PDA

View Full Version : E-minies

GAZDA
23-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Is anybody trading E-minies (futures on indexes)?

GAZDA

nzakl
28-01-2011, 11:20 PM
which broker do use to trade E-mini? My Etrade account doesn't support E-mini.

DTB
29-01-2011, 11:13 AM
which broker do use to trade E-mini? My Etrade account doesn't support E-mini.

Try MF Global. I think they do most of the mini contracts. Could be wrong though..

GAZDA
05-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Thinkorswim platform is trading E-minies.Setting and flow is very user intuitive.Anybody with trading experience?????

DTB
15-02-2011, 06:00 PM
I'm just doing some research on the subject. Have been looking at the markets to trade and which platforms. I think TOS is more oriented towards options and seems to be the preferred platform for them. Was looking at tradestation which also seems popular and intuitive with a lot of community support. Unfortunately, I think that you can only use their market data, which is expensive - though a CBOT minis package is only $10USD per month if you're only looking at the minis. Their data packages are limited and don't cover the asian markets. I will possibly now use Interactive Brokers and then choose a compatible platform. That way I can look at more time friendly markets such as Hang Seng mini.

If I was only going to do the emini I would use tradestation with the $10 package. The $99 per month software lease is free on 10 roundtrip trades - Futures - total $45 approx