20-01-2004, 07:54 PM
Listed yesterday

Issued at 20 cents - opened at 30 cents

Closed day 1 at 60 cents

Up another 30% today to 78 cents

Would have been nice - anybody here get in

thekiwi
08-07-2004, 09:49 AM
Not enough history to really make a TA analysis, but most noteable is the volume associated with the current new uptrend (be it short)
It will probably go sideways now for a few trading days, then up again.

http://home.infobahn.co.nz/images/asx/sbl/20040707_daily.png

Sauce
09-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Nudie gets a global stage

By STEPHEN DOWNIE

July 6, 2004

THE juice war took another turn yesterday, with the Richard Branson-backed Pulp Juice swallowing up Sydney's Nudie.

Pulp, part of market-listed Signature Brands, will now thrust Nudie onto the global stage.

Juice companies, in the wake of escalating obesity levels, are raking in the cash thanks to a consumer swing towards healthier diets.

Signature chairman Ian Duffell yesterday said there was an opportunity to expand Nudie into other retail products, such as food.

"We see Nudie as having a broad product range. There is a big gap in healthy fast food," Mr Duffell said.

While he wouldn't be specific, Mr Duffell said that "whatever it is, it's going to be extremely healthy".

Nudie, founded two years ago by Tim Pethick, recently suffered a setback when its Pagewood factory burnt down.

It is now back at 70 per cent production.

Mr Pethick said Pulp and Nudie would be "a powerful combination globally".

Mr Duffell said: "Our belief is that the Nudie brand has done really well in a short space of time. We want to help them expand into the retail format."

He said Virgin's Mr Branson, who owns 20 per cent of Pulp, "loves (Nudie)".

"(Nudie) has a bit of cheek to it. It's cheeky but fun," Mr Duffell said.

Under the plan, Nudie will be the model the group first turn to for overseas expansion. However, the Pulp brand will live on, Mr Duffell said.

Recently, Pulp said it would open 75 Pulp Juice Bars in the Gulf region, in countries such as United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Cyprus and Turkey.

Pulp was founded by Mr Duffell's daughter Chloe. It's biggest threat comes from Boost Juice, founded by Janine Allis, which bought out Viva Juice.

Both Pulp and Boost recently expanded into New Zealand.

Mr Duffell rejects talk of a bitter juice war of attrition.

"Maybe we've invaded new territory," he joked. "We don't se it as one-upmanship. I just think we all see it as an opportunity to establish a brand that is successful as McDonald's was in the '80s and '90s."

While so far Pulp and Nudie have only signed a heads of agreement, Mr Duffell said Signature planned to spin both juice companies off into a separately-listed entity within 12 months.

The parties are still to conduct due diligence and the transactions are subject to various shareholder and other approvals, Mr Duffell said.

It is anticipated that Signature shareholders will receive pro-rata entitlements in any company to be listed.

Investors drank to the Pulp/Nudie plan, with Signature shares closing 1.5c higher at 41.5c.

winner69
10-12-2004, 06:38 AM
Must have been the IPO of the year - for the staggers!!!!

Down to 12/13 cents

Now raising more money to keeep afloat

winner69
18-03-2006, 07:54 AM
.... and now broke

over 2 years .... 20 cent float .....goes to 78 cents .... and all the way to oblivion

steve fleming
18-03-2006, 09:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by winner69

.... and now broke

over 2 years .... 20 cent float .....goes to 78 cents .... and all the way to oblivion

yes....jumped on the juice bar bandwagon just as they began to loose their novelty.... of course the directors who sold the pulp juice bars into SBL at the IPO when the juice bar frenzy was out of control did very very well....

also spare a thought for micro-cap investment company Trent Capital TCP shareholders as well, after TCP's following well researched investments....

20% of G Retail (Gowings) - in admininstration - now worthless
about 10% of SBL - in admininstration - now worthless
big stake in Strathfield radios - just saved at last minute from administration - down 90%

and these guys ( TCP) get paid to make these investment decisions!!

steve fleming
18-03-2006, 09:48 AM
also TCP, for some bizarre reason, have just been appointed by Fat Phropets fund management to run the listed FATS fund!, so any FATS shareholders watch out, you have been warned!!

tracker
09-03-2007, 10:10 AM
anyone holding?

