PDA

View Full Version : 2nd NWE Party - New Plymouth - Saturday 9th April.

upside_umop
09-02-2011, 10:31 PM
For those of you that have attended your local sharetrader meetings, you will have no doubt noticed that Oiler is usually present - even though he is not a local. Therefore, the proposal is to go up and see Oiler at the oil capital of NZ - New Plymouth. It is even more suitable to have it at Oilers, given he is a leading proponent of NWE and not being able to make it to the recent successful NWE party at Bermuda's due to bad weather!

This post is to register interest for the best dates that suit people who think they may be able to make it.

There will be a function at a bar, or Oilers house? Those finer details will be worked out in good time.

Is it possible to make this thread a sticky please.

Serpie
10-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Going to Disneyland on the 9th, and can't do 26th, so 4th is my only option, although I see I'm in minority.
Good on ya for this Umop - and good on ya for everything Oiler.

upside_umop
10-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Bugger Serpie. I'm flexible for either the 2nd or 9th, will see how the poll goes and may be able to convince the others.

I changed the dates for April as I noticed I mucked them up - should have fallen on a Saturday.

Notice to those that have already voted, per the poll:
-4th April is actually meant to be the 2nd (Saturday)
-11th April is meant to be the 9th (also a Saturday)

skeet
10-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Im flexible with dates upside, as long as its a weekend!

A J
11-02-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm flexable to, any of those weekends is fine. Have been meaning to go up and visit Oiler so this trip suits the bill nicely.

And aslong as your there Serpie perhaps I could get you some of those beers!! lol

Cheers
Aaron

impacman
11-02-2011, 03:00 PM
I also have some flexibility although 2nd has been penciled.

STRAT
11-02-2011, 05:34 PM
No idea which date at this point but the further away from now the better.

Bloody good idea Ooooomop. Im always keen as to spend an evening with anyone as charming as Oiler.

Oiler
11-02-2011, 06:23 PM
No idea which date at this point but the further away from now the better.

Bloody good idea Ooooomop. Im always keen as to spend an evening with anyone as charming as Oiler.

Stop it STRAT :blush:

Corporate
12-02-2011, 05:02 PM
I've voted 11 April but pretty flexible.

shasta
12-02-2011, 06:21 PM
I've voted 11 April but pretty flexible.

I'll try & make this if i can

STRAT
12-02-2011, 09:53 PM
I'll try & make this if i canThat would be great Shasta. We can finnaly place an ugly mug on each other after all these years :D

and you can give me back my hat big fella

STRAT
12-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Stop it STRAT :blush:....................:lol:

shasta
12-02-2011, 10:13 PM
That would be great Shasta. We can finnaly place an ugly mug on each other after all these years :D

and you can give me back my hat big fella

Oh deary me ;)

I can assure you i'm no circus freak, Oiler has meet me on a few occasions, dont know where anyone got that im that tall!

I've slimmed down at least 10 kgs too, since i last went to a Sharetrader meet, im a new leaner meaner machine these days :)

STRAT
13-02-2011, 01:58 AM
Oh deary me ;)

I can assure you i'm no circus freak, Oiler has meet me on a few occasions, dont know where anyone got that im that tall!

I've slimmed down at least 10 kgs too, since i last went to a Sharetrader meet, im a new leaner meaner machine these days :)Never thought you were a freak but for all you know I
might only be 3 feet tall :D

bermuda
14-02-2011, 09:23 PM
I have just returned from a wonderful time in New Plymouth including a great meal with Oiler. Set the date and I will try and get there but no promises. Seeing Oiler in Sydney 28 February.

upside_umop
19-02-2011, 12:57 PM
I thought I had the poll set to close tomorrow, but it looks to be the 01/03/2010. In any case, I will take the numbers as at tomorrow and we will make a decision based on those and peoples flexibility.

So if you're intending/keen to go, have a vote on the date that suits you best.

Oiler
03-03-2011, 01:19 PM
We are closing in on the date for the New Plymouth version of the NWE Year party. Umop can you confirm the date please, as I am sure a lot of people have been PMing you about there preferences.

Weather permitting we will have the party at my place, otherwise it will be at one of the many bars nearby.

There are 3 hotels (Devon, Quality Inn and the Autolodge) a 2 minute walk from my place and then there is the Amber Court Motel 5 minutes walk away. I am happy to help arrange accom.

