PDA

View Full Version : June Tax loss selling Jnrs -best buys on a short term outlook

JBmurc
08-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Well Have seen some of the worse sell-downs over the last 6 weeks for along time ,looks like many aussies will sell down bad performers this month without regard of value to reduce their Tax bills ..
Some shares that are cheap now but could well be cheaper this month but with a 6month outlook should reward bargin buyers of the right companies in the right sectors...here are some of my picks from some companies I follow, and what the lowest price I think you might see in June and this year and what I believe you will see end of 2011 my fav 5

share-bid price -low prediction -end of 2011 prediction---interests

-HLX --------8.9c------------- 8c----------------16c-18c+----Iron ore,gold,base metals
-SSN --------13.5c-----------12c----------------30c+--------Oil&Gas in USA
-AMU--------22c-------------20c-------------27c+-----Oil&Gas in USA
-NAV--------12c-------------10.5c-----------23c+------Gold
-CFE--------43.5c-----------42c-------------75c+-----Iron ore,base metals,gold

can look back at the end of 2011 see how the prediction's played out.

drillfix
08-06-2011, 06:26 PM
JB, this thread should be called the Crystal Ball Chronicles :)

I remember we talked about nave around this time last year or something and I jumped out and in a couple of times. But this time they have no REE left as they spun it off, so only a goldy now.

Presently I am in neutral mode with speculation as if we get it wrong, it will hurt big time, Yet the flip side to that is, if we get it right, we then heal big time.

Will keep my views open towards what happens, but thanks for the post JB, will keep an eye out on them.

Corporate
08-06-2011, 06:54 PM
JB I don't rate NAV. The mine can't be very profitable as at record gold prices they are still having to raise capital. It wasn't long ago they put their hand out.

I rate, DGR, MEO, and MOX.

shasta
08-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Well Have seen some of the worse sell-downs over the last 6 weeks for along time ,looks like many aussies will sell down bad performers this month without regard of value to reduce their Tax bills ..
Some shares that are cheap now but could well be cheaper this month but with a 6month outlook should reward bargin buyers of the right companies in the right sectors...here are some of my picks from some companies I follow, and what the lowest price I think you might see in June and what I believe you will see end of 2011 my fav 5

share-bid price -low prediction -end of 2011 prediction---interests

-HLX --------8.9c------------- 8c----------------16c-18c+----Iron ore,gold,base metals
-SSN --------13.5c-----------12c----------------30c+--------Oil&Gas in USA
-AMU--------22c-------------20c-------------27c+-----Oil&Gas in USA
-NAV--------12c-------------10.5c-----------23c+------Gold
-CFE--------43.5c-----------42c-------------75c+-----Iron ore,base metals,gold

A few more to add to your watchlist

MOX, IRC, PDM, HEM, NAE, ACB, PEX

I got anutha stock, but will wait for Friday close of market before mentioning ;)

JBmurc
08-06-2011, 07:05 PM
JB I don't rate NAV. The mine can't be very profitable as at record gold prices they are still having to raise capital. It wasn't long ago they put their hand out.

I rate, DGR, MEO, and MOX.

I'd say the reason they'll have to raise cap is to pay down some of their debt as the debt holder will have a min SP price to ex Opts etc for NAV to uphold but with the massive sell-off they need to reduce the debt amount IMHO just like many investors/companies have to do if their margins get to low on a investment ....

I agree NAV isn't at all rated well at this stage is why I sold at 18.5c as I seen to much risk in the very short term as they won't be mining the higher grade ore to next Qtr ..Will unless the Cap raising an other issues are worse be buying back into NAV in the short term