PDA

View Full Version : Central Asia Resources (CVR) - Producing gold this year

Pages : [1] 2

Huang Chung
02-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Here is another cheap under the radar gold stock. Mkt cap is around $26m, with a total resource of around 1.3 moz au.

Mining at their start up Dalabai operation starts this month. Production is targeted at 20,000oz gold per annum and 140,000oz silver per annum, for 2.5 years. Heap leach operation. Every chance that mine life will be extended through near mine exploration or satellite operations. Cash costs of around $550oz. That puts them on a P/E of about 1.

The cash flow from Dalabai will be used to get the much larger Altyntas project up and running. Several other projects as well.

All projects are in Kazakhstan. If you manage to get past your Borat flashback, check out the info on Kazakhstan on the CVR website. From what I've been able to work out, it doesn't seem a bad place to do business, just as long as you know the rules of the road.

I've taken a reasonable stake at around the 4c mark.

http://centralasiaresources.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/mining-to-commence-in-september-dalabai-gold-project.pdf

http://centralasiaresources.wordpress.com/2011/08/24/exploration-to-commence-at-bizhe/

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=CVR&E=ASX&N=551653

http://www.centralasia.com.au/khazak.html

And for a bit of comic relief.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btd5Ex3edmk

JBmurc
03-09-2011, 12:01 PM
"High five" .. HC will be looking into today.. by far the best short term trading buying into this near term producers before the rest of market gets the profit numbers

JBmurc
03-09-2011, 12:20 PM
http://www.australianbusinessjournal.com.au/central-asia-resources/

Though the company is relatively new, Central Asia Resources operate in a mining region with deposits that were discovered years ago. All prospects Central Asia explores are in the Republic of Kazakhstan with the minority interests held by Kazakhstani companies. These properties are host to near surface gold?and were originally subject to exploration by Soviet workers from the 1960s to the mid-1990s. Other drilling and exploration programs were conducted in the regions prior to Central Asia Resources getting involved.

Since it listed on the ASX in 2007, the company has honed in on establishing JORC compliant Resource statements for its prospects, and in March 2010, achieved a total gold inventory of ~1.2Moz (with additional silver).

....Very niccee......

JBmurc
05-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Well after more research I decided to get on board with 250k @ 4.2c Now looking forward to first pour of gold/silver this month looks likely to have EPS 5c+ well under the market value much like KMC was at 8-9c now 13c

-Discovery goood gold grades at Bizhe will light the rocket IMHO for me buying alot more as it's only 18kms from the 500ktpa plant going into full production 4th qtr 2011

Target---17-19c+mid 2012
Short term looking forward to a breakout from 5-6c resistance onwards to the next longer term 9c resistance

Huang Chung
05-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Good stuff JB.

I'd be more than happy with a 17c - 19c target price. That's 4+ bagger material.

drillfix
05-09-2011, 04:13 PM
I wouldn't mind a stab at these if I were not such a scardy cat with current market conditions.

Although, gold seems set to test the previous high (imo) so if it were not for the 60 min chart appearing like its going to dip downward as well as the daily OBV, RSI and DMI, I think I would take a few as these seem to trade strongly between 3-5c so its in the middle around now and not bad for what is a day or carnage for a few other stocks.

JBmurc
05-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Good stuff JB.

I'd be more than happy with a 17c - 19c target price. That's 4+ bagger material.

well I think it's well in reach in 2012 the production/exploration numbers will be the drivers ...getting a good MD would be positive step forward also..
likely cash costs of $550ozUSD is one of the main reasons I'm on board when you look at their grades that's one sharp production costs you wouldn't see in this part of the world...With Gold likely to break through 2,000USD in 2012 ,CVR announcing the likes of profit margins of $1450per oz USD =29mill EBIT(I'm not adding in the Silver productions as I'd say thats why the gold production is so low as their being used as credits??)
--Now add in exploration upside at Bizhe an more Au/Ag resources being discovered at Dalabai adding say another 2.5yrs (est.total 5yrs 29mill =145mill EBIT)

--But the big driver I see more so in 2012 is CVR move to get a 1moz resource(through the drill-bit) at Altyntas an move towards the planned 65koz production
On time....an paid for by cash-flow

--If we get the above 85koz gold production with the above cash costs where looking at 100mill+ EBIT 19c may well be cheap buying in 2012

JBmurc
05-09-2011, 04:35 PM
CVR has much in common to the last Goldie I held KMC which has really run hard of late when you compare the peers..I'd say CVR run is not far away

I see CVR have round 10mill in cash going from last june qtr report

Mgmt one weaking part I see no much experiance in Gold operation's

JBmurc
06-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Good move up 7% so far today wish a got a few more yesterday

JBmurc
06-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Ended up buying a few more today 4.5c bring on the 4th Qtr production numbers...think we'll see another strong day tomorrow

http://www.centralasia.com.au/asx.html

goldies doing well today trying to get more PXG's but no sellers to keen

--as for grades I see CVR got 11m @ 23.6 g/t Gold from trenching !! at bizhe more exploration results soon..from my understanding no real work at depth just near surface

soulman
06-09-2011, 06:42 PM
I had my order in at 4.1 yesterday and no fruits. That seems to be OK since I picked up some MSR for 19.5 on Fri and flipped them for 26 today. Got lucky.

JBmurc
06-09-2011, 07:21 PM
I had my order in at 4.1 yesterday and no fruits. That seems to be OK since I picked up some MSR for 19.5 on Fri and flipped them for 26 today. Got lucky.

Good to here soulman going need to pay min 4.5c to get on board CVR now depending on gold price / developments over the short term I'd say they will only get more expensive
Got a nice 550k @ 4.4c av. holding now an happy to wait till for production numbers.

Huang Chung
06-09-2011, 07:26 PM
JB...I'm always a bit cautious with trenching results.

I would expect that drilling results might not be quite as good.

Anyhow, CVR seems to be going great guns at the moment. Only stock of mine to finish in the green today.

soulman
06-09-2011, 07:27 PM
I might up the ante a little but will wait and see now. Nice to get a win once in a while.

JBmurc
06-09-2011, 09:00 PM
JB...I'm always a bit cautious with trenching results.

I would expect that drilling results might not be quite as good.

Anyhow, CVR seems to be going great guns at the moment. Only stock of mine to finish in the green today.

-With 1.2moz JORC resource already CVR downside is limited IMHO ,an with so much of the discovered gold area having limited exploration work ....

-yes one shouldn't take too much from trenching samples but what we do see is near surface low cost gold discovered so far at bizhe now whats under that will be the key could well be another 300koz++... or bugger all....even a small discovery 50koz would be steller an add another couple years to production

JBmurc
08-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Looks like there's a few keen buyers wanting on board CVR up 9% 4.7c after Gold tanked down $80 now if gold could rebound tonight on Obama/bernake speechs we may well see CVR close 5c for the week ...

trackers
08-09-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm in as of yesterday @ 4.3c - I was highest bidder for ages at 4.2c but noone would bite so I stepped up lol

Huang Chung
08-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Looks like there's a few keen buyers wanting on board CVR up 9% 4.7c after Gold tanked down $80 now if gold could rebound tonight on Obama/bernake speechs we may well see CVR close 5c for the week ...

I was one of them JB...another 300,000 at 4.4c. Got in just at the start of the late run.

whipit
08-09-2011, 07:26 PM
I got a couple yesterday too, not one that likes to miss a party :)

JBmurc
09-09-2011, 09:57 AM
very good I couldn't help myself either taking my holding to 770k av 4.4c ....I really think CVR will give us all one very nice Xmas bonus this year with:

1#-Getting production underway with costs under control(I see going from their likely Silver production @$10 costs CVR will make another 4mill+)

2#-Getting Bizhe at Bizhe an drilling up another large JORC resource for feedstock to the 500ktpa plant only tens kms away..

3#-P.R of the longer term prospects of the company getting a 2moz+silver,copper resource + 2 plants in full production etc value to peers..

have invested an studied many many Gold explorers/producers an if CVR can keep costs under control av $500-600oz with 2 plants producing 80koz+150koz silver p.a with reserves 8-10yrs in place you would think at the very least the market would value round 10x the current value at a P.E of only 3

Huang Chung
09-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Over a million shares traded in the first 10min!

JBmurc
09-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Over a million shares traded in the first 10min!

yeah big wall at 4.9 some 1.7mill shares going take some buying to get to 5c hope it happens today would be super bullish for next week very little seller depth to 5.5 once it's broken

JBmurc
09-09-2011, 12:53 PM
WOW CVR just smashed through 4.9 now 5c many buyers getting on board I'm up 14% only brought my first lot three days
some big trades going on 1mill just got sold 4.9c

JBmurc
09-09-2011, 02:00 PM
TOOT TOOT.......5.3c looking like CVR will have it's biggest vlume day of it's 4yr history today
Big BIG thanks goes out too Huang Chung for bringing it to are attention is what Sharetrader is all about .....

trackers
09-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Nice work guys :)

Huang Chung
09-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Gotta share the luv :p.

Huang Chung
09-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Heard on the grapevine that CVR are kicking off a roadshow next week.

Can only help build support for the stock.

JBmurc
09-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Yes sounds good HC looks like we could well finish the week at 5.5c here was me hoping to see a 5-5.1c close after yesterdays close ...only .03 from CVR highest close of the year....
Another good move in the price of Gold overnight will set us up nicely on monday ...from my T/A skills once we break the 5.8c close we are onto the next are of resistance round 8c once thats breached away we go....10c+
Fundamental bring on the gold pour / exploration results a Bizhe

JBmurc
09-09-2011, 06:27 PM

thats one big wall of buyers ...... love the optimistic sellers they may have to wait a few months ... or will they

Has made my week esp as I'v been sick with a nasty flu

Huang Chung
09-09-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm crook as well JB....maybe this is when we do our best work lol.

PS....that bar chart is GOLD (pun intended).

whipit
10-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Woot woot party alright! Cheers for the tip off HC!

soulman
10-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Thanks HC for the tips. Maybe you and JB are the one that moved CVR with your largish buying. I am out for a quicky but will look to re-enter on weaknesses.

JBmurc
11-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Thanks HC for the tips. Maybe you and JB are the one that moved CVR with your largish buying. I am out for a quicky but will look to re-enter on weaknesses.
yeah I wouldn't want to keep out of CVR to long if it was me at this point, I really think if the 20k au+140k ag production gets off to a good start along with some good exploration results at Bizhe an if Gold holds or goes higher it's very likely to see CVR get to 10c+ in the short term ,the roadshow this week along with some news coverage will attract more buyers as you couldn't say CVR was expensive at this levels with a likely 30mill EBIT p.a start up.

Huang Chung
11-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Very short term (next few days), share price could go anywhere, depending on the whims of the momentum players, profit takers etc. If you start talking weeks or months, then I'm fairly comfortable that the direction will be strongly up.

karen1
11-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Over this year in particular, I have learned much from posts on ST, often re-reading parts of a thread more than once. And I still have much to learn.

The thread is one I find interesting currently, particularly in light of the history of the SP. Without me spending some hours doing research to find out why, (and I have in fact done some research, probably not enough!) and appreciating that considerable time between listing and now has been spent focussing on “JORC compliant resource statements”, is someone able to enlighten me regarding the rise and fall of this SP, since it’s float around, presumably, July 2007, at which point it was 25c?

It would be easy for me to assume “that is the way of the market”, ups and downs, the gold price, etc, but is that all there is in play here, and if, as JB suggests, it reaches 10c, is that a fair expectation of a stock which 5 years ago was twice that?

Did it simply become an unfavourable stock for a while?

JBmurc
12-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Over this year in particular, I have learned much from posts on ST, often re-reading parts of a thread more than once. And I still have much to learn.

The thread is one I find interesting currently, particularly in light of the history of the SP. Without me spending some hours doing research to find out why, (and I have in fact done some research, probably not enough!) and appreciating that considerable time between listing and now has been spent focussing on “JORC compliant resource statements”, is someone able to enlighten me regarding the rise and fall of this SP, since it’s float around, presumably, July 2007, at which point it was 25c?

It would be easy for me to assume “that is the way of the market”, ups and downs, the gold price, etc, but is that all there is in play here, and if, as JB suggests, it reaches 10c, is that a fair expectation of a stock which 5 years ago was twice that?

Did it simply become an unfavourable stock for a while?

think big reason why the SP has been hit is a mixture of GFC an share dilution (been round 200mill shares now 670mill)

trackers
12-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Bet you're having a good day today JB - CVR is dominating and PXG's just started toot tooting (finally!!)

drillfix
12-09-2011, 02:15 PM
think big reason why the SP has been hit is a mixture of GFC an share dilution (been round 200mill shares now 670mill)

So very true there JB.

Actually Karen, if you look at quite a few stocks that get listed even recently and compare them with before and in the years to come, notice how eventually the dilution will water them down as they need cash to survive or progress, and which any lack of performance of progress can cost badly and thus water down the process further. Obviously the better success then the less dilution as a company that has that is able to raise more, with less dilution.

Many previous newly listed 20c stocks came on to the market at a premium, and sometimes on the listing day at double the listing price. Look at the majority of them now and only 10% if that make it upward and on ward whilst the other 90% or most of it, fall into the penny dreadful death spiral, or situation, yet amongst them there are some Gems still.

JBmurc
12-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Bet you're having a good day today JB - CVR is dominating and PXG's just started toot tooting (finally!!)

Yeah I'm doing alot better than the ASX which is down 3% I'm only down 1% thanks to CFE,PSA but yes CVR doing well PXG also kicking into gear
backs up my point to move my Portfolio more towards Gold/Silver soon to be producers CCU,CVR,KMC(sold KMC now) but also buying explorers like PXG(PXGOA)that are hugely undervalued at current JORC an if they can increase to 3moz then when you look at producers on the ASX with that size resource should be worth 300mill+

--CVR has just put out a Presentation today well worth looking at longer term 2013 CVR could well be a 130koz low cost producer with a sizable resource 2moz+
what the gold price an market value be at that stage ??

karen1
12-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Thanks JB (love the avatar!) and DF, for your patience and teaching. Will follow this post and dream of your success! Being a small and timid player in the market, don't think I'm brave enough or have the funds to get into this, but it's a great way to learn.

drillfix
12-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks JB (love the avatar!) and DF, for your patience and teaching. Will follow this post and dream of your success! Being a small and timid player in the market, don't think I'm brave enough or have the funds to get into this, but it's a great way to learn.

Hey Karen, were not all big players here, so whatever you do, dont fear the reaper girl as once you start to know what is what and when is when, things will become more natural.

