PDA

View Full Version : Dodgiest company on the ASX

soulman
04-11-2011, 04:43 PM
I start this thread to hopefully gadge which CEO and execs are only in it for the money and are a master of market manipulation.

I will start by providing a few.

DMA - Turns out that the current execs used coy funds to trade other specs shares on the stockmarket. Their share price performance has been a shocker.

CAZ - This young hotshot Mcmahon is no stranger to controversy during the GFC. I am sure he has an account with Opes Prime when they collapsed and he say a lot about CAZ prospects to a hot and then cold reception.

NAV - Could this be the worst gold stock in history, along with AXM. I supposed a share price of ZERO is the ultimate worst. Lie and lie about coy's operations.

mark100
04-11-2011, 05:36 PM
CKF - Floated on the ASX 3 months ago and touted its 'defensive earnings'. Now this week a 25% downgrade to forecasts (after just 3 months!) What happened to putting a little fat into prospectus forecasts?

Maybe not the company that is dodgy but the Private Equity firm that pumped up the prospectus forecasts and sold it off. Thankfully I don't hold but it was on my watchlist as a value play. In cases like this there should be a class action against the Private Equity mob for printing a misleading prospectus

soulman
04-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Could we add DTQ to the list Mark.

DTQ has a great start to it's listing. But judging by the share price action lately, they are susceptible to a profit downgrade. The coal sector in QLD is booming and DTQ shares are doing the opposite.

Corporate
04-11-2011, 09:23 PM
NXS - the company has borrowed to fund exec lifestyles

Corporate
04-11-2011, 09:28 PM
DF will probably nominate URA. I never followed thank goodness.

drillfix
04-11-2011, 10:15 PM
DF will probably nominate URA. I never followed thank goodness.

Damn Right Corp, and I am sure Zed will back me and many others if they choose to turn up again.

URA the biggest CON previously run by Kate Hobbs career criminal woman using the coporate law to protect her and make a living by fleecing shareholders with lies and deception.

Jail Her, and then Judge her, IMHO~!

steve fleming
04-11-2011, 11:22 PM
Good thread...I'd like to nominate any company associated with Vaz Hovanessian.

So far Vaz has beeen involved with at least 4 ASX administrations / receiverships:
SRA x 2
ETC
MXS

He currently controls BRO - which has accumulated losses of 23m and a share price of 0.1c and is down 99% over the last 5 years.

More about him here http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/breaking-news/deja-vu-for-strathfield-chair/story-e6frg90f-1111118727051

drillfix
05-11-2011, 05:45 AM
That is absolutely shocking Steve.

It goes to show that many CEO's and board members take this occupation as nothing more to a legal hand into the cookie jar of other investors resources because they can, and will, and then be protected legally.

I am a strong believe of the midevil treatment brought into a modern day approach to show all those bast@rds that should you get caught out then their WILL BE consequences. Public Lashings, and Corporate beheading displays would be a first step to bringing things more respect for position rather than abuse or lack of care of either failure or success without truth or good will and intention.

Each to their own though.

Corporate
05-11-2011, 07:40 AM
I also nominate nbs. I lost a few thousand on that sham. it could have been alot more

JBmurc
05-11-2011, 08:27 AM
GRM-has been my worse of recent times talked up a Mexican silver permit that had already been drilled many years ago(which they never let on about) using high grade trench samples to raise more cash at 6c to then draw out the drill results forever on so called tech problems to then moving onto(without letting on about all the previous results) the next completely new project with rubbish trench samples then within a short time later needed to raise more at 1.6c as the cash burn in admin was higher than exploration...

--NAV was also extremely dodgie with so many lies ...

Aotea
05-11-2011, 08:57 AM
My vote goes to URA....speaking of that, where is Scorp these days??

Huang Chung
05-11-2011, 01:53 PM
A1 minerals (AAM) has had an "interesting" history over the last year or two.

Check out this gem of an announcement:

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=AAM&E=ASX&N=531813

boysy
05-11-2011, 03:54 PM
How can you guys go past KIK ( Kairiki Energy ) sp down over 90% from 3.2 cents to .3 cents from a year ago shares on issue ballooned from 500 million to 2.6 billion . Management has alot to answer for sp down around 97-98 % from 18 months ago.

drillfix
05-11-2011, 04:24 PM
My vote goes to URA....speaking of that, where is Scorp these days??

