PDA

View Full Version : PAZ Pharma Zen

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

percy
21-02-2020, 02:44 PM
I thought Couta1 said he would not make that same mistake of selling any PAZ again.?.lol.

percy
21-02-2020, 03:48 PM
Pleased to see my friend from Tweed Heads join us.He is a bit of a trend setter,by buying at 32.5 cents.Told him that will look cheap in 18 months time.? [if not another friend lost].lol.

PS.With the NZ dollar weakening,the exchange rate will be great news for PAZ.

Beagle
21-02-2020, 04:07 PM
Good point about the exchange rate Percy. Everyone will be clambering for the good stuff to boost their immunity, no wonder its going gangbusters.

couta1
21-02-2020, 05:49 PM
I thought Couta1 said he would not make that same mistake of selling any PAZ again.?.lol. Not me Percy, Im not the kinda dog that changes his mind with every tail wag. I did make the mistake of letting this bone go once but I have since buried my new one deep under the ground.

Beagle
21-02-2020, 08:00 PM
Not me Percy, Im not the kinda dog that changes his mind with every tail wag. I did make the mistake of letting this bone go once but I have since buried my new one deep under the ground.

I think he knew that mate, he was just pulling your tail.

percy
21-02-2020, 08:19 PM
Yes I was.
Think Couta1's are buried as deep as mine...lol
Actually PAZ is a good currency hedge for his HLG holding.

percy
24-02-2020, 01:36 PM
A little offer at 32.5c now. My bid at 25c slipping further down the list :-(

I think you get them...............at 35 cents.
However, only half of what you want available.?...................................lol.

whatsup
24-02-2020, 01:43 PM
However, only half of what you want available.?...................................lol.

Well done that man !

iceman
24-02-2020, 05:42 PM

Haha. I don't think I will be grabbing them. After my recent sell down on the NZX this is now my largest holding. Content with my current holding, which is miniscule by your standards :-)

percy
24-02-2020, 06:37 PM
Haha. I don't think I will be grabbing them. After my recent sell down on the NZX this is now my largest holding. Content with my current holding, which is miniscule by your standards :-)
Yes ha ha.!!..lol.
My largest holding [by far] too.
I sold out of NPH and SKL to add to our cash holding, because of the uncertainty The Corona Virus is causing,so am delighted to see PAZ hitting new highs.[And some what surprised as there has been no news since August].

whatsup
27-02-2020, 11:28 AM
New ATH of .335 , steady buying atm leading up to its greatly anticipated results release.

Joshuatree
27-02-2020, 12:08 PM
Tried emailing them today but it bounced permanently,anyone else have this prob?

shareholders@pharmazen.co.nz

percy
27-02-2020, 12:30 PM
The company secretary's [Margaret Firth] email address is;
Margaret@waitakibio.co.nz
The CEO's [Craig McIntosh] is craig@waitakibio.co.nz
any trouble with Margaret's try margaret ie lower case m.

Mr Slothbear
27-02-2020, 12:53 PM
I have had several very fruitful emails communications with Craig in the past. He replies very quickly and gives very full well thought answers to questions.

RupertBear
27-02-2020, 04:50 PM
At the risk of sounding like a repetitive Bear can I say once again thank you Percy for drawing my attention to PAZ. I was oblivious to it until you shared your thoughts on it, Very much appreciated :)

whatsup
27-02-2020, 05:02 PM
At the risk of sounding like a repetitive Bear can I say once again thank you Percy for drawing my attention to PAZ. I was oblivious to it until you shared your thoughts on it, Very much appreciated :)

hear hear, and R bear, if you can try and attend this years AGM, Percy will help you if needed Im sure, good Ch-CH man !

RupertBear
27-02-2020, 06:02 PM
hear hear, and R bear, if you can try and attend this years AGM, Percy will help you if needed Im sure, good Ch-CH man !

cheers whatsup, it would be great to meet Percy :)

Joshuatree
27-02-2020, 07:53 PM
Chances are good of a FY result out next week or shortly after.

percy
27-02-2020, 08:02 PM

Thanks for the heads up JT.

iceman
27-02-2020, 08:06 PM

Thanks for that JT. Another week of exciting anticipation :-)

iceman
28-02-2020, 08:59 PM
This one sure has stubbornly ignored the market panic this week. Losing hope of filling my 25c order :-(

Beagle
28-02-2020, 09:09 PM
One of those stocks you'd be happy to own for a decade if the market shut down :-) Sold out of almost everything but keeping this one :t_up:

Joshuatree
29-02-2020, 02:48 PM
S/P has run up from 19c when the half year result came out on 1st aug, now 33.5c thats 75%. Has it got for ahead of itself?

OutlookThe company forecast for year-end pre-tax profit was $2.8m on turnover of $14.5m but has now been revised to $3.9m on turnover of $16.3m.

Beagle
29-02-2020, 03:44 PM
S/P has run up from 19c when the half year result came out on 1st aug, now 33.5c thats 75%. Has it got for ahead of itself?

OutlookThe company forecast for year-end pre-tax profit was $2.8m on turnover of $14.5m but has now been revised to $3.9m on turnover of $16.3m.

We'll find out soon enough. Thankfully there's something left in my portfolio to keep me interested. 95%+ Cash is really boring in one's portfolio especially with auto-sum on one's spreadsheet so you don't even get the joy of counting it any more...https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=daffy+duck+i%27m+rich+i%27m+rich&view=detail&mid=4D5672865C1F28F122834D5672865C1F28F12283&FORM=VIRE

Joshuatree
29-02-2020, 04:27 PM
We will. Forgot to add mkt cap $73.5 mill. (unlisted)
Go easy on the snacks Beagle , boredom can be dangerous:sleep:

percy
29-02-2020, 05:05 PM

Well last May when PAZ's agm was held, the sp was 13 cents,so has gone up 157.7% since then.
The question I ask my self is; will it go up another 157.7% from this May to next May, or will we have to settle for the modest 75%.we have had to settle for since last August?
Then I ask myself how many PAZ would I buy should I win the PowerBall $50mil tonight,keeping in mind it looks like the big seller has few, if any, left to sell.?
What would I pay.?
Maybe I am asking myself to many questions,.?.........lol.

Well one question answered.I did not win the PowerBall.!!

peat
02-03-2020, 10:19 AM
real price no longer 33.5 is it?

bidders at 26, so this stock is not unaffected.
However like most other holders this is true long term stuff for me.

percy
02-03-2020, 10:56 AM
real price no longer 33.5 is it?

bidders at 26, so this stock is not unaffected.
However like most other holders this is true long term stuff for me.

Liquidity has finally become an issue.
Should,heavens forbid, the result be a shocker, we will find the exit doors shut,where upon our thoughts will turn back to that wonderful share market definition of a long term holding.
A short term one that did not work out....lol.
However. I am forever hopeful of a great result, and look forward to the share price passing through 35 cents on its way to 40 cents..

peat
02-03-2020, 11:11 AM
Liquidity has finally become an issue.

definition of a long term holding.
A short term one that did not work out....lol.

I would consider liquidity has always been an issue ;+)

Such a good definition.

I'm not so hopeful of capital gains in the short term myself - these are more caused by money supply and equity demand , but no matter... am confident of management.

percy
03-03-2020, 07:08 AM
PharmaZen Timetable
2 March 2020 General Announcement

Firm: Pharmazen Limited
Security: Pharmazen Ords
The PharmaZen Board of Directors confirm PharmaZen Limited has finalised its 2019 Financial Statement (subject to auditor review and confirmation).
The Company has achieved its full year profit guidance, (provided August 1, 2019) and has exceeded the full year sales guidance of 16.3m.
A summary of the financial results and general business commentary will be released Tuesday, March 24th.
The Company’s Annual General Meeting will be held 25th May 2020 at 12:30pm at the BNZ Partners Business Centre, Christchurch – Ōtautahi Room, ,L4, 111 Cashel Street, Christchurch 8011
Craig L. McIntosh
Director

percy
03-03-2020, 07:19 AM
Plenty of time for all you out of towners to book flights.so as you can attend the agm.
Allow time to get into town. The "percy free uber" will be leaving ChCh airport at 11.35 am and returning from the meeting at 2.20 pm to arrive at the airport at 2.50 pm.
Wonder whether any of you will score the $9 flights.?

Beagle
03-03-2020, 08:59 AM
PharmaZen Timetable

The PharmaZen Board of Directors confirm PharmaZen Limited has finalised its 2019 Financial Statement (subject to auditor review and confirmation).
The Company has achieved its full year profit guidance, (provided August 1, 2019) and has exceeded the full year sales guidance of 16.3m.
A summary of the financial results and general business commentary will be released Tuesday, March 24th.
The Company’s Annual General Meeting will be held 25th May 2020 at 12:30pm at the BNZ Partners Business Centre, Christchurch – Ōtautahi Room, ,L4, 111 Cashel Street, Christchurch 8011
Craig L. McIntosh
Director

Good stuff...that's a real milestone in the growth of this company. Doing what they say they will do, we all love that.

iceman
03-03-2020, 09:24 AM
Plenty of time for all you out of towners to book flights.so as you can attend the agm.
Allow time to get into town. The "percy free uber" will be leaving ChCh airport at 11.35 am and returning from the meeting at 2.20 pm to arrive at the airport at 2.50 pm.
Wonder whether any of you will score the $9 flights.?

Thanks for the offer. Would love to but won't be in the country. I'm sure Beagle will sneak into town on a cheap Jetstar flight :-)
A good result

whatsup
03-03-2020, 09:39 AM
PharmaZen Timetable

Craig L. McIntosh
Director

So that reads of a pre tax of $3.9m or better !?

Beagle
03-03-2020, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the offer. Would love to but won't be in the country. I'm sure Beagle will sneak into town on a cheap Jetstar flight :-)
A good result

LOL Not flying anywhere for the foreseeable future, especially not on JetStar with their sticky dirty seats and armrests who probably only do a once per annum quick spring clean :eek2: I am sure we can rely on Percy to give us the gossip from the meeting.

percy
03-03-2020, 09:53 AM
So that reads of a pre tax of $3.9m or better !?

Yes.
Really pleasing seeing revenue is higher than forecast.
I think making their pre tax forecast must have been a challenge,as I expect "gearing up" would have added a great deal to overheads.
OK the annual report should make good reading,yet the agm presentation and outlook are what I am looking forward to.
For a still small company with so much going on, I think they were very brave with their forecasts, and achieving them is a great credit to them.
The strong financial result,together with the growing momentum,makes for a very exciting future.
I will not guess this coming year's growth rate ,other than to say I expect it will be well over 40%.

percy
03-03-2020, 09:57 AM
LOL Not flying anywhere for the foreseeable future, especially not on JetStar with their sticky dirty seats and armrests who probably only do a once per annum quick spring clean :eek2: I am sure we can rely on Percy to give us the gossip from the meeting.

Well all my note taking last year was a waste of time, as they posted their fantastic presentation on usx.co.nz very quickly.l

I sent Craig an email this morning thanking him for posting their announcement and said I thought it was excellent.
His under stated reply was he was "happy"...lol.

ps.With the way markets are, and with my over weighted position in PAZ,I was was getting a little nervous.So "all good to go"...."happy" too.

stoploss
03-03-2020, 10:06 AM
Yes.
I think making their pre tax forecast must have been a challenge,as I expect "gearing up" would have added a great deal to overheads.
OK the annual report should make good reading,yet the agm presentation and outlook are what I am looking forward to.
For a still small company with so much going on, I think they were very brave with their forecasts, and achieving them is a great credit to them.
The strong financial result,together with the growing momentum,makes for a very exciting future.
I will not guess this coming year's growth rate ,other than to say I expect it will be well over 40%.

