooner by the FDA as this is a proved and accepted working model in other countries.
I hope to see production news this week.

That sounds pretty far out re-production news.

The market does not seem to give much of a toss at the moment it seems, though it seems to sit, idle and wait for this news. Plus I also read that it seems some are worried about the Funding and would like to know and hear about that, but I guess that wont happen until we hear about production news and then FDA approvals.

Of course, why wouldn't they get approved should and when they get that as I would imagine they could pick and choose who will fund them when that happens.

drillfix
18-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Hahaa Pachino, dont ya just love a stock where there are millions of them and they just dont do a trade for most of the morning :P

Probably everybody realising its just a wait on news of course.

Hey McDuff, are you in for a small parcel on these guys mate? I know you have your reservation about them however things to me seem to stack up a bit better than they previously looked like, which for me was hard to tell.

With these so called fundamentals, there seems to be much more upside to this play compared to downside from here or the 0.008c level.

IMO now worth a punt just for the upside as if by any chance the FDA can approve the device earlier than later, then we wont see these levels again and the potential multiples from here unfolding.

ps: a couple of orders just when through as I was posting this. doh!

macduffy
18-01-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm still waiting to see some TA signals to get involved.

Don't expect to be in at the bottom - but then, I never am!

drillfix
18-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Well MacDuff all I can say is good move dude, no rush as you already know it appears.

Not saying its the bottom, this could still go down a bit more yet on little or no news. However I am saying the downside is very little compared to upside if and what this so called news does come. Or at least, one can hope. :P

Anna Naum
20-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Some negative news....Director selling......Zodiac Capital of which Mr Boonen is a director sold 2,752,450 Shares

drillfix
21-01-2011, 01:42 AM
Some negative news....Director selling......Zodiac Capital of which Mr Boonen is a director sold 2,752,450 Shares

Hi Anna,
Without doubt a director selling or involvement of selling is always taken Negatively.

Dont know what the reason or motive is, but the market reacted accordingly. I put a an order in to the year low of 0.006c but I guess that will be wishful thinking.

I like the story on this play, but it means nothing without the Financing, or evidence or facts prevailing, though when it does, the market will rate this accordingly. Seems to be plenty of time on this one so wouldn't want to tie up funds in it, plus not having a small piece of it just in case. As McDuff says, there must be something going for the Co if 3M are to partake.

Pachino, you seem to be in touch with the directors, what's the story on this selling or any eta on some next batch of developments?

Its good to see the FDA countdown in motion, though does it actually have to wait for the 3 months for the review or can this happen sooner? as its hardware and not an actual drug.

Pachino
21-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Hi Drillfix, I spoke to AB on Tuesday spoke with him for about 40 min, one of my questions was with regard to the FDA Just as you have mentioned and his reply was it's gov dept and the papers need shuffling and could go the 3 months regardless of it being a machine, but not to say it won't be done sooner.
Production; They are prioritising contracts now and by the sound of it kick of is at the end Jan beginning of Feb. ( Appears to be plenty stepping up to have their products manufactured)
PB selling.........2.5 mil........no big deal.....this is essentially a defunct company Zodiac. I see it as cleaning the draws out and after all it is only 2.5 mil, some seem to make it a bigger issue than it is. If it were 10 mil thats a different story.

drillfix
22-01-2011, 04:40 AM
Thanks Pachino, as always a good reply and the more detail the better as we appreciate you sharing your discussion with AB.

Would be good to obviously hear sooner about the FDA although there still are many other things to accomplish or set in stone.

Any word about financing at all still? Or is that something that basically will come once production and FDA approval is given?

Though, one would think the financing part of matters would be not a problem or that the company would have a cue of investors/insto's whom would be excited to take part in the process prior to these other accomplishments.

Just that alone would also add and create value in the sp as should the other above mentioned objectives.

Caesius
07-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Trading halt today, sellers already appearing at 5c.

Hmmmmmm

drillfix
07-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Trading halt today, sellers already appearing at 5c.

Hmmmmmm

LOL Caesius,

The minow sellers at 0.005 just want out, so I wouldn't gauge by what they do or want to do.

The floor is at 0.006c so if somebody wants to crack a hole in that then they have some work to do.

Who knows, this is just another one of the many dog plays on the ASX. The Uran of of Medical stocks whereby the CEO lives in his own world and does not wish to constantly share it with shareholders due to whatever condition he may or may not have.

shasta
07-02-2011, 02:14 PM
LOL Caesius,

The minow sellers at 0.005 just want out, so I wouldn't gauge by what they do or want to do.

The floor is at 0.006c so if somebody wants to crack a hole in that then they have some work to do.

Who knows, this is just another one of the many dog plays on the ASX. The Uran of of Medical stocks whereby the CEO lives in his own world and does not wish to constantly share it with shareholders due to whatever condition he may or may not have.