I have just got back from the Oil and Gas Conference in Sydney at which the Minister of Energy and Mines made mention of the NZ contingent attending (Bermuda and I ) and asked for a 1 minute silence for the people of Christchurch and NZ. Nice gesture.

Set the date UU and lets get the show on the road. :cool:

upside_umop
03-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Cheers for that Oiler.

The preferred date appears to be Saturday the 9th of April. That is still 5 weekends away, and therefore shouldn't be too much disturbance from the Chch earthquake.

So we'll go ahead and book flights for this date.

upside_umop
06-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Alright, just to confirm, I have booked my flights for the 9th on the early morning flight (6:50am) - make full use of the day!
So time for the other Chch-ian's to jump on board and get away from the shakes :P

bermuda
06-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Alright, just to confirm, I have booked my flights for the 9th on the early morning flight (6:50am) - make full use of the day!
So time for the other Chch-ian's to jump on board and get away from the shakes :P

Would love to be going up to join you at Oiler's but am engaged in a Master's golf tournament. Have fun.

upside_umop
15-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Alright, so lets have some confirmed numbers for the 9th of April...

A J
16-03-2011, 01:54 AM
Are you leaving at 6.50 or arriving then? Once I know I'll book. I guess we'll stay the night then go back at what time the next day?

Cheers
Aaron

upside_umop
16-03-2011, 07:19 AM
Leaving bright and early at 650am and leaving the next day at 430pm direct to Christchurch.

A J
16-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Ok I'm booked in for the same flights as you upside. It's on!

forest
16-03-2011, 02:41 PM
I have not registered my interest for this NWE party before but I would enjoy coming along and meet you all in NP.

Oiler
16-03-2011, 05:50 PM
I have not registered my interest for this NWE party before but I would enjoy coming along and meet you all in NP.

Forest even though you havent registered your interest............... you are very welcome to come to sunny New Plymouth. That goes for any others out there who would like to join us all.

forest
16-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Thanks Oiler, count me in.

Crypto Crude
17-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Hey upside, AJ
where are yous staying?
:cool:
.^sc

A J
18-03-2011, 01:45 AM
I get the feeling upside hasn't booked anywhere yet? I haven't anyway, I just figure once we get there we'll book accomodation. I don't think there will be any rush for accomodation in New Plymouth on the 9th of April for any specific reason so should be all good.

Financially dependant
18-03-2011, 09:22 AM
I get the feeling upside hasn't booked anywhere yet? I haven't anyway, I just figure once we get there we'll book accomodation. I don't think there will be any rush for accomodation in New Plymouth on the 9th of April for any specific reason so should be all good.

It might be worth checking as I think the national banjo competition is on that weekend.....

Oiler
18-03-2011, 10:31 AM
It might be worth checking as I think the national banjo competition is on that weekend.....

FD thats this weekend :D WOMAD,14000 people expected each day (Fri/Sat/Sun) at the Bowl.

UU, AJ, SC et al when the time gets a little closer and we see the numbers I will talk to the local establishments and see if I can get a good rate.

Crypto Crude
18-03-2011, 08:02 PM
LOL National Banjo...
Who Would know such events are on...
have you been talking to strat?
hahaha
:eek2:
.^sc

upside_umop
03-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Only 6 sleeps to go.

Confirmed:

-Forest
-A J
-Upside down

Liklies?:

-Evilroy
-Doyle
-Impacman
-Shrewd crude
-Strat
-Shasta
-FD

Can the above answer whether they will be likely to come....come on Strat!

I've been told it's ok to bring a sleeping bag, and I'm sure the ground will be comfortable after a couple anyway. Otherwise, there will no doubt be some going in for accommodation and will be possible to contribute and have a bed that way.

Financially dependant
04-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Only 6 sleeps to go.

Confirmed:

-Forest
-A J
-Upside down

Liklies?:

-Evilroy
-Doyle
-Impacman
-Shrewd crude
-Strat
-Shasta
-FD

I've been told it's ok to bring a sleeping bag, and I'm sure the ground will be comfortable after a couple anyway. Otherwise, there will no doubt be some going in for accommodation and will be possible to contribute and have a bed that way.

Sorry you have to count me out, I have used up all my leave passes...not long been back from London. Shame as I like Banjo's...