Probably sitting in a mental institution with worry and having fantasies about how Acher 747 (Kate Hobbs Good Mate who also used to post here and on HC and whom acts like she was also burnt) though Scorp will assure us all that this new Uran Management whom say they are looking at off-take agreement with an Unproven Resource or JORC that everything will go smoothly, just as Uran did with its Uranium Assets (what a complete Joke that was).

Now there is a new herd led by the New URA Cheerleader called 5hareholder whom seems to believe and assure everybody that the knows different, therefore, this time will be different, because new blood, money and stories that still dont add up will be the company maker, so they ramp the stock with inflated fairy tales.

Uran, no matter what company name, management or story it has, is a Dead Zone company that only has one purpose.

To fleece shareholders money, and sell promises and stories that this time may partially come true yet the transparency level is maybe now just above Zero, to 0.0000001%.

Back to Scorp? I wish the dude well and certainly hope for his own sake he has diversified otherwise, Mummies money will be completely blown out the window and then he wont be able to live in the Private Mental home for the Insane believers in Kate Hobbs let downs and passing the batton of BS to the next Regime change.

This is a good thread this, as it allows users to remember how we all got burn and how bad, plus to know the story of others so for other posters, please tell us what the catch or spin and CEO of the co plus the failure to deliver was for others to read into.

Now Aotea, sorry to hear that you are another burns victim, but remember there are others out there whom are far far more worst off that dont even post on forums like here, or HC as they have not only Lost their House, they have lost their marriage, their children and now live in crumbling rented accommodation and so on.

All damage and destruction courtesy of the spin of Kate Hobbs whom walks off into the sunset with no accountability or remorse what so ever to those she has completely deceived due to her lack of ability to communicate effectively or interpret the Actual Truth of Reality of dealings and actions (and lack of actions also).

shasta
05-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Damn Right Corp, and I am sure Zed will back me and many others if they choose to turn up again.

URA the biggest CON previously run by Kate Hobbs career criminal woman using the coporate law to protect her and make a living by fleecing shareholders with lies and deception.

Jail Her, and then Judge her, IMHO~!

Damn straight about URA, how the ASX/ASIC could allow a listed company to trade like a private one blows me away.

A listed company funding the travel costs, & exec's salaries for a private company with a "right to acquire" agreement which despite being paid for twice was never transferred to the company!

Add in ADY & FNT into the cowboy ranks, Mgmt as genuine as a 2nd hand car salesman with a gold tooth!

Crypto Crude
05-11-2011, 06:33 PM
AKK definately...

Market releases were totally different to what was actually happening...

In the end I realised this...

You can not continues to tout hundreds of millions of dollars worth on a project (for a micro cap main project focus), and then not deliver ...

IE say you are going to produce from 100 wells, when you know you will struggle to drill 10...

:cool:
.^sc

Crypto Crude
05-11-2011, 06:33 PM
RRS...
enough said..

.^sc

tricha
05-11-2011, 07:51 PM
This one would have to be one of the worst and they are still pumping their story.!
Yes we need to maitain our vigilance and have a list of the companies, their management and what other companies these managers ( fraudisters) have their hooks in.

Great thread Soulman!

CTO cash costs are more like $10,000 an ounce. Shame on you.

CTO

Citigold Corporation Limited

The highlights for the Quarter include:
 Financial results for the year announced
 2,259 ounces gold produced
 Cash operating costs $690 per ounce

Huang Chung
05-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Good to see you back Shas :)
We missed you....

drillfix
05-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Good to see you back Shas :)
We missed you....

Here Here, yes indeed and well said HC, Welcome back Shata~!

Damn straight about URA, how the ASX/ASIC could allow a listed company to trade like a private one blows me away.

A listed company funding the travel costs, & exec's salaries for a private company with a "right to acquire" agreement which despite being paid for twice was never transferred to the company!

As usual Shasta, well worded 100% accurate dialogue with further insights into the ways of the Hobbs monster.

No doubt we can expect Zed to advance the count with further evidence and testimony and endorsement of URA being the one of the most worst ASX listed companies.