I got wiped out on the last crash and rebuilding by day trading has had to be one of the toughest things I have done (emotionally, mentally and some physical) as having already lost everything, there is only one way to move which is upward (providing you learn you lessons well).

Bit by bit we get there, and confidence comes and you will eventually finding yourself playing hit and run in a downward market, yet while the market turns upwards (should or when or if we ever get to that again) then you will find it so very easy and natural like you were born to do this.

Key for me in all this charade is just to survive, if I can do that, then when I wish to put my hands out for more, it will come, and I will prevail again.

Good luck and keep learning as there is stacks of info as you know online. Or if you need any learning resources then let us know and I can help.

Cheers~!

Huang Chung
12-09-2011, 06:49 PM
A disappointing, though not completely unexpected, result for the day. Mid-fours would be a lovely buying opportunity me thinks.....

JBmurc
12-09-2011, 06:55 PM

Everyones got to start somewhere your soon build confidence even with a small portfolio keep reading asking Questions if you need help like DS said let us know

JBmurc
12-09-2011, 07:11 PM
A disappointing, though not completely unexpected, result for the day. Mid-fours would be a lovely buying opportunity me thinks.....

Yes some profit taking on the open an close thought about selling some at 6c but decided not too esp after reading the presentation I now see a silver production at dalabai to lift to 550koz which on its own could be round 20mill EBIT

karen1
12-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate your comments and offers of help. From my perspective, I was prepared to see a bigger fall on this today, in light of overall conditions. Just looking at some "popular" NZ shares, and seeing them remain stable or rise today, I'm inclined to think that if CVR can more or less hold it's ground on such a day it is definitely a gem in the making. I haven't had the chance to look at the presentation yet, but intend to - may even get me tempted to throw caution to the wind.

Not a chance I'll become a day trader DF, just not in a position to contemplate it. Will stick to longer term rather than shorter term stocks, with income (divs) taking precedent, but have a small portfolio which is where I am learning plenty, but not pouring in too many $.

Again, appreciate your input.

Huang Chung
15-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Added another 300,000 shares today.

As my broker says...CVR is a pretty easy story.

Huang Chung
15-09-2011, 07:07 PM
You still buying JB?

I'm closing in on 3 million shares, after grabbing another 200,000 today.

JBmurc
15-09-2011, 07:20 PM
You still buying JB?

I'm closing in on 3 million shares, after grabbing another 200,000 today.

jeez you keep going like that your be a TOP20 holder I haven't been buying anymore of late invested in 8 different companies all have good upside like CVR .....
I'm hoping I'll be able to take some profits an if CVR are still at these bargain prices buy a few more , no brainer at these levels like so many shares these days

JBmurc
27-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Mining Commences at Dalabai
Perth-based Central Asia Resources Limited (ASX-CVR) is pleased to announce that mining commenced at its Dalabai Gold Project, in Kazakhstan, yesterday.
Key points
◆ Mining commenced at approximately 1,000 tonnes of ore per day ◆ Mining to be ramped up to 1,500 tonnes per day by December ◆ Crushing commenced at 500 tonnes per day ◆ Crushing to be ramped up over one month to 1,500 tonnes per day ◆ On schedule to commence gold production in Q4 2011
Central Asia Resources’ Managing Director Angela Pankhurst praised the operations team for remaining on time and on budget.
“We have reached another milestone in our transition to being a gold producer in 2011, thanks to a great team effort,” Ms Pankhurst said.
“We are now focused on delivering gold production on schedule in Q4 2011.”
Mining and crushing at 1,500 tonnes per day should give an average annualised production rate of 15,000 ounces of gold per year. Planned increases in crushing capacity will double production to an expected 30,000 ounces per year in 2012.
Construction of the processing facility and the application for the minerals processing license are on schedule. Mining and crushing at the expected rates will mean that the heap will also be ready on schedule.
“Dalabai is the first of our projects to be developed,” Ms Pankhurst said.
“We will be drilling at Bizhe, Altyntas and Dalabai in Q4 2011 and for most of 2012, to increase Resources and ultimately production.
Further information about Central Asia Resources’ projects and plans are available on the Company’s new website, www.centralasia.com.au”

drillfix
27-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Got a couple orders in for CVR though a small order got filled at 4c today, so it looks like I am in :)

Or at least for whilst a relief rally is in play, however, the story is good with only a $540 /oz production cost so plenty of headroom.

Another order is sitting close to a potential support which I dont think its gonna hit so one day at a time.

JBmurc
27-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Got a couple orders in for CVR though a small order got filled at 4c today, so it looks like I am in :)

Or at least for whilst a relief rally is in play, however, the story is good with only a $540 /oz production cost so plenty of headroom.

Another order is sitting close to a potential support which I dont think its gonna hit so one day at a time.

Don't sell to early I'd wait to the Gold pours min next Qtr will reward esp if the Gold price keep heading up...10c+ etc

drillfix
30-09-2011, 04:37 PM
As of yesterday, I am back on the sidelines now JB, as there are some serious sellers whom just want to lighten their load it seems

Listened to the BRR interview as well.

I never knew there was a woman CEO for this company.

Not saying that is good or bad or anything but the last time I was invested in a company with a woman CEO it nearly peeled my skin off and sent me walking across the hot rocks in the heat of the day time sun, so I am partially nervous, or should I say, naturally nervous with CEO woman (sorry to all you woman ceo fans out there) as some of you know whom I am referring too.

Will see how markets play out over the next week or so and reconsider.

soulman
01-10-2011, 03:07 AM
Yeah, me too Drill. Offload them yesterday. Definitely, if it hits the low 3 cents, I'll be back in.

Huang Chung
01-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Wow, you go on holidays, and everything goes to hell in a handbasket.

Terrible couple of weeks for all my stocks.

Hope to be posting a bit more when we finish our cruise next week....next stop Gibraltar.

drillfix
01-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Hi HC,
Yeah its pretty tough conditions out there at present. And please take caution as it appears (keep and eye on the ASX thread) there could be more to the downside to come. Maybe not in this stock CVR (who knows) but for other stocks.

You can also tell tough times by even when relief rallies are so obvious with the sellers dumping out and lack of buyers out there.

I hope you are enjoying your cruise though and not playing too much of that deck shuffle board with the oldies :P

Have a safe trip back when you return :)

JBmurc
01-10-2011, 10:12 PM
As of yesterday, I am back on the sidelines now JB, as there are some serious sellers whom just want to lighten their load it seems

Listened to the BRR interview as well.

I never knew there was a woman CEO for this company.

Not saying that is good or bad or anything but the last time I was invested in a company with a woman CEO it nearly peeled my skin off and sent me walking across the hot rocks in the heat of the day time sun, so I am partially nervous, or should I say, naturally nervous with CEO woman (sorry to all you woman ceo fans out there) as some of you know whom I am referring too.

Will see how markets play out over the next week or so and reconsider.

Overall I'm very happy with CVR(outside the SP)everything is going to plan looking forward to the first gold pour ,i see trading has been on low volumes so nothing much to the SP any decent buying will lead to like last time a good drive north

..CVR CCU my two core Precious metal holdings for good reason as their both on the cusp of going into massive cash-flow production to market value after long time of huge effort many explorers put in to still never get anywhere close to making a profit an instead mining share holders pockets..

If the bull trend in Precious metals continues even if the markets go septic the likes of CVR will be taking home it's entire market value each year from it's operations ....show me a company I can buy here in NZ that will do that I'll buy it ..

JBmurc
14-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Cheapest gold in the world

Michael Quinn, 6 October 2011

SOFTLY, softly in the ‘Stans’ seems to be the theme from a handful of budding gold producers that will be hoping for a major re-rating to put them on a par with their peers in West Africa once they start pouring gold bars.

The region is, according to one of its proponents Stephen Ross of Manas Resources, home to the “cheapest gold in the world ... almost by a factor of 10 when compared to West African gold”.

The reason?

“In my opinion, the market just does not trust the region and has not seen enough success stories to warrant an increased valuation – the same as West Africa 10 to 15 years ago,” Ross says.

Permitting delays have been the headline reasons for a lack of success stories in a region that on the surface is resplendent with big gold deposits (often literally!). In response, the new crop of contenders like Manas and its peers such as Chaarat Gold, Central Asia Resources, Alhambra Resources and Hambledon Mining have adopted the strategy of starting small. This is seen as improving the chances of expeditiously receiving approvals as well as proving their bona fides (to locals, authorities and the investment community) ahead of more substantial developments thereafter.

So instead of the 100,000 ounce per annum development typically seen in West Africa – and these days that number is heading towards 200,000ozpa judging by the likes of Gyrphon and Ampella, for example – operations of 20,000-40,000ozpa are de riguer in the Stans.

Central Asia Resources began mining last month at its Dalabai project in Kazakhstan, where the production rate averages 25,000oz of gold (and 550,000oz of silver) at cash costs of $US540/oz.

The beauty of the small profile is the small capex ($US10.7 million), and yet at a budgeted $US1500/oz gold price, net cashflow for the initial 2.7 year project comes in at a not insignificant $US62 million.

Next up for Central Asia Resources will potentially be a seven-year, 65,000ozpa CIL project at Altyntas, which the company is “preparing for development in 2012”.

Chaarat will start with 40,000ozpa at its Tulkubash project (Kyrgyzstan), which will then be expanded to 100,000oz. In the background is the “company maker” Kiziltash project where an initial 180,000ozpa profile is envisaged by mid-decade.

Hambledon plans have been to produce 23,500oz in 2011 rising to 100,000oz in 2016 (with operating costs “mid quartile) from its Sekisovskoye project in Kazakhstan. Last month the company announced the acquisition of two other projects, one of which could add 20,000ozpa to the Sekisovskoye equation from mid-2014.

Huang Chung
14-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Nice find JB.

STRAT
15-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi fellas.
Im sure you know what you are doin but it looks to me like some serious coin has been leaving this stock over the last 5 months.

Aotea
15-10-2011, 12:04 PM
You're right Strat, but Im happy enough with that first pour coming on very soon along with drilling underway elsewhere...Will be taking a punt this week on CVR on a red day.

Shaneoz
15-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Strat,

Out of interest, how do you work that out? Are you looking at an indicator or just volume levels?
Probably a silly question but I have to ask.

drillfix
15-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Strat,

Out of interest, how do you work that out? Are you looking at an indicator or just volume levels?
Probably a silly question but I have to ask.

Hi Shane,

Sorry to but in on your question to Strat, but while I am here I thought this may help.
Yes, volume is one way but OBV is another.

Check this out: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/onbalancevolume.asp#axzz1apCQHxvz

Of which basically states:

Investopedia explains On-Balance Volume - OBV
OBV attempts to detect when a financial instrument (stock, bond, etc.) is being accumulated by a large number of buyers or sold by many sellers. Traders will use an upward sloping OBV to confirm an uptrend, while a downward sloping OBV is used to confirm a downtrend. Finding a downward sloping OBV while the price of an asset is trending upward can be used to suggest that the "smart" traders are starting to exit their positions and that a shift in trend may be coming.

Cheers~!

JBmurc
15-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Hi fellas.
Im sure you know what you are doin but it looks to me like some serious coin has been leaving this stock over the last 5 months.

As have so many shares I don't think you could read anything into the current SP weakness forward earning an earning growth over the mid-long term is nothing short of speculator ....like so many jnr up in coming producers ...

Shaneoz
15-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Thanks for that drillfix. Will Keep an eye on that in the future.

STRAT
15-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Strat,

Probably a silly question but I have to ask.Hi Shane.
What he said :D

OBV. There are others but I like that one best.

As JB wrote. The guts dropped out just after the General Market started the recent down hill slide but CVR didnt just turn with the Market.

Compare the OBV chart for CVR with the ASX

The reason I think this is important is because there will always be someone with more money than us invested the company who is way closer to the action.
Id be checking the company news over the last year or so for any change in substantial holdings and taking a look at who was selling if possible.

JBmurc
17-10-2011, 05:45 PM
More so the Precious metal market both Gold/Silver were sold down round the time CVR also came under pressure ..short sighted IMHO--- 2012 will be a massive year for CVR value

drillfix
17-10-2011, 06:07 PM
I took a small position in CVR today there JB.

2012 seems like a while a way to me as 1 week in the market at times can feel like a life time...lol
(market conditions pending of course)

JBmurc
17-10-2011, 08:04 PM
I took a small position in CVR today there JB.

2012 seems like a while a way to me as 1 week in the market at times can feel like a life time...lol
(market conditions pending of course)

yes I be buying up today after selling down many of my positions last week i.e CFE,CCU been buying a few AYN,RMS
As long as CVR production goes to plan we should be right even if the credit markets take another dive as I'm confindent GOLD/silver will hold to go higher in 2012

Huang Chung
22-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Kazakhstan to buy domestic gold production:

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CD8QqQIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reuters.com%2Farticle%2F2011% 2F10%2F18%2Fkazakhstan-cbank-idUSL5E7LI1U120111018&rct=j&q=kazahkstan%20gold&ctbm=nws&ei=mtWhTqa6LdGZiAeN7ZmlAQ&usg=AFQjCNG-y99pp8cGnfSy-0TdC16LxMtO5A

drillfix
25-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Wow, Not many shares get traded with CVR but when they do, somebody seems to drop a Million shares in one hit.

Some top 20 holder lightening their load perhaps?

JBmurc
25-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Wow, Not many shares get traded with CVR but when they do, somebody seems to drop a Million shares in one hit.

Some top 20 holder lightening their load perhaps?

Yes crazy times CVR being treated as high risk explorer an not a very soon to be gold/silver producer that has invested huge time an money to get to the mining stage an very soon to be pouring Gold/Silver bars for large profits, we will be moving to every increasing cash inflows rather than the many years of cash outflows that every explorer must do, then even after the massive spend very few become producers ...can't wait for the announcement "Gold/silver production underway in Kaz"

drillfix
25-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Some good points indeed there JB.

Although, can you advise briefly, has this management performed well with regards to meeting milestones and having done everything they say they were going to do? And on time?

To think a cap raising at 3.5c and the stock now trades below this. Kinda makes we want to even take a position at 3.5c just for the novelty of it all to even just watch time play out..lol

As you know, my previous encounter with female CEO's and fundamentals had left me not caring for any fundamentals, but I do realise this cannot be the case with every woman CEO and I would like to dismiss all that and have someone like yourself or who knows the Co, clarify what missed, late, delayed, issues and excuses have there been in the past if any?