I am

Tracker

tight stops as always

shane_m
09-03-2007, 12:12 PM
mate I am holding....I hear from my banker friends ann is coming for SBL...

tracker
09-03-2007, 02:07 PM
12 emails, gee thanks guys,
Yes I am still around

hope all well
tracker

shane_m
09-03-2007, 02:42 PM
mate 19% up already for today....

winner69
09-03-2007, 03:07 PM
So its becoming a resource company

Hasn't even started looking ... and hey its found uranium already

Plenty of action though

shane_m
12-03-2007, 12:57 PM
mate whats going on? another 8% up. the uranium ann about to come?

tracker
12-03-2007, 01:27 PM
have no idea, what they do, I trade purely based on charts, and it looked good

have a good one

tight stops as always.Thanks again for the emails

tracker

Anna Naum
12-05-2009, 08:06 PM
On the move again, up 200% today after announcing deal in Ghana

Anna Naum
13-05-2009, 12:37 PM
And down a lot of that today!

Anna Naum
11-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Looks like the Ghana prospect is getting further coverage, and a cash issue to fund....

snackpack
12-09-2009, 07:13 AM
Does the cash raising at 1c infer that the share price will trend down to that level or slightly higher during the cash raising period?

Anna Naum
15-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Ex today and trading around 2c, a look at the volume over the last couple of days suggests there is renewed interest in this one. Or maybe the recent presentation has attracted some interest.

Anna Naum
14-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Just had another look at this holding and they have been on the up. Yesterdays announcement of early gold results suggests there is legs to this story.

skeet
18-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Took up a small stake in this company a while back, seems like interest building atm pending a announcement.

Interesting reading here:
http://fortbridge.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/stock-resource-signature-metals-11nov09.pdf

snackpack
20-05-2010, 06:32 AM
SBL is still in a trading halt but are starting to employ 350 people (80% locals) to work the gold mine. 70% of equipment is in place with a potential September start to mining. They are only waiting for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to complete its impact assessment studies and it is estimated to produce 100,000 ounces of gold annually according to Ghana News.

snackpack
20-05-2010, 03:59 PM
trading halt lifted with new presentation posted (price down). Hopefully pouring gold in 6-12 months with aggressive exploration plans.

snackpack
17-06-2010, 06:37 AM
Signature metals are progressing development activities in Ghana and should be producing in Sept.

The following is encouraging assuming environment sign-off is achieved:

Signature Metals, an Australian Mining Company, operators of the Owere Gold Mines at Konongo-
Odumase, will start full-scale mining operations by September, this year.
Mr Roger Banister, the Project Manager, said more 70 per cent of equipment installation was completed.
He said they were only waiting for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to complete its impact
assessment studies to commence business.
The mine covers an area of 12 square kilometres and it is estimated to produce 100,000 ounces of gold
annually.
Mr Banister told a press briefing at Konongo that they had received over 4,000 employment applications
so far, but would hire 350 people. About 80 per cent of them would come from the 12 communities where the mining operation would be concentrated.
He expressed satisfaction with the level of co-operation the company was receiving from the traditional
leaders in the area.

snackpack
13-07-2010, 04:01 PM
New announcement regarding refurbishing the processing plant:

Signature Metals Limited is very pleased to announce the commencement of the recommissioning of its 350,000 tonne per annum CIL plant located onsite at the Konongo gold project.
The Company has engaged the services of AMITAAB Limited to carry out the structural, mechanical and electrical refurbishment of the plant. AMITAAB is a Ghanaian construction and engineering company which has previously carried out plant construction and refurbishment work for several companies including Anglogold Ashanti and Gold Fields as well as general engineering contracts within Ghana. Equipment and personnel were mobilised to site during the last fortnight and inductions completed this week.
The commencement of the work on the processing facility marks an important milestone in the company’s aim to be a producer within 9 months. The structural, mechanical and electrical refurbishment is projected to be completed by the end of 2010 and if work proceeds ahead of schedule the plant may well be commissioning towards the end of the year.

snackpack
28-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Updated drilling results infer more gold is being located. More drilling results to be analysed and new resource upgrade pending those extra results. A few paragraphs from the 27 Jul announcement below:

The results from this recent drilling programme confirm the thickness and tenor of mineralisation present in this area as well as successfully extending high grade zones within the deposit along strike and at depth. In total 38 holes were drilled for 4,008 metres. Results are still pending from 18 drill holes (corresponding to 2,040 metres of drilling).
Once all results are received the Company will move to update the resource estimate for the Boabedroo Deposit (which currently stands at 2.38 million tonnes at 2.58 g/t gold for over 197,000 contained ounces of gold in the Indicated and Inferred category; details in Table 2), following which the pit design for this deposit will be re- optimised. The Boabedroo South Deposit is likely to be one of the first deposits mined when mining and processing re-commences at Konongo.

