PDA

View Full Version : If National wins ...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65]

BDL
21-01-2022, 04:25 PM
National's new "leader" wants to learn te reo, so that 96% of the population won't know what he is talking about. Smart eh?

21-01-2022, 04:50 PM
National's new "leader" wants to learn te reo, so that 96% of the population won't know what he is talking about. Smart eh?

Nothing wrong with te reo if it is spoken on it's own but to bastardise english by mixing it in is brainless.

BDL
21-01-2022, 05:18 PM
Nothing wrong with te reo if it is spoken on it's own but to bastardise english by mixing it in is brainless.

Yes, it is called New Zealand pigeon English.
We made it up all by ourselves, cool eh!

Blue Skies
22-01-2022, 02:09 PM
The left wing media will be ready to pounce on anything Luxon says that doesn't conform to the politically correct paradigm that they have introduced and will enforce. So he really is in a bind. They will be champing at the bit to declare him a 'racist' and 'cancel' him if they can achieve it. Probably the best thing he can do before leading the fight back against the co-governance agenda and the take-over that is underway is to learn Te Reo, as that will make it harder to brand him in the way that the left wing media will seek to. It's the political take-over and co-governance agenda that we object to, not Maori people or Maori culture in general.

Then you're going to have to fight the judiciary, you & a few others don't seem to have grasped the govt & politicians are bound by the laws & constitutional arrangements for this country.
Iwi are asserting their rights backed by the judiciary & although some politicians will try & make you think they can stop this, they won't when it comes to the crunch & many won't want to either including people like Chris Luxon.
They just want your vote so will fudge & obfuscate when questioned around these issues, just like Luxon did in Nelson, not answering the specific questions put to him.
There's no way Luxon will direct TV1 to reduce the use of Te Reo, nor for govt departments to reduce the use of Te Reo, nor diminish in any way the partnership between Iwi & the Crown represented by the govt.
Remember Luxon's wife speaks Te Reo & he wants to learn it.

ynot
22-01-2022, 02:35 PM
Then you're going to have to fight the judiciary, you & a few others don't seem to have grasped the govt & politicians are bound by the laws & conventional arrangements for this country.
Iwi are asserting their rights backed by the judiciary & although some politicians will try & make you think they can stop this, they won't when it comes to the crunch & many won't want to either including people like Chris Luxon.
They just want your vote so will fudge & obfuscate when questioned around these issues, just like Luxon did in Nelson, not answering the specific questions put to him.
There's no way Luxon will direct TV1 to reduce the use of Te Reo, nor for govt departments to reduce the use of Te Reo, nor diminish in any way the partnership between Iwi & the Crown represented by the govt.

Just maybe he not as silly as some think.

davflaws
23-01-2022, 11:41 AM
Yes, it is called New Zealand pigeon English.
We made it up all by ourselves, cool eh!

He kukupa reo Pakeha?

BDL
23-01-2022, 12:41 PM
Then you're going to have to fight the judiciary, you & a few others don't seem to have grasped the govt & politicians are bound by the laws & constitutional arrangements for this country.

"Iwi are asserting their rights backed by the judiciary & although some politicians will try & make you think they can stop this, they won't when it comes to the crunch & many won't want to either including people like Chris Luxon."

These are just your interpretations of the treaty. The treaty has never said that Maori have more rights to govern this county than anyone else. You are making that up.
It was always a partnership between all people living in NZ.
You are just making up a narrative to benefit a few Maori.

BDL
23-01-2022, 12:47 PM
If Luxon thinks he needs to speak te reo to be a leader he is just another want to be politician.
People are getting sick of this so called "woke" BS.
Just be an effective, honest leader.

fungus pudding
23-01-2022, 01:25 PM
If Luxon thinks he needs to speak te reo to be a leader he is just another want to be politician.
People are getting sick of this so called "woke" BS.

I think you mean some people are getting sick of the b/s. Obviously the majority tolerate it, or don't complain, or the TV channels would mend their ways.

Balance
23-01-2022, 01:36 PM
I think you mean some people are getting sick of the b/s. Obviously the majority tolerate it, or don't complain, or the TV channels would mend their ways.

