PDA

View Full Version : Stocks currently in an Uptrend

drillfix
21-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Ok new thread.

This one if for anybody here to sound of the Code and name of any stock in an uptrend.

Uptrend being = Higher Highs & Higher Lows with Price trading above all EMA's which also are correctly formed or spread apart.

Two spotted today (thanks Depal) are:

NMG and SLR

All stocks have plenty of crossover EMA wash going on and recently or for a while, many stocks have been declining which some of will eventually be excellent for bottom picking for "If, When, or Should" the globals markets ever recover, so I am not holding my breath.

Sound off at random and post a chart if you wish to support your claims and if you hold etc etc :)

percy
21-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Both BPT and ILF look to be in an uptrend.

trackers
21-09-2011, 06:37 PM
I'll throw PXG into the mix

drillfix
21-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Both BPT and ILF look to be in an uptrend.

Good one percy, chart approved.

So here we now have:

NMG
SLR
BPT
ILF

Trackers, with regards to PXG,
Stocks will either in a Uptrend, Consolidation (sideways) or downtrend. Until PXG breaks above the previous 30.5c high, the stock will be considered in a Consolidation Phase even though it trades above the spread EMA's however it has yet to make a new Higher High, and holds a lower low still.

Like all good stocks though, time will tell.

Financially dependant
21-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Sxy...

I am holding atm bought near support and watching how it reacts to resistance above..

Financially dependant
21-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Also on my watch list are ADE & SSN

drillfix
21-09-2011, 10:40 PM
FD,

Your chart of SXY still shows shows it to be in a consolidation range between 37c & 50c

Agreed it has recently made a recent high but needs to needs to break 51.5c to make a new high. (IMO).

The weekly chart of SXY though shows the uptrend you are anticipating though. :P

ADE and SSN also not in uptrends at present.

drillfix
21-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Hmmm, maybe I should slacken up the original post of qualification of uptrend whilst in these markets.

Using my Prorealtime account, I added a Set ProScreener request as follows:

indicator1 = ExponentialAverage[13](close)
indicator2 = ExponentialAverage[30](close)
c1 = (indicator1 > indicator2)

indicator3 = ExponentialAverage[30](close)
indicator4 = ExponentialAverage[90](close)
c2 = (indicator3 > indicator4)

indicator5 = ExponentialAverage[90](close)
indicator6 = ExponentialAverage[200](close)
c3 = (indicator5 > indicator6)

SCREENER[c1 AND c2 AND c3] ((close/DClose(1)-1)*100 AS "% Chg yesterday")

And it brought the below results, which if you chart many of them, most of them are not showing uptrends although some, and many still are.

What this actually means or does is it shows me lots of EMA separation which is fantastic of clarifying the uptrend move but I need a way to add price to show the break out of its consolidated previous range.

Here are some that look good, great and not so great, so I need to work on the conditions to filter this a bit better to pick the cream of up trending stocks, so hopefully when I paste this it will come out correctly, which are also from yesterdays

Ticker_Last__Name

AUC 1.800 (c) AUSGOLD LIMITED
DUO 0.260 (c) DOURADO RESOURCES LIMITED
SRI 0.170 (c) SIPA RESOURCES LIMITED
VOR 0.089 (c) VOYAGER RESOURCES LIMITED
POH 0.160 (c) PHOSPHAGENICS LIMITED
TPT 0.730 (c) TANGIERS PETROLEUM LIMITED
SMA 0.036 (c) SMARTTRANS HOLDINGS LTD
EPY 0.205 (c) E-PAY ASIA LIMITED
TSV 0.042 (c) TRANSERV ENERGY LIMITED
PRU 3.850 (c) PERSEUS MINING LIMITED
RSG 1.730 (c) RESOLUTE MINING LIMITED
IGR 0.545 (c) INTEGRA MINING LIMITED
SLR 2.890 (c) SILVER LAKE RESOURCES LIMITED
CGM 0.075 (c) COUGAR METALS NL
MII 0.130 (c) MERIDIAN MINERALS LIMITED
MML 8.330 (c) MEDUSA MINING LIMITED
ILF 0.140 (c) ING RE COM STAPLED
BGL 0.290 (c) BIGAIR GROUP LIMITED
VSC 0.300 (c) VITA LIFE SCIENCES LIMITED.
CCF 0.310 (c) CARBON CONSCIOUS LIMITED
ABU 0.062 (c) ABM RESOURCES NL
NGF 0.220 (c) NORTON GOLD FIELDS LIMITED
EAU 20.000 (c) ELDORADO GOLD CORPORATION
ERN 0.230 (c) ERONGO ENERGY LIMITED
MVP 0.500 (c) MEDICAL DEVELOPMENTS INTERNATIONAL LIMI
SAR 0.750 (c) SARACEN MINERAL HOLDINGS LIMITED
RMS 1.640 (c) RAMELIUS RESOURCES LIMITED
QML 0.295 (c) QMASTOR LIMITED
SIP 0.625 (c) SIGMA PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
PUN 0.320 (c) PEGASUS METALS LIMITED
TEL 2.080 (c) TELECOM CORPORATION OF NEW ZEALAND LIMI
ARP 8.620 (c) ARB CORPORATION LIMITED
MIX 0.077 (c) MIRVAC IND UNIT
TLS 3.080 (c) TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED.
GPT 3.170 (c) GPT STAPLED
GOLD 170.580 (c) ETP. ETFS GOLD

Other mentioned:
NMG, SLR, BPT, ILF, and ABU also added just now.