JBmurc
25-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Well I've only been invested in CVR for a short time but from what I've seen CVR mgmt are very close to delivering gold production on time an well within budget only wish CCU could do it .....of course there's still risks till the cashflow statements are announced but overall I think CVR is looking very good investment.

worth Listening to the last BRR with the CVR MD she states longer term CVR plan to have 100koz+ production by 2015 with of course the extra plant at Altyntas up in running.. so if costs are keeped under control CVR could see nett cashflows close to 100mill USD p.a

--Recent Ann--
$1M Exploration Programme for Q4 2011
Perth-based gold miner Central Asia Resources Limited (ASX-CVR) is pleased to announce it will spend $1 million on its exploration programme for Q4 2011. Exploration will focus on the Company’s Dalabai, Altyntas and Bizhe prospects in Kazakhstan.
Key points
◆ ◆ ◆ ◆
Dalabai exploration programme $500,000 Altyntas exploration programme $300,000 Bizhe exploration programme $200,000 Results to determine exploration programmes for Q1 2012
Managing Director Angela Pankhurst said: “The exploration programmes have been designed to progress our plans for each of our projects. We expect exploration to be ongoing at all three prospects in 2012. The results from the drilling this quarter will be used to plan the programmes for early next year.”
The Dalabai drill programme is designed to maintain and potentially increase the currently established 2.7-year mine life. The majority of the current Dalabai Resource is from zones 4, 5 and “central”, which are three of the 10 identified ore zones on the portion of the license area which has been explored. Zones 4 and 5 are the first two planned pits and remain open along strike, drilling is planned to close these off. Drilling will also be conducted on central zone and zones 2 and 7.
Drilling at Altyntas will primarily target the areas of the ore body expected to provide feed for a 40,000-ounce per year heap leach facility planned to commence in 2013.
The Bizhe drill programme has started and is designed to test the encouraging trenching results on one of two known ore zones on this 246 km2 license area. Bizhe is initially being assessed as feed for the Dalabai processing facility there, less than 20km away.
“These programmes are the results of the combined knowledge and experience of our Exploration Manager, Duncan Greenaway, and our local geologists. They are the next step to increasing production beyond the average 25,000 ounces per year planned for Dalabai commencing this year,” Angela Pankhurst said.

drillfix
26-10-2011, 01:43 PM
JB,I know the company has big plans for 2013, 2015 etc, but I am more interested in whats happening next week, month or quarter.

All info that has been issued thus far is all positive and sounds good, however with the share price having a price of a 0.027c Low and a 0.063c high the stock is clearly range bound until some fundamental news is issued to give the stock a push. So what I am saying is this stock really needs to break out.

Meanwhile, it looks like gold has made a move upward again in anticipating European meeting delays and the ability to get its act together.

Huang Chung
26-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Drilly, within that range, there is a potential 50 percent upside from current prices. I wouldn't complain about that.

drillfix
26-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Drilly, within that range, there is a potential 50 percent upside from current prices. I wouldn't complain about that.

LOL HC, I never thought my posts sounded like a complaint as such.

And yes for sure, plenty of room to move indeed, actually and even a move up 8% today alone, though looking forward to an actual breakout technically due to the release of some fundamentals.

trackers
28-10-2011, 02:32 PM
I've taken the plunge.

1.3mil oz JORC gold @ $25mil market cap, in production, and with "Significant exploration upside" is right up my alley. MD is ex Enviro Gold and I liked how they go about business.

Mining and crushing has been underway for a month so hopefully first gold production is not too far away (especially with Gold @ $1750US).

Huang Chung
29-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Encouraging to see a recovery in the silver price in particular. CVR have used $1,500 gold and $40 silver in their assumptions. Silver now recovering to be north of $35, and gold still cruising high at $1,745.

All things being equal, I'd expect to see the CVR share price to rebound as well.

drillfix
31-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Some more cheap stock being disposed of but only on small volume, yet not bad buying below the 3.5c previous placement.

Now we see a spread of nearly half a cent. Where to next?

JBmurc
31-10-2011, 02:54 PM
It's all on the upcoming production numbers we get the ones planned 7c will be crossed easy....then to get towards 10c the earnings numbers will do the trick...

Good exploration numbers will add to the above IMHO

30koz au short-term 100k au longer term 300koz Silver p.a + IMHO longer term 2015-17 CVR could well command a 500-600mill marketcap if the costs stay round 500-600 per oz an the Gold price stays above 1700oz USD with a 2moz+ gold in reserves

drillfix
31-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Made another entry at 3.4c again today JB.

Will add on any breakout upwards, if and when this happens.

Say, with your mentioned targets, when approximately can we expect some more news from this Co? Any time soon?

JBmurc
31-10-2011, 03:37 PM
yes can't be far away drilly ,,I'd say the sept Qtr will be one very good report with exploration/production updates

JBmurc
31-10-2011, 08:14 PM
31 October 2011
September 2011 Quarterly Report
During the September 2011 Quarter, Central Asia Resources (ASX: CVR) has continued to focus on its goal of becoming a gold producer from Q4 2011, with development at its Dalabai Project in Kazakhstan continuing on schedule.
Key points
• Mining and crushing commences at Dalabai with rates to ramp up by December • Development of Dalabai remains on time and budget • Dalabai on schedule to start producing gold in Q4 2011 • $1 million exploration programme across CVR’s projects during Q4 2011
• Drilling commenced at Bizhe • Kazakhstan enters Top 50 economies in World Bank Doing Business 2012 Report
Dalabai
Central Asia Resources’ Dalabai Gold Project is being developed to mine and process 25,000 ounces of gold and 550,000 ounces of silver per year for, initially, 2.7 years. Continued exploration is expected to significantly extend the life of mine. Dalabai remains on schedule to commence gold production in Q4 2011.
Significant milestones during the quarter included: - Construction of the processing facility commenced - The first 200,000 man hours completed on site with no Lost Time Injuries - Mining commenced at approximately 1,000 tonnes of ore per day - Mining to be ramped up to 1,500 tonnes per day by December - Crushing commenced at 500 tonnes per day - Crushing to be ramped up to 1,500 tonnes per day
Central Asia estimates that mining and crushing at 1,500 tonnes per day should give an average annualised production rate of 15,000 ounces of gold. Planned increases in crushing capacity will double production to an expected 30,000 ounces of gold per year in 2012.
Construction of the processing facility and the application for a minerals processing licence are on schedule. Mining and crushing at the expected rates will mean that the heap will also be ready on schedule.
On 6 October 2011, Central Asia announced it would spend $500,000 on exploration at Dalabai during Q4 2011 as part of a $1 million exploration programme for the quarter. The Dalabai drill program is designed to maintain and potentially increase the currently-established 2.7-year mine life.
Bizhe
Bizhe is initially being assessed as potentially feed for the Dalabai processing facility less than 20km away.
In October, Central Asia announced it will spend $200,000 on exploration at Bizhe during Q4 2011 as part of a $1 million exploration programme. The drilling is designed to test the grade, extent and continuity of one of two known mineralised zones on the 246km2 licence area identified by encouraging trenching results.
This programme is already underway at Bizhe with eight diamond drill holes totalling approximately 860 metres. Drill hole depth will vary from 70m to 140m.
Altyntas
Altyntas is scheduled for development in two stages, with production from heap leaching commencing in 2013 at approx. 40,000 ounces gold per annum. A CIL processing facility is expected to be developed in 2015 with a capacity of 100,000 ounces gold per annum.
Altyntas currently has a Resource of 600,000 ounces of gold (see tables 1 and 2). Further drilling and testwork is required to increase the confidence in and size of the ore zone. Central Asia will spend $300,000 on exploration at Altyntas during Q4 2011 as part of a $1 million exploration program for the quarter. Exploration plans for next year will be confirmed later this quarter .
Management
It was announced on 27 July 2011 that Ms Ingrid Laudzevics retired as Central Asia Resources’ Company Secretary. Ms Michelle Kong was appointed to the position.
Doing Business Report
The World Bank Doing Business Report 2012 (released in October) confirmed that Kazakhstan continues to make significant improvements in governance, entering the top 50 world economies at number 47 up from 59 last year. This quantifies the investment-friendly environment in Kazakhstan, and its relative safety and stability as an operating environment when compared to its own region and regions such as West Africa.

JBmurc
31-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Cashflow report 6mill in cash 3mill in debt --5mill spend planned for next Qtr ...production underway during the qtr ramping up by Dec to 25koz au+ 550koz ag p.a

Huang Chung
31-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Seem like we're being hit by just one or two sellers who either need to raise funds fast, or are careless in the execution of their selling.

JBmurc
31-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Seem like we're being hit by just one or two sellers who either need to raise funds fast, or are careless in the execution of their selling.

yeah going be interesting how it goes tomorrow ,everything going to plan ....my rough est shows CVR making a tidy 20mill EBIT in their first ramping up year of 15koz au/550koz ag with costs running at $700oz USD(not the 540koz be on the safe side on ramp up costs)

JBmurc
01-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Greens in gold push Clancy Yeates
November 1, 2011

THE Greens will seek to pressure the Gillard government into widening the mining tax so that it includes gold, a move projected to raise an extra $1.8 billion over 10 years.

With the government planning to introduce its mining tax legislation later this week, Greens MP Adam Bandt yesterday said he would move amendments in the lower house to make gold miners' profits subject to the tax. Under the current plan, negotiated with mining giants last year, only iron ore and coal producers will pay the levy.

A report commissioned by the Greens in September found that including gold could raise an extra $1.8 billion over 10 years, and the value of gold exports would reach 17 per cent of the combined revenue of coal and iron ore exports.

Advertisement: Story continues below Although the Greens have said they will ultimately support the watered-down mining tax in the Senate, Mr Bandt's amendments may need to be considered as part of the government's negotiation with cross-bench MPs. Separately, Andrew Wilkie is demanding changes to make the tax more favourable to smaller miners, amid claims it has been designed to suit BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto and Xstrata.

Corporate
01-11-2011, 10:55 AM
If you guys like your goldies...take a look at IDC

drillfix
01-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Corp, why not take a position in both, or are you already doing this? :P

Corporate
01-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Corp, why not take a position in both, or are you already doing this? :P

I've been mulling over CVR DF. My concern is that they may have to raise cash near the end of the year. With $6m in the bank and a spend of $5m in Q4 there isn't much leeway for ramp up or any unexpected issues or delays.

Watching with interest.

drillfix
01-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Every company needs to spend or raise cash at some point of time as you know already Corp.

I made a couple entries at 3.4c which is below the last placement.

As JB has pointed out they also will be producing this quarter sometime, so if they can produce the gold in need, then eventually everything will pay for itself plus a lot more if things stick to plan.

Speaking of plans, well the brief of the Quarterly says they are sticking to the plan, and on time etc etc, and providing consistency remains, this is what keeps me with a toe or two dipped in the water.

================================

Quarterly Key points

+ Mining and crushing commences at Dalabai with rates to ramp up by December
+ Development of Dalabai remains on time and budget
+ Dalabai on schedule to start producing gold in Q4 2011
+ $1 million exploration programme across CVR’s projects during Q4 2011
+ Drilling commenced at Bizhe
+ Kazakhstan enters Top 50 economies in World Bank Doing Business 2012 Report

================================

Providing management or the company do what the say and obtain each milestone they state, the why should forecasts not come into fruition.

JB,
No results given in the quarterly (just the way I like it) so this mean a dedicated ann towards results when the are issued which is more for the PR train so to speak which is the way I prefer.

trackers
01-11-2011, 02:40 PM
I've been mulling over CVR DF. My concern is that they may have to raise cash near the end of the year. With $6m in the bank and a spend of $5m in Q4 there isn't much leeway for ramp up or any unexpected issues or delays.

Watching with interest.

1.7mil planned for development, 1.8mil for production. Would be a massive blowout to wipe out the extra mil... But it would be nice if that credit line had a bit more in it or if they secured an overdraft.

I'd say there's a few people waiting to see how the next quarter pans out.

JBmurc
01-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Yeah I'm sure CVR won't need to raise anymore cash with gold pouring in Dec ,but if they did I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get with a likely 20mill EBIT in the first year... good movement today up 13% on low 700k volume(if the likes of HC was buying his lot today we would have seen 5c+) should see 7-8c once the gold in flowing into the dore bars Dec-Jan...more if Gold moves towards 2k like so many analyst believe it will..

Huang Chung
01-11-2011, 06:23 PM
CVRs got ants in its pants today. Someone is aggressively driving the price higher. Did they spot something in yesterday's quarterly that we might have missed?

JBmurc
01-11-2011, 07:18 PM
CVRs got ants in its pants today. Someone is aggressively driving the price higher. Did they spot something in yesterday's quarterly that we might have missed?

---yeah that CVR is massively undervalued ,sellers aren't to keen to sell cheap buyers having to pay-up an chase the sellers some big gaps in the depth if you tired to buy you lot or even if I was looking to double my 1.2mill shares it would drive the SP well north

JBmurc
01-11-2011, 08:03 PM
If you guys like your goldies...take a look at IDC

Yeah had a quick look Corp looks alright but think I'll stick to CVR,PXG,RMS for my goldies AYN,CCU for my silver plays.....be well worth keeping on the watchlist
really want to keep most of the funds in producers or soon to be producers even if it's just through toll treatments like PXG short term plan

Have sold most of my explorers over the last few months i.e HLX,MOX,ARD etc

trackers
02-11-2011, 07:18 AM
was that you buying in today Corp lol? :D

JBmurc
02-11-2011, 01:12 PM
well after watching the AYN report it yet again shows how cheap CVR is compared to peer Gold/silver recent ramp-up producers

-Now AYN is a Silver producer but really the economics of value are the same for either....

-Currently AYN plan to have EBIT of 20mill p.a round the same as CVR should have in the first couple years on average p.a (yet CVR will grow much quicky longer term 100koz+ by 2015, even if the Gold/silver prices don't move where AYN plan to keep production pretty much the same 1.5-2moz)

-Reserves wise if you use the current 50:1 Silver/gold ratio CVR has 3 times the JORC resource than of AYN

--Yet AYN command a 128mill mktcap to CVR's 25mill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crazy

BUY CVR OR REGRET FOREVER IMHO

Disc-holding both CVR + AYN (CVR my long term hold AYN short term trade)

drillfix
02-11-2011, 01:55 PM
BUY CVR OR REGRET FOREVER IMHO

Disc-holding both CVR + AYN (CVR my long term hold AYN short term trade)

LOL JB, your passion for Ridgebacks and Gold are incredible!

Although dont you think that is going a tad too far with the regret forever phrase :p

I mean, its not like if you dont buy, the world stops spinning or anything.

