PDA

View Full Version : ZULUTRADE - Good or Bad?

loofa
24-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Zulutrade.com is one of a number of sites tha allow interaction of trading Signal (Providers) and end user traders (Followers) It has probably the most easily understood platform for users because it limits itself to mainly Forex.
It also has a large number of signal sources including the usual lot of EAs and robots and most of the offerings are poor performers. In among these are also some that would suit the trading style of some users.
It works by allowing the selected Provider to send a signal to be traded automatically in the account of the Follower. (The Provider has no direct link to the Follower's account)The Follower need not be on line at that time. As a help to prevent losses some useful limits can be set:
1. Limit the number and size of trades
2. Setting personal stop limits
3. Enable and Disable a Provider or the whole account immediately
Selection of a Provider can be controlled by choosing a range of criteria which have been met over a set period
Disclosure: I have no interest in promoting or knocking the service from Zulutrade but I have spent time learning and doing it the “hard way” with a “Live” account . Demo accounts are available but for just 30 days each time.

All comments appreciated.

loofa
24-07-2011, 12:31 PM
I decided to separate this comment from the header.

In passing I noted that there are a number (possibly 25 or so) of Providers coming out of NZ accounts. They include those usual robots and EAs of dubious benefit and generally poor performers.

loofa
12-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Well no response under my header.
I have been and still am overseas but it is worth commenting that my test (but also live) account yields 11% gain (just over two months including some non trading halts) and includes an early loss period.
Gain in August has been 6% (9 trading days).
Settings were constrained by stronger stops while I was away from direct internet access and had these not been placed the August gains would have been 13.8% over these same 9 days.