PDA

View Full Version : AJM: Altura Mining Ltd

Anna Naum
26-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Thought it was time for AJM to have its own thread

Corporate
27-10-2011, 08:32 AM
This is care of Aksier on Hotcopper...

Altura Mining Ltd: AJM Altura has four significant arms to its business. Firstly it has a 30% interest in the Mt Webber DSO project with Atlas Iron which is central to AGO achieving its stated aim of 12mtpa production by the end of 2012 (note AJM owns the asset). Secondly, the Pilgangoora lithium project is fast growing into a world class resource which could become a large, low cost producer. Then there is the Tabalong coal project in Indonesia for which mining approvals have just been granted. And finally the company has a drilling services business which generates $2m in free cash flow per year. The senior management team comes with strong credentials having worked in senior roles at New Hope Corporation (ASX: NHC). Further acquisitions of new coal assets are likely in Indonesia and the Philippines in the near term. The discounted cash flow valuation of the companies businesses and cash comes in at $0.94 per share (see breakdown below). Cash reserves of approximately $35m are sufficient to fund the company’s development plans through to the generation of substantial free cash flows.

News Due: Further assay results from Pilgangoora lithium project. Agreement on terms for development of Mt Webbs DSO project with Atlas Iron, including infrastructure sharing agreement. Forrestry land use permit for Tabalong coal project. Details of further coal acquisitions in Indonesia and Philippines. Price Target: Although the volume has slowly been increasing over the past week the stock needs some high volume days to really get it moving and I sense those days could be close. A break of 16.5 cents gives an initial target of 18.5 cents. Disclosure: Holding AJM

macduffy
27-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Thanks, Corporate, for first alerting us to this company a few days ago.

I liked what I read and have been doing a bit of quiet research. Aksier (above) has summarised the position well. I particularly like the prospect of regular assay results from the lithium project which should present trading opportunities but I'll be looking for a longer term position when the SP uptrends.

Corporate
27-10-2011, 10:39 AM
macduffy, no problem - the more the merrier. Aksier performed a DCF of the projects that puts AJM on a value of 90c, I'd be happy with half of that to begin with.

I really like that AJM is working along side AGO which is a company going places.

Also fully funded ($30m+ in the bank).

Corporate
27-10-2011, 10:39 AM
p.s. check out the lithium presentation if you haven't already.

drillfix
27-10-2011, 12:29 PM
This is care of Aksier on Hotcopper...

You know, I think that Aksier has been raving on about this stock for so long now, that sooner or later it will have to do a run on even on the probability of doing so from him posting the facts on HC often...LOL

Anna Naum
28-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Looking better, has traded 18.5c, currently 18c bid

gazprom1
31-10-2011, 01:12 PM
p.s. check out the lithium presentation if you haven't already.

Hi Corporate,

Like the look of this one....thanks for bringing it to our attention. Bought last week and happy to buy soem more going forward as I free up some funds.

Gaz

Entrep
03-11-2011, 07:09 PM
I've had this one on my radar for about a year and it seems to be forming a base around these levels and have plenty of interest. Was one of the buyers at 17c yesterday

macduffy
04-11-2011, 06:05 PM
AJM may be forming a base but volumes are still very modest.

Think I'll keep watching and waiting.

:cool:

Corporate
09-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Not much happening with AJM recently. This is a long term hold for me and I'm not going to be tempted into selling any time soon. Happy to wait for the 100%+ gain.

Low risk play IMO.

soulman
05-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Seems to be some accumulation here in AJM for the last week or so. Didn't even know they have a drilling services division.

Not sure whether their 30% Mt Webber iron ore project is significant for AGO to take the other 30% they do not own for a nice sum. Kagara today announce a sale of their nickel deposit to WSA for a lazy $68 mil. That's not bad considering the depressed nickel prices.

macduffy
18-03-2012, 09:04 AM
New Indonesian mine ownersip rules appear to affect AJM's Tabalong coal project adversely. (100% owned at present.)

http://www.smh.com.au/business/indonesia-forces-miners-into-new-deals-20120316-1vaj8.html

soulman
26-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Nice big volume, big price hike in AJM today. Should really continue tomorrow.

JBmurc
08-09-2017, 09:36 AM
Altura Mining- Lithium in the Rough?

Posted on September 7, 2017September 7, 2017 by thelithiumspot
Price (as of close, 9/6/17): A$.165

We believe that Altura, Ticker: AJM (ASX) or ALTAF(OTC), is one of the more undervalued Lithium stocks. In the following post, we strive to present our analysis on the the company and our outlook for the stock.
Investment Thesis

Altura Mining is an under-followed miner that is targeting production in 2018. We believe this name has flown somewhat under the radar and provides significant upside potential over the next few years as they ramp up production to full capacity. With the lithium supply market expected to remain tight, and demand potentially overshooting industry forecasts, there is significant room for upside in the stocks of miners that can properly develop and execute on their projects. We believe Altura Mining is such a candidate, with 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 fair values of A$.24, A$.37, A$.42, and A$.49, respectively, compared to a current stock price of A$.165. Our valuation is based on discounts to the 2020 acquisition valuation, the year in which we model Altura reaching full production.
Company Overview