Its a pity that STI is in the penny dreadful category, cos i looked around at healthcare/pharmaceutical companies that had interests with diabetes & obesity drugs (two of the more important health concerns in the western world) & i only found STI & LCT that fit the bill

If anyone knows of other companies that deal with these two issues i'd love to know

Caesius
07-02-2011, 02:25 PM
LOL Caesius,

So there are some people who suddenly want OUT, coinciding with a trading halt. I wonder why that is? Are they pessimists who assume any trading halt is bad news? Or do they KNOW something.

Xerof
07-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Capital Raising is flavour of the day

drillfix
07-02-2011, 03:00 PM
So there are some people who suddenly want OUT, coinciding with a trading halt. I wonder why that is? Are they pessimists who assume any trading halt is bad news? Or do they KNOW something.

C, if somebody actually knew something, there would be more than a couple of small guys wanting t bail, you would see the floor becoming completely cracked (as I said before).

As X has said, its a cap raising.

No doubt there are people show are just tired of the Story telling the CEO seems to continually do.

Now this does not mean its a bad story, its just means some are tired of it, and will chop their profits or losses and be done to move on.

Shasta,
I agree mate, it is a pitty indeed, as I too like the story and what it may, can or eventually might do.

Maybe I should not call the stock a dog, but from reading other posters views on HC regarding management, they seem to obviously been promised something yet the wait is infinite for them (or so it seems).

Surely one of the things must come into fruition for them that will turn it all around. Time will tell as always.

macduffy
07-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Surely one of the things must come into fruition for them that will turn it all around.

STI is still a very speculative stock, although it has some exciting prospects. I regard it in the same category as oil and gas and mineral exploration companies, those who have prospective ground but no actual production.

I'm not averse to having a flutter on these from time to time but I need to see some TA reason to invest and then they need to be played with a fairly tight trailing stop, or at least, that's my "method".

Not holding.

Pachino
10-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Stirling signs LOI with India.
2 announcements yesterday worth a read, Microsoft backing STI's telemedcare is generating global interest. Although this has been severly sold off, it looks like momentum will gain pace over the next months as more countries sign LOI's for a piece of STI's Telemedcare and HDA rights.

drillfix
10-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Pachino,

I think it would be better buying this stock after everything is signed sealed and delivered.

From the time of posting this stock has lost 75% in that time, and with due respect to you, I cant see why you would want to promote a stock that belongs in the Dog Pound as the owner, management or whomever they are, certainly do not care for its shareholders or the performance of the stock.

So why is this exactly Pachino? Meaning, do you believe that its not STI and its that the Market has got it all wrong?

Pachino
10-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Drillfix, I believe in what this company is trying to achieve, they have 2 major devices that can take the world stage and one of them (TMC) is happening now and the other (HDA) will follow in coming months.The world has their eyes on these now, which is shown by the current LOI.
It is unfortunate that the SP has slipped to this extent, but thats no different to most other embrio's on the market. I am down huge money on this but I will be here for the reward, as this is now showing a back bone.
I am no expert but I go with my gut, the future will tell the story.

macduffy
10-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Fair enough, Pachino, but beware of falling into the trap of falling in love with a stock. Remember, Love is Blind!

There's something amiss when the market can't or doesn't recognise the value in a stock that one thinks should be apparent. In my experience, caution usually pays off in such cases. I don't hold STI but if I did I'd be waiting for some recognition from the market before getting further involved.

Pachino
10-05-2011, 03:39 PM
MacD Not in love but do like what they have. The TMC will quickly go global now as there is a need for this device, to which Microsoft are backing as superrior to any other and are prepared to promote. I'm sure the next 6 months will tell a very different story about STI. This current negotiation will make sure STI survives, although dilution is heavy a reconstruction is in the wind sometime down the track. I had a very good discussion last week with the company and am assured all management parties are kept in check, which was very good to hear. So no more false starts or promises.

drillfix
10-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Well, good on ya for sticking to your guns Pachino, I also can agree with you on the story frontier, as I like the story too, but when I suss that the market does not pay attention, through burned and scolded wounds that I carry, I choose to listen to the market and disregard my likes or passion. I just then flow with the river or which way the tide goes.

Here's hoping its onwards and upwards for you at least and that good things prevail for company to gain back and current setbacks.

Cheers`!

Pachino
11-06-2011, 06:04 PM
In Trading Halt
May well be worth keeping an eye on this when announcements are made on Wednesday, could make all the difference and may see the SP go for a run.......hopefully!
HDA ann is of special interest and could have a major effect for Stirling.

Caesius
11-06-2011, 07:22 PM
In Trading Halt
May well be worth keeping an eye on this when announcements are made on Wednesday, could make all the difference and may see the SP go for a run.......hopefully!
HDA ann is of special interest and could have a major effect for Stirling.

What sort of announcement are you looking for? Isn't the trading halt about them asking for more money? Haven't they recently lost their potential CEO? I think there's a reason the SP is so low.

drillfix
11-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Bits and pieces to the overall story here, as the next ann seems to be some what of a Multi Update on various frontiers.

IMO, the stock will try to rally a bit and repeat the history of the last rally, meaning up and then wait for the sell off.