Now folks, take into consideration that not all of these will be exact to my original definitions as many are still in range, but at least it gives you some good EMA seperation for the most part, which both Trackers and Financially Dependent have already greatfully added, though I shot down the request.

Not trying to be fussy, but rather more particular so that we can add probability to hopefully ALL of our situations as in these markets, we need as much as we can get.

Anyways, I will tweak this setup a bit better so hopefully we can get some Glamours showing :P

Cheers~!

soulman
22-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Nice new thread Drill. I like it.

Not much to offer here although I got plenty of stock in a downtrend.

Maybe FML since Aug are in an uptrend. NST are in an uptrend, barely and looks good for a quick scalp. All are gold stocks would you believe it.

I hold NST.

drillfix
22-09-2011, 01:00 AM
Cheers Soulman, good to have support for new ideas, however they are for us all to hopefully benefit so any contributions will be looked at.

Obviously I need to tweak the parameters of such scan but one day at a time as mentioned most of these have EMA's aligned but are still in a consolidation phase.

Was also considering a RSI 60 minute oversold which shows stocks that have been Completely Hammered.

I have been posting many negative posts recently after reading through many of my posts, so whilst all this smoke and mirror media and market moves are going on, just need to focus on some good trades, which also include less reading of Hot Copper as the mindset of the pack can becomes partially invasive to ones trading.

Anyway, glad you like the thread.

Cheers~!

ELYOB
22-09-2011, 01:14 AM
trend stocks list = risk .

Why not have a stock that goes against the market , and can make profit .

I have one , and its not on the list.

Eddie is the clue?

drillfix
22-09-2011, 01:56 AM

ELYOB, no matter what you trade, the pure fact that you put your money in = Risk

So its not trend stocks, or stocks in that list.

Dont mean to be rude here, but rather than give clues, can you just come out and say what you thinking?

The title of this thread is about stocks in Uptrends, so I try to keep the thread on topic without being run off the rails. Risk is everywhere at present with the exception that the more unstable things become, the more risk it is being in stocks with a few sectors becoming less risky.

Skol
22-09-2011, 03:23 AM
Trending slowly but I own TLS, big fat cheques in the mail, average 10% DY. Spends most of the time above the 13 day EMA, any port in a storm at the moment.

soulman
22-09-2011, 04:43 AM
TLS is definitely a safe stock in a volatile market. Slow and steady wins the race.

Drill, I like this thread because really, the aim of any investors is to buy winners and sell losers. This thread sums it all up and give people ideas and choices.

bermuda
22-09-2011, 10:48 AM

Why not have a stock that goes against the market , and can make profit .

I have one , and its not on the list.

Eddie is the clue?

Cooper Energy eh? COE. Yes, something is happening here. Trouble is those dipsticks Bush and Greenspan stuffed the USA and Europe and it is going to take a long long time until that 700 Trillion derivative debt is absorbed.

World conventional crude oil production is falling at over 6% per annum with 16 of the top 20 oil fields in permanent decline. The world cannot afford $100 oil. That is why we are now entering the Golden Age of Gas. The same energy for half the cost.

buns
22-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Hmmm, maybe I should slacken up the original post of qualification of uptrend whilst in these markets.

Using my Prorealtime account, I added a Set ProScreener request as follows:

indicator1 = ExponentialAverage[13](close)
indicator2 = ExponentialAverage[30](close)
c1 = (indicator1 > indicator2)

indicator3 = ExponentialAverage[30](close)
indicator4 = ExponentialAverage[90](close)
c2 = (indicator3 > indicator4)

indicator5 = ExponentialAverage[90](close)
indicator6 = ExponentialAverage[200](close)
c3 = (indicator5 > indicator6)

SCREENER[c1 AND c2 AND c3] ((close/DClose(1)-1)*100 AS "% Chg yesterday")

And it brought the below results, which if you chart many of them, most of them are not showing uptrends although some, and many still are.

What this actually means or does is it shows me lots of EMA separation which is fantastic of clarifying the uptrend move but I need a way to add price to show the break out of its consolidated previous range.

Here are some that look good, great and not so great, so I need to work on the conditions to filter this a bit better to pick the cream of up trending stocks, so hopefully when I paste this it will come out correctly, which are also from yesterdays

