PDA

View Full Version : Aussie indexed shares and ETFs

boggie
17-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi all, first post on this forum.

Is my logic correct that with the US dollar so low it would be a good time buy some US shares or an indexed fund mainly buying US shares (providing of course that the USD rises again)? I would be interested in hearing thoughts from anyone on this, or other possiblities.

I have found my picks of shares in NZ and Aussie have been pretty hit and miss (actually they look more miss then not with the current share values), so I'm starting by looking at companies offering ETFs through the ASX. Does anyone have any opions on them, or NZ based options?

Thanks in advance.

boggie
23-07-2011, 04:48 PM
In the absense of any replies I'll just talk to myself a bit (I'm beyond the first stage of madness).

I've been having a look at ETFs through the ishare website. Looking at the 1yr, 3yr and 5yr these don't look like a good deal at all. Why do people buy them - or am I missing something?

http://au.ishares.com/fund/performance.do?sortDirection=&sortColumn=&prevSortColumn=&show=&filter_column=&filter_value=&fund_category=AU_INTL&category_setting=AU_INTL#