It also seems that there is a whole barrage of CEO's that have nothing better to do except to take money from shareholders by running companies like their own pocket money machines. An offense that should be given jail time yet the Corporate Laws for some reason seem to protect them, both the good and bad.

Wish somebody could invent a new Program called CEO washer where by you set it and it cleans the ASX of all rogue CEO's :P

Lizard
06-11-2011, 08:57 AM
BQT was an old classic that became FCS. The pump got so bad at one point, they had to go back and get the ASX to remove a couple of announcements that they'd made a month or so earlier regarding a major deal - the only time I've seen that happen. I haven't checked back on FCS for a while - looks like they are still there, turning over not much at all.

QTK was another one that announced a massive deal in China that never appeared. After a long period of decline, they eventually appeared to establish a business in South Africa, but then went into halt while discussing terms with convertible note holders, followed by suspension that was never raised as the ASX de-listed them for failing to pay fees. They seem to still be out there as Tracktech.com.au, so if they ever turn up looking for a re-listing...

RRS was a good one with their well-named Puntland exploration. Not sure whether they're going straighter these days or not - still listed and may have got rid of the worst elements. One of two shares where posters (on aussie forums) I knew told me they had been tracked down and telephoned with death threats by seeming gang members for their negative postings.

There have been visible changes that have cleaned things up a bit since most of these - less obvious involvement of forums, small brokers and gangs. However, I think as a result, the real dodgy stuff is now large, more professional and managing to stay on the right side of the law while still removing vast amounts of money from shareholders.

NBS is one of the worst ones I've seen to date due to the sheer amount of capital they have been able to take from shareholders and through managing to convince even large funds of their promising future that appears to so far have been based on shuffling large sums back and forwards through the accounts in a "now you own it, now you don't" illusion. I believe some of the worst elements may have moved on, but directors continue to pay themselves incredible sums and it will be interesting to watch the accounting around the current Malaysian contract. It would be good to see shareholders use the new tools they have been provided with to create a board upset by voting against remuneration two years running and creating a board spill.

The other area we are seeing a lot of dodgy stuff going on in is the funding area for promising micro-caps, where vulture funders are coming in and effectively resulting in massive quantities of shares issued at prices 60% lower, for very small amounts of funding. Either it is still too expensive for listed companies to raise new capital or small brokers have latched onto some lucrative new way to provide services - rather than old-fashioned placements to sophisticated investors at a reasonable discount (15-20%), they seem to be tying down complicated convertible note deals or major issues to one or two investors at a huge discount (40%+), with perhaps a token spp to existing investors at the same price as a sweetener. Maybe funding markets have just evaporated and this is truly necessary, but unfortunately, I would see it becoming a spiral as shareholders evacuate any share that looks like it might need future funding, depressing the price and leaving more meat on the bones for the vultures.

Lizard
06-11-2011, 10:05 AM
I think we should also give MTN a small mention for being the one company that has bothered to chase down an ST member with lawyers and force their complete identity to be deleted after they posted sceptically on the company's uranium-mining plans. Despite that, recent announcements show that the government is proposing a complete ban on mining in the area of the Mt Gee license, so the scepticism proved correct over time.

Really interesting to look back at some of those huge "pump" shares that made some fortunes and lost more... it appears MTN flew to giddy heights of nearly $7 back 5 years ago at the height of U-fever, only to end up back at 8cps...

Crypto Crude
06-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Yes Liz, RRS hotcopper got real nasty 1-100... and for me.... I took a lot of heat on that one, and dont think I will bother with that sort of thing again...
hundreds of millions pumped under the market cap for a long shot on the hope of an explor well not finalised...
photos of drill rig on site that wasnt there...
In the end I was invitied and grouped with a bunch of posters who lost everything they had, for support... some of them emotionally destroyed...

too many people in general are greedy, and want it all...

MEO was not as bad, but near the big wells its market valuation was all out of sink...IE already had some strike success priced into the stock...

As an outsider it can be easier to spot these flaws...
shareholders, can easily get bogged down in companies and miss a lot of the risks...
I know it is important in shares and in life to foucs on the positive things...
But in the end, with shares, negative things tend to hold a stronger weighting... esp in bad markets...