Ticker_Last__Name

AUC 1.800 (c) AUSGOLD LIMITED
DUO 0.260 (c) DOURADO RESOURCES LIMITED
SRI 0.170 (c) SIPA RESOURCES LIMITED
VOR 0.089 (c) VOYAGER RESOURCES LIMITED
POH 0.160 (c) PHOSPHAGENICS LIMITED
TPT 0.730 (c) TANGIERS PETROLEUM LIMITED
SMA 0.036 (c) SMARTTRANS HOLDINGS LTD
EPY 0.205 (c) E-PAY ASIA LIMITED
TSV 0.042 (c) TRANSERV ENERGY LIMITED
PRU 3.850 (c) PERSEUS MINING LIMITED
RSG 1.730 (c) RESOLUTE MINING LIMITED
IGR 0.545 (c) INTEGRA MINING LIMITED
SLR 2.890 (c) SILVER LAKE RESOURCES LIMITED
CGM 0.075 (c) COUGAR METALS NL
MII 0.130 (c) MERIDIAN MINERALS LIMITED
MML 8.330 (c) MEDUSA MINING LIMITED
ILF 0.140 (c) ING RE COM STAPLED
BGL 0.290 (c) BIGAIR GROUP LIMITED
VSC 0.300 (c) VITA LIFE SCIENCES LIMITED.
CCF 0.310 (c) CARBON CONSCIOUS LIMITED
ABU 0.062 (c) ABM RESOURCES NL
NGF 0.220 (c) NORTON GOLD FIELDS LIMITED
EAU 20.000 (c) ELDORADO GOLD CORPORATION
ERN 0.230 (c) ERONGO ENERGY LIMITED
MVP 0.500 (c) MEDICAL DEVELOPMENTS INTERNATIONAL LIMI
SAR 0.750 (c) SARACEN MINERAL HOLDINGS LIMITED
RMS 1.640 (c) RAMELIUS RESOURCES LIMITED
QML 0.295 (c) QMASTOR LIMITED
SIP 0.625 (c) SIGMA PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
PUN 0.320 (c) PEGASUS METALS LIMITED
TEL 2.080 (c) TELECOM CORPORATION OF NEW ZEALAND LIMI
ARP 8.620 (c) ARB CORPORATION LIMITED
MIX 0.077 (c) MIRVAC IND UNIT
TLS 3.080 (c) TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED.
GPT 3.170 (c) GPT STAPLED
GOLD 170.580 (c) ETP. ETFS GOLD

Other mentioned:
NMG, SLR, BPT, ILF, and ABU also added just now.

Now folks, take into consideration that not all of these will be exact to my original definitions as many are still in range, but at least it gives you some good EMA seperation for the most part, which both Trackers and Financially Dependent have already greatfully added, though I shot down the request.

Not trying to be fussy, but rather more particular so that we can add probability to hopefully ALL of our situations as in these markets, we need as much as we can get.

Anyways, I will tweak this setup a bit better so hopefully we can get some Glamours showing :P

Cheers~!

SCREENER[c1 AND c2 AND c3] ((close/DClose(1)-1)*100 AS "% Chg yesterday") = a good bet does it?

It’s funny – nearly all of the companies I recognise on this list are experiencing declining profits (most of the others/miners have probably never made one).

Doesn’t sound like the kind of trend I want to get into.

All the best

drillfix
22-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Gday Buns,

Again, I am not saying those stocks are a good bet & Geez, it seems some here are missing the point of this thread or looking at stocks from the last (1st) scan and then jumping into to boot.

All I am saying is that when I started this thread, I asked folks for stocks that had certain requirements.

I then ran a ProRealtime Scanner but only added 1 Third of the requirements, being all the EMA's lined up.

I now need to filter this by adding in the other parameters although using PRT, I am not exactly sure how to do this. (Yet).

I do not recommend people trade those stocks so anybody who does either needs their heads checked or has an appetite for risk.

Last, if we can get things back on track and look at the manual method we started with then hopefully better stocks will be presented here for all of us to either both "invest or Trade".

Make sense? I hope so~!

drillfix
22-09-2011, 04:01 PM
funny – nearly all of the companies I recognise on this list are experiencing declining profits (most of the others/miners have probably never made one).

Also Buns, if people prefer, I can use set the scan to the ASX200, ASX100, or ASX 50 if you and others prefer.

Its just that the majority of posts here on ST seem to be about penny stocks, or at least when I am reading posts, thats what I am mostly seeing.

So either way, I am open to suggestions here, but rather than people dump on me for trying to do a good thing "for everybody" I would rather have some suggestions to hopefully improve what has been started.

Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ps: and ELYOB, I still am open to hear about this stock of yours mate. I am sorry if I sounded harsh in any way in my last post to you as this is not my intention.

Cheers~!

Jay
22-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Good work drillfix -
How about the ASX 300 that would cover a fair few for most and maybe get some discussion on something other than "penny" stocks
Maybe because there is not much/nothing to make on the bigger stocks at present - the whole forum is quieter than usual - probably due to the current volatility/uncertainty - just my 3 cents (incl GST) worth.

drillfix
22-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Hi Jay,

Not sure if the ProRealtime offers ASX 300 but I will check after markets or tonight some time.

As mentioned in my previous post, I still need to tweak and add to my scan or find a better way to filter the results to remove flee bitten woofers that need the woodshed treatment done one them :P

Will sure let you know about the ASX300 though.

Cheer~!

soulman
23-09-2011, 03:52 AM
With the market going as it is Drill (DOW currently down 360 in the first few hours), it will be hard to find uptrending stocks.

Good luck Drill. Are you holding anything uptrending or mostly cash.

drillfix
23-09-2011, 04:26 AM
Fortunately Soulman, I am holding 99% cash in my trading account.

I also have a smaller long term account which I dont care too much about that I have with commsec as that is more of an experiment for me.

Currently logged into Pro Realtime and trying to experiment with a couple of Scans or as they call them at PRT, Proscreeners.

There are some other public ones that I had been checking out and with conditions like we are seeing tonight and perhaps next week too nothing much is going to be effective so perhaps it maybe time to turn to currencies to trade.

At least there is a constant trend usually, and which as you know, you can readily short them and go long.

Just need to watch out for whatever market news in currencies as they can shift rapidly many times. But I also try to use Range Bars to try to keep me out of the so called Chop at times so certain times of the day, it all turns to Chop, and certain other times, things start to move, and trend.

So I think I may consider a move back towards that.

ps:
Yikes, Make that -423 on the Dow soulman.

drillfix
23-09-2011, 12:53 PM
AEU - its up today too :-)

Well spotted KW.

