PDA

View Full Version : CHRISTCHURCH Share Trader Meeting Saturday 11th June 5pm.

Oiler
01-06-2011, 09:29 AM
I know this is short notice for meeting but a few of us thought it would be a good opportunity to farewell our illustrious Shrewd Crude before heads off to the big schmoke, Las Vegas for a months poker playing. :cool:

Our central city meeting spots are no longer so how about we go out to the Lone Star, Bush Inn Riccarton.

Lets have a show of hands :t_up:

Oiler

trackers
01-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Hiya Oiler, thanks for organising - Will be there with bells on (but not literally)..

Will be good to give Shrewdy a decent send off - Would be awesome if Tricha and Skol make it!!

denpal
01-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Sounds good to me, can only stay a little while as we're off to dinner at friends later.

Serpie
01-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Rude not to!
Cant offer many recent sharetrading stories but always nice to catch up with you guys. See you there.

A J
02-06-2011, 02:37 PM
I'll come along, will be around 8.40pm though as will have to come after work.

Will see if I can get there earlier somehow but 8.40pm at this stage.

Cheers
Aaron

Oiler
02-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Rude not to!
Cant offer many recent sharetrading stories but always nice to catch up with you guys. See you there.

You are a real gentleman Serpie see you there bud. :D

I'll come along, will be around 8.40pm though as will have to come after work.

Will see if I can get there earlier somehow but 8.40pm at this stage.

Cheers
Aaron

Good to see you again AJ but hell by that time no promises about everyones "condition" :eek2:

Financially dependant
03-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Rude not to!

If Serpie & Oiler are there that's good enough for me......:cool:

upside_umop
04-06-2011, 01:11 PM
I'll try come along for a beverage.

Rif-Raf
07-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Been a long time but might be able to make this one

Oiler
09-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Looks like we are going to get a good turn out on Saturday.

Tricha
Trackers
Denpal
Serpie
AJ
Financially Dependent
Upside Umop
Rif Raf
Major von Tempsky
Troyvdh
Shrewd Crude

and there will be those that just come along anyway like BRUT,Airedale, Kiwiwim, Skeet et al.

Minimoke you are more than welcome to join us. Maybe you could fly in on a Martin Jetpack would be good to see you there. :D:D

I am flying into Christchurch a day earlier (Friday) in case the weather turns to sh..

Bermuda cant make this one as he is on his annual northern migration for a few months. :cool:

tricha
09-06-2011, 12:08 PM
I know this is short notice for meeting but a few of us thought it would be a good opportunity to farewell our illustrious Shrewd Crude before heads off to the big schmoke, Las Vegas for a months poker playing. :cool:

Our central city meeting spots are no longer so how about we go out to the Lone Star, Bush Inn Riccarton.

Lets have a show of hands :t_up:

Oiler

Cheers Oiler, I guess time and place still stands ????

Oiler
09-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Cheers Oiler, I guess time and place still stands ????

It does Tricha. Lone Star Bush Inn, Riccarton @ 5pm

STRAT
09-06-2011, 12:53 PM
WOW G
Thats quite an interesting assortment of punters.
Should make for some titillating chit chat :D

skeet
09-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Should be able to make it, actually saw Shrewd Crude at the airport today picking up what im thinking was the folks? Lone star gets busy these days, but will be good for a catch up.

Oiler
09-06-2011, 04:53 PM
WOW G
Thats quite an interesting assortment of punters.
Should make for some titillating chit chat :D

I am sure it will Strat :) Too bad you cant join us.

trackers
09-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Should be good!... For anyone umming and ahhing about going, just come along, everyone's really friendly and always good to meet a new face

If the Lone Star is too rowdy I guess we could migrate to Bush bar or Bush Inn hotel after a while? shrug, will see what happens... we are kicking off quite early so hopefully she's quiet then.

airedale
10-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Hi All, sorry can't make it this time. Previous engagement. Oiler, are you still hoovering up those "cheap" NWE options?
Grin....

Oiler
10-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Hi All, sorry can't make it this time. Previous engagement. Oiler, are you still hoovering up those "cheap" NWE options?
Grin....

Sorry you make it Airedale.

Nobody wants to sell me any cheap NWEOA's I have an order sitting there but no takers :(

Oiler
10-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Should be good!... For anyone umming and ahhing about going, just come along, everyone's really friendly and always good to meet a new face

If the Lone Star is too rowdy I guess we could migrate to Bush bar or Bush Inn hotel after a while? shrug, will see what happens... we are kicking off quite early so hopefully she's quiet then.