Thanks for bringing this stock to our attention Percy will check out flights later on .Pity my other CHCH stock is not doing the same things :angry:

Beagle
03-03-2020, 12:19 PM
Yes.

Yes, agreed 100%. Not easy at all to gear up with staff and overhead for future growth and still grow profit strongly, just ask Julian Cook lol.
Awesome that sales are ahead of forecast which gives great encouragement for the future.

RupertBear
05-03-2020, 07:52 PM
Must say I am tempted to top up ;)

RupertBear
05-03-2020, 09:43 PM
Noooo silly impulsive Bear be happy with what you have :D

percy
06-03-2020, 07:54 AM
From last year's annual report;Directors' report.

"While the company continues to see itself as an ingredient supplier,it has become more and more apparent that product traceability and provenance for ingredient suppliers is a challenge in some markets.
Provenance being -knowing not only who you purchased your product from,but who manufactured it.Where it was manufacturerd and grown,along with traceability are critical drivers of the global food and supplement industry.
We therefore foresee a significant opportunity for a 100% NZ made and NZ sourced product range.
The current growth momentum makes for exciting times as there is no shortage of opportunities to pursue."

I will be looking forward to the outlook statement in this year's annual report,due out on the 24th.

RupertBear.May pay to wait for the outlook statement, before deciding whether to add to your holding or not.Not long to wait.

iceman
06-03-2020, 08:32 AM
From last year's annual report;Directors' report.

"While the company continues to see itself as an ingredient supplier,it has become more and more apparent that product traceability and provenance for ingredient suppliers is a challenge in some markets.
Provenance being -knowing not only who you purchased your product from,but who manufactured it.Where it was manufacturerd and grown,along with traceability are critical drivers of the global food and supplement industry.
We therefore foresee a significant opportunity for a 100% NZ made and NZ sourced product range.
The current growth momentum makes for exciting times as there is no shortage of opportunities to pursue."

I will be looking forward to the outlook statement in this year's annual report,due out on the 24th.

RupertBear.May pay to wait for the outlook statement, before deciding whether to add to your holding or not.Not long to wait.

Agree Percy. As I've stated on another thread, we in the fishing industry are seeing a significant increase in demand for seafood that has not been caught or processed in China or SE Asia. There is no question that one of the potentially lasting results of this very sad Coronavirus will be consumers being much more aware of where their food comes from and how it has been handled, before they buy it.

percy
06-03-2020, 09:23 AM
Agree Percy. As I've stated on another thread, we in the fishing industry are seeing a significant increase in demand for seafood that has not been caught or processed in China or SE Asia. There is no question that one of the potentially lasting results of this very sad Coronavirus will be consumers being much more aware of where their food comes from and how it has been handled, before they buy it.

Tried to add to your reputation with a "we are well positioned",but have to spread it around,which is easier said than done.!..lol.

winner69
10-03-2020, 12:24 PM
not much privacy on that list !!

only a few obviously leveraged holdings.

And you and partner not acquired any more.

peat
10-03-2020, 12:33 PM
And you and partner not acquired any more.

please explain I have no idea what you mean and wonder why you are mentioning me and my partner

winner69
10-03-2020, 12:42 PM
please explain I have no idea what you mean and wonder why you are mentioning me and my partner

Sorry mr peat ...replied to wrong post ...meant to be a reply to the post about the change in top 20 shareholders

percy
10-03-2020, 02:39 PM
Sorry mr peat ...replied to wrong post ...meant to be a reply to the post about the change in top 20 shareholders

W69. Since 26th March 2019 list, my partner has added 149,846 shares to her holding.
I have neither brought or sold any.

winner69
10-03-2020, 02:43 PM
W69. Since 26th March 2019 list, my partner has added 149,846 shares to her holding.
I have neither brought or sold any.

Well done ...you both deserve a front row seat at the ASM and an invite to the Directors lunch

percy
10-03-2020, 02:51 PM
Well done ...you both deserve a front row seat at the ASM and an invite to the Directors lunch

My partner does not do company meetings.
Yes it is a very pleasant informative ASM.Directors are very forthcoming,and friendly.Long time Chairman Max Shepherd stood down last year,and this will be Ken Fergus's first meeting,as Chairman.CEO/director Craig McIntosh gives a great presentation and question time is always interesting.
A nice lunch too.

peat
10-03-2020, 03:01 PM
CEO/director Craig McIntosh

has a fair few
and his Trust has a lot more

percy
10-03-2020, 03:44 PM
has a fair few
and his Trust has a lot more
Yes "well positioned."
As are: current Chairman's holding is Dalmore Trust ,and the previous Chairman remains the largest shareholder.
Second largest shareholding, is director Wayne Burt's.[Friend of the late founder,Howard Paterson].
Howard Paterson's brothers remain large shareholders.
Going down the list you will find other directors, and their families.

RupertBear
10-03-2020, 06:11 PM
My only share that hasnt gone down :t_up:

Baa_Baa
10-03-2020, 07:30 PM
Shocking they publish personal details of all their shareholders, haven't heard of the privacy act?!

Interesting though to do some analysis, tightly held company, might explain lack of liquidity which drags up the SP (sellers market) since being more recently known, thanks to some promotion here. Weird how so many holders have way less than the minimum parcel on Unlisted.

Top Holdings

16.8%

Top 1

31.8%

Top 2

41.3%

Top 3

46.7%

Top 4

50.9%

Top 5

63.6%

Top 10

69.3%

Top 15

73.7%

Top 20

86.0%

Top 50

91.8%

Top 100

8.2%

The other 477

Beagle
10-03-2020, 08:35 PM
Shocking they publish personal details of all their shareholders, haven't heard of the privacy act?!

Interesting though to do some analysis, tightly held company, might explain lack of liquidity which drags up the SP (sellers market) since being more recently known, thanks to some promotion here. Weird how so many holders have way less than the minimum parcel on Unlisted.

Top Holdings

16.8%

Top 1

31.8%

Top 2

41.3%

Top 3

46.7%

Top 4

50.9%

Top 5

63.6%

Top 10

69.3%

Top 15

73.7%

Top 20

86.0%

Top 50

91.8%

Top 100

8.2%

The other 477

Yes it is shocking and there is no need to show a link to it in this thread to make it even more of an invasion of everyone's privacy so perhaps the person who posted it could remove the link please.

Baa_Baa
10-03-2020, 08:42 PM
Not blaming you, just shows amateur hour. Company does a filing with the Companies Office including all shareholders and their personally identifiable information. Companies Office publish it. Go figure, to them it's just a company filing.

I'm pi$$ed off, I might be on that list and these munters submit my personal details and contact information to the Companies Office, and the Companies Office just publish it without question. WTF!

Would never happen with a public properly listed company. Best you can see as non-shareholder is the top 10. Holders can request from the company secretary a shareholders list. Even that doesn't contain identifiable information, except a name. Smart names hide behind a broker or holding company.

Who wants some schmuck to be emailing or mailing them some BS about the company just because some clerk was dumb enough to publish their identifiable information to the Companies Office d1ck_heads who publish it to the open internet.

Beggars belief. Another warning shot across the bows of investing in 'unlisted' companies with no personal protections of their investors personal identifiable information.

Fuming, yes.

percy
10-03-2020, 08:57 PM
I think by law companies must provide a list of directors and shareholders.
Companies listed or unlisted, use either Computer Share or Link Market Services to look after their share registry.
It is the registries that provide the lists of shareholders to The Companies Office.
At any AGM you attend,you are entitled to ask the share registry, to see the shareholders' register.In fact any company you are a shareholder,must let you look at it,if you go to their registered office.
For fun check out some of the trusts,companies that hold shares in either Skyline or Paz. Easy as .Go to the companies office website, and type in the name[ of the trust,and away you go.

Mr Slothbear
10-03-2020, 09:10 PM
Curiously its not showing my holding on the list, bought a few months ago.

bit of fun to have a gander and see a few peoples holdings.

certainly a sellers market and very tightly held, they just drip feed them through.

percy
10-03-2020, 09:15 PM
Curiously its not showing my holding on the list, bought a few months ago.

bit of fun to have a gander and see a few peoples holdings.

certainly a sellers market and very tightly held, they just drip feed them through.

Contact Link Market Services.

Mr Slothbear
10-03-2020, 09:28 PM
Contact Link Market Services.

just logged in to link market and now realise I had more PAZ shares than I thought, turns out I am on the list but was looking in the wrong place, bit silly of me

my link market is saying each shares value is 0.051, I know the price doesn’t update properly on direct broking but is that normal on link market?

percy
11-03-2020, 06:53 AM
just logged in to link market and now realise I had more PAZ shares than I thought, turns out I am on the list but was looking in the wrong place, bit silly of me

my link market is saying each shares value is 0.051, I know the price doesn’t update properly on direct broking but is that normal on link market?

Always check unlisted share prices,quotes,trades, and announcements on www.usx.co.nz
I have no idea why Link quote a 3 year old share price.

winner69
11-03-2020, 07:23 AM
Not blaming you, just shows amateur hour. Company does a filing with the Companies Office including all shareholders and their personally identifiable information. Companies Office publish it. Go figure, to them it's just a company filing.

I'm pi$$ed off, I might be on that list and these munters submit my personal details and contact information to the Companies Office, and the Companies Office just publish it without question. WTF!

Would never happen with a public properly listed company. Best you can see as non-shareholder is the top 10. Holders can request from the company secretary a shareholders list. Even that doesn't contain identifiable information, except a name. Smart names hide behind a broker or holding company.

Who wants some schmuck to be emailing or mailing them some BS about the company just because some clerk was dumb enough to publish their identifiable information to the Companies Office d1ck_heads who publish it to the open internet.

Beggars belief. Another warning shot across the bows of investing in 'unlisted' companies with no personal protections of their investors personal identifiable information.

Fuming, yes.

I sense a letter to the Privacy Commissioner is already on its way .

winner69
11-03-2020, 07:26 AM

Top Holdings

16.8%

Top 1

31.8%

Top 2

41.3%

Top 3

46.7%

Top 4

50.9%

Top 5

63.6%

Top 10

69.3%

Top 15

73.7%

Top 20

86.0%

Top 50

91.8%

Top 100

8.2%

The other 477

That guy listed as owning 50 shares is an interesting character in his own right

percy
11-03-2020, 09:43 AM
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............
Morning everyone.
Everyone happy.?

Beagle
11-03-2020, 10:46 AM
Thank you for editing your post. It was clear quite a number of people here didn't want that link on here for privacy reasons.

RupertBear
11-03-2020, 04:50 PM
I admit I was a little taken aback to see my name AND address AND email address on that list! Removing the link from here however doesnt change the fact that our names and personal details are still on it! :eek2:

Baa_Baa
11-03-2020, 07:58 PM
I sense a letter to the Privacy Commissioner is already on its way .

I am the Privacy Commissioner. Ok, not really the PC, but I do know a lot about it having worked in identity management for some very large high profile organisations (amongst other sins).

One doesn't have to be privacy expert to see this is a blatant invasion of shareholder privacy disclosing personally identifiable information. Someone trying to brush it off by saying shareholders can obtain share registers is nonsense, no share register obtainable through normal channels contains any identifiable information like address and contact email.