There sure is an opportunity here which I can see fundamentally, but it wont be the end of the world.

Disc: Holding :)

JBmurc
02-11-2011, 02:18 PM
LOL JB, your passion for Ridgebacks and Gold are incredible!

Although dont you think that is going a tad too far with the regret forever phrase :p

I mean, its not like if you dont buy, the world stops spinning or anything.

There sure is an opportunity here which I can see fundamentally, but it wont be the end of the world.

Disc: Holding :)

-Guess it depends hold much effort you put into the sharemarket for me selling my CVR now to then see a 10x SP by 2015 say I'd be gutted much the same as shareholders of PDN would still be today for selling out at 10c etc.... not the end of the world just a opportunity that I know is one of the best going in the sector on the ASX/NZX to put aside would be a major regret longer term IMHO

drillfix
02-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Dont read to much into my previous post JB.

I completely understand that you stick to long term plans and see them through.

For me, I run two accounts so still thinking about buying some more for that long term account as you say.

JBmurc
02-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Gold surging trying get another 300k 4.1c today only got 90k don't like my chances tomorrow if gold keeps going now the large holder selling down to 3.3c recently now looks like he has run out of shares...the fool LOL

---worth alook top20 of CVR-----

http://www.centralasia.com.au/investorcentre-top20.asp

drillfix
02-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Gold surging trying get another 300k 4.1c today only got 90k don't like my chances tomorrow if gold keeps going now the large holder selling down to 3.3c recently now looks like he has run out of shares...the fool LOL

---worth alook top20 of CVR-----

http://www.centralasia.com.au/investorcentre-top20.asp

Cant see the "JBmurc Ridgeback Trust" anywhere in the Top 20 there JB, have you got another trading name?...LOL

I cant thanks that seller enough who sold it down to 3.3c as I got two parcels at 3.4c and another at 3.8 moving upward.

soulman
02-11-2011, 10:48 PM
That was mine JB. I sold 90K at 4.1. Small world and enjoy the shares.

Also, I was the lucky sod that got them for 3.3 but sold them for a lousy 3.5.

JBmurc
03-11-2011, 03:05 PM
That was mine JB. I sold 90K at 4.1. Small world and enjoy the shares.

Also, I was the lucky sod that got them for 3.3 but sold them for a lousy 3.5.

Very good soulman many thanks trying buy 50k more today can't believe the weakness in the bids your'd think CVR was a soon to be high cost copper producer etc not a high margin start up gold producers with a forward P/E of 1 in their ramp up year!!
buying CVR at these levels if very little more shares are created should see a 2015-16 forward P/E of .25 so they'll have earnings per Qtr to the current marketcap....

would love to be in the top 20 but would need to be holding over 5.7mill shares ,which isn't out of the question if the likes of my SSNO kick into gear but unlikely as the time i will have the funds to increase my holding I'm sure CVR will be in the teens
(the top 20 hold 59% of CVR shares)

drillfix
07-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Funny day today, Gold up to $1,770 as also is Bellwhether stock NCM yet CVR seem to be drawing out the sellers.

Why is this? Just another day, week, month at Central Asia Resources? Or perhaps time to take profits?

Technically, the daily shows some expectation in movement to the downside, which is fine, but by how much?

At some stage this co gotta issue some news to the market~!

drillfix
08-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Oh well, was good while it lasted I suppose.

Soulman, get your order in at 3.3c again because it looks like CVR is prepping up to revisit 3.3c again. And to think that it was only 10 trading days ago. Seems like a lifetime ago in daytrader time...LOL

I think some news is required as why are folks dumping now when gold is climbing up in the next upper channel?

Would have thought that presentations previously done would have convinced a few more or is it because of the woman CEO syndrome that CVR must jump through double hoops instead of single ones?

Ah well~!

Aotea
08-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Am gutted, just took a holding at 4.1!!!

drillfix
08-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Am gutted, just took a holding at 4.1!!!

Dont go too hard on yourself Aotea, as this is not healthy for ya. The stock is quite close to its low so it may just technically be another turn of the wheel so to speak. Once the daily lines up again then off it will or should go.

I would have thought it would have move some or partially with the upward gold price, but the market wants evidence of production and to know if everything will check out AOK with their times, targets and over come hurdles the upcoming ramp up gold producers go through.

As one test at a time becomes announced to market, then the price should margin upwards accordingly. Still plenty of upside on this stock providing the Co and Management delivers.

Look sat NCM (newcrest mining) Gold moves up, the stock nearly tracks it like a temperature barometer most of the time. At present, unfortunately it cannot be said about that with CVR (or so it seems, at present).

Hang 10 there mate and as long as your not overexposed in (any) the stock then everything should work out fine~!

Aotea
08-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Cheers Drilly,
All's good, have a nice balance of holdings...would be happy to hock off some URA to any chump out there though!

drillfix
08-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Cheers Drilly,
All's good, have a nice balance of holdings...would be happy to hock off some URA to any chump out there though!

There is always one born every day for URA whom will gladly buy your stock.

Though, I would wait till the rampers get their way and then whilst one day (if such exists) sell it into an up move should such thing be possible.

They have got their new chief in charge of ramping 5hareholder whom seems to pretend to know everything about ura and how it is a new company. I wonder how long it will take him to ramp this up with his Red Heart so he can then Offload into his newborn followers? Dont know but no doubt, eventually.

I see Zed got moderated for having an opinion over 5hareholder, which is a pitty becaues I always thumbs up Zed and Down thumb the red heart cheersquad.

drillfix
11-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Nice Ann today regarding Dalabi first months mining Exceeds expectations.

Shows and gives confidence I reckon. Plus I am pleased to see that management has its way of communicating with its both shareholders and Market accordingly.

So far so good so should any weakness present itself (I should be lucky) I think I will add a few more CVR to the long account.

ps:

There are some determined sellers out there whom seem to want to unload at 4.1c regardless of news and seems to put any potentially rally on the back-burner.

Ahh well, some determined buyers oughta solve that problem if they are out there~!

Huang Chung
11-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Well sumised Drilly. We should have run harder today, given we were sub 4c.

But that's that nature of this timid market, lots of unloading into any share price strength.

JBmurc
11-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Yes looking forward to seeing the first gold pour this year if all goes to plan as for the market price really stilllooks to be a majore seller of late esp.with the gold price getting close to 1800oz USD

Corporate
12-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Fellas, still watching with interest.

Do you think the lack of interest is due to the fact that Dalabai is only a 2.7 year project at this stage?

Jeez, I just read a presentation that said 550,000 oz of silver per year....is that right?

drillfix
14-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi Corp,

Could be a few reasons really, or a combination of them. I get the feeling the market just wants some confirmation to what is, or what is not.

So far things seem to be on track and by looking at some gaps in the sell side, an imminent breakout seems due at some stage as there appears to be no speculation priced into the sp as yet (imo) so either until some confirmation comes, we could see the sp SeeSaw back and forth with an eventual commitment upwards upon news.

I haven't even really considered the silver as much it is talked about, as I would prefer to focus and hear about Gold progress.

drillfix
16-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Had a read of the CVR thread on HC and notice a few of the gang here posting over there. Well done guys.

Now, I also notice plough there. I remember plough from early MZM days and he is quite a knowledgeable fella he is, though he seems to be concerned with permits it seems.

I dont blame him though, as it does and can happen to many companies although I just cant imagine this being a problem with CVR, can anybody see this as any concern? (whatsoever)?

Looking forward to a technical breakout sometime as we now have converging EMA with price riding above the 13ema which leads me to believe next week will be a key week for CVR unless the next couple of days shows us the odd insto taking a small position to get exposure to a junior gold stock with high potential.

JBmurc
16-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Had a read of the CVR thread on HC and notice a few of the gang here posting over there. Well done guys.

Now, I also notice plough there. I remember plough from early MZM days and he is quite a knowledgeable fella he is, though he seems to be concerned with permits it seems.

I dont blame him though, as it does and can happen to many companies although I just cant imagine this being a problem with CVR, can anybody see this as any concern? (whatsoever)?

Looking forward to a technical breakout sometime as we now have converging EMA with price riding above the 13ema which leads me to believe next week will be a key week for CVR unless the next couple of days shows us the odd insto taking a small position to get exposure to a junior gold stock with high potential.

Yes the permit is without doubt holding CVR back IMHO..can't wait too it's cleared....

drillfix
16-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Yes the permit is without doult holding CVR back IMHO..can't wait too it's cleared....

Any idea approximately when that will be issued or completed? or what is needed to complete that step and how long should it take?

ps: JB, spell checker comes with Firefox mate :)

JBmurc
17-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Any idea approximately when that will be issued or completed? or what is needed to complete that step and how long should it take?

ps: JB, spell checker comes with Firefox mate :)

Processing facility completion and minerals processing license expected within one month from 11th Nov so round second week DEC ...should be the catalyst for a breakout towards 6c

--p.s -do have a spell check on the MAC just didn't use it that time ....

drillfix
18-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Processing facility completion and minerals processing license expected within one month from 11th Nov so round second week DEC ...should be the catalyst for a breakout towards 6c

Thanks for the info JB, but cannot understand why there is somebody continually wanting to pull the pin and exit.

Unless some bigger buyers step up to the plate, who ever it is, will just continue to to reduce their holdings no matter what the fundamentals or company previous goals have been stated, why is this?

It looks like we are set to test the previous 3.3c again.

Its time for Soulman to get his orders ready...LOL

--p.s -do have a spell check on the MAC just didn't use it that time ....

Your as bad as your Ridge dog JB...LOL

JBmurc
18-11-2011, 03:09 PM

yeah I know

soulman
18-11-2011, 03:37 PM
It looks like we are set to test the previous 3.3c again.

Its time for Soulman to get his orders ready...LOL

I'll be ready for it Drill. I sold my CVR for 4 a few days ago after seeing big sellers pop up everytime it looks it's going somewhere. Bought those for 4.1 so took a hit.

drillfix
18-11-2011, 07:35 PM

yeah I know

Excellent JB, these Ridger's are better than any gold I reckon.

Here is my Ridge from a few years ago, Ben is no longer with us, but always will be in heart and memory

http://postimage.org/image/gt0b9ey7b/

His great grandaddy ridge was a NZ Champion whom also was an import to Australia many years back.

I have the time line an history form a pedigree register form the Canine council here in Qld.

Next time I get a Ridgeback I think I will get a pair, but no doubt will have to make a few bucks prior to that so I can also get a nice block of land for these Ridges :)

drillfix
18-11-2011, 07:43 PM
I'll be ready for it Drill. I sold my CVR for 4 a few days ago after seeing big sellers pop up everytime it looks it's going somewhere. Bought those for 4.1 so took a hit.

Timing this type of stock can be confusing at the best of times soulman, The daily chart is saying the stock needs to take a breather but perhaps it will, perhaps it wont, time sure will tell though.

I am happy to add lower, and nearly bought in on the up move like you did a few times, but realised, there is somebody that continually feeds the buyers, in which I now would prefer they come to me instead.

Also, I lightened up on a few other stocks to reduce exposure to the overall market due to a break in XAO support.

The EU situation can become much worst and we need folks, insto's to take positions in gold to gain exposure whilst there is weakness in the gold price.

The timing of that, along with some Fundamentals being proven from management via announcements will enable the next leg up which hopefully will create the higher high as this range bound yoyo moves we are experiencing are not very encouraging for many want to be long term position takers, IMO.

drillfix
22-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Some relentless sellers of this stock still remain out there it appears.

Either they dont wish to reduce risk or dont quite believe the full story perhaps? I guess it dont matter because their actions equal the same result.

Any news due for this Co in the near future JB ?

Huang Chung
22-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Don't think it's anything stock specific. Just about everything at the speculative end of the market is dying a slow lingering death, and CVR isn't any different.

drillfix
28-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Well today is an example of a seller that just doesn't care.

Fair enough that today's little sell off is only small volume, but it dont take much to drive the share price downward.

The question I would like to know is "why" are they selling or making an exit regardless of price?

Do they know something we do not? It sure feels like it.

soulman
28-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Not at all Drill. The volume today is too small for that to happen. Anyway, insider already state that the first month exceed expectation.

drillfix
28-11-2011, 03:02 PM
I guess what I am saying soulman is, other spec stocks are rocking along today, yet CVR still remains in neutral gear or partially in reverse gear.

Its like the market has a lack of interest in the stock. PXG on the other hand has some interest as do many other small caps out there that have little to nothing.

soulman
28-11-2011, 03:12 PM
I see your point Drill. Anyway, on another subject I have come on board on LNC.

Huang Chung
28-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Drilly, ZYL is another example where the price has been driven down, most likely by only a couple of sellers. Do they know something we don't know? Maybe, but I doubt it. Thousands of reasons for selling, so unless you could ask each seller why they sold, you'll never really know.

I've seen plenty examples where large holdings of been disposed of without much finesse. Thin markets like these makes unwinding of positions that much harder, so probably increases the likelihood of a dump.

drillfix
29-11-2011, 01:19 PM
No doubt your absolutely right there HC.

I tend to see it like some stakeholders just reducing stocks from their portfolio that expose to risk in general, but then when we see a seller @ 4c + above whom must have millions continually feed supply it can become a battle of perception to wonder why they choose to cap than let it run except that perhaps it is they whom wish to buy lower.

Again, all perception but like many of you guys, I look forward to some announcements to rectify this continual hindrance should it be possible, which I cannot see why it cannot.

drillfix
05-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Stop the bus folks,

Now that is not a small player today deciding to just dump over 1.3M shares at 11:30am today is it.

Why on earth would they dump unless the know something perhaps we do not.

Getting tired of this dumper and if the next round of news is not a mover, then no doubt what does not go up, will come down unfortunately.

JBmurc
06-12-2011, 09:25 PM
30 November 2011 Processing to commence at Dalabai in December
Central Asia Resources (ASX: CVR) confirms that it is on schedule to commence processing at its Dalabai Gold Project, Kazakhstan, in December.
Key points
 Processing plant and Minerals Processing License on track to commence processing in December 2011
 First gold pour and revenue expected in January 2012  Reconditioned agglomerator sourced to process fines  Bizhe exploration results expected December
Central Asia Managing Director Angela Pankhurst said: “The completion of the processing facility has been delayed by a few weeks due to bad weather. Processing is now due to commence in the second half of December 2011 and first gold will be produced in January 2012.”
A reconditioned agglomerator has been sourced in Kazakhstan and will be installed in December. This will enable the fines to be added to the heap leach pad. There continues to be a higher percentage of fines than expected and they continue to be a higher grade than the rest of the ore.
The Company expects to announce drilling results from its Bizhe prospect, less than 20km from Dalabai.
Updated Dalabai project statistics and the Company’s strategic plans for exploration, production and growth will also be released in December.
Ms Pankhurst added “We have achieved a lot already in 2011, with the development of Dalabai and the commencement of mining. Processing in December is the culmination of a lot of hard work by our whole team. In 2012 we will be a gold producer, and will have cashflow to progress our other projects and pursue growth opportunities.”