I knew if I called this thread Stocks currently in a downtrend then we would be here all day listing them like a full time job so anything up is nice to see :)

mark100
23-09-2011, 02:39 PM
NHR, MYS, HSN and MMS are 4 on my list slightly green. As for whether they are uptrending, well only NHR is above its 200 DMA due to a takeover bid

drillfix
23-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Hi Mark,

NHR yes, all the others No for uptrend.

Also, NHR, talk about takeover, or should I say, GAP UP :)

mark100
23-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Yeah nice boost for long term NHR holders. I am only in at $3.11 following the bid. Bid is unconditional and you get $3 or $3.60 if they reach compulsory acqusition. That depends on a wealthy Tasmanian selling his 22% stake.

NHC and AUB are 2 shares I regularly hold and trade that are still sitting above their 200DMA

drillfix
23-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Good work drillfix -
How about the ASX 300 that would cover a fair few for most and maybe get some discussion on something other than "penny" stocks
Maybe because there is not much/nothing to make on the bigger stocks at present - the whole forum is quieter than usual - probably due to the current volatility/uncertainty - just my 3 cents (incl GST) worth.

Jay, just finishing up on what I said I would do.

I looked at the PRT scanner and it seems to only offer the whole of the ASX or the ASX100

Perhaps once I sort out a few scanning or programming tricks I can just make sure the results are the best we can get them. Or at least I hope.

As always, time will tell.

Cheers~!

Jay
23-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Jay, just finishing up on what I said I would do.

I looked at the PRT scanner and it seems to only offer the whole of the ASX or the ASX100

Perhaps once I sort out a few scanning or programming tricks I can just make sure the results are the best we can get them. Or at least I hope.

As always, time will tell.

Cheers~!

Thanks for looking into it drill
Appreciated

elZorro
23-09-2011, 10:34 PM
CPZ carried on up today, this stock has some NZ connections, their buyout of a big UK client with squillions of carparks should be a game-changer.

soulman
23-09-2011, 11:49 PM
I'm happy to sit on 10% plus dividend payers, and wait the market out. Its better than cash in the bank. So long as they dont go belly up - but corporates and AREITs are in good shape these days, unlike 2008.

Only if you haven't sold out yet KW. Probably 2 weeks ago was a good time to sell. I have lighten quite a bit but still got some stock with some rational reason to hold onto such as DTL, QBE and PPT.

BSA and MEO has net cash position, as well as DTL. I actually sold half PPT and QBE recently as well. My brokers are the one fruiting. Shoulda sold the lot in hindsight.

Will analyse on the weekend and re-strated for next week.

drillfix
19-10-2011, 12:42 PM
So here we now have:

NMG
SLR
BPT
ILF

Like all good stocks though, time will tell.

Morning folks, this thread had seemed to vanish and I came across NMG
It now seems that NMG has broken down into a consolidation pattern at present, so off the list it goes.

So back to: SLR - BPT - ILF - BRU

(ps: BRU added to the above)

Anybody care to report some more stocks in an uptrend that are not mentioned?

Brut
19-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Hi, not sure if anyone is following AVB (ASX)? Has broken it's downtrend & running hot at the moment...

whirly
19-10-2011, 01:33 PM
TXN has just released its 4th Eagle Ford flow rates that on the back of a steady climb over the last couple of weeks should see it continuing its st uptrend. I hold from 57. Trading has just resumed up 3 to 71.

Also watching MAH to see if it breaks out of its trading range and on the NZX RAK which has served me well for st trades.

drillfix
19-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Hi, not sure if anyone is following AVB (ASX)? Has broken it's downtrend & running hot at the moment...

Hi Brut,

Yes watching AVB today. Currently running hot as you say as it seems a hotcopper flavour of the week.

The stock is not actually in an uptrend at this precise moment although it is breaking out to have made a higher high.

13ema crossed the 60ema but yet to cross the 150ema which then leaves the stock in a consolidation trend with up and down swings so until the EMA's line up and price above all, with the stock making approx 3 higher highs and higher lows then we remain in consolidation (imo).

Now all I can say is DARN, I missed the OBV and RSI buy sign from yesterday.

Those who picked it up had reduced risk but now at these prices (which could go higher) this creates too much risk for my liking so will let it go.

Thanks for the post though Brut.

Skol
19-10-2011, 01:47 PM
You could try VBA, punters cashing in on Qantas's misfortune I guess. Up again today at .36.

Thru the 200 day MA.

drillfix
19-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Cheers Skol,

Currently VBA is still in consolidation although price is above the 13ema it has also just touched the 200ema and could see some weakness as 36c seems to be resistance from the previous high.

Fortunate for VBA as QAN seems to have tripped themselves up as they try to exploit their own people and whilst the CEO (What a tosser) tries to give himself a pay rise in amongst foreseen issues.

Will keep an eye on VBA for any break upwards.

Hi Whirly,

Well done on your entry of TXN and good to see the stock making a higher high although keep an eye on it around 76c should it climb there as there could be some resistance.

TXN also still in consolidation whilst the EMA's are crossing upward they are not quite lined up as yet so will also keep an eye on this.

STRAT
19-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Nwe ................................

upside_umop
19-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Saw that today too Strat...have an order in after being out for a while.

drillfix
19-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Nwe ................................

Uptrend?

A nice move up from the recent 3c about but not quite in an uptrend yet there Strat as the EMA's still showing a downtrend.

