PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jobs dead

winner69
06-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Great man who changed the way many see the world ... RIP

Funny i was just reading an article about what lessons managers could learn from Steve Jobs in Fast Company .... finished it and looked at the news and Steve was dead

minimoke
06-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Jeez, here was me thinking he didn't front the Iphone 5 launch cos he wanted to leave it to Cook. He has left a massive legacy. I'm wondering if anyone will bring simplicity to the masses in the same way he did.

troyvdh
07-10-2011, 06:44 PM
A very sad day...it must have been quick....i suggest those interested to listen to his address to Stanford Uni....bloody sad ....some may remember "our"....S Jobs....Mr Britten...who passed away way to early.

fungus pudding
07-10-2011, 06:47 PM
A very sad day...it must have been quick....i suggest those interested to listen to his address to Stanford Uni....bloody sad ....some may remember "our"....S Jobs....Mr Britten...who passed away way to early.

Yep - Britten was an amazing character. Born 1950 and died 1995.

troyvdh
07-10-2011, 09:52 PM
..given the response to this thread...being quite minimal is in my mind quite sad....given the changes to our lives that he has made....i would have thought that folk can now phone/e mail/text/skype....et al whilst sitting on a beach anywhere on earth would have warranted some recognition.......what a funny old world

Sideshow Bob
08-10-2011, 10:38 AM
iSad2.....

corran
09-10-2011, 03:26 AM
Sad news.

I liked this quote from Obama:

"There may be no greater tribute to Steve's success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented."

Lego_Man
21-10-2011, 11:33 AM
..given the response to this thread...being quite minimal is in my mind quite sad....given the changes to our lives that he has made....i would have thought that folk can now phone/e mail/text/skype....et al whilst sitting on a beach anywhere on earth would have warranted some recognition.......what a funny old world

Probably because people think there are more important things to expend emotional energy on than shedding tears for someone who was, no more and no less, a guy who convinced people that they needed certain things and then sold it to them - making a lot of money in the process.

He was a very slick marketer, corporate strategist, and CEO. Who also happened to have a good team of designers.

But let's not canonise him for god's sake.