----------------------------------

So we should have Minerals Processing License ann this month an Bizhe drill results ann should well be the first of many catalysts to a major re-rating towards a much higher SP i'm sure the major seller will soon be out of shares(could well be a ex director seed cap investor with another project etc) I fully understand why the SP hasn't moved much as many a gold share has been hammered as well as CVR having major hurdles to overcome i.e license,plant up in running so many investors have been burnt on soon to be producers..

drillfix
07-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Nice info JB.

I also see there is some good reading over the on the CVG thread too with a very balanced views (it seems).

Good to see Aman also finally buying in after much scrutiny and debate, which rather than being convinced by your typical HC ramping was won over through experience and debate and knowledge being shared along with the company showing so far they are keeping the boxes ticked so to speak.

Will add to my position after a confirmation of a 4.2c breakout as shown below on the CVR chart.

CVR intraday & daily >> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/5uf6p7707x50xdp2q2p_CVRintraday.png

I would add should we hit the bottom of the CHOP zone which is treading water or meaningless trading, but the bottom there offers some movement for upside short term even.

Buying a 4.2c breakout is a technical assurance and also offers good probability to upside as well.

Stocks can remain in the chop zone for what feels like ages, but as you, our HC, and everybody here on this thread knows as well as the HC thread knows is that the News will drive this and once confirmation of previous statements and other targets are confirmed the stock should re-rate accordingly, but I will leave that to you the fundamentalists to determine what price as I will only show technical targets, if and when or should they be needed.

Anyway, been a while since a chart has been posted for CVR so there is is above :)

JBmurc
07-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Yes very much waiting on the final permit and within weeks to see the gold bars being produced, can't wait like so many to do some more fundamental study once the plant is up an running from the Qtr act/fin report's etc following the start up in JAN so IMHO we should well see a share price movement much like last time when the buyers overcome the sellers to 6c+ on the above news
exploration drilling results could well add some more upwards pressure..
Good numbers in first Qtr report will push us over 10c IMHO during April 12

Gold/silver prices will add/sub to the above

drillfix
07-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Well JB,

If there is anybody out there you know whom has $40K to speculate in a speck gold stock then that would drive the price up to 4.5c in one swoop and trigger a fab technical signal that offers nice probability along with what you say about the announcement due, which is more butter on the bun so to speak.

JBmurc
07-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Well JB,

If there is anybody out there you know whom has $40K to speculate in a speck gold stock then that would drive the price up to 4.5c in one swoop and trigger a fab technical signal that offers nice probability along with what you say about the announcement due, which is more butter on the bun so to speak.

Sadly not at this stage but I'm sure with good annoucements the bids will build quickly with a thinning out of sellers 4.5c will be passed very quickly IMHO

drillfix
07-12-2011, 06:39 PM
JB another thing.

A part from anticipated announcement the (as with many gold stocks) are waiting for Bellwether stock NCM to run around.

It has been sold off on the 60 min chart and to me, has also had an knock on sentiment effect on most of the juniors, IMO

Divergence in the 60 min MACD histogram shows this eventually drawing to a close and I would say next week will be the week for gold and gold stocks whereby the tide will pull in their favour (again IMO and speculatively thinking).

JBmurc
07-12-2011, 08:09 PM
yeah for sure a strong general move across the bigger Gold producers will help the overall sentiment towards the sector which is well out of line with the underlining cashflows getting made.....think we'll see some love in the new year

drillfix
08-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Hi again JB,

You know, for whatever reason why I continue to go on about a seller that drip feeds the price in the up half of the 3's I am finding it more of a mystery than a concern.

As to me, is becoming more symbolic that is starting to concern me.

Does anybody have access to the top 20 as in a day by day or week by week option?

Would like to piece this together as should, when, if any potential run come in favour of the fundamentals, then here we have some entity that does not care for these fundamentals at the cost of smaller and all holders of the stock and it still would be good to know who actually is doing this regardless of why.

drillfix
12-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Plenty of stock on the sell side below 4c available now it seems.

This could come down like a house of cards if it continues to sit like this "or" with the lack of good news~!

JBmurc
12-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Plenty of stock on the sell side below 4c available now it seems.

This could come down like a house of cards if it continues to sit like this "or" with the lack of good news~!

If we seen the larger offers @ 3.7c-3.8c come down an hit the bids at 3.4-3.5 i'd be more worried something was up but ever time i start to get a bit worried CVR announce that everything is going to plan which show the sellers were selling on pure speculation...
would think we will have the final permit this week..as well as an update on operations before Xmas..overall when you think of the total amount of shares the likes of us hold I'm 1.5m HC 4m know another few non poster with another 1mill whats on offer isn't really that much once the gold/silver starts to flow into bars

drillfix
12-12-2011, 01:54 PM
I guess that is a point to note, but previously we had seen these (this?) seller come downward to meet the bid a couple of times.

Only concern JB is that more often than not, when a seller appears like they seem to know something or of something. This of course does not mean that there is something wrong, but rather, something does not sit right with them hence why they sell.

On the last little decline I ended up picking up some more at 3.5c of which to me presents great upside however as previously mentioned a slight concern if they move the offer downward. (yet I should be grateful they have..lol)

I guess I am not used to holding some stocks for long periods of time, however I have 2 in my short term account that I am trying which are CVR and PXG, yet once you get a buffer profit gap upward between bid and the ask whilst holding a stock, it tends to feel more like a long hold, rather than holding for a long period with only a marginal comfort gap upward or near even.

Here's looking forward to news issued from CVR anyway~!

JBmurc
12-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Yeah can't wait for the updates be a great Xmas present to see some high grade hit at Bizhe. also..processing news- then-First gold pour and revenue expected in January 2012.....so not long to wait selling now doesn't make sense when you see how long 5yrs+ it takes to go from the Gold explorer to producer....If I was ever going sell in the short term It wouldn,t be till at least Feb-march if I wasn't happy with production,exploration etc

drillfix
15-12-2011, 01:06 PM
JB, looks like the lack of updates is now Killing this stock as it gets hammered and now risks eventually testing the 2.7 low.

Add to the pog breaking through major supports is not a good thing also shown in the decline of many goldies.

Thinking I may now reduce my position in CVR & build a better position into PXG.

Will maintain a small holding for any upside, should, if or when it comes.

Huang Chung
15-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Wow, that was a dreadful day. You might have saved yourself a few bucks by pulling the eject handle Drilly.

drillfix
15-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Yeah HC, it sure was a horrific day.
I was going to do that at 4c but thought I may add to the position on weakness but we got POG dropping like lead and the lack of news from the Co to keep holders belief system in place, therefore we get what we have.

So, I ended up taking a small loss but reducing my position to only a small position today, which is easy to add to if need be.

This way I can still keep some exposure to the stock without losing an arm or leg.

If anything I am a bit disappointed in myself as a trader to have missed taking profits, when I knew I should have, but thats all part of the game and in these markets, any profit is a good one~!

yabster
16-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Anniversay out- licences granted, dipped my toes in @ 3.5.

trackers
16-12-2011, 04:17 PM
excellent news re mineral licence - gold production starts next week

drillfix
16-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Yes glad to see the licence issued and more info with everything on track still.

Glad I also held on to a parcel of these as well, and also bought back another small parcel.

A little concerned at the capping of this stock on such news though.

Why exactly is this, and what does management know about their register? As this is no small player as they continually feed stock into buyers at any price, and, have endless supply of it, it seems. (over 3 Million traded today so what gives)

IMO it is whomever was issued a large amount of stock at 3.5c recently or the Sophs from Blackwood back in March.
One or the other, take your pick, but they have lots of stock (and) lots of money and for whatever reason, want out.

PS:

I also feel like a real goose for buying a stock that is now considered in a short term down trend after its consolidation range.

Its either make or break for this stock and some big buyers either better step up to the plate or the failure to feed news about the stocks positives or continual targets being met will see this stock perish if it is not careful in these unforgiving markets.

Huang Chung
16-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Maybe an error on my part, but I never had any doubts about the licence.

I've had to lighten my holding on CVR and a few others to pay the tax man....the downside of a killer win on PIR earlier in the year. The timing has been a real bummer.

drillfix
16-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Hi HC,

Yikes mate, are you saying HC that you are the mystery man feeding the CVR buyers all this time?

I understand you gotta do what you gotta do when it comes to taking care of formality, but does this mean we are at the end of the selling?

Huang Chung
16-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Well Drilly, I was a pretty big (and reluctant) seller this week, but I'm pretty close to being finished.

Knowing my luck, this baby will be trading at 4.5c next Friday.

drillfix
16-12-2011, 11:31 PM
Its all understandable HC, its all situation analysis and to then meet those needs which must meet.

Although, even previously dumping a few myself I held a small parcel, and then added another small parcel today.

I find small parcels may not bring you rapid gains as much as bigger parcels, but in these markets, on the other side of things, you dont get hurt as much either whilst maintaining whatever upside seems possible.

Hope you too will hold on to at least a parcel or two for a tad of exposure :)

Huang Chung
16-12-2011, 11:50 PM
I'm usually the opposite Drilly, either hold a big slab, or not at all....wonderful when it is a multibagger, terrible when it goes illiquid and you need to sell.

drillfix
17-12-2011, 02:19 AM
HC, when you say goes illiquid and need to sell, do you mean, you wish you never had to sell or your thoughts about the companies targets or goals have not changed at all, or do you have some slight doubts at all?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts openly as not many are up front as yourself HC :)

Huang Chung
17-12-2011, 06:49 PM
No, I mean you have to sell for whatever reason, but the trading in the stock you want to sell turns illiquid due to an almost complete lack of buyers. For example, have a look at MNW over the past week or two.

JBmurc
18-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Central Asia Receives Minerals Processing Licences
Central Asia Resources (ASX: CVR) is pleased to advise that it has received all licences required to commence processing at its Dalabai Gold Project in Kazakhstan.
Key points
   
All licences required for processing have been received Processing facility ready to commence heap leaching Commissioning to start next week Mining and crushing continued at forecast rates in November
Central Asia Managing Director Angela Pankhurst said: “Our team has achieved another milestone in 2011 with the processing facility being completed to the point that we can commence heap leaching.
“The mineral processing licences, for the purchase, storage and use of cyanide, which were dependent on the plant completion, have been received as expected.
“Kazakhstan is celebrating the 20th anniversary of its independence today, so the first delivery of cyanide is expected early next week.”
Testing of all circuits with water started this week and commissioning will commence as soon as the cyanide is received. Processing will start as soon as the testing is complete.
Mining and crushing continued at the rate required (25,977 tonnes mined in November) to match the start of processing. The Company has addressed and resolved the issues it experienced with the crushing circuit due to the weather conditions. Issues with mining practices were also identified and addressed.
“As originally planned, we have 45,000 tonnes of ore, averaging 1.67 g/t Au crushed and stacked ready for first irrigation,” Ms Pankhurst said.
“We now have one more target which we set and expect to achieve in 2011, the start of production.”

drillfix
19-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Im now out of CVR as of seconds ago. (for brokerage again)

Still not comfortable or confident now with the continual selling above or even at support.

BSR seem to get their rally price wise and they have nearly just as many shares a CVR and less grades yet they can rally on news, yet we cannot.

JBmurc
19-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Im now out of CVR as of seconds ago. (for brokerage again)

Still not comfortable or confident now with the continual selling above or even at support.

BSR seem to get their rally price wise and they have nearly just as many shares a CVR and less grades yet they can rally on news, yet we cannot.

So you joined in with the major seller at 3.5c? can't wait till he runs out..gold production ann. any day now

drillfix
19-12-2011, 01:14 PM
JB, my position hardly counts as anything compared to the Major seller.

The Major seller seems to have infinite stock and waiting for him to run out is like waiting for his vehicle to run out of gas although he may even be driving a Petrol Tanker.

I still like the story, but previously my stopped got hit last week as left me with a small parcel so I entered again at 3.5c only to continually find a Major Seller continually there, so I exited for brokerage.

Starting to think perhaps its better to pay a premium for some momentum (when it does happen) as the info flow from the company is very slow.

There is no right or wrong here JB, just up and down and no where. Currently CVR is no where.

Should the seller choose to dump it down I will buy near the lows but until then, I will sit it out and wait for the upside to show momentum.

Huang Chung
19-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Well, I finished my selling last week, if that helps.

drillfix
19-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Well, I finished my selling last week, if that helps.

Yes it sure does HC, but it still doesn't answer the question about whom is unloading, or why, except that it is obvious that not everyone needs to pay taxes but rather to either reduce risk to the small caps.

Can see this also on a few other stocks and even though not gold,
ie: PLV as an one example to mention, although an obvious view form seeing a Form 604 gets submitted.

Jaa
29-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Update out, production delayed till the end of January due to a Cyanide shortage in Kazakhstan. Share price down to 3.2c.

I have yet to see a new or revived gold mine start on time.

Huang Chung
29-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Look like a fairly minor matter.

drillfix
30-12-2011, 02:02 AM
Minor maybe HC but to me, it reminds me of a brick layer turning up to a Job and then realising there is a shortage of bricks to build with.

One would have thought that management would have been on their toes with Orders and availability for as soon as the permit become available to them, meaning, they should have had that problem, chore, task or part of the function sourced and not after the permit being issued. (IMO)

Maybe management are not as rock solid as previously portrait.

If you , I or anybody we know are building a house, then surely we check on availability and arrangement to take delivery of material by means of contract and / or deposit to lock in that agreement.

To me, it looks like the bean counter slipped up.

Though this will either give a few folks a chance to get in at the 3c or potentially sub 3c level.

Meanwhile as the price of gold is also becoming unstable so to bellwether stocks tumble to influence such declines for stocks across the sector and with late Anns like the one just issued, the market will show no mercy, nor offer the time for excuses to create logic.

Up in the air this one, is what I reckon.

Huang Chung
30-12-2011, 02:17 AM
Could be a buying opportunity if it gets mercilessly smashed tomorrow.

drillfix
30-12-2011, 04:53 AM
Could be a buying opportunity if it gets mercilessly smashed tomorrow.