Altura Mining, based in Western Australia, is operating a hard-rock lithium project in Pilgangoora, Western Australia. The company is expecting to be the first new hard-rock producer coming online in 2018. Although many investors have probably heard about Pilbara Minerals, they do not know much about Altura, who is developing their project in the same neighborhood. This is why Altura caught our eye- they share a resource, are targeting to come online around the same time, but are currently trading at a lower multiple.
Management

[​IMG]
Source: Company Presentation
As the above chart from Altura’s recent presentation shows, their management team consists of experienced mining industry veterans with a high-level of knowledge about the mining and production process. That may seem obvious for a mining company, but a lack of relevant experience has never stopped companies from hiring executives in the past. Thus, we are encouraged by Altura’s operators and the passion they share for lithium.
However, the one issue with having so many operations oriented individuals is that the company isn’t as good at broadcasting their strengths to the market. We believe this is one of the reasons why the company isn’t as widely followed as some of their peers like Pilbara, Nemaska, or Lithium Americas. It should be noted though that while this is an issue for existing shareholders, it presents an opportunity for investors looking to get into the stock.
In our lengthy conversation with management we brought up this perceived lack of marketing and self-promotion many times. We certainly weren’t the first to notice or even bring up the issue to management, but it seems like they must have been thinking the same thing because over the last few weeks, they’ve been much more active on social media, using the platform to more effectively communicate their progress to investors and market watchers. We read this as a positive not only because it will bring more attention to their operations, but also because it shows that management is willing to take constructive advice from stakeholders.
Finally, we want to mention that we left our conversation with management reassured by their ability to execute and develop the Pilgangoora project. From our conversation, they seem like honest, straight-shooters. They provided very straightforward answers that made us confident they are focused 100% on developing the Pilgangoora project, and ramping up production as quickly and efficiently as possible without cutting corners.
Pilgangoora Lithium Project

The Pilgangoora project has many favorable characteristics- it has close proximity to ports, a good quality resource, and low operating costs. We know that they have an ore reserve estimate of 30Mt at 1.04% Li2O, and an initial mine life of 13 years (based on the original 20Mt reserves estimate from the 2016 DFS) while producing an average of 220 ktpa of 6% Li2O spodumene concentrate at an estimated operating cost of A$316/t. Additionally, the DFS revealed a low strip ratio of less than 3:1, which helps keep operating costs lower.
Altura’s location is ideal. They are in the heart of mining country for Australia and are very close to all the right roads and ports to help them ship out their Lithium efficiently. This is important to note with any Lithium provider since having easy access to necessary infrastructure will help lower the operating costs leading to the company having higher margins.
Financial Positioning/Funding

The initial capex for the Pilgangoora project is expected to be approximately A$140m, including sustaining capital requirements. The company raised this amount through a Senior Secured debt facility which was finalized at the end of July. The terms of the deal are summarized as follows:
They’ll take 6.5% directly off the table
Interest rate will start at 14% rising to 15% after 18 months
The deals allows for a mechanism to pay down or replace entirely after 12 months
The company can repay $25m at a time
Management told us that if all goes well, they hope to start the paydown of debt in the second half of 2018, expecting completion by 2019.
Finally, the company had about A$37m in cash at the end of March, which will help cushion the company in the event of delays or cost overruns. Any remaining cash will also help with working capital requirements.

Valuation---2020= 77cps

JBmurc
02-10-2017, 02:38 PM
Really enjoying the ride from my mid-July 15.5c purchase >>25.5c getting tapped currently ....chart wise strong trend continues ...getting tempted to take some off the table to pay GST bill ...but thinking better plan is to exit another share ....IMHO AJM will continue to trend much higher

cammo
05-10-2017, 09:31 AM
Jumped in at 14c. Couple more announcements and will be in the 30s

t.rexjr
05-10-2017, 10:38 AM
Jumped in at 14c. Couple more announcements and will be in the 30s

I'd speculate you may be well past there when this latest announcment is released if it's anything to do with lifting output. My sell last week is looking like a pretty terrible decision right about now...

JBmurc
05-10-2017, 12:53 PM
Sounds like is around more Capital rasing?

t.rexjr
07-11-2017, 01:54 PM
Full steam ahead, fair racing today. Must be all boozed up on cup day!

JBmurc
07-11-2017, 04:25 PM
Yeah so gutted I had to pull a ton of cash out of the market !! AJM was sold only 28c (paid 15.5c) dam IRD GST payment

t.rexjr
07-11-2017, 09:49 PM
Yeah so gutted I had to pull a ton of cash out of the market !! AJM was sold only 28c (paid 15.5c) dam IRD GST payment

Pesky bills aye. I too had to sell out but bought back in around 27c. Sometimes it’s cheaper just to pay the fine!
You did manage a fair profit though. We should see a steady climb through to March now assuming no unexpected raises or the like pop up.

MTC is my other Lithium. Seen a good shunt last week. A lot riding on their next drill results!

JBmurc
09-11-2017, 09:14 AM
Pesky bills aye. I too had to sell out but bought back in around 27c. Sometimes it’s cheaper just to pay the fine!
You did manage a fair profit though. We should see a steady climb through to March now assuming no unexpected raises or the like pop up.

MTC is my other Lithium. Seen a good shunt last week. A lot riding on their next drill results!

Yes should have loaned more funds from the bank ....but already got 200k on tick .... still TAW heading in the right direction got some catching up to do