Big drop of the ball here. 577 shareholders exposed to some greater or lesser degree. Maybe one in the top 15 doesn't care too much about people knowing their name, address, email. Possibly a lot of others do or would care. Can't just brush this aside, it's an amateur hour error and should be tidied up pronto with an apology to the shareholders.

percy
11-03-2020, 08:34 PM
I think by law companies must provide a list of directors and shareholders.
Companies listed or unlisted, use either Computer Share or Link Market Services to look after their share registry.
It is the registries that provide the lists of shareholders to The Companies Office.
At any AGM you attend,you are entitled to ask the share registry, to see the shareholders' register.In fact any company you are a shareholder,must let you look at it,if you go to their registered office.
For fun check out some of the trusts,companies that hold shares in either Skyline or Paz. Easy as .Go to the companies office website, and type in the name[ of the trust,and away you go.

Any complaints should be taken up with The New Zealand Companies Office [a Govt dept], as this is "public information" obtained from their website.

Baa_Baa
11-03-2020, 08:54 PM
Any complaints should be taken up with The New Zealand Companies Office [a Govt dept], as this is "public information" obtained from their website.

And the Privacy Commissioner, and the FMA. Amateur hour. PAZ screwed up, they need to put this right. Disclosing identifiable information from their shareholder register is unacceptable. End of. Fix it.

percy
11-03-2020, 09:10 PM
And the Privacy Commissioner, and the FMA. Amateur hour. PAZ screwed up, they need to put this right. Disclosing identifiable information from their shareholder register is unacceptable. End of. Fix it.

A little birdie has told me Link Market Services may be the place for you to make your complaint.

Baa_Baa
11-03-2020, 09:18 PM
A little birdie has told me Link Market Services may be the place for you to make your complaint.

Done already, as with the others. Thanks for bringing this unacceptable breach of privacy to our notice.

RupertBear
11-03-2020, 09:54 PM

it isnt just PAZ Baa Baa Skylines shareholder register had peoples personal information listed as well I think...although I dont recall if they had peoples emails....

winner69
12-03-2020, 03:08 AM
Margaret Firth as an Pharmazen authorised person attached that Extensive Shareholder List.

Pharmazen have erred, not Companies Office or Link.

The list from Link that was posted and then deleted was in proper format. Full names and addresses are a requirement.

Margaret did OK but erred badly by not stripping out surplus info like email addresses. Here’s what needed -

Extensive shareholding
If your company has extensive shareholdings, you need to create and upload a separate document listing details of all share allocations and shareholders. This document should also be held as a record on your own share registry. It must include the full legal name and residential address of each shareholder.

percy
12-03-2020, 07:11 AM
"The only beef people could have is the email address - though the companies act doesn't define "address" so arguably could be street or email.

The rest is a function of formatting the data that comes From link Services. And that is a function of how people fill in their name and address details on their Account. "

My "little birdie" sent me the above.

I was "in good faith" updating post #212 page 15, on this thread,posted by some one else..

Thank you W69 for your constructive post.
We are getting there.!

winner69
12-03-2020, 07:36 AM
"The only beef people could have is the email address - though the companies act doesn't define "address" so arguably could be street or email.

The rest is a function of formatting the data that comes From link Services. And that is a function of how people fill in their name and address details on their Account. "

My "little birdie" sent me the above.

I was updating post #212 page 15, on this thread,posted by some one else..

Thank you W69 for your constructive post.
We are getting there.!

Residential addresses in a prescribed format is a requirement. All public info. The Link list you posted seemed pretty proper ...Margarets spreadsheet is a bit of a mess

Margaret at Pharmazen should have been more careful with what she submitted ...like stripping out the non required stuff like email addresses.

I take it Margaret acts as Company Secretary or something.

percy
12-03-2020, 07:52 AM
Residential addresses in a required format is a requirement. All public info. You can see why many use companies / custodial services / trusts and live c/o lawyers and accountants to keep things ‘secret’. Mind you if you form a company you need a full residential address for Shareholders and Directors.

Margaret at Pharmazen should have been more careful with what she submitted ...like stripping out the non required stuff like email addresses.

I take it Margaret acts as Company Secretary or something.

Yes it is easy to see why people use custodial services,lawyers and accountants.However searching The Companies Office, you can find trusts and a lot of information.
Two of my friends, who are PAZ shareholders, found they were not on the list,so some good has come from posting the list.
It looks as though the only beef people can have is the including of email addresses,and that is not 100% clear ,[from what my "little birdie" said.my post #574].
Therefore the Skyline Enterprises list was acceptable.
Margaret at PAZ will get it right,whatever that is.

CROESUS U.T.
15-03-2020, 12:03 PM
I have no problem with full information being shown. Not to derail a thread but recent experience with the Arbor group of forestry companies shows that it is almost impossible to get a list of shareholders from such a company, the trustee company involved, or even through approaches via govt regulatory bodies. Where incompetence or fraud is suspected it is incredibly difficult to get together a group of shareholders to demand answers from management &/or directors, plan concerted action for an AGM, or put together a class action

couta1
17-03-2020, 09:55 AM
Patience has paid off for Iceman and myself, my order went at 26c and some of the iceman's at 25c, cool as.

Mr Slothbear
17-03-2020, 10:09 AM
Patience has paid off for Iceman and myself, my order went at 26c and some of the iceman's at 25c, cool as.

and to think my buy offer at 28c went unfilled 10 days ago or so. Funny how things work out.

Well done, I think those are going to be very good purchases

couta1
17-03-2020, 02:55 PM
and to think my buy offer at 28c went unfilled 10 days ago or so. Funny how things work out.

Well done, I think those are going to be very good purchases Got some more at 25.1c, sorry Iceman stopped the last bit of your order getting filled but at least your avg buy is lower than mine.:cool:

iceman
18-03-2020, 06:27 PM
Got some more at 25.1c, sorry Iceman stopped the last bit of your order getting filled but at least your avg buy is lower than mine.:cool:

Don't mind sharing mate. Got it filled today. Been sitting there for a long time and after a lot of pondering I decided to keep it there and now I got them. For better or for worse. This one is bottom drawer investment for me.

whatsup
18-03-2020, 07:22 PM
Don't mind sharing mate. Got it filled today. Been sitting there for a long time and after a lot of pondering I decided to keep it there and now I got them. For better or for worse. This one is bottom drawer investment for me.

A very good buying decision, you may chose to add to your investment once this years announcement is released, well done.

iceman
19-03-2020, 07:23 AM
A very good buying decision, you may chose to add to your investment once this years announcement is released, well done.

With the selling in the last few weeks on the NZX, PAZ has now become my largest shareholding on the NZ market, by quite a margin. So not sure it would be wise for me to add much more. But I'm sure couta1 will tell me off for holding that view :-)

It will be interesting to see the outlook when we get it even through clearly it is difficult for any company to accurately forecast anything right now. But the huge and ongoing drop in the NZD/USD rate is very good for PAZ

Mr Slothbear
20-03-2020, 02:36 PM
Wow some very hefty volume committed at 25 cents.

I believe the new chemist warehouse will be opening in southcity, christchurch in a month or so and should hopefully be stocking the full aiora range

Beagle
20-03-2020, 03:28 PM
21 cents...hmmm...Percy has gone very quiet.

percy
20-03-2020, 03:51 PM
Nothing to say until Tuesday.
Not sure whether am or pm.
Then hopefully you will not be able to shut me up.!
In the meantime the weaker NZ dollar is working well for us.

Mr Slothbear
20-03-2020, 03:59 PM
21 cents...hmmm...Percy has gone very quiet.

Probably busy buying.

Highly quality ingrediants and health supplements should see a big surge in demand this year and is a good opportunity for people to discover the brand.

percy
20-03-2020, 04:38 PM
Probably busy buying.

Highly quality ingrediants and health supplements should see a big surge in demand this year and is a good opportunity for people to discover the brand.

Neither a buyer or a seller.
We have what we want.
I agree with you. and think we are in the right business,in the right sector, at the right time.
Could be said we are "well positioned,"

couta1
20-03-2020, 05:45 PM
Neither a buyer or a seller.
We have what we want.
I agree with you. and think we are in the right business,in the right sector, at the right time.
Could be said we are "well positioned," Wow I cant believe it, I just checked my PAZ order at 22c thinking it was a pipe dream and it got filled and then went to 21c(Must be a dream) I think I'm getting well positioned and breaking into the top 50, but still only a minnow compared to Percy.

Beagle
22-03-2020, 10:33 AM
Thought it might be an idea to revisit the numbers and crunch them again this morning.
August 2019 they forecast $3.9m before tax profit on $16.3m sales = after tax profit of $2.81m assuming full company tax rate of 28% which on 218.8m shares gives eps of 1.284 cps.
They confirmed earlier this month they had met this forecast net profit and importantly, (exceeded the sales) for the year.

The exceeded the sales is very important because its a clue to higher profits going forward, most especially, (and lets not forget this), because new brands were introduced mid way and very late in the 2019 year respectively) and we will get the full 12 month effect of those new brand sales in 2020, (and now at much more advantageous exchange rates). When you factor that in with the fact that sales beat forecast for the second half of 2019 the prospects ahead look very good.

Historic PE is now 21/1.284 = only 16.4 (I was very surprised it was this low so double checked my numbers), against a market that even with the strong correction of late probably has a historic market PE in the very late 20's. This metric is not much more than half the market but for a company growing very strongly indeed.

By my calculations eps will slightly more than double when announced on Tuesday and is set to grow strongly in 2020. Critical mass has also now been achieved for a main board listing at some stage in the future in my opinion.

percy
22-03-2020, 11:22 AM
Thought it might be an idea to revisit the numbers and crunch them again this morning.
August 2019 they forecast $3.9m before tax profit on $16.3m sales = after tax profit of $2.81m assuming full company tax rate of 28% which on 218.8m shares gives eps of 1.284 cps.
They confirmed earlier this month they had met this forecast net profit and importantly, (exceeded the sales) for the year.

The exceeded the sales is very important because its a clue to higher profits going forward, most especially, (and lets not forget this), because new brands were introduced mid way and very late in the 2019 year respectively) and we will get the full 12 month effect of those new brand sales in 2020, (and now at much more advantageous exchange rates). When you factor that in with the fact that sales beat forecast for the second half of 2019 the prospects ahead look very good.

Historic PE is now 21/1.284 = only 16.4 (I was very surprised it was this low so double checked my numbers), against a market that even with the strong correction of late probably has a historic market PE in the very late 20's. This metric is not much more than half the market but for a company growing very strongly indeed.

By my calculations eps will slightly more than double when announced on Tuesday and is set to grow strongly in 2020. Critical mass has also now been achieved for a main board listing at some stage in the future in my opinion.

Excellent analysis.
Good work and timely.

iceman
22-03-2020, 04:58 PM
Excellent analysis.
Good work and timely.

I second that. Good post by Beagle. With forecasted sales exceeded, new product range in the market, confirmed meeting of current profit forecast and the much lower NZD/USD fx rate, we are indeed well positioned.

RupertBear
22-03-2020, 05:31 PM

Yes excellent post thanks Mr Beagle

Mr Slothbear
22-03-2020, 07:20 PM

Good post Beagle.