NWE Intraday & Daily > http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/pkhyv46hkh4riiivanlm_NWEintraday.png

Interesting stock this though, it falls a sleeps at times and then Rocks on other days.

upside_umop
19-10-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm seeing 2 higher lows and 2 higher highs....I thought that was enough to confirm an uptrend? I guess it's all on the time scale you're looking at DF.

One of your EMA's is uptrending?

whirly
19-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Hi Whirly,

Well done on your entry of TXN and good to see the stock making a higher high although keep an eye on it around 76c should it climb there as there could be some resistance.

TXN also still in consolidation whilst the EMA's are crossing upward they are not quite lined up as yet so will also keep an eye on this.

Quite right Drillfix. It could be a dangerous entry point.

drillfix
19-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Sorry for any confusion UU, In starting this thread, in my first post I wrote:

Uptrend being = Higher Highs & Higher Lows with Price trading above all EMA's which also are correctly formed or spread apart.

So to me, unless the above is met, stocks are either in one of 3 things.

In a Down trend.
In a Up trend
In a Consolidation pattern.

Of course, each to their own to how one views this :)

One of your EMA's is uptrending?

Yes UU, NWE Price has caught the upward 13ema yet all the emas in the chart previously posted are downward so hence although price is up above this only suggestions its another range into the consoldiation pattern until the other EMA's follow.

Saying that, though one could easily say that a short term uptrend has commenced.

STRAT
19-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Uptrend?

.Yup. Sure is.

Didnt read your first post Drilly. Just the title.

but all EMA? That would be a lot of lines. My charting program lets me choose 3. Bet I can find three that fit the bill. :D

Whirly is right of course. A bit early for the cautious. Volume still light but I assumed the thread was for an early heads up.

My bad.

STRAT
19-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Hi Drilly
Hows this one? :D
A couple of cross overs too.
Not sure it changes the picture any though

drillfix
19-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Nahh your all right there Strat.

With re-EMA's well, yes as by using them all it gives a longer term picture than much of the what I call Consolidated Chop that folks end up getting caught up in (including myself).

Better yet for longer term, a weekly chart is the go however with the recent or previous carnage on markets, many stocks face a similar trend warnings with their EMA's being shifted towards a downwards alignment, which I am not exactly certain to what % of stocks are falling downward compared to % moving upward. It would be fantastic if anybody would have those statistics handy. (brokers with stats perhaps).

I am finding these are quite yukky markets to trade and as much as some combined signals act a trigger, the overall global forces seem to be triggering these into false signals so which means we can easily end up the short term swings of Chop, which IMO should be treated with caution.

drillfix
19-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi Drilly
Hows this one? :D
A couple of cross overs too.
Not sure it changes the picture any though

LOL Strat, you tricky dude you. :p

EMA timing you have shown is a little too close for my liking personally~!

soulman
19-10-2011, 06:50 PM
This is another late one but I noticed a few big chunks of REY taken in the past month.

I am pissed I sold too early though.

drillfix
19-10-2011, 07:00 PM
This is another late one but I noticed a few big chunks of REY taken in the past month.

I am pissed I sold too early though.

Ahh no point in getting pissed soulman as At least you caught it early, so well done there mate. No point in trying to pick tops and bottoms.

Missed the boat on a few stocks today actually. In particular was LCT as one example with Japanese committing to a 25 million to JV with LCT.
Could maybe see some more upside here, but always apply caution.

Also watching the opposite of trend following downwards and another alarm bell seems to be BHP which technically could easily find itself set to retest its 52 week low of 33.68 which for a bellwether stock could drag trigger a few alarm bells for many other resource stocks.

soulman
19-10-2011, 07:17 PM
True Drill. Also, it seems to draw out some large sellers now. LCT looks to be in daytraders hand tomorrow.

Your last sentence was also spot on. All iron ore stocks are getting a thrashing with the likes of FMG, AGO.

Although bucking the trend is IOH. They sold some tenements for some $75mil cash lately to RIO and MIN.

mark100
20-10-2011, 05:19 PM
GXL sitting well above its 200DMA. The 12 month chart looks quite good and fundamentals are ok as well. Holding a few

drillfix
20-10-2011, 05:33 PM
GXL sitting well above its 200DMA. The 12 month chart looks quite good and fundamentals are ok as well. Holding a few

Well spotted there Mark, added to the list.

A mate of mine also keeps reminding me of AXZ which is another upward mover.

So the list is now:

SLR - BPT - ILF - BRU - GXL - AXZ

ps:
Mark, why didn't you tell us about that a couple of months back..lol

mark100
20-10-2011, 05:43 PM
I only took notice after last weeks update to the market. Basically it confirmed that the profit outlook for this year is solid. Fundamentals are the primary criteria for what I buy, although I always have a look at the chart before buying and selling (and it has saved me many times!)

Lizard
20-10-2011, 05:54 PM
ps: Mark, why didn't you tell us about that a couple of months back..lol

Because I was? :p
http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?4900-GXL-Greencross-Limited-Veterinarians&p=350136&viewfull=1#post350136

PS: I think SNL and LBL are also in uptrends on my list, but neither have your kind of liquidity.

soulman
20-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Looks like LCT dissappoint a lot of punters. Lucky I didn't dabble yesterday.

Maybe you can add NSE to the list Drill. NSE hold a nice stake in BRU.

drillfix
20-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Because I was? :p
http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?4900-GXL-Greencross-Limited-Veterinarians&p=350136&viewfull=1#post350136

PS: I think SNL and LBL are also in uptrends on my list, but neither have your kind of liquidity.

