PDA

View Full Version : ASX-crazy times in the resources sectors SELL -BUY -HOLD --F.A

JBmurc
15-03-2011, 09:38 PM
currently still holding have done only a couple small trades with only 1hour free hour yesterday and no time to check the market today had I sold mid last week I'd not a have a paper loss of round 100k NZD(If I sell at current prices)

Now as my portfolio interest is made up off(biggest focus to smallest -OIL,IRON ORE,GOLD,SILVER,REO,COPPER,NAT GAS,U308)
90% of the companies are well funded with very large profit upside at current resource prices....

But they a falling like their resource assets are losing value ( U308 share yes whats going on is very bad for that sector in the ST)...But Oil,Iron ore ,GOLD/Silver ? these are most likely to be trending much higher for many reasons with Japan mass money injection energy needs,rebuilding, unrest in the middle east,Japan selling of US bonds,EU money worries,70mill+ extra humans p.a consuming more finite resources

Now for sure many of the massive sell-offs on world market are being headed from large Insurance companies liquidating shares raise funds on japan etc hedge funds shorting shares ,mass fear from retail investors stoplosses
panic............

Where to from here --For sure there's going be many trillion's more free Fiat currencies adding to already massive debt levels worldwide thats a sure thing .....where will most go......Higher Inflation in many resources ??

tricha
15-03-2011, 10:27 PM
I'd say JB right now, u r the crazy one to be in the market.

What is next, ???????????????????????????, but if u r out of this crazy market, it does not matter that much.

FTSE 100 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/market_data/stockmarket/3/default.stm)5663.26Down-111.98-1.94%Dax (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/market_data/stockmarket/18/default.stm)6636.98Down-229.65-3.34%Cac 40 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/market_data/stockmarket/1/default.stm)3787.33Down-90.71-2.34%

shasta
15-03-2011, 10:28 PM
currently still holding have done only a couple small trades with only 1hour free hour yesterday and no time to check the market today had I sold mid last week I'd not a have a paper loss of round 100k NZD(If I sell at current prices)

Now as my portfolio interest is made up off(biggest focus to smallest -OIL,IRON ORE,GOLD,SILVER,REO,COPPER,NAT GAS,U308)
90% of the companies are well funded with very large profit upside at current resource prices....

But they a falling like their resource assets are losing value ( U308 share yes whats going on is very bad for that sector in the ST)...But Oil,Iron ore ,GOLD/Silver ? these are most likely to be trending much higher for many reasons with Japan mass money injection energy needs,rebuilding, unrest in the middle east,Japan selling of US bonds,EU money worries,70mill+ extra humans p.a consuming more finite resources

Now for sure many of the massive sell-offs on world market are being headed from large Insurance companies liquidating shares raise funds on japan etc hedge funds shorting shares ,mass fear from retail investors stoplosses
panic............

Where to from here --For sure there's going be many trillion's more free Fiat currencies adding to already massive debt levels worldwide thats a sure thing .....where will most go......Higher Inflation in many resources ??

The LOW EV list has hardly budged, benefit of being under the radar i suggest

JBmurc
16-03-2011, 09:23 AM
The LOW EV list has hardly budged, benefit of being under the radar i suggest

yeah my biggest holding which is SSN looks to have found support only down 2% on the amex overnight GRM which is now quite a big holding for me is down below placment can't see any sellers being stupid enough to keep selling much more with Silver drill results coming --(silver even with last nights pull-back it's still up 100% year on year)my AMU holding has been in a very long trading halt waiting on details of takeover price could well work out very well for me if the takeover price is a fair one with current Oil prices it should be.. my CFE,HLX,ARV were never expensive to assets before the madness sell-off --my recent PENOC not so good but going of CNBC all of the 50 of so new nuclear plants getting built are still to be built both ACB,PEN if you got near there bottom will reward the brave IMHO....
I,m most gutted about not having more spare funds

Guess another good thing with the fear driven pull back in march is my TAX should be alot smaller was worried what shares I was going to have to sell to pay the TAX

Lego_Man
16-03-2011, 10:13 AM
I've been ****ing hammered, textbook example of how to get cleaned out in 2 trading days.

Shows the power of the Black Swan event...

JBmurc
16-03-2011, 11:48 AM
I've been ****ing hammered, textbook example of how to get cleaned out in 2 trading days.

Shows the power of the Black Swan event...

yeah for sure hope we seen a big rebound once Japan's problems are under control for one it would be a very bad time to sell out now during the panic peroid remember 9/11 within two months the DOW was back in the black

JBmurc
16-03-2011, 12:54 PM
But also remember the market slide wasn't over in two days either. Be careful about any buying you do in the next couple of months. We still have the original bear problems to deal with (oil, middle east, whatever else was going on to trigger original downturn). The black swan may simply have accelerated or worsened the underlying market condition.

Yeah for sure I'm very worried on world credit woes Japanese investors have billions invested in world debt bonds etc US, Europe debt defaults etc may be on the cards sooner--- is why I have the investment in PGM's overall their will be large Quantitative easing packages in motion this year....

There are two ways of looking at quantitative easing. One way is to see it is as an unorthodox tool for loosening monetary policy by intervening in the bond market to hold down long-term interest rates. But that doesn't really do the process justice. A more useful way is to see it as the opening of a golden casket in which are housed billions of tiny money pixies who fly over financial markets sprinkling sparkly confidence dust. Invisible trader elves gather the dust and distribute it to institutional investors. They then take the dust in magic flying sleighs and stuff it down the chimneys of all the good citizens who go out and spend money and stimulate the economy. But it only works if people truly believe. If you don't believe, you won't get any confidence dust this Christmas and your economy will stay in the doldrums.

Entrep
16-03-2011, 01:53 PM
ASX looking helluva lot weaker than US markets and as KW said, what happened to the problems in the ME and who knows what's going to happen around May.