.^sc

STRAT
06-11-2011, 11:08 AM
This thread seems to be inadveratantly showing some of the advantages of TA over FA. :D

Lizard
06-11-2011, 12:48 PM
This thread seems to be inadveratantly showing some of the advantages of TA over FA. :D

If you mean TA allows you to invest without having to know anything about what you're investing in and that therefore you can make money more easily from corrupt companies that are being pumped, well good luck to you... :eek2:

mark100
06-11-2011, 12:50 PM

True, although most of the companies mentioned had no earnings so not much FA could be indertaken. Although in the case of CKF, where the prospectus forecast is downgraded 25% 2 months after listing it defintely sends the FAs to the slaughter. Good to use a combination of both I reckon

ELYOB
06-11-2011, 01:16 PM
MAE ...... this was sick trick from the first meeting in Perth to set it up . I laughed during that meeting , never ever seen some meet run like that . I tried to warn people for years on HC , but there were forces that kept moderating me and suspending me , even for carefully structed posts .

Corporate
06-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Yes Liz, RRS hotcopper got real nasty 1-100... and for me.... I took a lot of heat on that one, and dont think I will bother with that sort of thing again...
hundreds of millions pumped under the market cap for a long shot on the hope of an explor well not finalised...
photos of drill rig on site that wasnt there...
In the end I was invitied and grouped with a bunch of posters who lost everything they had, for support... some of them emotionally destroyed...

too many people in general are greedy, and want it all...

MEO was not as bad, but near the big wells its market valuation was all out of sink...IE already had some strike success priced into the stock...

As an outsider it can be easier to spot these flaws...
shareholders, can easily get bogged down in companies and miss a lot of the risks...
I know it is important in shares and in life to foucs on the positive things...
But in the end, with shares, negative things tend to hold a stronger weighting... esp in bad markets...

.^sc

SC, I'm disappointed to see you included MEO in this thread. MEO has some of the best management and qualified people going around. The market mispricing is not in their control.

NGE is far higher in the list of dodgy companies.

Crypto Crude
06-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Corporate...
I said nothing about the board...

The one key theme on this thread is that yes there are dodgey companies... And Yes MEO is run cleanly..BUT, there are those in the market place outside of the companies control who twist things... these players that run a stock to confuse fair market pricing...
These posters that hype and team up to confuse fair market pricing...
Share trading is already complicated enough without all these other stakeholders putting their ore in...

Thats all im saying...

I agree with what you say in the last sentence...
but regardless of that... NGE still hold permits in the middle of an international expansion...

.^sc

drillfix
06-11-2011, 02:40 PM
MAE ...... this was sick trick from the first meeting in Perth to set it up . I laughed during that meeting , never ever seen some meet run like that . I tried to warn people for years on HC , but there were forces that kept moderating me and suspending me , even for carefully structed posts .

ELYOB,
I dont know much about MAE and its doings however, I understand about the pathetic moderation on HC whereby that system seems to promote certain scoundrels rather than posters whom wish to share or offer the info so users can Yield the warnings.

Hence why I post here so very much because also of being permanently suspended for speaking truth about Uran so there is nothing different even today on HC and is it is the same old story with a bunch of underhanded Captains being cheered by their Lieutenants and foot soldiers which are also supported by moderators, which is a shame. The only time that the system works is when one of the In Gang do not have any stake in the Stock Code in question.

Lizard,

Your previous posts where excellent and will serve many to make a list of watch out investment Stock Codes to be aware of.

It also amazes me to find out that a company can actually try to have a previous issued Ann removed. I never thought it was possible? And if so, what a disappointment that is as many shareholders would have thrown money at that Announcement only to find out, it no longer applies or is valid and as they sit in shock having seeing how much out of the money they now are. What a crime for the ASX to be able to do this.

Anyway, this thread is turning into a superb resource for both current and many new readers that come to Sharetrader.

Thanks again~!

trackers
06-11-2011, 03:03 PM

PLS.nzx? :D I kid, I kid

STRAT
06-11-2011, 05:32 PM
PLS.nzx? :D I kid, I kidHaha Trackers.
Exchange the "n" for an "a" and itd fit like a glove. Im tempted to do some digging to see if any of the PLS ratbags are involved in any ASX companies cause if they are, the tickers should be on this thread regardless of company performance.
Wheres Bill these days?

trackers
06-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Haha Trackers.
Exchange the "n" for an "a" and itd fit like a glove. Im tempted to do some digging to see if any of the PLS ratbags are involved in any ASX companies cause if they are, the tickers should be on this thread regardless of company performance.
Wheres Bill these days?