Crypto Crude
05-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Wish I could come up and meet Oiler again...
what a treat that would be...
Im afraid im pulling out also,
Been caught up in the Earthquake bad and had no where to live...
Got myself back on my feet today, and into a fresh and clean flat so back on track...... ready to Boom...
:cool:m
.^sc

Oiler
06-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Wish I could come up and meet Oiler again...
what a treat that would be...
Im afraid im pulling out also,
Been caught up in the Earthquake bad and had no where to live...
Got myself back on my feet today, and into a fresh and clean flat so back on track...... ready to Boom...
:cool:m
.^sc

Good to hear that you are getting back on your feet Shrewdy.

Will catch up with you again soon in Christchurch.......... hmm cant be in the city though huh? :ohmy:

evilroyrule
06-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Sorry you have to count me out, I have used up all my leave passes...not long been back from London. Shame as I like Banjo's...

sorry, just seen this. wld otherwise be a certainty but my horsie racing this weekend. sorry for being lame. pacman, back your way in couple of weeks

STRAT
06-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Shame as I like Banjo's...Banjos are coooool:t_up::cool::p:lol:

STRAT
06-04-2011, 02:35 PM

.Hi Oooooomop.
50/50 at the mo. I will keep you posted.
G can fill you in on the details if I dont make it:blush:

Hey Roy. If you are planning on a beer with the Pacman, Id be into that.

Oiler
06-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Hi Oooooomop.
50/50 at the mo. I will keep you posted.
G can fill you in on the details if I dont make it:blush:

Hey Roy. If you are planning on a beer with the Pacman, Id be into that.

In case you are wondering why its 50/50 for STRAT :(

It is his 29th birthday tomorrow (7th) ;);)

We can help you celebrate STRAT :t_up:

Happy Birthday my friend.

G

Serpie
06-04-2011, 07:55 PM
I might see some of the ChCh crew at the airport - flying out to Disneyland Saturday night, so I'll have a drink for you guys on the plane.

STRAT
06-04-2011, 08:53 PM
It is his 29th birthday tomorrow (7th) ;);)

We can help you celebrate STRAT :t_up:

Happy Birthday my friend.

G7th??? If its my 29th its more like my 21st.

Been 29 for quite a while now and it gets harder to believe every year.

Thanks G

Plannin on being 29 for a few more years yet

Oiler
07-04-2011, 08:01 AM
I might see some of the ChCh crew at the airport - flying out to Disneyland Saturday night, so I'll have a drink for you guys on the plane.

Have a safe and fun trip Serpie, a well earned break. We will have a drink for you as well.

forest
07-04-2011, 08:40 AM
Its getting close now for our NWE party. Wondering if the finer details have been decided, like where and what time we meet? I am leaving Auckland and the computer screen tomorrow morning for the big trip to NP. No pressure, :) looking forwards seeing some share traders from afar.

Forest

Oiler
07-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Its getting close now for our NWE party. Wondering if the finer details have been decided, like where and what time we meet? I am leaving Auckland and the computer screen tomorrow morning for the big trip to NP. No pressure, :) looking forwards seeing some share traders from afar.

Forest

Look forward to seeing you in the Naki! Check your PM's I have sent you a message with phone number etc.

bermuda
09-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Look forward to seeing you in the Naki! Check your PM's I have sent you a message with phone number etc.

Oiler,
All the best for tonight. Have a Tui for me and go easy on the crayfish tail.
Cheers

Oiler
10-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Oiler,
All the best for tonight. Have a Tui for me and go easy on the crayfish tail.
Cheers

LOL thanks Bermuda!

We did a few beers and quite a few wines but I have to say we did go easy on the crayfish tails.

Who would believe that 3 people can go to a Chinese restaurant and come out with a bill for $450..... easy. Just eat raw crayfish tales.

Now we just need Peter M to keep putting out those "news updates" and the price to keep rising.

A J
11-04-2011, 04:19 PM
A big thanks to Oiler for his hospitality and a tour around the Taranaki area! Was interesting to see the various facilities and a few gas wells, am inspired to get a shovel out and start digging a hole in the back yard to try and find gas but suspect I'll be there for a while so will refrain.

Should've taken some photos while we were there but only took a few on the way home of Mount Taranaki, I guess there would be a few gas wells down there!

Cheers
Aaron

forest
11-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Just arrived back this afternoon, thanks Oiler for providing the venue and catering. Nice to meet a couple of new (for me) share traders AJ and UU.

Cheers, Forest

Oiler
12-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Thanks guys and yes it was a very enjoyable evening.

AJ I dont think I have seen anyone posting pics on ST before. Well done.

You maybe better off digging for oil/gas in Taranaki rather than Christchurch :D