Anna Naum
06-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Looks like the presentation on Friday and the announcement today have pleased the market, stock is up 15% currently today.

Anna Naum
08-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Another day and another +ve sounding announcement from SBL. Big volume in the name over the last couple of days as well.

Anna Naum
08-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Looks like the market likes the announcement 2.6c

snackpack
08-09-2010, 03:56 PM
I have been following this company for some time and like the progress to date. As the processing plant comes on stream and they gain environmental approval, this company should soar.

Anna Naum
08-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Closed at 2.7c up 22.7%. Announcement today of Manganese discovery taken very well by the market. And on volume of 82.9m shares!!

Anna Naum
11-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Just watched the presentation from Bill Oliver, CEO on BRR. Sounds like they are continuing to make smart moves....and all this before the interesting Maganese discovery.

brr.com.au/event/68659

Anna Naum
13-09-2010, 01:27 PM
EXPLORATION UPDATE
Signature Metals Limited is very pleased to update the market on the
progress of its exploration programmes at the Konongo Gold Project,
located in the world class Ashanti Gold Belt of Ghana.
HIGHLIGHTS
* Several new discoveries made within the project area.
* Numerous drill targets identified, to be tested later in 2010.
* Trenching results include:
* 2 metres at 39.8g/t gold, 2 metres at 4.80g/t gold and
54 metres at 0.22g/t gold at Bimma South.
* 8 metres at 3.84g/t gold and 22 metres at 1.52g/t gold
at Kyereben.
* 2 metres at 11.7g/t gold, 2 metres at 4.24g/t gold,
14 metres at 0.3g/t gold and 30 metres at 0.24g/t gold
at Boabedroo West.
* 6 metres at 0.41g/t and 4 metres at 0.89g/t gold at
Konongo East.
* Rockchip samples return maximum assays of:
* 19.7g/t gold at Kyereben.
* 14g/t gold at Triple Lane.
* 3.47g/t gold at Kwareju.
* Intensive greenfields exploration campaign continues
encompassing mapping, sampling and trenching of targets
outside current resource area.

Anna Naum
13-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Can not see much in this announcement.

Anna Naum
11-10-2010, 02:22 PM
3c up 15.4% today

soulman
11-10-2010, 03:53 PM
3c up 15.4% today

Sold them for 2.5 the other day. Will definitely participate in the right issue. Looks like investors should be doing better than traders when things go up. Where's the balance?

snackpack
07-11-2010, 07:51 AM
SBL are on track for first pour of gold in January. Yeehah!

snackpack
10-11-2010, 07:53 PM
SBL announced a 15% increase in gold reserves and other good resource estimate upgrade type news. The processing facility is 60% complete but I am unsure if they have resource or environmental consent yet. Interestingly the upgrade report also questions (laments) why the company is under-rated compared with similar companies. I see lots of upside, but I hold shares, so I have to!

snackpack
11-11-2010, 06:09 AM
SBL estimate they have 687,000 oz's of gold at the mine including re-processing the old tailings. They also state an EV/resource oz of $A30. I am unsure what that means? Does it infer they can mine, process and pour an oz of gold for $30?

Huang Chung
11-11-2010, 10:30 AM
SBL estimate they have 687,000 oz's of gold at the mine including re-processing the old tailings. They also state an EV/resource oz of $A30. I am unsure what that means? Does it infer they can mine, process and pour an oz of gold for $30?

No snack, it doesn't.

EV essentially is a company's mkt cap, less its cash on hand.

It means that if you divide the company's (market cap less cash), by its current gold resources (oz), you will come up with its current EV/resource oz. A reasonable way to compare gold explorers. PIR (another West African gold explorer) frequently include an EV/resource oz comparison with other West African gold plays in its presentations.

Check them out.

