PDA

View Full Version : Blackwood Corporation (BWD) - thermal coal

gazprom1
10-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Tried to find a thread for this but does not seem to exist. I have been a holder for a few months and bought for several reasons, one being the support of the Noble Group (25.6% direct, 43.7% indirect).

It has several exploration permits in Queensland spread through the various basins - Bown, Surat, Galilee, Clarence-Morton. Has prioritised a few permits and is now starting the drilling process.

Have contracted 3 drilling rigs which are supposed to commence drilling 3 targets this month (May).

Has a good recent presentation which outlines their targets and goals.

IMHO it represents good exposure to a junior explorer with a major partner. Has over $10 million in cash so is able to fund near term exploration. Admin costs seem a little high but not sure exactly how that has been spent.

Gazprom

drillfix
10-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Hi Gaz, sounds interesting.

Any chance on posting the code into the title next to the name to help us speed readers who flick through posts to help us briefly remember :)

airedale
10-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Yes, Gprom, looks as if it is in the right place, Bowen , Surat etc, and the Noble group behind them adds confidence. Worth watching and further investigation.

gazprom1
10-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Hi Gaz, sounds interesting.

Any chance on posting the code into the title next to the name to help us speed readers who flick through posts to help us briefly remember :)

Hey DF,

How do you edit the thread title??? I have had a look and cannot see what function to use. Sorry to be a pain!!!

Gaz

drillfix
10-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Hey DF,

How do you edit the thread title??? I have had a look and cannot see what function to use. Sorry to be a pain!!!

Gaz

Hi Gaz,

Mate, if you go to the main ASX link on the top (or just click back after reading this) and when you see this post, just double (left) click inside next to the Text that is written and you will see the box or Text box you can either then ADD or Change the Text whats written.

So between Replies and where its written Blackwood Corporation - Thermal Coal (click click) >> put mouse pointer before Blackwood writing and the type CODE then click click outside to the right of the text box and then that should save the changes.

After that is done, this then becomes beneficial for all members or others whom use the Search feature, or even Google searches in finding the thread.

Hope this helps mate :)

gazprom1
10-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Hi Gaz,

Mate, if you go to the main ASX link on the top (or just click back after reading this) and when you see this post, just double (left) click inside next to the Text that is written and you will see the box or Text box you can either then ADD or Change the Text whats written.

So between Replies and where its written Blackwood Corporation - Thermal Coal (click click) >> put mouse pointer before Blackwood writing and the type CODE then click click outside to the right of the text box and then that should save the changes.

After that is done, this then becomes beneficial for all members or others whom use the Search feature, or even Google searches in finding the thread.

Hope this helps mate :)

Here is me trying to do it without being logged in and wondering why I am such an idiot.....finally have it sorted.

Expecting an ann. any day re commencement of drilling....I wonder whether or not the recent move up is on anticipation of that news.

Thanks for your help DF. I am back to earthquake country in 2 days....

Gaz

mark100
10-05-2011, 11:44 PM
I trade them a bit. Only a matter of time before they prove up a resource and we see a re-rating

gazprom1
03-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Todd Harrington appointed CEO. Don't know the guy as do not follow Xstrata where he was Geological Services and Senior Site Executive. Anybody have any knowlegde of the guys achievements/ reputation?

I note in the ann. that Chairman Bolitho said that BWD is "about to start exploration activities...". They were supposed to start those in May....still, I like their acreage and will look to "top up" my holding when the time/ price is right.

Gazprom

gazprom1
17-10-2011, 05:20 PM
75% rise in the past month.....still, only making up lost ground. I am back in black (excuse the pun) on this investment. Some positive news may be in the offing.

Gaz