PDA

View Full Version : Sunday research...What stock are you most excited about

Corporate
10-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Okay, I'm looking for some new companies to research. Don't mind which sector, although not interested in Uranium.

The question is what stocks are you currently most excited about?

For me it is MEO. Trading at cash backing, free carried by ENI and there is definitely something going on behind the scenes with the Timor sea permits they have accumulated.

Skol
10-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Could try VBA if you like a bit of risk. Chart indicates it's topping out but if it doesn't could go a lot higher. Fuel prices down, Tiger Airlines are AOG (airline speak for 'aircraft on ground') until at least Aug 1st and Jetstar in strife with regulators with 4 aircraft AOG.

evilroyrule
10-07-2011, 01:25 PM
ANP - best to just visit their web page!

aussie bio tech with a couple of on going projects, one related to drug to prevent/treat prostrate cancer as well as other types of cancer. dosing study is underway, although very much early days. only 36 subjects in this study, but at only .9/1 cent sp. good time to get set. if you are looking for a buy and hold type share. also good for diversity, rest of my portfolio is mining and gold!

have a squizz at their recent announcements on the asx for a quick catch up. wonder if stevie wonder has them on his checklist.

shasta
10-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Okay, I'm looking for some new companies to research. Don't mind which sector, although not interested in Uranium.

The question is what stocks are you currently most excited about?

For me it is MEO. Trading at cash backing, free carried by ENI and there is definitely something going on behind the scenes with the Timor sea permits they have accumulated.

MLX - MCap @ $0.255 = $348m, Cash ~$93m, Listed Investments ~$68m (IGO, WGR, MUB), EV = ~$186m

Largest Australian Tin producer, but has a massive 1.8mt Ni & 140kt Co project, looking at a 40 year life @ 40,000t Ni & 3,000T Co production

Corporate
10-07-2011, 04:01 PM
MLX - MCap @ $0.255 = $348m, Cash ~$93m, Listed Investments ~$68m (IGO, WGR, MUB), EV = ~$186m

Largest Australian Tin producer, but has a massive 1.8mt Ni & 140kt Co project, looking at a 40 year life @ 40,000t Ni & 3,000T Co production

shasta, I think it's time to start a thread :-) I've got to catch a plane this evening but will spend the next hour or so trying to understand the company. I don't really know much about nickel or cobalt unfortunately

shasta
10-07-2011, 04:43 PM
shasta, I think it's time to start a thread :-) I've got to catch a plane this evening but will spend the next hour or so trying to understand the company. I don't really know much about nickel or cobalt unfortunately

I shall add it to my "to do list" for tomorrow, still to update the Negative/Low EV threads tonight ;)

I have found another stock im interested in, that has no thread so i'll do that as well tomorrow.

stevo1
10-07-2011, 04:52 PM
LYC currently some issues with LAMP in Malayasia BUT fully funded to stage 2.
Joint venture with Siemens in the offering producing wind turbines.(Siemens 55% LYC 45%).Technology by Siemens REEs Lynas =vertical intergrated supply chain
Mitsubishi have a 9.9% shareholding .
The recognised experts in REE processing Rhodia have an interest.
Solitz have provided finance for a holding.Some big names and deep pocketed names there.
First to market outside China still looks likely
IMO very exciting future for REEs and and specifically LYC, an entry opportunity that may look very cheap in future. ;)

JBmurc
10-07-2011, 08:57 PM
ARD if your keen on round a 400% return within a couple yrs. do the study your see why

Skol
10-07-2011, 09:16 PM
ARD if your keen on round a 400% return within a couple yrs. do the study your see why

Aaaaah yeah, just like NAV you were pushing a while back, was .24, now .03, down 87.5%.

hal
10-07-2011, 09:46 PM
I like Drake Resources but it is speculative.

They have prospects in Europe which are being worked on by other companies.

They also have 100% interest in other prospects in Europe.

They could also have a good chance of success with their Mauritania projects. They have ground on the same greenstone belt as Kinross's Tasiast mine which has the potential to be the biggest Gold mine in the world(approx. 18m oz & expanding).

If they have a hit in their Tasiast South prospect there should be quite a bit of interest in Drake.

They are going to be doing some work on their Tasiast prospect in the upcoming field season which starts in September. They have about 10000sqkm in Mauritania in 2 different areas.

Drake is very lightly traded because it is tightly held and therefore moves are quick up or down.

You can do your own research at www.drakeresources.com.au if you are interested.

JBmurc
10-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Aaaaah yeah, just like NAV you were pushing a while back, was .24, now .03, down 87.5%.

NAV is a gold producer that didn't keep the shareholders imformed at all well once the costs started to rise on production or to the contract they had on the short term debt..
As Sharetraders/investors we can only do are best from what fundenmentals we have access to.
of course you never have calls go wrong hey Skol....
"I've been having a debate on another thread with JBMurc on gold. Personally I think it's going to be a fizzer and we've seen the highs for the next few years.
-31-12-09-
"If I owned gold, I'd sell and buy U308, check it out. Own PDN."--07-12-10