I have run my numbers and drawn very similar conclusions.

note also chemist warehouse is the main stockist of their new brands and they are also rapidly expanding giving more opportunity for people to experience aiora and the 5th quarter.

iceman
24-03-2020, 03:55 AM
So we now know they have exceeded both NPBT and revenue. NPBT confirmed of 4.014m (up 124%) and revenue of 17.317m (up 38%). This has also exceeded their August19 forecast and confirmed/bettered the confirmation earlier this month of meeting profit forecast on sales exceeding that forecast. Nice to see them do as they say eh Percy !!
This is a very good and encouraging result and the future shaping up to be great with good underlying sales and profit and new product range fully in the market. The Chairman then adds "we would expect demand to increase even further as people become more concerned
about health issues with the Covid-19 pandemic."

https://www.usx.co.nz/uploads/paperclip/documents/1972/original/Press_Release_-_Record_Performance_-_23_March_2020.pdf?1584940390

percy
24-03-2020, 07:10 AM
So we now know they have exceeded both NPBT and revenue. NPBT confirmed of 4.014m (up 124%) and revenue of 17.317m (up 38%). This has also exceeded their August19 forecast and confirmed/bettered the confirmation earlier this month of meeting profit forecast on sales exceeding that forecast. Nice to see them do as they say eh Percy !!
This is a very good and encouraging result and 2020 shaping up to be a great year with good underlying sales and profit and new product range fully in the market. The Chairman then adds "we would expect demand to increase even further as people become more concerned
about health issues with the Covid-19 pandemic."

https://www.usx.co.nz/uploads/paperclip/documents/1972/original/Press_Release_-_Record_Performance_-_23_March_2020.pdf?1584940390

Very pleasing.Thanks for posting.

percy
24-03-2020, 09:46 AM
Very pleasing,as is their response to CoronaVirus.

PharmaZen Limited – COVID 19 Update
The announcement March 23, 2020 that the country is transitioning to a Level 4 Alert will mean that the company will need to close operations for the period of time designated.
It is clearly a significant disruption for the business and our customers however we fully understand and support the government’s response to what is a significant and unprecedented event.
As an employer the health and welfare of our staff is always our priority and in this instance the responsibility extends to the wider community.
We are fortunate to be in an exceptionally strong position after the record 2019 result which has been followed by our strongest first quarter.
As a provider of nutritional supplement ingredients, we tend to see demand increase significantly in the event of economic downturns and of course health scares. The current situation is no different and while it is frustrating to lose some momentum, the products we provide are unique and there will be significant pent up demand upon re-opening.
It is for this reason we do not envisage layoffs as we seek to retain our highly trained work force and intend to continue with the planned capital expansion – albeit somewhat delayed.
We will continue to keep shareholders updated as information available

percy
11-04-2020, 10:00 AM
https://www.usx.co.nz/uploads/paperclip/documents/1987/original/Covid19_-_Update_-_09_-04_2020.pdf?1586420194

Positive.
Well done Craig and the team.
Stay safe.

Beagle
11-04-2020, 04:22 PM
Excellent news.

whatsup
12-04-2020, 04:48 PM
Good news well done all.

percy
15-04-2020, 01:15 PM
Added to the wife's holding today,buying 50,000 at 25 cents.

iceman
15-04-2020, 07:42 PM

The way you and wife are going we may see a takeover offer soon :-)

Ecks
15-04-2020, 07:50 PM

Just saw your trade for $12.5k on the USX, well done

Mr Slothbear
21-04-2020, 11:10 AM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/117542790/sanford-says-20m-marine-extract-facility-will-create-30-jobs-in-marlborough?rm=m

someone posted this in the Sanford thread, reposting it here as very relevant to Pharmazen. Basically Sanford moving in and increasing competition.

Beagle
21-04-2020, 11:19 AM
More competition doesn't seem to have done any harm to ATM, in fact quite the opposite. There must be hundreds of millions of baby boomers worldwide starting to have issues with their joints with inflammation, pain and swelling that would benefit from these type of products. The total addressable market is almost infinite in size.

percy
21-04-2020, 11:42 AM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/117542790/sanford-says-20m-marine-extract-facility-will-create-30-jobs-in-marlborough?rm=m

someone posted this in the Sanford thread, reposting it here as very relevant to Pharmazen. Basically Sanford moving in and increasing competition.

Yes a good fit for Sanford.I see a bright future for both companies in this sector.
You will note PAZ's product range includes "
Greenshell mussel oil.
Greenshell mussel powder,
Shark cartilage powder.
Krill oil.
So about the same capabilities as Sanford's plant.
However PAZ also do;
bone products.
Freeze drying.
Blackcurrant extract.
Kiwifruit powder.

In fact PAZ can extract/freeze dry/grind etc from any animal,fruit or vegetable...

Love watching PAZ quotes on unlisted.
Currently there is a seller of 60,000 at 26 cents.
Buyers are lining up;
50,000 at 25
100,000 at 25
100,000 at 25.1
20,000 at 25.2
20,000 at 25.5.

Update.
Some astute buyer went ahead of all the bidders and brought the 60,000 at 26 cents..

airedale
21-04-2020, 01:20 PM
Hi Percy, I have an inflammatory joint pain problem and will try the Pharmazen products, if successful it may be worth a small punt. I note that it was a Howard Paterson start-up some years ago.

percy
21-04-2020, 03:08 PM
Hi airedale.
Go to www.chemistwarehouse.co.nz
in the search for products, enter Aiora.
Two products for you to consider.;Aiora bone & joint,
or Aiora joint health[greenshell mussel powder].
Trust either works for you.
Yes Howard Paterson was the founder.His brothers are still shareholders,while his friend who helped him with A2 milk,Dr.Wayne Burt, is a director.

peat
21-04-2020, 03:15 PM
Its a shame what happened to Promisia and their joint relief product Arthrem. I'd heard good stuff about that for tennis elbow. But Promisia have changed tack now .........
But the reason I post is to highlight regulatory risk. Although in Promisia's case that was exacerbated by single product risk. (Just like PRC for those who remember, single mine risk)

PAZ has a good range of products and as Percy says can use its assets to make quite different stuff.

airedale
21-04-2020, 08:14 PM
Thanks Percy

percy
21-04-2020, 08:18 PM
Thanks Percy

Just going to give you another link.
https://www.aioranz.com/product/joint-health/

Sideshow Bob
21-04-2020, 09:00 PM

The article has a link back to the original purchase of Enzaq, and the key of green-lipped mussels is supply - that is why the owners sold to Sanford. Sanford obviously have capital and expanded the Enzaq business already.

There are other companies like Aroma doing (freeze-dried) mussel powder and other marine products. They have their own raw material supply.

Given the situation in the Sounds, and basically no expansion of mussel farming, then supply seems to be the key for that particular product.

percy
21-04-2020, 09:05 PM
PAZ have told me they have no supply problems with mussels,kiwi fruit , blackcurrants,or any other product.

iceman
22-04-2020, 07:11 AM
Yes a good fit for Sanford.I see a bright future for both companies in this sector.
You will note PAZ's product range includes "
Greenshell mussel oil.
Greenshell mussel powder,
Shark cartilage powder.
Krill oil.
So about the same capabilities as Sanford's plant.
However PAZ also do;
bone products.
Freeze drying.
Blackcurrant extract.
Kiwifruit powder.

In fact PAZ can extract/freeze dry/grind etc from any animal,fruit or vegetable...

Love watching PAZ quotes on unlisted.
Currently there is a seller of 60,000 at 26 cents.
Buyers are lining up;
50,000 at 25
100,000 at 25
100,000 at 25.1
20,000 at 25.2
20,000 at 25.5.

Update.
Some astute buyer went ahead of all the bidders and brought the 60,000 at 26 cents..

Maybe it was Mrs Percy being quick and astute while she saw you typing this long email :-)

Sideshow Bob
22-04-2020, 07:19 AM
PAZ have told me they have no supply problems with mussels,kiwi fruit , blackcurrants,or any other product.

Thanks Percy. I guess for companies like Sanford/Enzaq mussels are 100% of their business where for PAZ they have a suite of products and more diversified.

percy
22-04-2020, 07:59 AM
Thanks Percy. I guess for companies like Sanford/Enzaq mussels are 100% of their business where for PAZ they have a suite of products and more diversified.

They have never had an issue with mussels.I think there was a shortage a couple of years ago.I spoke to PAZ's CEO at the time,and he told me they were sourcing all they required ,no problem.
Not an issue but while they had their existing extraction plant tied up doing marine oil,and were waiting to get their second plant up and running, they had to freeze blackcurrants,until the plant was ready.
Extraction produced products are very high margin for them.
Basically all the new plant takes them from being commodity producer up to; GMP[good manufacturing practice] certification-Approved to manufacture an " Active pharmaceutical ingredient" under ""Licence to manufacture medicines"" authorised by Medsafe [New Zealand medicines and medical devices safety authority."
So gone from commodity to pharmaceutical,from the lowest to the highest.All the way up the chain the margins increase dramactically.

Iceman.No was not her,although a year or two ago, when she found out I had twice as many as her, there was trouble in the camp,therefore since then I have only been allowed to add to her holding..lol.

Arthur
22-04-2020, 11:14 AM
Maybe when Sea Dragon goes belly up PAZ can buy their assets.

whatsup
22-04-2020, 12:03 PM
Maybe when Sea Dragon goes belly up PAZ can buy their assets.

IMHO, There will be none they are well mortgaged .

Beagle
22-04-2020, 01:20 PM
They have never had an issue with mussels.I think there was a shortage a couple of years ago.I spoke to PAZ's CEO at the time,and he told me they were sourcing all they required ,no problem.
Not an issue but while they had their existing extraction plant tied up doing marine oil,and were waiting to get their second plant up and running, they had to freeze blackcurrants,until the plant was ready.
Extraction produced products are very high margin for them.
Basically all the new plant takes them from being commodity producer up to; GMP[good manufacturing practice] certification-Approved to manufacture an " Active pharmaceutical ingredient" under ""Licence to manufacture medicines"" authorised by Medsafe [New Zealand medicines and medical devices safety authority."
So gone from commodity to pharmaceutical,from the lowest to the highest.All the way up the chain the margins increase dramactically.

Iceman.No was not her,although a year or two ago, when she found out I had twice as many as her, there was trouble in the camp,therefore since then I have only been allowed to add to her holding..lol.

Can't help wondering if they grind up Deer's antlers whether that might put some more lead in one's pencil, and if so that could be a strong seller ;)

percy
22-04-2020, 01:57 PM
Can't help wondering if they grind up Deer's antlers whether that might put some more lead in one's pencil, and if so that could be a strong seller ;)

Great idea.
Would send the share price over $5.00.
Bring it on.or should that be bring it up.?.!..lol.
Worth a mention at the agm.

airedale
22-04-2020, 02:47 PM
Just going to give you another link.
https://www.aioranz.com/product/joint-health/
Thanks Percy, my home made clinical trial will begin when the postman delivers. In an earlier post Peat mentioned Promisia and Arthrem. I had tried it but did not find it helpful.

percy
22-04-2020, 02:59 PM
Thanks Percy, my home made clinical trial will begin when the postman delivers. In an earlier post Peat mentioned Promisia and Arthrem. I had tried it but did not find it helpful.

Look forward to your comments.
Have you tried Glucosamine.?

Southern Lad
22-04-2020, 05:43 PM
Annual report now available

https://www.usx.co.nz/uploads/paperclip/documents/1997/original/FY19_PharmaZen_Limited_Annual_Report.pdf?158753566 5

percy
22-04-2020, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the link.
The fun continues.
"Accordingly, we will continue with the next phase of our capital
expansion program which will see up to $8 million invested
in key projects over the next year to provide additional
capacity and bring new products to market. They will be
funded from a combination of operating cash flow and bank
debt.
Once fully operational, these projects are expected to provide
a strong return on investment and positive ongoing margin
contributions."
Another huge freeze drier included..
"PharmaZen is now firmly established on a cash-positive
growth path, with increasing demand being well supported
by efficient, quality manufacturing. This momentum places
the Company in an excellent position to look further ahead
and capture future growth opportunities as they arise. We are
moving forward with considerable optimism."

airedale
22-04-2020, 08:29 PM
Glucosamine did not help either. Voltaren helps but I am trying to cut down on that.