Yes very true HC. though especially for those who have a nice position with cash out, a few stocks and now a potential to pick up some exposure to an upcoming gold producer then it would be a perfect move to offset or gain some exposure to.

As far as me, I wouldn't mind buying a parcel at close to the 52 week low, but as I dont have the criteria above set out for myself I think I need to enforce some caution on myself while the POG sits below my exit position level, or I can always buy back in later and dont mind paying a premium providing the rivers all flow in the same direction so to speak.

Meanwhile, will be watching carefully.

drillfix
30-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Looks like CVR got away without a whooping today, so now there is a larger buyer at 3.2c there are no sellers wishing to step it down.

I reduced my holding to a small token holding for the time being until more info is apparent.

Still holding small parcel PXGOA options as well. So in the meantime, that will do me.

drillfix
23-01-2012, 03:16 PM
JB, whats up with CVR here?

It appears to be good news, yet still the sell off type dumping continues.

Saying that, at least many of the upper heavy sellers have held off and pulled orders it seems.

I am guessing the market wants some Numbers regarding costs, profits etc, so cant see much movement till this is known, however lord knows when that will be.

trackers
23-01-2012, 03:57 PM
It appears to be good news

Things aren't always what they appear at first glance lol. Country manager gone and more delays while waiting for weather to improve.

Holding, and will continue to do so, but confidence is waning slightly... they need to get things sorted asap.

drillfix
23-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Agree Trackers,

Having a read on HC I see there are quite a few disgruntled shareholders who have simply had enough.

Think its the straw and camels back syndrome setting in.

Perhaps yet another test of the 3.1c previous lows, but OBV and RSI are also falling.

As you say, the company need some thing get things sorted asap.

drillfix
23-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Now the collapse of sp is in full swing.

I wonder if there will ever be a bounce for cvr? Seems to be panic selling galore over there.

What do ya reckon trackers, gonna ride this one out? How about you JB? Anybody else holding this?

ps
excellent move who cleaned up the 2.9c line up

drillfix
23-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Hmmm, now Technically,
the EMA alignment is downward, the Money Flow indicator has nearly bottomed and once all the weak hands are out, then price will or should recover around the 3.3c level again, or perhaps higher on any response or positive news.
RSI, seems to be sitting on near its previous low which could see a bounce like with MFI. Williams %R has a little more to go to show overbought however it leveled off near the centre zone, OBV seems to have near bottomed as well. 60 min MACD is negative and a slight histogram divergence has started to show.

Hey trackers,

Want to stir up the Hornet's Nest? LOL
Post on HC saying to those plebs, You guys have just sold at the Worst Possible Time only to eventually Discover, etc etc.

Watch them buy back once their guilt and logic hits them as price also bounces :P

trackers
24-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Looks like the hotcopper rumours were just that, rumours.... company has released an announcement specifically to dispell the internet forum rumours!

"Central Asia Resources (ASX: CVR) wishes to clarify points in its announcement on
23 January 2012, to answer queries that have been received and to address some
misconceptions that are being proliferated through various internet-based forums
about its Dalabai Gold Project in Kazakhstan.

Operations through winter: Mining and heap leaching can and will operate
throughout winter at Dalabai. The risks referred to in yesterday’s announcement are
risks specific to the first few days of heap leaching when cyanide solution is first
applied to the heap and before the chemical process of leaching starts.

The Company expects to start commissioning at Dalabai this week."

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=CVR&E=ASX&N=574910

I was amazed how quickly the ramp brigade ditched the stock....They look a bit silly now... I admit they had me a bit worried for a while but these guys are in Production this week so it would be ridiculous to dump them now

drillfix
24-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Looks like the hotcopper rumours were just that, rumours.... company has released an announcement specifically to dispell the internet forum rumours!

I was amazed how quickly the ramp brigade ditched the stock....They look a bit silly now... I admit they had me a bit worried for a while but these guys are in Production this week so it would be ridiculous to dump them now

Exactly Trackers, typical Hot Copper fabricated cr@p that comes out of many posters thing they call a brain.

These guys are like sheep most of them and it only takes a few "Know all" types to flee the flock so to speak.

The other thing is regarding Winter times is pipes can be insulated and even heated if need be to stop freezing. Being from the Northern hemisphere myself, I know only too well how cold, cold is, or can get. ie: Heater blocks on Car motors, chains on wheels etc etc.

Picked up a small parcel yesterday anyway.

drillfix
24-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Now I am a bit surprised to read on HC that Plough makes comment of:

Would think an ice storm would cause more problems. Ice encapsulates what ever it touches ie power lines and the extra weight will down the power lines, in deadly stillness the sickening thud as each line falls is soul destroying when you need power for a plant.

What is he on about, and he is one of the Rational Supporters, does he not know that it is Tornado's or Hurricanes that rip out power lines, not fricking ice on cables...lol

How much water or snow does he think power lines can hold or gather prior to turning into ice?

As I say, being from the northern hemisphere for a good part of my life I cannot ever remember seeing power lines fall because of ICE....ROFL Like yeah, right Plough.

Can somebody tell some of these guys to snap out of it, as its like they are the ones who are snap frozen~!

whipit
24-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Hi Drilly, Trackers

Hotcopper is nothing short of amazing. Three people admitted selling for a significantly loss, not to mention all those two don't have the guts to make it public knowledge. I got home last night and could figure out what the hell happened.

I enjoy the updates

Cheers!

drillfix
24-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Hi Drilly, Trackers

Hotcopper is nothing short of amazing. Three people admitted selling for a significantly loss, not to mention all those two don't have the guts to make it public knowledge. I got home last night and could figure out what the hell happened.

I enjoy the updates

Cheers!

Hi whipit, without a doubt you got a surprise when you got home.

I caught a few on the fall after it started to rally not thinking it would go to 2.9c, but also had another low ball order that never got filled which I would have loved to get.

Anything under 3.5c speculative price seems nice buying, although a little cautious until updates are issued and confirmed, plus the overall global jitters of shaking or snakey world markets.

drillfix
25-01-2012, 02:06 PM
JB, is that you trying to pickup more CVR with your squeeze play tatics? lol

Are you still holding CVR or are you unloading to venture into PXG further?

JBmurc
25-01-2012, 10:35 PM
JB, is that you trying to pickup more CVR with your squeeze play tatics? lol

Are you still holding CVR or are you unloading to venture into PXG further? No been busy ,yeah got my fill of PXGOA good to see them at 12c

Dalabai Update Clarification
Central Asia Resources (ASX: CVR) wishes to clarify points in its announcement on 23 January 2012, to answer queries that have been received and to address some misconceptions that are being proliferated through various internet-based forums about its Dalabai Gold Project in Kazakhstan.
Operations through winter: Mining and heap leaching can and will operate throughout winter at Dalabai. The risks referred to in yesterday’s announcement are risks specific to the first few days of heap leaching when cyanide solution is first applied to the heap and before the chemical process of leaching starts.
The Company expects to start commissioning at Dalabai this week.
Cyanide supply: The Company’s first cyanide delivery last week will be used for commissioning and leaching of a cell of 25,000 tonnes of ore. Leaching of the other stacked ore will start when regular cyanide deliveries commence in March 2012.

Yeah I argee some of the HC poster's may well be trying to get weak holders to sell out by the fear mongering posts, personal I wouldn't do it think it's pretty low...

Not selling one of my 1.5mill was always going hold till production was going full steam then see how the market reacts to costs/profits should see 200%+ growth if CVR get anywhere near to predictions,one must remember very few Gold explorers become producers even with huge market support an many 10mill cash backing CVR are so close only fools would sell out after today ann.

drillfix
02-02-2012, 04:12 PM
JB, it seems somebody is exiting CVR for no matter what reason deemed fit.

The stock is losing its support and to me, with a build up of production, this fall is not a good sign, as this is the exact sort of thing that happens when somebody, somewhere, knows something.

Or perhaps they are just not convinced.

Any thoughts JB, or anybody else out there?

trackers
02-02-2012, 04:25 PM
this fall is not a good sign, as this is the exact sort of thing that happens when somebody, somewhere, knows something.

$9k volume?

drillfix
02-02-2012, 04:33 PM
$9k volume?

Well, just under that actually, but that is not my point really trackers, as my point is, this seems to happen numerous times and has happened numerous times, so just trying to get down to why this is happening like it is.

If we go by volume or money, then who is to say with $50K you could then wipe away 1/3 of the value of the company if you sell it off at or near market.

This now does not mean that the company is only worth $150K....LOL

We may not look at the significance of small volume or price but when you consider the above you really have to ask yourself why is somebody at random continually selling off this stock?

trackers
02-02-2012, 04:44 PM
well, just under that actually

aud$8,960?

drillfix
02-02-2012, 05:43 PM
aud$8,960?

On the money you are Sir Trackalot :)

Pelican
02-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Besides these ongoing delays this seems like a great company with huge potential.
My concern is that they will run out of cash before they finally deliver the goods. Some vague statement in their last report about finding a local source of finance sounded fishy.

Will the price rally significantly once they generate cashflow I wonder?

I still threw caution to the wind and bought in at 0.034.

drillfix
02-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Will the price rally significantly once they generate cashflow I wonder?

I still threw caution to the wind and bought in at 0.034.

Hi Pelican,

Good to see you have taken a position, I too got the rest of my order filled at 3.3c and dont mind adding whilst under 3.5c so not too bad of an entry and it will seem cheap in another month or two.

With regards to a rally on cashflow, well sure they will but I think the market wants proof or complete clarification on how much debt will they need if or should they need it, and how much profit will be made or how much costs (exact costs).

However to me, Yes, absolutely, if they are making money and increasing the ability to do that and expand the process then why would the sp not go up? After all, I also heard tonight on Late-line Business that even the MD of Newcrest predicts that gold is definitely going to $2000/oz so there will be no excuse for this little lucky mungrel to score with such a move.

The market just needs some proof and once it does then gradually you will see price moves and higher level speculative consolidation by traders and investors so the price will move upward and hold there.

One day should CVR can maintain what they say the will do, 5c will also seem very cheap for such a gold stock. But again, the market and some insto's will or like some proof prior to getting there.

Maybe the Motley Fool dudes will read this and already start working their plan as they usually are a couple weeks or month a head of their following one would think. So then watch the price :P

add/edit
Also Pelican, the co advises that they have the offer of finance should they need it been made available to them from some local company, so this is a good thing really as there is no need for huge delays or questions or hoop jumping sessions unlike the banks, so when you see that faith extended to us, then it is a good to know although I can agree that it would be more better to actually know the potential conditions should such event transpire.

Huang Chung
03-02-2012, 12:33 AM
After all, I also heard tonight on Late-line Business that even the MD of Newcrest predicts that gold is definitely going to $2000/oz so

Drilly, I can't say I can EVER recall a gold company MD saying the price of gold will be heading lower....

drillfix
03-02-2012, 04:03 AM
Drilly, I can't say I can EVER recall a gold company MD saying the price of gold will be heading lower....

Heading lower?

Not sure I follow you HC, going to $2000 is not heading lower, as that is up not down :P

Did you watch The Business (aka lateline business 2011) It had Ticky saying that, and it turned out to be the CEO or MD (cant remember which exactly) but thats what they speculated.

I think it is downloadable so you can watch a re run of it if you wish :)

Check it out >> http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the-business/

Huang Chung
03-02-2012, 10:01 AM
What I mean is that, when asked, they always reckon the POG will head higher.

drillfix
03-02-2012, 12:06 PM

Ahhh, LOL yes of course, otherwise they would get the sack for not believing as the holders want them to believe :)

Pelican
04-02-2012, 05:27 AM
[QUOTE=drillfix;366801]
One day should CVR can maintain what they say the will do, 5c will also seem very cheap for such a gold stock.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, given the projected production levels and the potential for expansion of reserves, I thought that the price seemed low. The ongoing delays do grate at the nerves but after much research I felt that the potential for substantial growth far outweighs the risks. This stock is probably the most interesting part of my rather conservative fledgling portfolio.

In regards to Motley Fool, one of their books did get me interested in equities but subsequent research has led me to believe that they aren't the common sense gurus that they make themselves out to be. In the nineties they espoused some pretty retarded stock picking formulas which probably lost a lot of people a lot of money.

Pelican
04-02-2012, 05:34 AM

I'm a Political Scientist. Questioning the motives behind a statement made by someone in a position of power, influence or with significant vested interests? Good call!

drillfix
06-02-2012, 12:06 PM
QUOTE=drillfix;366801

One day should CVR can maintain what they say the will do, 5c will also seem very cheap for such a gold stock.

But then again Pelican,

If they keep changing the goal posts and the story also continually varies on the move, it could also mean there is something no quite right, or something very wrong.

Look at what has happened now, Angela gone, I mean, wtf is that? No explanation and immediate resignation?? What a load of hog wash and bs that is.

I am completely out.

Good luck to all holders as this stock is just not for me.

Pelican
06-02-2012, 12:32 PM
Agreed, the whole thing stinks. The finance side had been giving me enough anxiety and then that announcement.

Selling down now.

Huang Chung
06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Closing their Australian office?

I'd be out on this reason alone.

drillfix
06-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Closing their Australian office?

I'd be out on this reason alone.

Well, at least it will save them 10 Million over 4 a year time frame.

But then, why does a company this size need to rent a fricking office in perth, for cost 2.5 Million a year, when you can rent one just one suburb out for 100K per year.

Sounds like a scam on the renting an office alone.

Took a small loss on this time trading/investing in this stock but I honestly hope that things go well for CVR eventually.

Huang Chung
06-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Interesting point Drilly. $2.5m does seem excessive.

Agree, it is hard for a small company to manage projects on the other side of the world, but I can't see how they are going to effectively build relations with brokers and investors when they're not here.

drillfix
06-02-2012, 02:01 PM
It wouldn't be too hard once every Quarter to jump on a plane and fly over to Aus and meet and present to the brokers and also be selective of it.

Would be much cheaper than having an empty office with gold plated dunny flusher and sink taps dont ya think, :P

Some stocks you just need to have courage and failth.

Here is an example of this..LOL

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-AjBR9XMTaCk/TgOH5_rYZ-I/AAAAAAAAAi0/2YdH5LBlnYI/s1600/courage-do-one-brave-thing-today-then-run-like-hell-penguin-polor-bear.jpg

whipit
07-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Yesterday’s announcement was interesting. I am probably young and naive, but moving the office out of Australia seems like a logical progression as they move from exploration to production. I’d much rather have a management team with their feet on the ground where the production is happening than one a million miles away turning up for a holiday every now and then. However the location could seriously impair the quality of candidate who applies?