One more thing...this thread was originally about 'Signature Brands', an industrial coy. You are discussing 'Signature Metals', which uses the same ASX code, and may have morphed out of Signature Brands. You might want to think about starting a new thread for Signature Metals, or asking admin to change the name of the current thread, just to avoid any confusion.

drillfix
11-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Hi HC, as usual, your on the ball information gives good education on a stocks FA as always.

Oh, whomever started the thread can change the Title, they just need to double click the Title and edit the Title which is editable by the original poster ;)

snackpack
11-11-2010, 03:49 PM
HC cheers for the explanation. I need to study up on the terminology.

drillfix
11-11-2010, 03:56 PM
With regards to the title of the thread, it was started by winner69 on 20-01-2004

Winner69, you out there mate? if you double click the Title when on the ASX section you can change the title to reflect the stocks current name if you wish!

snackpack
11-11-2010, 03:58 PM
I've e-mailed admin too.

Huang Chung
11-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Drilly, where have you been bro?

Stick around this time....I missed your cutting commentary.

drillfix
11-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Ahh HC, I miss you guys like the world too.

I wish I had stuck around and by looking at all the action thats been going on in this place, half you guys must be Squillionaire's by now. :P

Tell ya what, if you promise to give me a course on some FA there HC then sure, I am not much of a bean counter, more of a candle merchant :)

skeet
11-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Ive been holding SBL... Signature Metals that is, for about at least a year now. only gold stock im holding, 2011 will be a huge year for them. One positive i like is the increased volumes since about september. Could well just be profit takers but happy with the increased interest.

soulman
11-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Ive been holding SBL... Signature Metals that is, for about at least a year now. only gold stock im holding, 2011 will be a huge year for them. One positive i like is the increased volumes since about september. Could well just be profit takers but happy with the increased interest.

Just sold the new issue for 2.9 yesterday. Will watch this one closely but the mrt cap already in the works with more shares issued and I have the impression that SBL only owns 70 or 80 percent of the gold projects. They never said it in their presentation.

Anyone to clarify?

snackpack
23-11-2010, 06:44 AM
They exercise their option to acquire 70% of the Konongo gold project from Mwana Africa PLC in 2009. Since then they have regularly upgraded the gold estimates and added the Manganese deposits. I am unsure if the environmental impact report has been approved yet.

snackpack
25-11-2010, 08:21 AM
I'm having a geese at Manganese. Other than knowing it is a metal, I am quite ignorant of it. SBL have found a manganese resource that has mining potential and the company have first rights to minerals other than gold in their Konongo prospect area. So, the first point is that SBL have found Mn, but they need to quantify it and get the rights to mine it.

SBL report rock chips with a mineral content up to 40% Mn, with a nominal average of 25-30% and a derived exploration target of 15 to 54 million tonnes. They note a nearby company extracting a million tones per annum, so that could be a realistic extraction goal for SBL.

I need to understand prices more as one source indicated USD3 per kg, whereas another had multiple charts showing differing grades from 60c/lb upwards; about 1.30 or so per kg. So a low estimate could be 15Mt at 1.30 of $19m to 54Mt at $3 of $162m. Wild and rough estimates obviously. About 12Mt of Mn was mined in 2009, which is down 20% on 2008 due to the financial collapse.

So, who is using the millions of tonnes of Mn? China as far as I can see as the bulk Mn is used in the steel making process (30% to do with sulpher content and de-oxidation and 70% as an alloy metal). Generally the Mn content of steel is <1%. Mn is also used in Aluminium and copper production.

I guess the fortunes of Mn (price and demand) rests primarily with industrial metal production, which is relatively low at the moment. Once it picks up then demand for Mn will rise.

snackpack
14-12-2010, 06:24 AM
SBL are doing some more exploratory drilling in an area outside of their known reserves. Hopefully, they will add to the potential gold they can extract. Haven't read anything that delays the first gold pour in January.

Anna Naum
30-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Up on strong volume today I see

tim23
09-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Up on big volume today but no announcement - must be due?

tim23
10-02-2011, 12:23 PM
And up on volume again yet still no announcement?

denpal
10-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Breakout here, will have to check out SBL with gold production imminent.

I see Matthew Wood holds 45,000,000 shares = 2.42% Is this the AVB guy?

tim23
15-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Trend continues still no news?

Anna Naum
15-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Breakout here, will have to check out SBL with gold production imminent.

I see Matthew Wood holds 45,000,000 shares = 2.42% Is this the AVB guy?