But, of coarse lets wait to see what the ann states first prior to making any judgement like the one I have done just above, although, some stocks are just so predictable and usually probability states that history repeats...lol

Pachino
11-06-2011, 08:46 PM
I had a very good discussion last week with the company and am assured all management parties are kept in check, which was very good to hear. So no more false starts or promises.

I am hoping this part will apply this time and investors see STI as believable and what value it offers from this upcoming announcement.
The HDA offers potential multi billon dollar revenues, this may be the start of that new beginning.
I'm not getting too excited as yet, lets see what Wed brings, but this is certainly worth watching.

Pachino
13-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Probably a great explanation of STI's product and current situation. Brilliant post!

Posted by wdongli on another site

STI: Trading Halt with interesting reasons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STI just asked trading halt after the market closed. It gives the reasons as below:

1. Company strategic review advice
2. Telemedcare and Stirling Pharma progress and developments
3. First exclusive HDA platform licensing for the pulmonary delivery of a major drug.
4. Proposed UK AIM listing and funding

For HDA pulmonary delivery device, an article would be helpful:
Stirling Products increases product - One News Page [Aus] Business

Stirling Products increases product coverage with feature in ONdrugDelivery
Proactive Investors, Monday, 2 May 2011

Stirling Products (ASX: STI) has attracted attention with a feature in a specialist industry publication, ONdrugDelivery, about the company?s patented High Density Aerosol (HDA) pulmonary drug delivery device. The publication focuses on pulmonary and nasal drug delivery and has a readership base of 40,000 worldwide mainly within the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry sectors.

Dry powder based drug delivery device

1. Stirling?s HDA product differs from other pulmonary drug delivery devices as most are a dry-powder base.

2. Highlighting the future impact of HDA?s within the industry, the article notes that Pfizer?s (NYSE: PFE) ?Exubera? was the next generation dry-powder delivery technology where more than ?US$1 billion was reportedly written off when this project was abandoned.?

3. Despite the knowledge that the lungs have naturally inbuilt defences which reject powders, essentially a dust, there remains a focus on dry-powder systems in the industry.

A potential breakthrough

1. The problems associated with dry-powders positions Stirling to make a potential breakthrough in the industry. The company is in the process of commercializing a better drug delivery system to the lungs with a ?new class of aerosol ? generation device that is suited for use in a wide range of applications.?

2. The article notes ?This HDA technology has proven it is highly efficient in delivering respiratory drugs such as albuterol sulphate.?

3. Albuterol is used in inhalation devices worldwide to combat asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

4. Stirling?s HDA Nebuliser device can deliver the drug deep into the lung in a dissolved state that helps the lungs quickly absorb more of the drug.

5. The company?s device illustrates technology that offers advantages such as true breath-activation and that it can be used for multiple drug products.

3M sponsored

This particular ONdrugDelivery issue has been sponsored by the 3M Company (NYSE: MMM) and will be distributed at the Respiratory Drug Delivery Conference being held over four days this week in Berlin.

The conferences are designed for those involved in the development, investigation, preparation and delivery of old and new therapeutic entities by aerosol systems.

The conference will have over 50 industry exhibitors as well as 70 scientific posters with most of them focused on developments and opportunities within the rapidly developing respiratory drug delivery market.

STI has all of characteristics, high risk vs high return in normal market conditions. The selling season and the 22-month-correction in Australia stock market perhaps have made it low risk vs high return fallen angel since its price has dropped down significantly and successfully made its old shareholders in great pains. All of biotech swans usually come out of the deep water after a lot losses of its shareholders' capitals or money.

Actually it has kept to be sold by its old shareholders on fire since May 2009 and quite lot of its shareholders have given up any hopes. I like the hopeless mood of market players very much, and then I bought in at $0.004 and failed to get it at lowest price as I hoped. Could it be another PRR? Perhaps not but if its price could come back to $0.05, it would be quite nice. Who knows?

No one really know since it is a dirty-cheap fish, the market orphan, no decent and qualitative people like to touch it! You need to be brave, good senses about the worst time in your horizon, sympathy soul, and affordable capital to touch it but you could be extremely unlucky! Anyway it has been hit by the market for more than a decade. It is really miserable from the darling to the dog! I am happy I didn't buy it more than $0.02.

Pachino
15-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Morning all, just a reminder for those watching this, TH lifts today and my be worth seeing what impact the announcements will have. Hoping possitive. Good luck if you hold. #3 could drive the SP as this is a signifficant event in a multi billion dollar industry, which could place STI as a major player in the industry.

1. Company strategic review advice
2. Telemedcare and Stirling Pharma progress and developments
3. First exclusive HDA platform licensing for the pulmonary delivery of a major drug.
4. Proposed UK AIM listing and funding

Corporate
25-07-2011, 08:39 PM
potential multibanger....now in voluntary administration! Jeez

Xerof
25-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Don't wish to seem mean spirited but pachino is proving to be quite a reliable contrarian indicator. STI and IOG both dismal and there was another one which escapes the memory for now. I must research that to ensure I don't own it........