Mr Slothbear
22-04-2020, 09:16 PM

https://www.usx.co.nz/uploads/paperclip/documents/1997/original/FY19_PharmaZen_Limited_Annual_Report.pdf?158753566 5

thanks and also to Percy. I have tried to rep you several times but I’m told I must spread reputation before I can give it again.

The report makes for some great reading

Alao curious if anyone knows much about the new CFO who previously worked at SLI systems

Beagle
23-04-2020, 10:01 AM
Bean counters are notorious for concentrating on cash flow, (and with good reason as this is the lifeblood of any business).
A real highlight for me on my first real quick skim read this morning (of the many encouraging aspects of the growth of this company) is the near tripling of cash flow ! This augers extremely well for the future.

I am favourably inclined to add more. Historic PE at 26 cents is 19.8 and this company is growing at a cracking pace, this year assisted by tailwinds from the currency and a full year sales effect of the recently launched Aiora range. Things will really be humming when they launch their new brand "5th quarter" which is quite an interesting brand name.

whatsup
23-04-2020, 10:24 AM

Lets hope that it is posted out to S Hers, reading it on the web does not do it for me !

peat
23-04-2020, 11:48 AM
I noted current assets consisted largely of receivables and cash on hand was down (this was eoy2019 so way before CV19) it just looked a little stretched to me in terms of the quality of the current ratio.

percy
23-04-2020, 12:06 PM
Lets hope that it is posted out to S Hers, reading it on the web does not do it for me !
Did it for me.
I have not been able to stop my juices flowing.?.lol.

percy
23-04-2020, 12:08 PM
I noted current assets consisted largely of receivables and cash on hand was down (this was eoy2019 so way before CV19) it just looked a little stretched to me in terms of the quality of the current ratio.

At balance date their bank overdraft was $483,592 according to note 10.
The overdraft limit is $1,750,000 so plenty of wriggle room.

iceman
23-04-2020, 08:16 PM

Maybe invest in a $50 printer if thatīs the case !!! I think companies should stop printing and sending out Annual Reports and actually thought many had, but donīt know as I selected electronic only a long time ago !

percy
23-04-2020, 08:26 PM
I don't think printers have been allowed to open during lock down, so no hard copy annual reports at present.
Wife is missing her magazines.Took her for two walks today.Love the Teddy Bears in windows.House down the street dress up their Teddy Bear,fisherman one time,rock and roll star with guitar,and now a Doctor with all the gear.

stoploss
23-04-2020, 08:45 PM

If its not posted you could do the following , just got the notice of the AGM to be held online ( Percy cancel that taxi !!)

New regulations were introduced that change the way we communicate with our shareholders regarding Annual and Interim Reports. As a result,any previous instructions you have provided regarding your choice to receive printed or emailed copy of the Annual Report no longer apply.If you still wish to receive, free of charge, at any time, a printed copy of the 2019 Annual Report, or any future Annual Reports, you may requestthat by updating your communication preference by sending an email to operation@linkmarketservices.com (please use “PAZ Annual Report” asyour subject of your email).

whatsup
23-04-2020, 09:01 PM
Maybe invest in a $50 printer if thatīs the case !!! I think companies should stop printing and sending out Annual Reports and actually thought many had, but donīt know as I selected electronic only a long time ago !

icy, something about a bound annual report that I like, ps I have two Brother printers at present but posted company copies are the real thing imho.

Mr Slothbear
23-04-2020, 10:53 PM
When it comes to reports much easier to get a tablet.

Easy to have all the annual reports with you wherever you go and don’t take up any space. Can read in comfort and no need to wait for them to be sent out.

Isn’t the AGM not till September? Seems quite early to deem it online only?

stoploss
23-04-2020, 10:59 PM
When it comes to reports much easier to get a tablet.

Easy to have all the annual reports with you wherever you go and don’t take up any space. Can read in comfort and no need to wait for them to be sent out.

Isn’t the AGM not till September? Seems quite early to deem it online only?
Monday 25 May 12.30

Mr Slothbear
24-04-2020, 08:37 AM
Monday 25 May 12.30

ah right, thanks :) I didn’t see it in the report or on the USX website. Where abouts was it posted?

Also I have a family member who put an order in for 30k shares but only around half the order was filled and wondering how that works with the 20k minimum holding. Especially if no sellers at a reasonable price?

stoploss
24-04-2020, 08:41 AM
ah right, thanks :) I didn’t see it in the report or on the USX website. Where abouts was it posted?

Also I have a family member who put an order in for 30k shares but only around half the order was filled and wondering how that works with the 20k minimum holding. Especially if no sellers at a reasonable price?
They emailed me as a shareholder.
Not sure about your situation re the min holding ,maybe someone on here with bucket loads will sort you out with a transfer of 5 K at a decent price ....

iceman
24-04-2020, 09:11 AM
Well someone has come in this morning and scooped up the lot at 28c. Now no live offers

whatsup
24-04-2020, 10:12 AM
I would have liked to attend the AGM, but who knows the world may have changed by then !

percy
24-04-2020, 10:45 AM
Percy, What is Howard----- sir name, is his family still involved in PAZ ?

Howard Paterson was one of the founders.
His brothers are still large shareholders.
His friend,who helped him with A2 milk,Dr.Wayne Burt is the second largest shareholder, and a director.
https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj_npCP3f_oAhXEYysKHZI1BTAQFjAAegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propertyobserver.com.au%2Ffo rward-planning%2Fadvice-and-hot-topics%2Ftrophy-homes%2F49505-jan-15-trophy-home-inside-the-52-million-villa-igiea-vaucluse-the-2015-runner-up-trophy-home-sale.html&usg=AOvVaw0s4mPKwQq4Q4R2nl9IsshM
https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=17&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj_npCP3f_oAhXEYysKHZI1BTAQFjAQegQIBxAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sharechat.co.nz%2Farticle%2Fb 88ff1f0%2Finternational-banker-takes-on-a2.html&usg=AOvVaw2Dq0cbsONdd88Hsy00ML-1

Beagle
24-04-2020, 12:31 PM
Mr Market seems to like the information in the annual report.

iceman
24-04-2020, 07:37 PM
Mr Market seems to like the information in the annual report.

Thatīs not surprising. It is a great read :-)

Beagle
26-04-2020, 05:32 PM
Thatīs not surprising. It is a great read :-)

Important to take a "dogged" approach to holding these ones long term :) https://www.waitakibio.com/animal-nutrition/

percy
26-04-2020, 07:46 PM

Just stick with the "Freeze dried animal glandulars" in the meantime.........................?
Wonder whether it is demand for freeze dried animal glands that has prompted PAZ to order their second huge freeze drier.?

Beagle
26-04-2020, 07:56 PM
Just stick with the "Freeze dried animal glandulars" in the meantime.........................?

LOL Not sure I'm game for that mate but seriously there's been stories doing the rounds about deer velvet for quite a while now. https://www.velvet.org.nz/health-benefits
Seriously, this could be a great new thing for PAZ. Grind it up, encapsulate it and I'll be the Guinea pig !

https://www.velvet.org.nz/sites/default/files/field/file_attachment/Pet%20owner%20information.pdf Ongoing annual compound growth in pet health spending is very strong, ask Ebos, (because pets never tell you they're sick of you in lockdown). Not called man's best friend for no good reason !

I'll leave you to bring it to their attention, rumour has it you have a strong vested interest in their success :D

percy
26-04-2020, 08:25 PM
[url]
I'll leave you to bring it to their attention, rumour has it you have a strong vested interest in their success :D

Well I can tell you the strong vested interest has not come from sampling Freeze dried animal glandulars.[yet]..lol

Beagle
12-05-2020, 08:07 PM
Bid 28, no stock on offer, again. Lack of liquidity is kind of annoying as I watch the volume that BlIS trade in every day, that have a lower EBITDA.

Here's a real conversation starter that I have been keeping to myself for a couple of weeks. I compared the EBITDA multiple of BLIS with PAZ, noting PAZ is growing both their top line sales and EDITDA faster that BLIS and if PAZ were trading on the same EBITDA multiple as Blis, (this comparison was done when Blis were 8 cents) fair value for PAZ if listed on the main board would be...wait for it and this is definitely not a typo, $1.35 !!

Now Blis is 9.4 cents fair value for PAZ is $1.59 on a comparative basis. Right after I did this comparative I hoovered up the 50,000 at 30 cents that went through a while back. Anyone like to put some more up at 30 cents for sale and see what happens ?

Its time for PAZ to list on the NZX. Shareholders deserve the vastly better liquidity and to see their shares valued more appropriately. I hope the Directors act on this sooner rather than later.

peat
12-05-2020, 08:43 PM
you are not exactly encouraging folks to sell theirs are you?
bidders can show their hand too you know. who knows what might happen at 40 or 50c

Beagle
12-05-2020, 09:01 PM
Lets see what they have to say at the annual meeting.

RTM
12-05-2020, 09:06 PM
Wonder whether it is demand for freeze dried animal glands that has prompted PAZ to order their second huge freeze drier.?

So it could correlate with an aging population ?
Hmmmmmm....self serve at Oceania ?

iceman
12-05-2020, 09:12 PM
Beagle I would say the huge majority of holders in PAZ are happy to stay on the Unlisted for awhile longer. I also suspect they are more interested in the daily production numbers than the daily SP fluctuations !!
But agree and look forward to a NZX listing, eventually.

stoploss
12-05-2020, 09:39 PM
Bid 28, no stock on offer, again. Lack of liquidity is kind of annoying as I watch the volume that BlIS trade in every day, that have a lower EBITDA.

Here's a real conversation starter that I have been keeping to myself for a couple of weeks. I compared the EBITDA multiple of BLIS with PAZ, noting PAZ is growing both their top line sales and EDITDA faster that BLIS and if PAZ were trading on the same EBITDA multiple as Blis, (this comparison was done when Blis were 8 cents) fair value for PAZ if listed on the main board would be...wait for it and this is definitely not a typo, $1.35 !!

Now Blis is 9.4 cents fair value for PAZ is $1.59 on a comparative basis. Right after I did this comparative I hoovered up the 50,000 at 30 cents that went through a while back. Anyone like to put some more up at 30 cents for sale and see what happens ?

Its time for PAZ to list on the NZX. Shareholders deserve the vastly better liquidity and to see their shares valued more appropriately. I hope the Directors act on this sooner rather than later.
I think what you are saying , is that Sharsies should have access to the unlisted market ?

percy
13-05-2020, 07:44 AM
Confession.
I did not post between 19-01-2017 and 12-09-2017 as I was steadily buying.
Being such and illiquid stock, it has taken me years to reach the number I wanted.
When I reached that number, I decided to double my holding.!!
This has now been achieved, and the number the wife and I hold, means we are either "buggered" ,or "well positioned."
With my history of being "well positioned", I am sure this is the case with PAZ..
\

Funny reading my old post, posted on 14-09-2017.
Looking forward to the agm on the 25th.
Should be positive and their outlook should be exciting.