Doh Liz, I should make a point of reading all your posts rather than just some...LOL

Finally getting to that $1 mark that I valued at a few months back, after having announced some recent acquisitions,

Also, nice call and technically showing an uptrend on the stocks you mention being SNL and LBL so we can add that to the basket.

Up trending stock list: >> SLR - BPT - ILF - BRU - GXL - AXZ - SNL - LBL - NSE

ps:
Liz, what valuation approx do you think GXL would potentially reach? or perhaps, how much is paying too much for its worth?

pps:
Soulman, sorry for the late response, NSE added. Looks like an inside bar on the LCT chart so plenty of people taking profits and taking losses as well. Global futures appear red as well more likely more pressure to come, though as you know time will tell.

Lizard
20-10-2011, 06:52 PM
ps:
Liz, what valuation approx do you think GXL would potentially reach? or perhaps, how much is paying too much for its worth?

Hi Drillfix,
I have fair value at around $1.20 - $1.40, but if you ignore the debt and dilution risk (and it seems GXL are trying to run the model in a less dilutative way than some of these types), $1.80 would be fair value. $1.40 seems realistic on a 12-month timeframe and $1.27 on a short term.

PS: Don't pretend to beat yourself up about not reading my posts - in general, I fall for illiquid stocks that aren't compatible with chart-trading, so I wouldn't really expect you to read them.

drillfix
20-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Liz, I promise wont pretend and I wont give myself a black eye over it LOL :p

Yet, thanks for you Fundamental insight into the story of GXL, as I have not read yet it is a classic example of how a trader with both Fundamental and Technical knowledge would be more of a survivor than some one with only one cap so to speak.

Cheers ~!

trackers
21-10-2011, 07:06 AM
NST is in a lovely long uptrend.

drillfix
21-10-2011, 12:36 PM
NST is in a lovely long uptrend.

Wow, I cant believe it. I used to watch Northern Star ages ago below 10c and now they are 55c

Definitely in an uptrend as you say trackers, onto the list they go.

Thnx~!

Up trending stock list: >> SLR - BPT - ILF - BRU - GXL - AXZ - SNL - LBL - NSE - NST

drillfix
21-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Another stock of observation is TRH which, was going well and looking technically wonderful, but the Horrific 60 minute chart looks like of those rides at a theme park here on the Gold Coast, QLD. :P

Without any doubt, buyers on mon - wed and completely spewing. As would be those who bought in last week. IMO a target of 75c seems on the cards.

Unfortunately as price has fallen off the cliff on this one, TRH will not be added to the list, ye tthe EMA's are still aligned.

Perhaps a good bounce trade though proceed with caution.
(gap to 94c may eventually become filled at some stage but who knows)

drillfix
21-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Yes? No? Ignored? Forgotten?

LOL KW, (AEU - TLS)

Ok, from what I see from IB charts is:

AEU
Yep, its kind of an uptrend though trading right on the 13ema at this precise moment and all the EMA's line up.
AEU really needs to break above 90+c so this way a higher high can register.
Since Dec 2010the stock made an upward move however it could also be shown it has stayed in consolidation range.
So while the stock has its EMA alignment correct, it seems to fail the Higher High and Higher Low longer (dec 2010) range therefore I would view this as Consolidating until above a 90+c breakout so I guess boarders on both consolidation and uptrend.

TLS
Yes, telstra now is in an uptrend although since Mid may 2011 with higher highs and higher lows with one exception week which gave it complete collapse.
EMA's are looking good, price currently above all EMA's, which is good and nigher highs and higher lows, which gets the Uptrend Tick.

Not forgotten not ignored, just so many things going on with so many mixed bag of traps, false breaks and fakes and also Opportunities.

Lets Add TLS :)
imo

Up trending stock list: >> SLR - BPT - ILF - BRU - GXL - AXZ - SNL - LBL - NSE - NST - TLS

Skol
21-10-2011, 07:32 PM
AAC - you won't get rich off this one but I like cows so I own it. Technically looks OK and with the drought in the USA could be a winner. Cattle numbers in the USA the lowest since 1959 and going lower.

Up 7c today.

Skol
24-10-2011, 01:10 PM
AAC - you won't get rich off this one but I like cows so I own it. Technically looks OK and with the drought in the USA could be a winner. Cattle numbers in the USA the lowest since 1959 and going lower.

Up 7c today.

Too early to tell whether this is a flash in the pan or not, but up again today, 4%. AAC own 1.1% of the Australian Continent, but it's not exactly prime waterfront.

Skol
28-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Looks like AAC's rally's turned into a fizzer, but I think VBA needs to be on the list.

Corporate
31-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Fellas, I don't have time to start a new thread. However, I found IDC over the weekend. Seems very undervalued compared to its pears. JORC compliance resource should be annouced in the coming weeks 2m oz plus

OutToLunch
31-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Fellas, I don't have time to start a new thread. However, I found IDC over the weekend. Seems very undervalued compared to its pears. JORC compliance resource should be annouced in the coming weeks 2m oz plus

Got me some of these too. Mt Kare could hold quite a bit of the yellow stuff and it's already been proven up to 2M oz using the Canadian JORC equivalent based on over 300 drill holes and a very low assumed gold price. I think the imminent JORC revision could really put a rocket under the share price (or at least make it look very cheap).

Corporate
31-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Got me some of these too. Mt Kare could hold quite a bit of the yellow stuff and it's already been proven up to 2M oz using the Canadian JORC equivalent based on over 300 drill holes and a very low assumed gold price. I think the imminent JORC revision could really put a rocket under the share price (or at least make it look very cheap).