Anyone in the media not playing the woke game these days under Cindy & her Maori cabal will find their career progression stifled - that's why many are doing it but waiting for the day when they tell their spin mistress & masters to stick it up their arses.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/52aca146e4b06d986ca82df3/1631845087037-P157E5Y20OVM451POK2S/lap+dogs+copy.jpg?format=2500w

ynot
23-01-2022, 01:47 PM

Kiwis are far too compliant.
Bloomfield at the podium of truth today spoke mostly in english. Then mid sentence he throws in "fa now" .
The he made later reference to "fa now" and siad the individuals concerned were NOT Maori. Whats wrong with the English word family, after all he was speaking English.

greater fool
23-01-2022, 01:51 PM
On the subject of lapdogs,
Here are another two. Apparently silence really is golden.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/commentisfree/2022/jan/23/the-deal-with-jacinda-arderns-labour-party-is-proving-toxic-for-new-zealands-greens

dobby41
23-01-2022, 02:33 PM
Anyone in the media not playing the woke game these days under Cindy & her Maori cabal will find their career progression stifled - that's why many are doing it but waiting for the day when they tell their spin mistress & masters to stick it up their arses.

Given the tone of the latest articles I've read the Govt is failing to control the media (if that is what you think they do).
Another failure for the Govt?

Balance
23-01-2022, 03:00 PM
Given the tone of the latest articles I've read the Govt is failing to control the media (if that is what you think they do).
Another failure for the Govt?

Thank goodness that there are those who are prepared to tell this clueless spin control government where to stick it.

Plus, you can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.

Blue Skies
23-01-2022, 03:07 PM

BDL
23-01-2022, 03:17 PM
Tēnā rūkahu tēnā.[/QUOTE]

You will need a better argument than that Blue Skies.

ynot
23-01-2022, 03:18 PM
These are just your interpretations of the treaty. The treaty has never said that Maori have more rights to govern this county than anyone else. You are making that up.

Tēnā rūkahu tēnā.[/QUOTE]

English please

greater fool
23-01-2022, 03:26 PM
Tēnā rūkahu tēnā.

English please

1. that's a load of rubbish, you're so wrong, you're so mistaken

https://maoridictionary.co.nz/word/11573

Blue Skies
23-01-2022, 04:31 PM
"Iwi are asserting their rights backed by the judiciary & although some politicians will try & make you think they can stop this, they won't when it comes to the crunch & many won't want to either including people like Chris Luxon."

Important, to clear up confusion post 16030 beginning with ......."These are just your interpretations of the treaty etc ......" was posted by BDL, not myself Blue Skies.

BDL was refuting my previous post but somehow in Ynot's reply post 16030 it appears attributed to me.
I disagree strongly.

Blue Skies
23-01-2022, 04:55 PM
Tēnā rūkahu tēnā.

You will need a better argument than that Blue Skies.[/QUOTE]

You can fight it all you want but its not going to make any difference. It's not my narrative, its the way things are.
It's no longer up for debate, its part of the constitutional arrangements of this country & Iwi see it as a partnership between Maori & the Crown represented by the govt.
National are no different to Labour on this now.

23-01-2022, 05:12 PM
So when do we expect translators to be needed when we discuss international matters with countries we trade with? Thinking of Australia, UK and USA here.

How many people bother watching the news or weather on TV these days simply because they don't understand the language being spoken?

We will be back in the stone age before we know it.

davflaws
23-01-2022, 05:23 PM

Racist nonsense

ynot
23-01-2022, 06:11 PM
So when do we expect translators to be needed when we discuss international matters with countries we trade with? Thinking of Australia, UK and USA here.

How many people bother watching the news or weather on TV these days simply because they don't understand the language being spoken?

Yip Total disconnect with reality from the left. Never mind the wider world and a sane section of our community can not understand what we are up to down here.

fungus pudding
23-01-2022, 07:05 PM

I was at someone's house last night where the TV was on channel 3 - which I hardly ever watch. The lady weather reader had the lower-front of her head so heavily tattooed I found it hard to look at the screen. Furthermore I had never heard most of the place names she was spouting although I have lived here all my life. I thought TV 1 was bad, but believe me, 3 is worse.

ynot
23-01-2022, 08:12 PM
I was at someone's house last night where the TV was on channel 3 - which I hardly ever watch. The lady weather reader had the lower-front of her head so heavily tattooed I found it hard to look at the screen. Furthermore I had never heard most of the place names she was spouting although I have lived here all my life. I thought TV 1 was bad, but believe me, 3 is worse.

My personal situation had me ( by choice) with no option of a tv for the last 2 years.
I have not missed it at all.
I will be back on the grid soon but no way will watch local tv.
Prior to that i was in Ausi for 7 years. Wnen I came back from Aus in 2016 I could only laugh at the state of our tv network.
Ausi had its media faults but goodness me, I could not suffer watching nz tv.
Bloody embarrassing.