Beagle
13-05-2020, 09:29 AM
Beagle I would say the huge majority of holders in PAZ are happy to stay on the Unlisted for awhile longer. I also suspect they are more interested in the daily production numbers than the daily SP fluctuations !!
But agree and look forward to a NZX listing, eventually.

You're probably right. I was bored last night and its been as quiet as a morgue in here lately so I did a big bark to stir up some controversy. Simple as that.

percy
13-05-2020, 10:00 AM
You're probably right. I was bored last night and its been as quiet as a morgue in here lately so I did a big bark to stir up some controversy. Simple as that.

Controversy.?
Never on this thread.
We all agree with you...lol.
Whole lot on new numbers coming up to keep you busy on the 25th.

whatsup
14-05-2020, 11:52 AM
New ATH @ .34 !!, I wonder if the moving to the NZX is on the agenda any time soon, Percy your a Ch-Ch insider, can you get the weeze on that ?

percy
14-05-2020, 12:23 PM
Listing would cost a great deal.Today I looked at a small Aussie listed company ,which disclosed the following costs.[Note Aussie dollars.]
Listing compliance, and corporate costs.$1,022,000
Expenses of the offer..............................$859,000.
Total Aussie dollars.............................$1,881,000
Now I do not know what on going listing costs would be, but lets say $1mil a year.

PAZ will be spending $8mil on further expansion this year including another huge freeze drier.The last freeze drier was installed under 2 years ago, and was the biggest in Australasia.
This $8mil is being funded from retained earnings and increased bank debt.So paying out nearly $2mil to list does not seem likely.
So at this stage they do not require further capital,so no need for a NZX listing/capital raise..
The other thing we must remember is the directors and large shareholders will not want to see their holdings diluted until they see the market fully valuing the company.
Perhaps once this latest $8mil of capital is fully generating revenue , we may ourselves be able to come up with a more realistic value.
They are not spending $8mil to generate $2mil of sales.
The agm outlook projections are going to be rather interesting/exciting,and I am sure it will make the buyer today, at 34 cents, look very astute..

whatsup
14-05-2020, 12:41 PM
Listing would cost a great deal.Today I looked at a small Aussie listed company ,which disclosed the following costs.[Note Aussie dollars.]
Now I do not know what on going listing costs would be, but lets say $1mil a year.

PAZ will be spending $8mil on further expansion this year including another huge freeze drier.The last freeze drier was installed under 2 years ago, and was the biggest in Australasia.
This $8mil is being funded from retained earnings and increased bank debt.So paying out nearly $2mil to list does not seem likely.
So at this stage they do not require further capital,so no need for a NZX listing/capital raise..
The other thing we must remember is the directors and large shareholders will not want to see their holdings diluted until they see the market fully valuing the company.
Perhaps once this latest $8mil of capital is fully generating revenue , we may ourselves be able to come up with a more realistic value.
The agm outlook projections are going to be rather interesting/exciting,and I am sure it will make the buyer today, at 34 cents, look very astute..

Hmmmmmmmm !

mfd
14-05-2020, 12:50 PM
Quite happy for the company to stay on the usx for now - makes me less likely to be tempted to nibble at my holding. The enforced bottom draw is useful for me.

Beagle
14-05-2020, 04:26 PM
Quite happy for the company to stay on the usx for now - makes me less likely to be tempted to nibble at my holding. The enforced bottom draw is useful for me.

Good point, more liquidity is not always a good thing.

iceman
14-05-2020, 04:32 PM

A very good summary thank you Percy

percy
14-05-2020, 04:51 PM
Liquidity on Unlisted.
Over the past year the following is of interest to us.
REL.Rural Equities .1,07% of their issued number of shares were traded,
SYF Syft................4.3% ""...."......"..."........."......"..."....."...."..."....
SEL.Skyline Ent......5.13% "......."........"............"......."......"...""
PAZ........................11%..of their issued number of shares were traded.In fact a total of 24,144,230 shares were traded.
Why so many.?........Answer. A major shareholder,who was a former director, who was against spending the big amount of capital,decided to either sell out or sell down his holding, which was at 26/9/2018 .19,114,068.

Beagle
14-05-2020, 05:16 PM
Thanks Percy. I wish he had a few left to sell or anyone else for that matter, I am not fussy
I knew it was a longshot but I even tried ringing Couta1 again lol...(Sorry Coutts me ol mate, I couldn't resist)

Joshuatree
14-05-2020, 07:25 PM
Hey did you get mine ? i sold half re 4th feb or thereabouts in my big selldown due to covid concerns. Happily free carried and watching from the side for the time being. this is one of a very few stocks im happy to hold through this developing global recession.

iceman
15-05-2020, 08:47 AM
I note my trading notes from Direct Broking show the code for Pharmazen being PZL and always have. Same in the online portfolio on their website. No problems except when I try to email them through to Sharesight, it won't recognise the code so they have to be manually entered. Are those of you using different brokers also experiencing this ?

percy
15-05-2020, 10:39 AM
I note my trading notes from Direct Broking show the code for Pharmazen being PZL and always have. Same in the online portfolio on their website. No problems except when I try to email them through to Sharesight, it won't recognise the code so they have to be manually entered. Are those of you using different brokers also experiencing this ?

Craigs now use PAZ but they used to use PZLUL.
On checking that out, I note PAZ were 6 cents on 3/5/2018 on my holding report from Craigs,and my holding remains the same today.The extra shares I have brought have been in the wife's account.
Wonder whether the next two years will be better.?...lol.

Beagle
15-05-2020, 10:40 AM
Hey did you get mine ? i sold half re 4th feb or thereabouts in my big selldown due to covid concerns. Happily free carried and watching from the side for the time being. this is one of a very few stocks im happy to hold through this developing global recession.

No, I liquidated a lot of stocks in January and February, (PAZ wasn't one of them).

Mr Slothbear
15-05-2020, 11:21 AM

Yes, in direct broking they're listed as PZL and do not update in the portfolio section. All USX trades have to be done 100% manually via directbroking.

iceman
15-05-2020, 07:16 PM
Yes, in direct broking they're listed as PZL and do not update in the portfolio section. All USX trades have to be done 100% manually via directbroking.

Itīs the same with Shareight, SP on USX instruments do not update automatically. I have been communicating with Sharesight about this and to be honest, I think this issue is too small for them to worry about. Iīve suggested to both them and DB that they go through at the end of each month and update prices on the USX. DB did so once after I talked to them and raised it on their website from 15c to 28c where it has been ever since, but at least that is close to the current price. Some other of my holdings on the USX show a DB price far away from current SP. A bit annoying but apparently USX does not have the technology for them to automatically update the prices like NZX.

Beagle
19-05-2020, 09:12 AM
Cheeky offer @ 40 cents. Percy cunningly trying to lead the market up ?

iceman
19-05-2020, 09:26 AM

"Cheeky" or a "bargain" ? We may have the answer to that on Monday ! I suspect the latter.

RTM
19-05-2020, 09:45 AM
"Cheeky" or a "bargain" ? We may have the answer to that on Monday ! I suspect the latter.

Monday.....have I missed something ?

Beagle
19-05-2020, 09:47 AM
Monday.....have I missed something ?

Virtual annual meeting on Monday at 12.30.

RTM
19-05-2020, 09:52 AM
Virtual annual meeting on Monday at 12.30.

Thx. C U there.

percy
19-05-2020, 10:46 AM

I would be a buyer rather than a seller at 40 cents..
I had considered, a couple of months ago,of lightening up my holding after next year's agm,although that is now looking very unlikely,as I now have the cash I need to help out No.2 daughter to buy a better flat.

whatsup
19-05-2020, 11:30 AM
I would be a buyer rather than a seller at 40 cents..
I had considered, a couple of months ago,of lightening up my holding after next year's agm,although that is now looking very unlikely,as I now have the cash I need to help out No.2 daughter to buy a better flat.

Well done Percy, I hope that she knits you some socks for the cold winter that you have in Ch-Ch-Ch !!

iceman
20-05-2020, 12:25 PM
The bids are slowly creeping up and not very far from the "cheeky" offer at 40c now. SP in my view now well established into the 30s and probably wont stay that low beyond Monday. Agree with Percy's earlier post that the most recent trade at 34c will be seen as astute. Thanks for the compliment Percy :-)

Mr Slothbear
20-05-2020, 02:43 PM
The bids are slowly creeping up and not very far from the "cheeky" offer at 40c now. SP in my view now well established into the 30s and probably wont stay that low beyond Monday. Agree with Percy's earlier post that the most recent trade at 34c will be seen as astute. Thanks for the compliment Percy :-)

This is what I thought a few months ago but once the wider sharemarket took a dive the bids dried up very fast and out came the sellers. Could easily happen again but bit’ve a coin toss

iceman
21-05-2020, 05:17 AM
This is what I thought a few months ago but once the wider sharemarket took a dive the bids dried up very fast and out came the sellers. Could easily happen again but bit’ve a coin toss

Clearly we live in strange times and it is impossible to forecast anything right now. But I am expecting a good forward looking statement on Monday with much of the new capacity on line now and I'm hopeful we will not see SP in it the twenties (cents that is) again. Time will tell.

percy
21-05-2020, 07:45 AM
A year ago just before PAZ's agm the share price was 13 cents.
A month later after the exciting agm presentation the share price was up over 50% to 20 cents.
Their September upgrade saw the share price rise a further 25% to 25 cents.
AGM is next Monday.
I rather think PAZ's agm outlook statement will see the share price into the forties.
The big seller we have taken advantage of over the past year, appears to have gone.

Beagle
21-05-2020, 03:24 PM
It is a rare company that is not being materially affected by Covid 19. I hope PAZ is such a company but after very careful thought I am not prepared to gamble 40 cents a share to lift my stake "on the blind". That's a historical PE of 30 and I've never been a dog that likes paying 30 times earnings before so won't change my colours now.
More information is required so we can work out the forward PE before 40 cents is justified in my opinion. Looking forward to Monday.

Mr Slothbear
21-05-2020, 08:14 PM
It is a rare company that is not being materially affected by Covid 19. I hope PAZ is such a company but after very careful thought I am not prepared to gamble 40 cents a share to lift my stake "on the blind". That's a historical PE of 30 and I've never been a dog that likes paying 30 times earnings before so won't change my colours now.
More information is required so we can work out the forward PE before 40 cents is justified in my opinion. Looking forward to Monday.

encapsulates my thoughts very well.

I agree with you Percy that I think it’ll be a great meeting with more good news but a little caution never hurt and my purchases have been at good prices. I don’t have a problem paying a P/e of 30 as have done so very happily for A2 in the past but will depend how the numbers look :)

Likewise looking forward to monday

Beagle
24-05-2020, 01:37 PM
1 more sleep to go Percy :)

percy
24-05-2020, 08:41 PM
1 more sleep to go Percy :)

Getting so excited........
Don't think I will be able to sleep.
May try counting dollars rather than sheep.
On second thoughts that may not be such a good idea,as I will be up all night.!..lol.

ps.Be more to count tomorrow night..?

whatsup
25-05-2020, 09:00 AM
Percy, I have printed off the latest report but cannot see the top 20 shareholders, where is that info, companies office ?

percy
25-05-2020, 09:35 AM
Go to NZ Companies Office.
Pharmazen limited.
shareholdings [26]
or documents [138] then scroll down 27 mar BKSH extensive shareholder list.

I did ask Vince on his opinion whether or not I could post the extensive list,but never heard back from him.

peat
25-05-2020, 09:38 AM
someone is keen

percy
25-05-2020, 09:42 AM
someone is keen
50,000 at 40 cents.Seller at 42 has 25,000 for sale.
More astute than keen.?....lol.

