PDA

View Full Version : NZX Rally

nosolution
10-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi,

I'm watching the share price for NZX go up very considerably over the last few days. What's going on in the market creating this? Is it the low OCR encouraging people to move out of term deposit type investment and into the market thus increasing the the volume of trades the NZX sees? I'm really just curious about what economic factors drive the share price of the exchange it's self to rally like this. Thanks.

Noso.

wbosher
10-03-2011, 02:26 PM
I saw an interview on TV with Mark Weldon the other day, talking about a handful of new companies looking at floating on the exchange. Not sure if that would have any impact, but I guess it probaly would.

BigBob
10-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Hi,

I'm watching the share price for NZX go up very considerably over the last few days. What's going on in the market creating this? Is it the low OCR encouraging people to move out of term deposit type investment and into the market thus increasing the the volume of trades the NZX sees? I'm really just curious about what economic factors drive the share price of the exchange it's self to rally like this. Thanks.

Noso.

Maybe they should issue a "Please explain...." to themselves....

nosolution
10-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Also, NZX tends to be high yielding so maybe a move towards high yielding shares due to the OCR cut? However TWR is high yielding as well and hasn't seen the same movement so not sure.