Yes it is the same person

Anna Naum
15-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Trend continues still no news?

They are presenting on the 24th at the ASX conference. HC suggesting that this will be when they announce the gold pour.

snackpack
18-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Bank of America and Merill Lynch have bought in to SBL. Price up 17% or so today.

soulman
18-02-2011, 06:31 PM
SBL was tipped by the Insider Trader last week. And the buying by fund managers also explain the healthy rise in SBL shares. I am out today and am interested in the future announcement by the coy.

NMG and SBL would be a good marriage.

Anna Naum
18-02-2011, 08:28 PM
SBL was tipped by the Insider Trader last week. And the buying by fund managers also explain the healthy rise in SBL shares. I am out today and am interested in the future announcement by the coy.

NMG and SBL would be a good marriage.

Interesting that someone wanted to go substantial (over 5%) in the stock ahead of next weeks update. Nice daily and weekly, but as you say Soulman the future announcements are what will be interesting (positive or negative) as there is a bit of excitement already in the SP.

snackpack
21-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Some drilling updates announced by the company. Basically, more intercepts noted at drilling sites, but not yet fully analysed.

tim23
08-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Trading halt more capital to be raised?

soulman
08-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Yep, another one. I sold at 3.9. Will wait and see.

snackpack
28-03-2011, 03:56 PM
SBL have started to excavate and truck the old tailings to the plant. More road work completed to ensure year round haulage too. Hopefully, we should see some gold being poured soon.

Waiuta
28-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Looks like they're running about 6 months behind. They were hoping for a first pour in Jan and I haven't seen any news on plant completion so here's hoping we get some income producing news other than rehashed previous data.

Hold

tim23
11-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Any other NZ holders annoyed that they have yet to receive their entitlement documents?

Anna Naum
11-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Any other NZ holders annoyed that they have yet to receive their entitlement documents?

Thats why I have all my AU shares in nominee, makes things like this so much easier

tim23
12-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Rang the company today and it seems other NZ holders have same issue, they were helpful and email me the forms, rang Computershare first, still waiting for the fax they promised by 2pm today!

Waiuta
15-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Just received mine today which doesn't give me time to take up offer as closing 5pm today WST.

Anna Naum
15-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Just received mine today which doesn't give me time to take up offer as closing 5pm today WST.

They allow direct credit of the Funds I think you will find

tim23
15-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Pathetic - I got my documents today and they are due today post mark said Mexico, I already got my bank cheque sorted in anticipation the offer would arrive last Saturday latest - I've had no joy from Computershare but neither they nor the company care

Waiuta
16-04-2011, 01:16 PM
I agree Tim, I rang Computershare in Aust and all I got was 'that's a shame' and only confirmed options which was send a cheque (impossible) or use billpay which is only available if you've got an Aust bank account. I also rang Direct Broking who would have facilitated if I had enough credit funds. So, it's not to be for me.

snackpack
28-04-2011, 05:34 PM
First pour in a few weeks apparently. Plant testing over Easter has been successful to date, with a final phase of testing and commissioning being undertaken now.

I got my documents last Monday, way past the closure date.

tim23
28-04-2011, 07:09 PM
The bloke at the company never responded again to me while same goes for Computershare - the post mark on my envelope had reference to Mexico?!

snackpack
15-06-2011, 04:10 PM
First pour of gold bars as part of the commissioning phase has occurred. Plan is to ramp up processing to the commercial production phase. Long awaited news for all.

tim23
15-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Some good news has had a real belting lately - good volume today though.

Waiuta
18-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on recent events? Looks like directors have looked after themselves and forgoten about their shareholders.

Huang Chung
18-10-2011, 07:37 PM
I assume you've checked out the SBL thread on HC......

Plenty of agro from shareholders.

soulman
18-10-2011, 07:57 PM
T/O by a foreign coy. SBL has been a DOG. Overall, I am net positive equity in trading SBL shares or I hope so. Have to check the record. Would not dip into SBL ever again since the execs are very bad with their project timing. Isn't Matthew Wood in SBL?

Huang Chung
18-10-2011, 10:34 PM
He's Chairman.

soulman
19-10-2011, 10:07 PM
I guess he is on a roll with AVB, VOR and HUN, so one slip up out of 4 is VERY GOOD. Maybe, he's got others?