PDA

View Full Version : Interesting to see how the Maori vote goes this time

krusty
05-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Think it will split in two and suffer from indifference and appafee.
I dont understand how a party can be formed on the principle of race - just seems so backward and wrong.
We are all kiwis living together in the same country - why stick another widge in.

fungus pudding
05-05-2011, 06:28 PM
I dont understand how a party can be formed on the principle of race - just seems so backward and wrong.
We are all kiwis living together in the same country - why stick another widge in.

Why not? We tend to group together for all sorts of common background reasons. No reason why there shouldn't be a Maori party or an Asian party, or a hunters and fishers party (I think there might even be one). The thing that is wrong is having race based seats. The Maori seats should be abolished immediately.

rpcas
08-05-2011, 09:28 AM

Right. One of the reasons why there is racial divide between Maoris and everyone else is BECAUSE of the Maori party. They continue to remind everyone of race and in turn create the divide.

robo
12-05-2011, 06:39 PM
they have a lot to work towards so good on them for having there own party,I think its great they have joined with the torys as labour had long abused there relationship with maori; from what I have gathered there is a strong class system within maoridom which will be interesting to watch as they grow in strength

Lego_Man
26-05-2011, 02:22 PM
I dont mind the Maori Party. It is led by sensible men of mana like Pita Sharples who just want to do the right thing by their people.

The new "Mana Party" on the other hand is a vehicle solely for the aggrandisement of one man's ego, and a dustbin for all sorts of failed/lunatic fringe leftist figures. A man who is more divisive than inspirational, and possessed of some quite frankly bizarre ideas.

Major von Tempsky
11-11-2011, 08:49 PM
So, Sue Bradford and John Minto are Mayori?

craic
25-08-2014, 08:52 AM
That comment is looking better every day - but if you are a european you should say "Peter" I am not allowed to Pakeaify Maori name so the opposite must apply.
I dont mind the Maori Party. It is led by sensible men of mana like Pita Sharples who just want to do the right thing by their people.

The new "Mana Party" on the other hand is a vehicle solely for the aggrandisement of one man's ego, and a dustbin for all sorts of failed/lunatic fringe leftist figures. A man who is more divisive than inspirational, and possessed of some quite frankly bizarre ideas.