Sideshow Bob
25-05-2020, 09:52 AM
50,000 at 40 cents.Seller at 42 has 25,000 for sale.
More astute than keen.?....lol.

I'm keen, but probably not astute..... ;)

iceman
25-05-2020, 10:06 AM
The Beagle may have cracked under pressure, caving in a couple of hours before the AGM :-)

percy
25-05-2020, 10:52 AM
The Beagle may have cracked under pressure, caving in a couple of hours before the AGM :-)

Rather think he is showing sound logic.

peat
25-05-2020, 10:54 AM
so is new information going to be released at this AGM?

percy
25-05-2020, 11:09 AM
so is new information going to be released at this AGM?

The answer to that question will be known shortly, as the agm starts at 12.30 pm.

peat
25-05-2020, 11:26 AM
The answer to that question will be known shortly, as the agm starts at 12.30 pm.

When asking that question I admit I was thinking more in terms of NZX's listing rules.... not USX

Joshuatree
25-05-2020, 11:35 AM
Wow he looks and sounds SO WEARY , needs some vitamins and an injection of coffee and hope hes taking PAZ supplements.

peat
25-05-2020, 11:47 AM
Wow he looks and sounds SO WEARY , needs some vitamins and an injection of coffee and hope hes taking PAZ supplements.

don't be so judgemental. didn't he say 98% growth?

whatsup
25-05-2020, 12:12 PM
Very happy with todays presentation bearing in mind that these presentations are not easy .

The numbers to date look good and the 7th Aug update will Im sure be of great interest considering the set back that Covid-19 has been to PAZ

Will be very interesting to see if PAZ can hold the .40 share price for now, IMO a better judgement will happen at the half year release.

Beagle
25-05-2020, 12:20 PM
Excellent presentation.
They sound very enthusiastic about the pet treats and supplements opportunity. So many opportunities for growth.
Well worth noting that last year at the annual meeting they forecast net profit before tax of $2.8m. They delivered just over $4m, 43% more than forecast.
This suggests they are very conservative with their forecasting.
As Percy says they have a track record of doing what they say they will do.
So many new products they can bring to market in the next year...the prospects for long term growth look really outstanding.
It is so refreshing to see a company growing strongly even taking into account the effects of Covid 19.

I took some very deep breaths and thought long and hard about the long term growth prospects over the weekend and took the appropriate action this morning before someone else did. Its getting much harder to get shares in this company. If you want a bigger stake in this high growth company the days of getting it on the cheap are probably over in my opinion. I think at 40 cents the forward PE is somewhere in the low 20's and I think that's perfectly reasonable for such a high growth company as this. Investing today at 40 cents I am thinking about FY21 and beyond.

percy
25-05-2020, 12:26 PM
Another extraction plant.
Another freeze dryer.
Another factory.
More new products including beverages,and functioned food [whatever that is],and pet food.
The excitement continues to grow.

Beagle
25-05-2020, 12:36 PM
Don't forget Aiora Immunity, new product coming that could be a real hot seller !
https://www.aioranz.com/

Interesting they said they've always been very keen on the companion animal supplement and treats market. Huge growth there and I know from personal experience how those little fur babies really become such valuable members of the family, nothing is too good for them !

percy
25-05-2020, 12:37 PM
From last year's annual report.
Ben Alberts,Chief Operating Officer,comes to us from South Africa's largest sports nutrition manufacturer,Globepak,where he was CEO.
I would think he would have influenced the new beverage products.
ps.Beagle I note in the supermarkets the dog treats.Another big market.

peat
25-05-2020, 12:39 PM

waterboy
25-05-2020, 01:10 PM
According to USX website they have a market cap of 92 million, does anyone know at what stage they list of on the nzx?

percy
25-05-2020, 01:26 PM
According to USX website they have a market cap of 92 million, does anyone know at what stage they list of on the nzx?

Think they may mention it at next year's agm when the market cap is over $200 million.

whatsup
25-05-2020, 01:41 PM

Not on the Horizon atm.

Beagle
25-05-2020, 02:59 PM
https://www.usx.co.nz/uploads/paperclip/documents/2015/original/PharmaZen_AGM_2020_Presentation.pdf?1590377628

AGM presentation materials.

iceman
25-05-2020, 09:32 PM
What a great result. They have managed with the obviously committed staff, to operate at a reasonable level and have maintained a profitable operation despite these difficult times. I do like how they state that they undertook to continue paying staff whether they couild turn up to work or not. Says a lot about the Board and Management and I like it.

Not only do we have new products and markets but lots of new machinery and to top it all of, a new extraction factory no less. As whatsup stated earlier, the August report will be the one to watch but I have little doubt SP is now firmly established in the 40s (at least).
Iīm expecting them to call us for some cash to help fund the growth, which I would be very happy about and wouldnīt need to think about too long, assuming they do so on reasonable terms.

Iīm a very happy holder of this company which is in the right industry and the right country to take huge advantage of the change of lifestyles we will no doubt see around the World past COVID. Upwards and onwards.

Beagle
26-05-2020, 09:58 AM
I think even Percy might have been very pleasnatly surprised by the number of different product growth opportunities articulated yesterday, I know I certainly am !

Listening to the presentation its clear that the record $8m capex planned for the year ahead only covers the deposit on the new factory but they have cunningly got the vendor to agree to deferred settlement terms at some future date, (presumably contemporaneously with title issuance for the site).

How much is required to get the new factory built, equipped and up and running isn't clear but what is clear is their bank are supportive and with the abundance of growth opportunities presenting, I am sure shareholders would also be supportive with a capital raise (I presume sometime in 2021).

Whether a potential capital raise may be done in tandem with a NZX listing is an interesting question to ponder...

I agree Iceman...anything under 40 cents now would be an absolute gift. The question in my mind is with all the growth so apparent will anyone be prepared to sell shares in decent volume anywhere in the 40's ?

I would like to think someone would but am not especially hopeful...

percy
26-05-2020, 10:40 AM
I think even Percy might have been very pleasnatly surprised by the number of different product growth opportunities articulated yesterday, I know I certainly am !

Listening to the presentation its clear that the record $8m capex planned for the year ahead only covers the deposit on the new factory but they have cunningly got the vendor to agree to deferred settlement terms at some future date, (presumably contemporaneously with title issuance for the site).

How much is required to get the new factory built, equipped and up and running isn't clear but what is clear is their bank are supportive and with the abundance of growth opportunities presenting, I am sure shareholders would also be supportive with a capital raise (I presume sometime in 2021).

Whether a potential capital raise may be done in tandem with a NZX listing is an interesting question to ponder...

I agree Iceman...anything under 40 cents now would be an absolute gift. The question in my mind is with all the growth so apparent will anyone be prepared to sell shares in decent volume anywhere in the 40's ?

I would like to think someone would but am not especially hopeful...

I certainly was very surprised by the number of different product growth opportunities.All seem to be a very advance stage.All very exciting
Capital.Looks to me PAZ will need more capital,later this year or early next year.I think they would like a major supplier to take a placement,and that would also secure supply .Then raising capital from shareholders/public would be best done by a NZX listing.
Whatever happens the future outlook just gets more and more positive.
The right company,in the right country,in the right sector,with the right directors/management to take advantage of the large number of opportunities available.
Shares.We saw a major shareholder sell down or out over the past year.No major shareholder appears to want to sell any shares.
Yet I expect there are a large number of original shareholders, who have forgotten they own PAZ shares or even know how to look at The Unlisted market.
A NZX listing would awaken them.

peat
26-05-2020, 11:25 AM
Excellent result , great company ,
I'm out , 68% return in six months.
I know I will regret this one day.
But not today :)

Beagle
26-05-2020, 11:45 AM
Excellent result , great company ,
I'm out , 68% return in six months.
I know I will regret this one day.
But not today :)

I believe you will come to deeply regret that over the years ahead mate. You should have PM'd me, I would have paid you 42 cents and saved you the brokerage.

Percy, why would they do a placement with one of their suppliers ? If they're going to raise capital I would strongly prefer a renounceable rights issue so its the existing shareholders that have the right to add to their investment. Either that or a listing on the NZX raising fresh capital again with first right of refusal to existing shareholders.

iceman
26-05-2020, 04:35 PM
Good question about the suggestion of a placement to a supplier Beagle. If that will indeed happen, the most obvious reason would be to strengthen relationship to secure supply. Maybe they feel this is prudent with all the CAPEX ?

Beagle
26-05-2020, 05:29 PM
1:3 at 35 cents would raise ~ $25m and something I would certainly support but directors and their family interests who between them, (help me out here Percy), own something like 90m shares might not have the 30m @ 35 cents = $10.5m cash to invest.

With such a substantial range of expansion and growth opportunities I think perhaps its time after next year's annual result in April that the directors looked at an NZX float to raise enough capital to really supercharge this company's growth even more !

percy
26-05-2020, 08:00 PM
Possible Capital raise. A total guess. Raise about $17mil to $19mil.
Placement of 10 or 12 mil shares at 50 cents...................................$5mil to $6
one for ten rights issue at 50 cents. 21.8mil shares................$10.9mil..plus extras taken up $13mil
The rights issue would have to have the option for applying for extra shares as there would be a large number of the original shareholders,who they either will not be able to contact,or who will not want to take up their rights.
Should they stay on unlisted I doubt shareholders will be able to sell their rights.i
Last rights issue they had problems.I had to get Craigs to sign a form that Lorraine and I knew what we were doing.
Forbar would not do it for their clients.As most PAZ shareholders, at the time lived in Dunedin, that caused PAZ no end of trouble.
Timetable.Late this year or early next year.Another guess just after they announce their 31st December 2020 result.around late March 2021.So agree with Beagle April 2021.

Mr Slothbear
26-05-2020, 09:03 PM
Good question about the suggestion of a placement to a supplier Beagle. If that will indeed happen, the most obvious reason would be to strengthen relationship to secure supply. Maybe they feel this is prudent with all the CAPEX ?

from what I have heard in the past securing sufficient ingrediant supply has been one of their challenges. The cow adrenals that form some of their very popular products are not easy to source so I can see merit in having close relationships with suppliers.

iceman
27-05-2020, 12:02 AM
from what I have heard in the past securing sufficient ingrediant supply has been one of their challenges. The cow adrenals that form some of their very popular products are not easy to source so I can see merit in having close relationships with suppliers.

Thanks for that bit of info. It all makes sense.

whatsup
27-05-2020, 09:59 AM
Yesterdays presentation imo has been well received by investors with buyers @ .44 and sellers @ .55 today.

At .46 PAZ will be a $100,000,000-00 M C company, well done all!!

Beagle
27-05-2020, 12:19 PM
Bid 50 cents now. I am not surprised. There is such a huge runway of growth with this one, its such an exciting company.

The "Lead Husky" on this exciting journey barked so loud on this one my ears nearly bled, but I'm so glad he did and am so pleased to be part of the pack.

whatsup
27-05-2020, 01:26 PM
Yesterdays presentation imo has been well received by investors with buyers @ .44 and sellers @ .55 today.

At .46 PAZ will be a $100,000,000-00 M C company, well done all!!

BINGO that .55 trade gave PAZ a M C of $120,328,639-00 !!!!

Beagle
27-05-2020, 01:49 PM
Percy must be at the pub celebrating :)

RupertBear
27-05-2020, 03:08 PM
Bid 50 cents now. I am not surprised. There is such a huge runway of growth with this one, its such an exciting company.