My thoughts exactly. The original Canadian reserve was based on gold at $300 per oz and silver at $5 per oz. Current prices (management indicate a conservative $900 per gold oz). This is going to automatically mean a lower cut-off grade . Add to this, Management have been indicating a "significant" increase from the 2m oz's already proven.

Take a look at GRY...2mill oz and market cap of $400m!!! Compare that to IDC at $90m....

soulman
02-11-2011, 05:45 PM
We should put down EOC and MZM into the mix. I would classified MZM EV of ($17 mil) and EOC (EV of $30 mil) very good value. MZM even has numerous holdings in other company, a JORC of 500,000 ounces of gold, an exciting copper project and a super exciting manganese project. Also nearly $10 mil in cash for an explorer.

drillfix
02-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Soulman, great stocks there, and yes good value indeed, plus I like MZM (always have)

Although EOC nor MZM are actually yet in up trend at present though.

Though this does not subtract from the stock.

soulman
07-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Here we go. Maybe a leaky ship. MZM up a lazy 23.9%. I have been accumulating them and just for risk management, sold a few for 44 early this morning before the run home. What a DONK.

On the flip side, EOC going the other way.

You in MZM Drill?

drillfix
08-11-2011, 12:17 AM
You in MZM Drill?

No, no MZM at present there soulman, though dont go too hard on yourself for entries and exits. You will do ok :)

soulman
08-11-2011, 05:26 PM
True Drill. Part and parcel of trading. Exit is hard only when they jumped like this.

Again today exit wasn't tip top but happy still because I got some in the morning at 51. Someone/s offload 80K shares at 51 and 80K at 52. They do look foolish now.

Currently at 68.5 cents.

drillfix
08-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Its all part of the Game soulman.

Really though, by the sounds of things, you are doing just fine and Dandy. (honestly).

I tell a few folks I know not worrying about trying to catch every single half cent of the spread of a day in a stock. Just capture what you need or surely can and move on. Or allow yourself to research what it exactly is that is making your pull out too early (fear?) or not too early (greed?).

IMO, get a mental picture and balance between the two and stick to it and dont be affected by what or who on HC caught the full spread, as most of the time, its they (them HC) posters that are generating the spread on many stocks anyway to some degree or a large part of it, in many instances.

You pick the winners, and get your cut, just keep doing it and keep an eye out for your next move as well.

Well done again~!

soulman
08-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Thanks Drill. I have moved the funds into IDC, MEO and EOC.

drillfix
08-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Thanks Drill. I have moved the funds into IDC and EOC.

LOL,

You dont waste much time mate. Go the soulman speedy turnover fund :)

soulman
08-11-2011, 06:11 PM
No sir. As we all know, time is money. Add NSE to the list. Not big amount but just trying to ride the uptrend as we know this great thread is all about

Huang Chung
08-11-2011, 06:54 PM
I'd be happy to call an uptrend for Gascoyne Resources (GCY). bought some late last week at 25 c after some good drill results.

Certainly worth a look IMHO.

Corporate
08-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks Drill. I have moved the funds into IDC, MEO and EOC.

Good to see you in two of my favourites soulman :)

drillfix
10-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Another stock in a nice uptrend would be SLR
(dunno if we have mentioned it already but what the heck).

Currently running like a madman though starting to appear toppy with the lower technicals.

soulman
10-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Did not even see SLR lately. Big gain in context of goldies. Other such as NST have reasonable movement as well.

Huang Chung
14-11-2011, 09:23 PM
I'd be happy to call an uptrend for Gascoyne Resources (GCY). bought some late last week at 25 c after some good drill results.

Still grinding its way upward. Closed at 28c today, with the sellers at 29c.

soulman
15-11-2011, 09:19 PM
I have sold IDC and NSE for OK gains.

MEO and EOC are stalling.

I sold MZM for 67 before the halt. Thought I made a mistake which indeed it was when they open at 80 this morning. Seems that the drilling result did not impress the market/punters.

Right now, I am looking at your stock HC but haven't taken a stake yet.

drillfix
16-11-2011, 01:05 PM
AEU - haha Drillfix, it now meets even your requirements :-) I've always considered it still uptrending, as its never broken below its 200 day MA.

Well, yep indeed your right there KW. Although, watch out for the gap up on AEU, it may be filled again and test the (new) support line @ 89.5c (at some stage or another).

But with regards to requirements, as you know, many stocks fall into a consolidation pattern and can do this for months upon end forming a pennant which then either breaks one way or the other (up or down).

Too often many folks (including myself) tend to see and believe or convince ourselves that the stock is up-trending when it remains in a consolidation phase, yet the truth is our minds are making exceptions, which may be good for a gambler to do but not as a trader. Its Kinda that no different to that of the Naked Woman theory, we by we can imagine all sorts of things to any degree if we allow ourselves...LOL

Anyway, good to see AEU committed upward otherwise, the illusion of an uptrend can be a tricky thing as we get one part of the picture compulete (EMA Lineup) and price telling us another thing due to the consolidated nature.

Well spotted and good to see you got your finger on the pulse there.

Looking at some of these stocks, some deserve prizes and are so very picturesque or portrait of a typical uptrend such as NST would be one quick example to come to mind.

So the current Up trending stock list stands as follows:
(I have not been checking to verify each stock but will double check).

>> SLR - BPT - ILF - BRU - GXL - AXZ - SNL - LBL - NSE - NST - TLS - AEU

soulman
16-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Sorry KW. Got carried away.

