PDA

View Full Version : Lithium

Aotea
11-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Hi All,
Just putting it out there for comment..Im looking at buying into a lithium play and am keen for your thoughts on what coy has better tenements and management?

Cheers in advance....

drillfix
11-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Aotea, try using search as there is an existing thread already created by Shasta with numerous postings for you to research and catchup on.

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?7489-lithium-miners&highlight=Lithium

There are a few around.

Aotea
11-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Well, look at that- a search function!

Hey cheers, I didnt even knwo that existed....

stevo1
11-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Hi All,
Just putting it out there for comment..Im looking at buying into a lithium play and am keen for your thoughts on what coy has better tenements and management?

Cheers in advance....

Hi Aotea I looked and bought into LI plays sometime ago ADY had the potential to be a great co but was screwed by management.Owned RDR for a while but ended up NOT liking them so sold.
Did buy and still have a holding freeriding in ORE which was the standout.
From the research I did at the time the brine deposits with low magnesium content were the standouts.
Have you considered REEs ?There is the odd smaller co that POSSIBLY may get into production.
The pick of the REE companies is LYC

COLIN
11-01-2011, 04:48 PM
GXY is my lithium play. Also, as announced today, they may have struck worthwhile REE's as well, so you could kill at least two birds with the one stone! Market certainly perked up on today's announcement.

lewinsky
12-01-2011, 08:49 AM
I would endorse Colin's comments and the announcement made yesterday makes for interesting reading and gives the company a new resource.

I don't trade shares actively, however this is an one that would have provided good opportunities for active investors, as it increases in price then falls back to the $1.40 levels.

Yesterday's announecement has hopefully provided an underpin to the price at a higher base level.

LEW

stevo1
12-01-2011, 12:08 PM
I would endorse Colin's comments and the announcement made yesterday makes for interesting reading and gives the company a new resource.

I don't trade shares actively, however this is an one that would have provided good opportunities for active investors, as it increases in price then falls back to the $1.40 levels.

Yesterday's announecement has hopefully provided an underpin to the price at a higher base level.

LEW
I believe that galaxy has a spodumene deposit and for that reason alone it did not appeal to me.
The REE rescource seems also to be a little dubious so you would need to do some rescearch on that.
Refining the REEs is not easy it is expensive and deposit specific.
It also appears that the REE deposit is in a class A national park.
My research on GXY is about 2yrs old so out of date.
GXY may well be a good traders stock

lewinsky
12-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Steve,

Have a look at their presentation on the 22 December, I would be interested in your thoughts.

This has performed ok for me, not a big increase like some of my gold juniors (sorry Skol).

This year will be a key one for GXY with plants being completed.

stevo1
12-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Steve,

Have a look at their presentation on the 22 December, I would be interested in your thoughts.

This has performed ok for me, not a big increase like some of my gold juniors (sorry Skol).

This year will be a key one for GXY with plants being completed.

Very slick presentation ,Lew
I have only had a brief look at it
If they can achieve their intergrated supply chain could be very good.
LI battery is the way into the future along with REEs which in GXY case may or not proceed .
LYC is the frontrunner for REEs at this point IMO.
But from the brief look I had there seems to be possabilities.

drillfix
04-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Anybody jumped on the East Coast express today?

ECM to acquire advanced lithium project in Austria, Hmmm interesting play here although placement done at 3c recently prior to this, though to the folks whom brought the project I suspect.

Thoughts?

p2r
01-08-2011, 09:32 PM
GXY looking perky after a long downtrend

Joshuatree
02-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Aotea ,ORE is the lithium play of the decade plus. It WILL be a/the lowest cost highest quality play, absoulutely no doubt about that,the facts speak for them selves. Hard rock miners are also rans except poss if they have great byproducts. Ore also has potash byproduct. TOYOTA know this and have/are coming on board. Being in Argentina takes a few brownie points off otherwise no contenders any where near ORE and the lithium space.

Aotea
07-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Thanks Joshuatree, I made a jump into ECM a couple of months back. They look interesting although thier announcements are few and far between. I see a solid upside, especially if they get into the Li/Vanadium battery market..

jennym
08-11-2011, 02:11 PM
have a look at ajm. i bought into it for coal a while ago. it still has the coal and has the iron ore. this year it has dug around a bit and has found some shallow hard rock lithium ore at reasonable grades.
there are quite a few shares on issue but it has plenty of money etc etc.
the lithium looks quite good. they put a summary out about it in october(lithium brochure). it is early days on the lithium front but it looks good so far.
i think the share price will go up when they start making money - i think coal first then iron ore.