The "Lead Husky" on this exciting journey barked so loud on this one my ears nearly bled, but I'm so glad he did and am so pleased to be part of the pack.

Yes I recall you were not a happy Beagle, very pleased you had a change of heart and joined the pack! A massive thanks to Percy for drawing our attention to this little gem, it is very very much appreciated :)

iceman
27-05-2020, 07:37 PM
Percy must be at the pub celebrating :)

Or busy buying that small parcel of PAZ at 55c to make his truckload look even better :-)
What a ride this is and like you, I thank Percy for bringing this to my attention. Wish I had taken more notice the first time he told me about it over dinner at my house in Nelson several years ago, when he was buying at 7c.

Beagle
27-05-2020, 08:00 PM
Or busy buying that small parcel of PAZ at 55c to make his truckload look even better :-)
What a ride this is and like you, I thank Percy for bringing this to my attention. Wish I had taken more notice the first time he told me about it over dinner at my house in Nelson several years ago, when he was buying at 7c.

Right and fitting that the lead husky gets the biggest feed http://underdognz.co.nz/ Something new to try seeing as we can't travel overseas.

percy
27-05-2020, 08:40 PM
What I should have mentioned is that these initiatives are being funded by the company's strong balance sheet and excellent cashflow,WITHOUT having to come to shareholders for further funds.I take this as very positive,means management are looking to make profits to fund growth.Most small company's think the only way they can grow is to fund growth with more money from shareholders.This dilutes your shares,and takes management's mind off making real profits.So well done PAZ.

My second post on this thread.My third post on 23-04-2011 I stated I brought 80,000 PAZ at 3.5 cents.
Reflecting back on the years,I think I kept doing the right things.ie.
1] Buy a few shares to get to know the business.
2] Make sure the balance sheet is strong,mainly cashflow positive, and current assets far exceed current liabilities.
3]Watch the company to see if they do as they say they will do.
Then I just kept adding to my/our holding on each positive announcement.
A good lesson to me that we all know;And KW always told us:Sell your losers and add to your winners.That usually means buying your winners at higher and higher prices.
Our last purchase of PAZ was 50,000 at 25 cents, for the wife, on 15th April.At lot higher than the original 3.5 cents I paid.So added to our big winner,and have sold other shares in other companies over the years,some at a profit and a few at a loss.Whenever the story, or the reason you brought a share changes,SELL.
Thank you to all of you who have thanked me, and joined the fun.I guess we are all "well positioned."..lol.
I think most Sharetraders will realise our PAZ holding far exceeds what I expected our total share portfolio would be.

stoploss
27-05-2020, 09:26 PM
Can we rename the thread ?
Percy
Appreciation
Zone

peat
27-05-2020, 10:43 PM
Can we rename the thread ?
Percy
Appreciation
Zone

thats good stop thats good.

certainly I agree big ups to Percy

Beagle
29-05-2020, 08:45 AM
https://vimeo.com/413407463/c743c41a11 Market clearly liked the strong growth clearly articulated in the AGM presentation, for which PAZ have now provided a link which I have included here.

Now bid at 50 cents in reasonable volume and I am pretty sure there's more support not shown on the screen at that level. I can't say I am surprised by that. I took some big guesses yesterday and arrived at an estimated fair value just under 50 cents based on this years estimated earnings but I think the market is quite rightly getting very excited about FY21 and beyond.

stoploss
02-06-2020, 10:18 AM
Off to a flyer early in the week . 15,000 just traded @ .54, no offers left in the market .(Edit 10k @ .60 now)

RupertBear
02-06-2020, 12:54 PM
What isnt there to love about this wee gem! Go you good thing! :D

Beagle
02-06-2020, 01:58 PM
One thing not to love is how on earth does one add significantly more shares to their existing stake in decent volume without paying a sky high price ?
I managed to snag an extra 50,000 last week at 40 cents...wonder if anyone would like to donate another 50K to the hounds retirement fund at the same price, Percy are you reading this :D Suppose its best if I don't hold my breath lol

percy
02-06-2020, 02:46 PM
I am very surprised there have been no big sales.
I would have thought 50 cents would have attracted some one with 200,000 to 500,000 to sell.
I am too frightened to even think of selling any.?..
Last week you paid 40 cents.Up 35% in a week.You did well.
And the person who brought the 15,000 at 54 cents this morning is no fool....lol.

Beagle
02-06-2020, 05:40 PM
As you know mate based on some big guesses I have valued PAZ at just under 50 cents based on estimated 2020 earnings. The problem is I don't think anyone on here is investing based on 2020 earnings expectations, they're all licking their chops and thinking about 2021, 2022 and beyond earnings and a possible listing on the NZX down the track. That's where the fun really starts !

RupertBear
02-06-2020, 06:06 PM
The Bear topped up a few @ $0.30 just before Covid struck and its caused The Bear a few sleepless nights when we went into Lockdown. I thought Gulp what have I done :eek2: what a difference a few weeks makes and I am sleeping quite well now :D

stoploss
02-06-2020, 07:13 PM
The Bear topped up a few @ $0.30 just before Covid struck and its caused The Bear a few sleepless nights when we went into Lockdown. I thought Gulp what have I done :eek2: what a difference a few weeks makes and I am sleeping quite well now :D
Imagine how you will feel when you emerge from hibernation .....

whatsup
11-06-2020, 03:15 PM
Nice 50,000 trades @.54-5 gone through today, well done , bejuses if we were listed on the NZX and going by the recent history of AFT we would be in for a rerating sometime.

With all of the current C R in N Z going on at present Im betting that PAZ will announce one some time shortly--- when the ducks are quacking----feed them !!

iceman
11-06-2020, 06:51 PM
Nice 50,000 trades @.54-5 gone through today, well done , bejuses if we were listed on the NZX and going by the recent history of AFT we would be in for a rerating sometime.

With all of the current C R in N Z going on at present Im betting that PAZ will announce one some time shortly--- when the ducks are quacking----feed them !!

There is little doubt in my mind we will have a CR in the near-medium term future to fund the very fast growth. Iīve been told they have found it difficult to do this on the USX and would not be surprised if we see a NZX listing and CR in tandem.

percy
17-06-2020, 09:53 AM
From USX newsletter.

Healthy Future: A Pharmazen Story

Given the journey that global markets have gone through over recent months, it is heartening to see those special securities that have remained strong over this time. PharmaZen has been the most notable of these, smashing $100m market capitalisation to become one of the top performing companies listed on the USX. However this spectacular achievement has not been an overnight success.

Based in Christchurch, PharmaZen Ltd (trading as Waitaki Biosciences) is a biotech company focusing on the development, manufacture and B2B marketing of specialised nutritional ingredients. The company’s products targets, both the human and companion animal dietary supplement industries, with over 90% of product exported to foreign markets.

PAZ’s first trade on the USX was in February 2005, at a price of $0.04, and since then has traded below $0.10 for most of its history. That is, until recently.

In early 2018, USX facilitated for PharmaZen a capital raise of c. $4.1m to provide the funds required to accelerate the completion of several major expansion projects, including:
Installation of the largest batch freeze dryer in Australasia (increasing capacity by 75%)
Deployment of its specialised solvent extraction facility
Commissioning of an additional 1,000 sqm of production facilities
GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) certification, ensuring approval to manufacture active pharmaceutical ingredients by Medsafe
Licensing and patents for further consumer ready products
High levels of demand for its products saw the company fully utilising its new production capacity, and revenue soared to $12.6m in 2018 from $7.3m the previous year. Additionally, PharmaZen strengthened its management team by bringing in a new COO and CTO, who further drove the future aspirations of the company.

In March this year, just as Covid-19 was dealing blows to global markets, PharmaZen released its 2019 financial report which only served to boost investor confidence further. The company increased its YOY revenue by 38%, and its EBITDA by 98%, demonstrating the continued global appetite for its products and the improving margin as staff had time to get used to the new plant.

Since then, PharmaZen has traded as high as $0.55, more than double its pre-lockdown price and 10x the price of its first trade. This rapid growth has seen the company surpass $100m market capitalisation, to become one of the top performing companies listed on the USX.

Beagle
17-06-2020, 12:35 PM
There is little doubt in my mind we will have a CR in the near-medium term future to fund the very fast growth. Iīve been told they have found it difficult to do this on the USX and would not be surprised if we see a NZX listing and CR in tandem.

Makes profound common sense to me and will enable them to supercharge their growth going forward.

Thanks for sharing that article Percy.

percy
17-06-2020, 01:25 PM
The capital raise.
Yes doing in tandem with shifting to NZX would save the issues they had with their last capital raise.[wife and I had to get Craigs to sign a form that we knew what we were doing.Forbar would not do this for their clients.As most shareholders at the time were Dunedin based,it caused big problems].
I would expect an update on this NZX listing in their 7th August half year result announcement,and I would think their future projections will be a lot clearer.[and super exciting]
I noted on my morning walk a few days ago,a lot of equipment for the new [third] extraction plant has arrived.

whatsup
18-06-2020, 09:07 AM
The capital raise.
Yes doing in tandem with shifting to NZX would save the issues they had with their last capital raise.[wife and I had to get Craigs to sign a form that we knew what we were doing.Forbar would not do this for their clients.As most shareholders at the time were Dunedin based,it caused big problems].
I would expect an update on this NZX listing in their 7th August half year result announcement,and I would think their future projections will be a lot clearer.[and super exciting]
I noted on my morning walk a few days ago,a lot of equipment for the new [third] extraction plant has arrived.

Percy, After the AGM I spoke to a senior manager who said after I asked about a C R and move to the NZX , his comment was not at this stage for both questions, next year, maybe, need more runs on the board.

percy
18-06-2020, 10:23 AM
Percy, After the AGM I spoke to a senior manager who said after I asked about a C R and move to the NZX , his comment was not at this stage for both questions, next year, maybe, need more runs on the board.

Thanks,that makes good sense to me.
And that raises the question, will we see a placement earlier.?

whatsup
18-06-2020, 11:22 AM
Thanks,that makes good sense to me.
And that raises the question, will we see a placement earlier.?

Not at this stage , management are comfortable with the company situation for now.

percy
18-06-2020, 11:46 AM
Not at this stage , management are comfortable with the company situation for now.

Excellent..............

Beagle
14-07-2020, 03:46 PM

7 August half year result and full year forecast can't come soon enough. Shares under pressure. https://www.usx.co.nz/uploads/paperclip/documents/2015/original/PharmaZen_AGM_2020_Presentation.pdf?1590377628

percy
14-07-2020, 04:26 PM
Not long now until 7th August.
In the meantime I see a lot of the third extraction plant's equipment is on site.
Earthworks have also commenced at the corner on Nuttrall Drive. Be interesting seeing what they build there.

percy
17-07-2020, 03:06 PM
Well with not a lot of buying support,and only three weeks until their 7th August announcement I put in an opportunist bid at 35 cents this morning.Woke someone up, who then topped me at 40 cents.Last sale price was 45 cents.Be interesting seeing what the next sale price will be.Even more interesting will be seeing whether the 7th August announcement will see the share price over 60 cents.?...lol.

Beagle
17-07-2020, 04:48 PM
Looking forward to the update. Remember folks, Rome wasn't built in a day even for fast growing companies like this one. I reckon the most important investment tool with this one is the patience to hold really long term.

peat
17-07-2020, 08:24 PM
Shares under pressure
It doesn't appear it was such a ridiculous move to bail at 0.42 - which is that famous mid-point now (between bid and offer).

I should have kept my eyes on the ball more to get back in again but grandkids for the last two weeks!