Should we put PXG into this list Drill. It's still range bound.

yabster
16-11-2011, 02:56 PM
RSG - in a long uptrend - don't hold any though!

drillfix
16-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Sorry KW. Got carried away.

Should we put PXG into this list Drill. It's still range bound.

PXG looking good there soulman, but yeah still range bound though. Although a couple of weeks could change could show a excellent setup.

(off topic, I previously added some options at 9c and heads at 22c)

RSG - in a long uptrend - don't hold any though!

Yep RSG is a goer there Yab, although quite a sharp ride upwards on the daily but a beautiful 60 min chart~!

Now added now to the list below:

>> SLR - BPT - ILF - BRU - GXL - AXZ - SNL - LBL - NSE - NST - TLS - AEU - RSG

ps:
Should anybody discover that one of these stocks slips back into range bound or consolidation or downtrend, can you give a heads up to the thread or just update the list above accordingly, as I dont always follow the list but keep an eye on it and also love to discover new stocks out there as well :P

soulman
16-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Sure Drill. Also got some PXG between 21 and 22.

NSE has gone range bound due to capital raising.

drillfix
16-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Good stuff soulman,

I see by looking at a few other charts, there are numerous stocks that are in a type of Pending state or condition, with EMA alignment and crossovers, yet still sitting in a range bound pattern with either a pennant forming or like its waiting for either the fundamentals to shine through or Sector wide upgrade or something.

Will continue to look for other stocks yet looking forward to finding one, just prior to when it happens.

Just did a post on MEO in reply to FD who was commenting on MEO and it has been consolidating since DEC 2010 but could, may, potentially, with some fundamentals and global market risk coming down, come out of its phase or range, and close its huge gap.

Perhaps we could have a PRE-Uptrend thread or Add a Pre Status which could have potential alarm bells the give the early warning system as these are also the stocks that many of us seem to want to be on, yet as I trader, I will not gamble that they will go into an uptrend, as I would rather pay a Premium and only catch X% of the spread to its target than trying to pick bottoms or tops.

So, what do you reckon folks? shall we add a Pre UP section to this thread, adding the above type mentioned stock?

A lot of work to maintain, but if we all copy the list and check the list each day or week at least we can get a fair idea of what is where which makes it easier for everybody rather than one person have to continually update, which can be a chore.

soulman
21-11-2011, 03:46 PM

Yes, GCY indeed getting a move on. Now in the 30's. Well done HC.

percy
21-11-2011, 06:20 PM
BPT very strong today.the trend continues.
great post by drillfix on Beach thread.

soulman
09-12-2011, 05:10 PM
The bot are targeting MZM today. I put in a sell order at 40 for a partial and it took the lot. The buyer side might be low and the sell side top heavy, it looks like the bot is taking everything in anyone selling on-market.

Huang Chung
03-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Reckon Neon Energy is worth checking out. Seems to be in a long term uptrend, and short run upend as well. Plenty of volume moving the price a touch higher today as well.

Bought a few today.

mark100
03-01-2012, 03:38 PM
CCP getting very close to crossing the 200 DMA

drillfix
03-01-2012, 04:45 PM
We had this with the breakout thread - probably better to resurrect that one.

Right you are there KW.

In fact, perhaps we should just name this thread Trending Stocks so either way the wind blows so to speak :)

mark100
04-01-2012, 03:11 PM
CCP and MYE above their 200 DMA

STRAT
09-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Heres a fairly sexy chart :D

Jay
09-01-2012, 04:22 PM
I agree Strat

Shame I did not buy around Aug/Sept 2010 !

Still well above my entry point

drillfix
09-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Ahh well Jay, thats the way it goes sometimes ay~!

Was nearly kicking myself about BRU for not buying at 18c quite a while back but these things happen, and we cant be everywhere all at once unfortunately.

Have chosen to just be happy to have even caught a bit of a run on any stock and if you buy in and hold from the low to a multi bagging then all the more power to you :)

corporateraider
09-01-2012, 06:00 PM
AGS is continuing a nice little run with a big spike in volume today. I think that 3 or 4 of us picked it for the competition.

Jay
09-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Ahh well Jay, thats the way it goes sometimes ay~!

Was nearly kicking myself about BRU for not buying at 18c quite a while back but these things happen, and we cant be everywhere all at once unfortunately.

Have chosen to just be happy to have even caught a bit of a run on any stock and if you buy in and hold from the low to a multi bagging then all the more power to you :)

Agree - can't get them all

Been in and out couple of times - too tight stops as it turns out, but could have easily gone the other way

corporateraider
10-01-2012, 06:13 PM
AGS up another 25% today.

Aotea
10-01-2012, 06:20 PM
ZYL...watch this space.

soulman
10-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Well done CR. Thinking of jumping on board this afternoon at 28 but didn't. Strong finish. Another hindsight bias. Instead came on board 3 other miners in ZYL, RES and MTE.

Huang Chung
11-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Not sure weather you'd necessarily say an uptrend, but Horseshoe Metals (HOR) burst out of the blocks this afternoon, finishing up 5.5c to 33c on good volume. Not sure what's going on here, but I do know they are waiting on assays from their second round of drilling at Kumarina. Research report came out yesterday, which looks to be a realistic portrail of what's happing with the HOR.

http://investor.horseshoemetals.com.au/IRM/Company/ShowPage.aspx/PDFs/984-85949158/HelmsecGlobalSecuritiesResearchNote