PDA

View Full Version : KiwiSaver shares

Kaspar
17-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Hi guys,
Do you know what shares your Kiwisaver fund invests in? I'm in the ASB Growth fund and I was just curious as to what companies it has shares in seeing as 70% of it is invested in stock. I received the annual report but it's a summary and doesn't go into too much detail.

lou
18-10-2011, 06:49 AM
No, that is why i went with superlife http://www.superlife.co.nz/portfolios-and-profiles.html

karen1
18-10-2011, 07:49 AM
Kaspar,

I would think that most providers, including ASB, will have all the information you require readily available if you register online to view your portfolio, and if you cannot then see where your funds are invested I suggest you contact your provider and question why. I am with my second provider, and in both cases I am/have been able to view the information you seek. There is no doubt a disclosure ruling regarding such information being available, at least to members.

Kaspar
18-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Ok I'm registered online with ASB Master Trust so I can log in and view the Kiwisaver balance and transactions etc but there are no other details, looks like I'll have to contact ASB to get more info, cheers.

RRR
24-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Kaspar - I presume you want this information http://www.asb.co.nz/kiwisaver/downloads/ASB_KiwiSaver_Investment_Statement.pdf

Scroll down on page 12.

Kaspar
25-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Thanks for that RRR, it looks like the fund invests in index tracker funds like Vanguard, which I feel is better long term than trusting managers trying to beat the market and also taking their fees so I'm gonna stick with this one.

RRR
02-11-2011, 07:57 PM
I am also with ASB, although I like superlife better because of lower cost but cant be bothered to switch.

My contributions (or asset allocation) are 50% growth and 50% conservative and despite the sell off in share markets my present portfolio by worth is 49.3% growth and 50.7% conservative.

My question is does ASB have asset allocation strategy which means they will try to maintain the asset allocation from future contributions - looks like it to me any way. But no mention of it in the investment statement. Can some one clarify it please. I have also emailed ASB about it.

Asset allocation is not understood well by the beginners and it is nice to do it passively without emotional bias.