As for Angela’s abrupt departure, I’m sure everyone is having great fun speculating. Yes maybe she’s fudged all the numbers and she’s making a run for it. Or maybe the board is really goal orientated she has had the screws put on due to recent delays. Or possibly she finally got round to watching Borat and decided there is no way in hell she’s moving to Kazakhstan.
:(

Anyway I might just be saying this because I missed the boat to get out yesterday. But thought I'd throw my thoughts into the arena, put a stop loss in, and watch with interest

drillfix
07-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Trading Halt now in place until potentially Thursday.

They must have some news after watching the price plung.

whipit, we all have our own experiences with different co's, but one thing that I have learnt over time is that once the story changes and keeps on changing (for whatever reason) then it is time to eject from that idea.

Now there are many benefits sure by having the office over there as for example they will save money on rent for sure, in fact I thought 10 million for 4 years of office space in perth for such a company was a complete Rip Off, IMO.

But to me, this doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if they tell you it will Rain Gold bars from the sky once the winter is done, as to me, if the story changes (which is has more than once) then something is very different as the plan is different, the outcome maybe different, but only time will tell.

I am not saying to buy or sell. I am just saying what I have experienced in the past. Plus so you know, I just remembered that I still have a tiny parcel of these in my long account which wont really hurt me too much no matter what happens so will leave them there with my other experiments.

Wonder what the halt if for, clarification on something or ?

yabster
07-02-2012, 01:05 PM
lets hope its about Gold Bars raining on their tenement....;)

Pelican
07-02-2012, 01:32 PM
The mystery trading halt, what will happen? Also I find the depth really interesting, apparently a lot of people want into this stock.

Somehow I struggle to imagine that they are going to announce something good. Still this stock has taught me a valuable lesson about what kind of investor I am and why I should stick to my own rules and not get wooed by prospects which are too good to be true.

Sold almost all my shares in CVR yesterday.

Anyone have the slightest clue what is happening?

drillfix
07-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Anyone have the slightest clue what is happening?

Capitol Raising.

A new 52 week low has come in today, so if there is ever a worst time to do one, this company has picked the bottom.

Depending on what discount they give to market this stock could sink further, (IMO depending what and how).

Anyway, lets all keep cool and watch out hey.

Pelican
07-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Agreed. Why does the company try and raise capital at bottom?

drillfix
07-02-2012, 02:08 PM
It is debateable whether they mean to or not, but since things have slowed down, or not happened exactly as planned the money has been eaten up, so the timing of events and money will do this to draw to a conclusion.

Although they have a draw facility for 1M, they probably still need to secure some funds for cash flow and drilling etc etc.

Whether or not the main holders care how much or at what price the raising will be done is another thing, as they are huge holders.

Some may say, sure they want them as cheap as possible, but if you were going to get Millions and Millions of them, wouldn't you want them cheap?

Question is, how much dilution will there be from doing this, and how does that effect what was already meant to be factored in. To me, it changes the plan (directly) whether holders like it or not. Thus, what value or how does this value relate proportionally to what was meant to happen previously? All interesting questions to know.

Last,
There seems to be far far too much gas bagging speculation on HC that it really is starting to become unreadable to a large degree now so take caution listening to anything over there as its becoming either Too destructive, or too much in love with a stock, with only a few balanced posters whom can see both sides of the coin, and for the good or bad, Its GOOD to both see and understand both sides of the coin. (Objectively) IMO.

drillfix
07-02-2012, 06:19 PM
JB, I feel for you on this stock mate, and everybody else whom holds from a higher entry price.

And I am sorry if I myself sound a bit down beat about this CVR mob, but it seems to be in need of a serious tune up.

Hotcopper seems to be running off the rails with all sorts of posts and innuendo.

JB some Doug dude has posted asking where you were having a go at you.

Others, who can post on HC can you tell doug to give it a rest as sure JB is a larger holder than most but not a ramper and does not need to answer to plebs.

Anyway, that is what I would do if I could post there.

In the meantime, just need to wait for the dust to settle on this one. And I still think management are not as good as what they could have been and why is it whenever there is some issue or hidden agenda then the CEO's health becomes the so called issue. Seems to be an occupational hazard with these companies.

How does tape recorder and a guillotine sound instead? Sounds good to me, the modern day way of keeping truth on track.

Huang Chung
07-02-2012, 06:24 PM
It's hard to believe how they seem to have stumbled right at the finishing line. Anyone looking at the photos of the plant going up, and the heap leach being built could be forgiven for thinking they were home and hosed. Who would have guessed they could do all this, yet stumble on a little issue like cyanide supply, and the weather.

drillfix
07-02-2012, 07:57 PM
It's hard to believe how they seem to have stumbled right at the finishing line. Anyone looking at the photos of the plant going up, and the heap leach being built could be forgiven for thinking they were home and hosed. Who would have guessed they could do all this, yet stumble on a little issue like cyanide supply, and the weather.

Good analogy of what has happened HC.

You will be very pleased that you exited to take care of your tax no doubt, however CVR I am sure will recover from these incidents, but its just a shame (as it always is) when they stumble on the last mile so to speak as you say.

A little sad in some ways that things appear to be a mess, but the truth is, there is a last minute transformation with delays and funding to sort out, hence the capitol raising.

Once this gets sorted out, and results start to come in both from production and other drilling then no doubt this will certainly bounce back though the main question would be "when about, or how long approximately".

Still hold a tiny parcel of CVR in the long account and neither here nor there with any plans to do anything with them.

Huang Chung
07-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Pleased I exited....yes
Pleased the proceeds went to the Tax Office.....um...no.

JBmurc
08-02-2012, 09:49 PM
JB, I feel for you on this stock mate, and everybody else whom holds from a higher entry price.

And I am sorry if I myself sound a bit down beat about this CVR mob, but it seems to be in need of a serious tune up.

Hotcopper seems to be running off the rails with all sorts of posts and innuendo.

JB some Doug dude has posted asking where you were having a go at you.

Others, who can post on HC can you tell doug to give it a rest as sure JB is a larger holder than most but not a ramper and does not need to answer to plebs.

Anyway, that is what I would do if I could post there.

In the meantime, just need to wait for the dust to settle on this one. And I still think management are not as good as what they could have been and why is it whenever there is some issue or hidden agenda then the CEO's health becomes the so called issue. Seems to be an occupational hazard with these companies.

How does tape recorder and a guillotine sound instead? Sounds good to me, the modern day way of keeping truth on track.

Well just got back from work offshore ,, what a shock now CVR are now being valued as they had only just had the gold in the ground ...no value to all the permits/plant an time it takes to get to this stage..
News on cap raising tomorrow should really give us an idea how bad/good outcome for current holders ,can't believe they couldn,t just hedge 2mill worth of forward gold production etc

Couldn't believe they were paying 2.5mill p.a for an office maybe one of the reason's why MD is gone, didn't want to move to Kaz or downgrade ,major disagreement from the board better to see her gone ....sounds like new MD will be working 101% to get CVR of the ground....

Still have faith .... could well be wrong which I'm sure many posters will bah on about

JBmurc
09-02-2012, 12:10 PM
9 February 2011 Share placement to raise $2 million
Gold explorer and developer Central Asia Resources Limited (ASX: CVR) is pleased to advise that it has received firm placement commitments from professional and sophisticated investors to raise approximately $2 million before costs.
The manager of the placement is BW Equities Pty Ltd.
The placement of approximately 80,000,000 ordinary fully paid shares at 2.5 cents each will be completed pursuant to the Company’s 15% placement capacity under ASX Listing Rule 7.1.
The $1 million contribution from major shareholders Re-Resources & Energies SA ($700,000) and Hillbrow Investments Limited ($300,000), as announced on 6 February 2012, will be converted to shares at 2.5 cents each as part of the placement.
The Company will seek approval at a general meeting of shareholders to allow director and related parties to participate in the placement in the amount of $300,000. The date of the proposed shareholder meeting will be advised in due course.
Proceeds from the placement will be used to fund the ramp up of gold processing at Central Asia’s Dalabai mine in Kazakhstan as the Company progresses to near-term positive cash flow. It will also fund further exploration at the Company’s Bizhe and Altyntas projects.
Central Asia Chairman Guy Warwick said the placement put the Company in a position to start production at Dalabai.
“Our operating team has everything in place,” he said. “The moment we get cooperative conditions we'll start processing.”
For further information contact:
Guy Warwick Chairman Central Asia Resources +62 818 0566 1422
Nathan Ryan Investor Relations NWR Communications +61 3 9622 2159

drillfix
09-02-2012, 12:30 PM
I thought the previous funds they raised were meant to see them into production.

Looks like the bottom has been drawn at 2.5c and some interest int the stock up to 3c at least.

Here is hoping they can stick on track without the Lady Bean counter and get some good weather.

JBmurc
09-02-2012, 12:35 PM
I thought the previous funds they raised were meant to see them into production.

Looks like the bottom has been drawn at 2.5c and some interest int the stock up to 3c at least.

Here is hoping they can stick on track without the Lady Bean counter and get some good weather.

Costs over runs i.e the 2.5mill they were spending on Perth office an flight to an fro Kaz wouldn't have helped think CVR has finally turned the corner with the bean counter gone ,weather looks good ,the move to have the Kaz based mgmt will save $$$$$$$$$$

from this latest news CVR should have a nice 1mill buffer ,,,cashflow postive in April sounds great to me

Aaron
09-02-2012, 01:44 PM
,can't believe they couldn,t just hedge 2mill worth of forward gold production etc

Just wondering, if two major shareholders are picking up shares at low prices instead of the company borrowing against future production does that mean they are confident in the company and maybe making a gain at the expense of small shareholders or is it because no financial institution will lend to the company and the large shareholders are saving small shareholders from having to stump up more money.
I didn't think companies could dilute shareholders ownership without the shareholders approval but often see share placements to large institutions etc.

drillfix
09-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Aaron,

If you read the ann again near the bottom you will see that it will be put forward for shareholder approval at the next meeting or something like that.

yabster
09-02-2012, 02:14 PM
thats to approve the directors getting their noses in the trough drill. The palcement comes under ASX listing rule 7.1- which has a formula to work out how much can placed without sharholder approval - basically 15%. I may have that wrong though?

Up 24 % today so thats at least a good positive.

drillfix
09-02-2012, 02:24 PM
I see, Thanks for that Yab.

A small position that I held in my long account was previously sold at 3.1c so I am now completely out of CVR, or at least for the time being, so rather than picking bottoms or trying to buy low I think I will just wait it out on the sidelines to see what develops and buy on the facts rather than speculation at present.

STRAT
09-02-2012, 03:23 PM
I think I will just wait it out on the sidelines to see what develops and buy on the facts rather than speculation at present.Good plan I reckon. Not a lot to love about this picture.

Are they producing Gold yet?

drillfix
09-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Good plan I reckon. Not a lot to love about this picture.

Are they producing Gold yet?

Not yet Strat, though I am quite sure they will get there, and as mentioned now that Angela (bean counter) is gone (which is very mysterious to exactly why) hopefully the Co will get somebody experienced with a been there & done that type attitude with no second guessing with both exact and timely communication.

As always, time will tell.

JBmurc
09-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Not yet Strat, though I am quite sure they will get there, and as mentioned now that Angela (bean counter) is gone (which is very mysterious to exactly why) hopefully the Co will get somebody experienced with a been there & done that type attitude with no second guessing with both exact and timely communication.

As always, time will tell.

yes the chart does show a very slow rot of the SP happens to most micro-small cap soon to be producers just look at CCU were sold down to 50c levels because of delays after trading in the 80's ...RED was also sold down with much down-ramping on forums to then go into production an zoom north...CVR mgmt really stuffed up the funding side of the operation for any delays which now looks to be sorted thanks to the two biggest holders fronting up along with mgmt to raise 1.3mill needed to keep the wheels turning to gold production an cash-flow positive production in April (not long) looks like the other 700k 28mill 2.5c cap raising will be to the rest of the shareholders,maybe a max amount per holder with an option to get more via a shortfall ,,,I don't think it would be a rights issue
overall I think CVR along with the chart will be moving in a much better direction going forward..

JBmurc
21-02-2012, 11:35 AM
20 February 2012
Dalabai Update
Gold explorer and developer Central Asia Resources Limited (ASX: CVR) is pleased
to provide an update from its Dalabai Gold Project in Kazakhstan.
The Company has turned on the heap leach pad sprinklers at the project and is
circulating warm caustic in preparation for cyanide leaching.
Central Asia will continue to circulate caustic until a return flow of liquid demonstrates
there are no leaks and that the cold weather that Eastern Europe is currently
experiencing is not causing percolation problems. Initial signs are positive.
The addition of cyanide could occur within 48 hours if all parameters are within
specifications. The final step in the process is leaching with cyanide where the gold is
filtered onto resin, which is transported to Swiss-based company Metalor
Technologies SA for refining and sale.
Once fully operational, Central Asia is planning on, initially, producing 25,000 ounces
of gold per year and 550,000 ounces of silver per year at Dalabai.
Central Asia Chairman Guy Warwick also announced that, subject to shareholder
approval, the Company would issue 15,000,000 shares to Acting Joint Managing
Director Robin Gill as a payment.
Mr. Gill took control of the Company’s operations at the start of the month and will
remain in Kazakhstan until first production targets Dalabai and other restructuring
objectives are achieved.
“Since taking over Mr. Gill has left Kazakhstan only once to briefly cross the border to
secure a long term visa,” he said.
“We simply could not have recruited anyone who has lived and worked most of his
life in sub-zero temperatures with the same amount of experience in project roll-out
and ongoing management.
“Compensation in shares at a difficult time for the Company demonstrates Mr. Gill’s
faith in the project and a commitment to making Dalabai work.”

----from HC keypax posted great read-----

Attached is an email from Robin.

: You will not normally hear much directly from me, as Guy is always completely informed of matters here, and candid with you. The cold we are experiencing here is a result of the same cold air mass that is bringing such severe conditions to a good part of Europe...we are on the eastern side of that same quasi-stationary weather system, so the temperatures here are also unusually cold for February. My operating team and I know exactly the parameters we need to start the leaching, we have some very experienced Kazakhs who have run heaps in winter in the north of this country, and the moment we get sufficiently cooperative weather conditions we'll be starting without any hesitation.