Trackers that would be good idea to move next door if it gets too noisy. Play it by ear (no pun intended)

percy
10-06-2011, 04:45 PM
I look forward to catching up with you all tomorrow night.May not stay long,but will join you in wishing shrewd crude well.

minimoke
10-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Minimoke you are more than welcome to join us. Maybe you could fly in on a Martin Jetpack would be good to see you there. :D:D
:
Thanks for the invite oiler but I'm up to my neck in it at the moment. Hoping to get to the July meet. Loath as I'm to admit it a jetpack is looking pretty appealing as the front shocks on the car now rooted after driving Christchurch streets - but don't let on!

BRICKY
11-06-2011, 10:23 AM
I'll be coming along to have a beer or two.

percy
12-06-2011, 07:02 AM
Nice to catch up with so many of you.Most enjoyable.Thought I would get home to watch the rugby,but wife had one TV and daughter had the other,although wife gave me updates during ads in her program.!!!!!

Crypto Crude
12-06-2011, 07:26 AM
yeah percy...was some good advice of experiences you had... Serpie soakin it in... Above me...

Sending top brass off today,
going to have lunch at Thai Orchid--> other end of Riccarton road at 1pm... all welcome, no strings
:cool:
.^sc

percy
12-06-2011, 08:04 AM
yeah percy...was some good advice of experiences you had... Serpie soakin it in... Above me...

Sending top brass off today,
going to have lunch at Thai Orchid--> other end of Riccarton road at 1pm... all welcome, no strings
.^sc
Will not make lunch.Having a laugh to myself, I am sure if Drillfix and Shasta knew there was a Thai lunch on the program they would have come from Gold Coast and Wellington.Drillfix has a Thai addiction and owes Shasta a Thai.
Have put OXX and OXXCA on the watch list.Good hunting in Reno.

skeet
12-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Good to catch up with everyone once again, been about 5 months since the last meet.
Also good luck in the states SC!

Oiler
13-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Well done Christchurch another fun evening with a lot of the regulars and good to see some new faces along. Besides it always helps when the Crusaders win. :D

Good luck in Vegas Shrewdie ;);)

We had dinner at the Thai Orchid after the meeting, Thai must be the flavor of the month.

Crypto Crude
13-06-2011, 02:02 PM
totally sick night... one to remember... went to a party and got smashed by 6 maori girls who drink like men...:eek2:... Didnt get to bed until 2pm on Sunday...

got woken up by the earthquake today...

.^sc

Oiler
13-06-2011, 03:39 PM
totally sick night... one to remember... went to a party and got smashed by 6 maori girls who drink like men...:eek2:... Didnt get to bed until 2pm on Sunday...

got woken up by the earthquake today...

.^sc

Not a very nice way to end a great weekend in Christchurch. :ohmy:

I was sitting in Koru Club at the airport, the first shake knocked a few glasses over, but the second one had tiles falling out of the ceiling and people yelling and screaming. Had to evacuate the building so still waiting to get a flight out. Runway maybe damaged. We have just been allowed to go back into the new part of the terminal and wait further updates. :D

percy
13-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Not a very nice way to end a great weekend in Christchurch. :ohmy:

I was sitting in Koru Club at the airport, the first shake knocked a few glasses over, but the second one had tiles falling out of the ceiling and people yelling and screaming. Had to evacuate the building so still waiting to get a flight out. Runway maybe damaged. We have just been allowed to go back into the new part of the terminal and wait further updates. :D

Sorry about that Oiler.Hope the Thai stayed down.They were big ones.trust you get home safely,and was pleased to meet you.

Oiler
14-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Sorry about that Oiler.Hope the Thai stayed down.They were big ones.trust you get home safely,and was pleased to meet you.

Nice to meet you to Percy.
It looks like I will get home this afternoon in time to repack my bag and then on to the Gold Coast tomorrow for the Resources Conference. Fingers crossed we don't get anymore Chile Ash.

trackers
15-06-2011, 08:01 AM
Hi guys, had a good night - Thanks for coming down G and Tricha... Magnitude 6.3 earthquake and a bit of volcanic ash to send you on your way, crazy...

Hope I ramped PXG enough for you guys...? :D I'm definitely claiming bragging rights on that for next time.....

Good luck in Vegas Shrewdy