17-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Sorry, I got nothing useful to say.
Just opening up a thread for them.

BigBob
17-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Sorry, I got nothing useful to say.
Just opening up a thread for them.

You beat me to it by about 5 mins....:

A warm welcome to Broken Hill Prospecting - the first IPO in far too long.

Good luck to all.....!!

Stumpynuts
17-02-2011, 03:17 PM
You beat me to it by about 5 mins....:

Hehehe

But yeah, hopefully if BPL is able to do well then it would flow onto HGD.
Fingers crossed haha.....
Oh well, one can only hope and dream - Dreams are possible........

17-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Dynamic start today. Not one trade in NZ.

Paint it Black
17-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Dynamic start today. Not one trade in NZ.

Has any one received their allocation confirmation yet? This has possibly something to do with the lack of trading.

Stumpynuts
18-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Has any one received their allocation confirmation yet? This has possibly something to do with the lack of trading.

More like lack of funds.............. Nobody has traded because everybody has had to make a government contribution to the new fleet of BMWs.. LOL

BigBob
18-02-2011, 09:45 AM

....and yet somewhere around $375,000 worth traded in Australia...

I don't know why the oil and mining stocks bother with dual listing... surely it's a total waste of money to maintain a listing in NZ!

In fact over the last few years the NZX is becoming more and more irrelevant with it's pathetic turnover, lack of new listings and lack of opportunities for investors and traders alike... I am sure I'm not the only one who now has far more invested in overseas markets than in NZ...

Stumpynuts
18-02-2011, 10:21 AM
In fact over the last few years the NZX is becoming more and more irrelevant with it's pathetic turnover, lack of new listings and lack of opportunities for investors and traders alike... I am sure I'm not the only one who now has far more invested in overseas markets than in NZ...

You're definitely not the only one. half way through last year was when the reality really sunk in for me - That NZ's markets are dead ducks. I want to maintain the faith that NZ's economy will eventually blossom, but theres so many dip****s in control. With me still being so young, I decided that it's a perfect time to make some pretty significant calculated risks. And I'm glad I did.

Starting from that time last year I've moved most of my investments over to ASX stocks, and in 7-8 months trading ASX I've made astronomically higher returns than 6-7 years of trading in NZX stocks.

tobo
18-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Re: relevance of NZX,
There are a lot of kiwis trading on NZX for whom the big foray into foreign currency and the huge unknown of those shark-infested waters of the deep sea seems just too hard. Those people have slim pickings in NZ for their 10% speculative portfolio component - a couple of biotechs 4 oil compnaies (two are big), a couple of goldies, and BPL will provide one new resource stock.
(Negative aspect is the Ausis are selecting (or not selecting) BPL after considering a number of other companies, whereas there is no choice on the NZX for cobalt etc)
Re: trading,
what was yesturday ASX trading like?
I cannot see any info other than it seems maybe all was at 17.5 cents AUD?

blackcap
18-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Re: relevance of NZX,
There are a lot of kiwis trading on NZX for whom the big foray into foreign currency and the huge unknown of those shark-infested waters of the deep sea seems just too hard. Those people have slim pickings in NZ for their 10% speculative portfolio component - a couple of biotechs 4 oil compnaies (two are big), a couple of goldies, and BPL will provide one new resource stock.
(Negative aspect is the Ausis are selecting (or not selecting) BPL after considering a number of other companies, whereas there is no choice on the NZX for cobalt etc)
Re: trading,
what was yesturday ASX trading like?
I cannot see any info other than it seems maybe all was at 17.5 cents AUD?

Huge arb... can sell here for 28c NZ and but in Aus fro 17 cents aussie :P

Stumpynuts
18-02-2011, 03:59 PM
huge arb... Can sell here for 28c nz and but in aus fro 17 cents aussie :p

wow!!!
Look at those amazing 'bpl' volumes being traded on nzx today!!!