Being a Canadian I am well versed in the issues of cold weather operations. I have been out on the crusher/stacker circuit at Dalabai in the late evening in minus 25C deg with a brisk wind, in order to see for myself how our guys and our equipment is performing in such difficult conditions, and to assess for myself how we can further improve that performance. (yes, we can operate in such conditions). I will not try to toot my own horn, but most of the Australian and South African mining engineers and operations people I run into have little to no experience working in this sort of cold weather (unless they've done time in Russia), nor the stamina to hack it. However, it is, as you know, the only way that an executive can improve efficiency and effectiveness and instill a sense of urgency in others.

As Guy indicated, we are putting the time to good use to accelerate some needed restructuring of our organization and costs. For example, we are closing and consolidating our Almaty lab with the process lab at Dalabai on Monday, which will give us the needed 24-hour processing support coverage, at lower cost and with fewer people than we had last week.
Best regards,
Robin

JBmurc
24-02-2012, 03:06 PM
24 February 2012 Production commences at Dalabai
Gold explorer and developer Central Asia Resources Limited (ASX: CVR) is pleased to announce that it has started production at its Dalabai Gold Project in Kazakhstan.
Acting Joint Managing Director Robin Gill said the commencement of cyanide leaching at the plant had so far been successful.
“We started to irrigate 40,000 tonnes of ore with cyanide solution at 2.30pm, Kazakhstan time, and all is well so far,” Mr Gill said.
“We will start monitoring for indications of gold and residual cyanide in the returns starting tomorrow morning.
“The resin column has been filled with 1.3 tonnes of resin and we'll start to run the return solution through the column as soon as we have laboratory measurements of gold in solution.”
Once fully operational, Central Asia is planning on, initially, producing 25,000 ounces of gold per year and 550,000 ounces of silver per year at Dalabai.
Central Asia Chairman Guy Warwick said the excessive cold weather that Eastern Europe was currently experiencing had been the reason for the delay in starting production at Dalabai.
"We had hoped to start the leaching earlier but Robin Gill's experience in similar weather conditions in Canada and his caution is why we have had so few plant issues despite the weather,” he said.
“Over the next few weeks we will start to learn about real recovery rates and start to ramp up production. We will keep shareholders regularly updated with our progress."

JBmurc
02-03-2012, 08:49 PM
2 March 2012 Gold extraction underway at Dalabai
Gold explorer and developer Central Asia Resources Limited (ASX: CVR) is pleased to announce that it has started the process of extracting gold at its Dalabai Gold Project in Kazakhstan.
The Company reports that gold in solution has now reached concentrations that permit transfer to resin. This follows the commencement of cyanide leaching on 24 February, 2012.
Kazakhstan’s extreme winter temperatures had previously delayed the start of Central Asia’s gold production. However, Acting Joint Managing Director Robin Gill, who is currently in Kazakhstan, has reported that temperatures are moderating from overnight lows of -6C degrees to daytime highs slightly above 0C.
Return solution gold concentration is at levels of 1.3mg/litre, and the Company is putting gold to resin at a rate of about 10 grams per hour.
Central Asia has experienced some heat exchanger fouling problems at Dalabai but routine mechanical cleaning has been put in place until weather is warmer which will allow the Company to undertake a shut-down period to add wash connections.
Central Asia Resources Chairman Guy Warwick said: "We are making steady progress towards gold sales. The teething problems we expected are being made easier by the gradually improving weather as we approach spring.
“The heat exchangers which were all required at temperatures of minus 20C can be individually pulled out of duty for cleaning as the weather warms.
“The leach pad consists of a number of cells. We’ve bought an additional cell online adding 35,000 tonnes for processing to the initial 40,000 tonnes. This should double the gold collection rate and is another step towards the planned 160,000-tonne pad size.
“Reaching our targets will not happen overnight but will result from incremental improvements over the next six months.”

JBmurc
12-03-2012, 04:36 PM
going off the 2nd march ann gold extraction underway CVR were getting 10grams au per hour this was increasing straight away with another 35k pad so in the short term so we should see gold putting to resin of round 20grams per hour

20g x 24hr = 480grams = 15.4oz x $1000(>$700costs) = $15,400USD per day
or for every 30days $462,000 EBIT

then if all goes to plan we will go from 75k pads to 160k pads so 1mill per month EBIT is likely 5-6months from now ?? this doesn't include better leech rates from warmer weather or includes silver or lower costs but it does show where not that far from 1mill EBIT per month not bad for a 20mill company

JBmurc
16-03-2012, 01:35 PM
16 March 2012 Update on gold production at Dalabai
Gold explorer and developer Central Asia Resources Limited (ASX: CVR) is pleased to provide a production update from its Dalabai Gold Project in Kazakhstan.
Central Asia’s Acting Joint Managing Director Robin Gill, who is currently in Kazakhstan overseeing gold production at Dalabai, has reported that the Company is leaching gold at a rate of about 25% of expected production for low-grade material during the ramp up phase. The company has produced about 300 ounces of gold over a two-week period.
The recovery rate is expected to improve during the ramp up phase. Rates of circulation through the plant remain steady, at 28-30 cubic metres per hour,
and return solution gold concentrations remain in the range of 1.5mg/litre.
Resin has been circulating through three columns since the last update, with 2kg/tonne of gold in the first column (1.3 tonnes of resin), 1kg/tonne in the second (2.4 tonnes) and 300 grams per tonne in the third (2.4 tonnes).
The Company has sent a sample of resin from one of its three operating columns to mining services company Dank in Semey, Kazakhstan, for analysis.
Mr Gill said the first 1.3 tonnes of resin had been unloaded from the processing plant’s first column and was being prepared to be transported for regeneration.
Central Asia Chairman Guy Warwick said the Dalabai plant was performing above company expectations during the ramp up phase.
“Operations to date show we have no leaks in the plant, something to fear in the cold weather where materials have a tendency to become brittle and shatter if not treated with care,” he said.
“We now have in excess of 6kg of gold on resin and this is despite running only one of the four pad cells.
“As additional cells come on line, gold production will increase proportionally.
“Furthermore, we have the capacity to put other cells on line but our philosophy is to ensure what we are presently doing works perfectly before we move ahead and add further challenges.”

trackers
16-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Nah, I'm with you JB - These guys are going about their business lightly. $450k revenue in the first two weeks is very impressive for a $20mil company and they're running at about 1/4?

JBmurc
16-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Nah, I'm with you JB - These guys are going about their business lightly. $450k revenue in the first two weeks is very impressive for a $20mil company and they're running at about 1/4?

watch CVR up 14% so far today on low vol just ann. it's now a new gold/silver producer from the numbers I've done it will earn more than the entire marketcap 20mill+ in it's first year next year it start on it's 2nd gold plant adding another 40mill EBIT market value current market value 20mill but not for long..... muti bagger in the making

trackers
16-03-2012, 02:38 PM
watch CVR up 14% so far today on low vol just ann. it's now a new gold/silver producer from the numbers I've done it will earn more than the entire marketcap 20mill+ in it's first year next year it start on it's 2nd gold plant adding another 40mill EBIT market value current market value 20mill but not for long..... muti bagger in the making

Agree, its one of the most compelling companies I've seen for a while. When they ran out of money due to delays with startup they deserved to be at 3c / $20mil market cap but the pro's have delivered and things are now set (regardless of what happens macro-wise when you're talking a opex of $500 / oz)

JBmurc
18-03-2012, 02:34 PM
wrong company ....looking forward to next week another 20% likely

JBmurc
21-03-2012, 02:02 PM
CVR looking strong , great movement from low volume sellers starting to wake-up.....

next good ann. on production sales etc should see it go ballistic 6c etc

JBmurc
22-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Hi everyone,

Below is the email that was sent to our Inner Circle members on Tuesday.

The stock is up over 15% in 3 days, partly due to our improved algorithms and research. This one pick alone was enough to pay for your subscription for the whole year. Yet our other pick this week Nexus Energy (NXS) is up 5% already and is looking strong.*

Now, when you look at Central Asia Resources (CVR) which is an Australian gold mining company in Kazakhstan, most of you would probably never have heard about it. That's because it is below the radar of most researchers and this is one area that we are focusing on.

Now you ask why we didn't include this in the normal Inside Trader? Simply because the trading volumes are low. Stocks like this can't take hundreds of thousands investment in a shorttime without distorting price. Yet it is good for a small amount of people with, say, $1k to $10K for the trade.

Now have a look at the stock and details of what we offer below. It's a pretty simple decision and these spots don't come up too often - only when people leave.....

Email sent to members on Tuesday 20th March 2012

Central Asia Resources (CVR)

Price: 3.4c (now 4c)

Target: 4.2c

Time Frame: < 2 mths

Risk: Speculative

Volume: Low - small parcels only

Clues:

Smart Money has been entering
Price and volume just increased on production news indicating they are on track

Central Asia Resources is focused on gold in Kazakstan with production just starting to ramp up right now. Their latest report is quite positve with gold being extraced right now and operations appear to be working properly.

The numbers look good and if they continue to ramp up production we believe that should be reflected in the price.

We believe this is a good speculator with not too much risk. Suggest a small portion of your portfolio on this due to lowish trading volumes.

trackers
23-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Smart money accumulating is correct looking at the parcels and volumes going through last couple days... Disappointing finish yesterday but ultimately not an issue.

JBmurc
23-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Smart money accumulating is correct looking at the parcels and volumes going through last couple days... Disappointing finish yesterday but ultimately not an issue.

Yeah I'd say the day/st traders had much to do with the close...could well still close the week on 4c which being round a 40% lift is great on first gold leeching ann.

-could well have another announcement today or early next week ...another 40% would be nice for a weeks trading

trackers
27-03-2012, 01:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q7aOWIFgIZQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7aOWIFgIZQ)

JBmurc
27-03-2012, 03:42 PM
3920Yes "Steady as we leech" is all coming together with gold now on it's move back on bull trend,, fair value lift on ramp up sales numbers first stop....6c+

JBmurc
04-04-2012, 01:39 PM
4 April 2012
Dalabai Gold Production Update
Perth-based gold explorer and developer Central Asia Resources Limited (ASX: CVR) is pleased to announce that it has shipped 1.3 tonnes of gold-bearing resin for processing at its Dalabai Gold Project in Kazakhstan.
The gold-bearing resin was shipped on 30 March, 2012. It includes about six kilograms of gold which equates to approximately US$350,000 at the current gold price.
After processing is complete the first shipment will be tested by the Kazakhstan Government’s national laboratory in order to secure the necessary export permits.
Central Asia currently has approximately 80,000 tonnes of ore stacked and leeching at Dalabai which is about 50% of the leach pad’s targeted capacity. The Company will continue to ramp up the production rate. When Central Asia reaches its name- plate production rate it will provide cash costs guidance.
The agglomerator at Dalabai will be commissioned in April to allow treatment of fines which are presently stockpiled.
Agglomeration will lift production significantly as the fines contain approximately 20% recoverable gold.
Corporately, the company has already reaped benefits from moving its administration from Perth to Kazakhstan’s capital Almaty with a significant reduction in audit time and costs.
The closing of Central Asia's Perth office and streamlining in Kazakhstan are projected to save the Company $10 million over the next four years.

drillfix
11-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Whats going on with this stock, it issues news and then the sp declines or gets sold off.

Not holding but its these very things with CVR that used to give me the sh#ts as its unpredictable!

JBmurc
11-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Whats going on with this stock, it issues news and then the sp declines or gets sold off.

Not holding but its these very things with CVR that used to give me the sh#ts as its unpredictable!

think the reason why CVR been sold down is the fact the silver numbers are way down on what holders expected and with no reason given
but they will be making good money on the gold production... costs will be the kicker

11 April 2012
Dalabai Gold Project Update
Gold explorer and developer Central Asia Resources Limited (ASX: CVR) is pleased to provide a processing update from its Dalabai Gold Project in Kazakhstan.
The Company’s initial shipment of gold resin, sent to mining services company Dank in Semey, Kazakhstan for processing, has been returned.
Testwork on the resin indicated it was loaded with approximately 5879 grams of gold.
Following treatment the Company immediately recovered 5181 grams, or 181 ounces of gold.
The Company also received 4727 grams (165 ounces) of silver.
A further 490 grams of gold and 3044 grams of silver remain in the processing circuit and will be delivered to Central Asia later this week.
Central Asia staff were in attendance to verify all aspects of the processing.
The cathode gold is being stored at Central Asia’s bank in Almaty, the capital of Kazakhstan. The gold will remain there until Central Asia receives an export permit.
While the permit process in Kazakhstan is transparent, it is a very lengthy procedure. Management is unsure when it will receive the export permit to sell the gold.
The Company's next target is to deliver 6 tonnes of resin to the processing facility.
On the basis of the initial run, this equates to approximately 30 kilograms – or 1050 ounces – of gold.
Central Asia currently has approximately 80,000 tonnes of ore stacked and leeching at Dalabai, which is about 50% of the leach pad’s targeted capacity.
The Company will continue to ramp up the production rate. When Central Asia reaches its name-plate production rate it will provide cash costs guidance.

STRAT
11-04-2012, 03:25 PM
$45k worth of stock is hardly a sell down fellas. Especially today.

drillfix
11-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Quite true Strat, not much $$ value to it, but still, I dont take it as a good sign or positive by no means!

JB,
I dont think I agree with you about your reason on this one mate.

As in, I dont hold as you know, but if I did, it would be because CVR is a Gold Co / Producer and nothing to do with the Silver, yet sure if the silver comes out in numbers then Bonus, but had I invested I would not be counting on Silver output from this Gold Investment if you catch my drift!

JBmurc
11-04-2012, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=drillfix;372139]Quite true Strat, not much $$ value to it, but still, I dont take it as a good sign or positive by no means!

JB,
I dont think I agree with you about your reason on this one mate.

yeah fair enough still 550koz of silver production would bring in over 15mill of revenue(CVR 25mill) ....That is a good chunk of change ...if say now CVR say in time we now find we can't recovery anywhere as much of the silver with thought we could i.e only 100koz thats a big deal maybe not in a total revenue to market value as CVR is valued so low and gold production should well still bring in a tidy amount but it could mean costs per oz of Gold eqi could increase as I was hoping the silver production would drop the gold production costs real low as being used as credits

gv1
08-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Whats happening here!!

JBmurc
08-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Whats happening here!!

CVR still leeching gold/silver waiting on export permit to sell the gold

gv1
28-05-2012, 04:36 PM
sold 200 ou fo $306k. 800 ou went to Russia to take out mercury.
what do u guys think......

JBmurc
28-05-2012, 06:34 PM

well its a start going need some real cost/production numbers in black n white to spark any interest IMHO

trackers
28-05-2012, 06:40 PM

Another 50/50 announcement lol... Still happy overall but market does the talking huh