Haven't heard BB's name for a while - I hear the old MD of PLS got shot & killed in America?

tricha
06-11-2011, 08:46 PM
This guy was a classic, I wonder what happened to "Mike the Snake Kierman"

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=SWA&E=ASX&N=397454

Team Profile
Monarch’s new Managing Director
Matthew Gill now has his feet under
the desk and his boots dirty.
With more than 25 years experience
in mining operations and an
international profile, Matthew will lead
the company through the next phase
of our ambitious strategy to produce
500,000oz p.a by December 2009.
“I think it’s an exciting task. It’s refreshing and exciting to have that
sort of target in front of you,” the mining engineer said. “Having
Matthew on board will be another major step forward for the
company,” says our Chairman.

JBmurc
06-11-2011, 09:27 PM
This guy was a classic, I wonder what happened to "Mike the Snake Kierman"

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=SWA&E=ASX&N=397454

Team Profile
Monarch’s new Managing Director
Matthew Gill now has his feet under
the desk and his boots dirty.
With more than 25 years experience
in mining operations and an
international profile, Matthew will lead
the company through the next phase
of our ambitious strategy to produce
500,000oz p.a by December 2009.
“I think it’s an exciting task. It’s refreshing and exciting to have that
sort of target in front of you,” the mining engineer said. “Having
Matthew on board will be another major step forward for the
company,” says our Chairman.

Yes old MON didn't they just shaft SH's nicely with such big talk about how easy it was going be to mine gold , many a glossy mailout

rev
06-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Ha, wouldn't waste my time wondering!

Among other whoppers to come form the Kiernan family of bullsh!tters was this classic... "URA will be a producer by 2007"

drillfix
07-11-2011, 03:18 AM
Exactly Rev,

Also, good post Tricha and JB.

MON with "Mike the Snake Kierman" and all his antics that never come into fruition and his MK junior son whom also gets rich from all of Daddies Lies and deceptive nature to mislead shareholders for family greed. It must be in the blood of some these rogue front men.

Also hence the association with URA and Kate Hobbs with what rev mentioned already. Production? Yeah right, Jail-able offense is all I can see now the time has proven the cr@p.

MON now turned into Swan Gold which code is: SWG however this seems mostly owned by Stirling Resources (code: SRE) whom also MK was a Managing Director of but then left due to a revamp (more like bad karma and bad press due to MK) by one paper (the australian) saying:

========
PERTH mining identity Michael Kiernan has left Stirling Resources in a board reshuffle that comes amid a major corporate makeover.

Kiernan’s son and non-executive director James has also stepped down amid media reports that the pair was removed by controlling shareholder and Austrian commodities trader DCM DECOmetal.

But a Kiernan statement said it was mutually agreed that Stirling needs “new blood”, and he backed DCM to advance Stirling’s shareholdings in three other companies.

DCM was also an investor in Consolidated Minerals, which Mr Kiernan built from the ashes of collapsed Valiant Consolidated.

The cleanout saw Stirling appoint Marty Adams acting CEO and David Nabarro chairman, despite Stirling less than two weeks ago announcing that Nabarro and Jeremy Shervington would step down as directors.
==========

Source:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/archive/business-old/michael-kiernan-leaves-stirling-resources-in-board-revamp/story-fn4xq4zx-1225885739577

Other info:
http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/companies/news/2286/stirling-resources-michael-kiernan-on-building-a-resources-house-and-outlook-for-commodities-2286.html

Anyway, snakes paradise yet again.

edit:
I also notice something about these mobs taking part in PEX which apparently seemed Ok from other posts but I dont participate an anything MK snakes or family do.

STRAT
07-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Haven't heard BB's name for a while - I hear the old MD of PLS got shot & killed in America?Yeah? Got a name?

soulman
12-11-2011, 01:48 AM
Thanks for putting URA down boys. I touched it twice and lost a total of $4.5K on both trades. Interesting that the coy is still operating.