PDA

View Full Version : Has the market turned?

whatsup
19-01-2011, 09:46 PM
IMHO I would say a big yes, we are slowly and surely on the way to a 2-4 year bull market, The U S and Europe have turned and although Aussie didnt suffer the bear market it was effected in its own way.

shasta
19-01-2011, 10:14 PM
IMHO I would say a big yes, we are slowly and surely on the way to a 2-4 year bull market, The U S and Europe have turned and although Aussie didnt suffer the bear market it was effected in its own way.

Thats a big call to make, got anything to back up your opinion?

The US is still propping up there economy with $US75b a month (each month, over 8 months) & Europes debt woes havent gone away, at least not yet!

digger
19-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Thats a big call to make, got anything to back up your opinion?

The US is still propping up there economy with $US75b a month (each month, over 8 months) & Europes debt woes havent gone away, at least not yet!

But as we went over on another site the 75 billion a month of created money does send up equities.The SP rise is in itself phoney as the purchasing power of the increased value of the equities is about the same as before the exercise started,but creating money out of thin air does send up equities and make a general feel good factor in hopeful investers. That feeds on itself and the investers spend more cash so as to not miss out on the rise,regardless of whether the rise is real or makebelieve.

drillfix
20-01-2011, 03:10 AM
Agree with both Shasta and Digger.

Its kinda like, damned if you do and damned if you dont type of ultimatum really, ain't it.

I guess at the end of the day those that have diversity an wealth combined so no matter which way the wind blows they will be fine, yet for the small average joe investor, they can easily get caught out and live the easy come, easy go experience, which I hope does not unfold in then near term anyway.