Bjauck
24-01-2022, 08:40 AM
My personal situation had me ( by choice) with no option of a tv for the last 2 years.
Prior to that i was in Ausi for 7 years. Wnen I came back from Aus in 2016 I could only laugh at the state of our tv network.
Bloody embarrassing. I only "watch TV" (mainly tv one, UKTV, Sky Sports and David Attenborough) when I visit senior family. I use a phone/tablet/laptop to access information/news/entertainment. Sometimes a TV is used as a monitor if more than two people want to watch the same thing. For news I tend to access news websites or stream Radio NZ National, ABC News Radio and BBC World Service.

dobby41
29-01-2022, 10:51 AM
Seymour (here for the Opposition alliance) is in fine form.
Writing for the Daily Mail now (why would you?).
Trying very hard to be noticed.

Thousands react to David Seymour blaming 'lockdown loving lefties' for turning NZ into 'Hermit Kingdom' in Daily Mail opinion piece
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2022/01/thousands-react-to-david-seymour-blaming-lockdown-loving-lefties-for-turning-nz-into-hermit-kingdom-in-daily-mail-piece.html

Panda-NZ-
29-01-2022, 11:10 AM
Seymour (here for the Opposition alliance) is in fine form.
Writing for the Daily Mail now (why would you?).
Trying very hard to be noticed.

Thousands react to David Seymour blaming 'lockdown loving lefties' for turning NZ into 'Hermit Kingdom' in Daily Mail opinion piece

Dave is down again in the polls and on track to below 5%.

fungus pudding
29-01-2022, 11:59 AM
Bloody embarrassing.

If you can tolerate Aussi TV (or radio), then you should be able to withstand anything.

ynot
29-01-2022, 02:11 PM
If you can tolerate Aussi TV (or radio), then you should be able to withstand anything.
Still streets ahead of the kindergarten level I experienced here after I returned from Aus in 2016.
Throw in the added BS they feed up today as news and wow.

Panda-NZ-
29-01-2022, 03:11 PM
Still streets ahead of the kindergarten level I experienced here after I returned from Aus in 2016.
Throw in the added BS they feed up today as news and wow.

Sky news uniquely copped a youtube ban for spreading misinformation.

Not even fox news managed that.

Balance
29-01-2022, 03:56 PM
Sky news uniquely copped a youtube ban for spreading misinformation.

Not even fox news managed that.

You must be so pleased you have not been banned yet then for spreading lies, spins and deflections.

dobby41
29-01-2022, 03:59 PM
You must be so pleased you have not been banned yet then for spreading lies, spins and deflections.

Is Panda-NZ on youtube also?
Or have you tried to conflate things to deflect from your history of poor predictions, false quote and lies?

Logen Ninefingers
29-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Seymour and ACT have been the opposition while National have been a shambles, so it’s a bit of a shame to see people bail on ACT at the first sign that Luxon might be the real deal.

dobby41
29-01-2022, 04:22 PM
Seymour and ACT have been the opposition while National have been a shambles, so it’s a bit of a shame to see people bail on ACT at the first sign that Luxon might be the real deal.

Luxon certainly looks more credible than Collins did.

fungus pudding
29-01-2022, 05:10 PM
Luxon certainly looks more credible than Collins did.

You've got that one right. What happened?

dobby41
29-01-2022, 05:40 PM
You've got that one right. What happened?

What happened where?

Balance
29-01-2022, 07:00 PM
Is Panda-NZ on youtube also?
Or have you tried to conflate things to deflect from your history of poor predictions, false quote and lies?

Coming from you whose one source of truth is Cindy :t_up:

You obviously like your panda mate’s lie that Luxon paid no tax?

Or Hipkins spin & BS that NZ was first in the queue for the vaccine?

Or you prefer the 100,000 new homes to be built under Kiwibuild?

Or that child poverty would be eliminated under Labour?

Or the election bribes (like the $120m to create 5% of the 3,000 jobs promised to fix maraes) paid to the Maoris so they vote Labour?

Or that this government will fix homelessness?

What a loser you are, dobby41 - one big complete loser to swallow all that spin & garbage from Cindy. Get a life. A real life.

ynot
29-01-2022, 07:54 PM
Seymour has turned out to be quite a disappointment. At least for me. I had him as a Libertarian defending individual rights. Turns out he wants to treat the non vaxed like second class citizens.

fungus pudding
29-01-2022, 10:17 PM
Seymour has turned out to be quite a disappointment. At least for me. I had him as a Libertarian defending individual rights. Turns out he wants to treat the non vaxed like second class citizens.

Or perhaps he wants to protect those who have been vaccinated. Surely the first duty of any govt. is to protect its citizens.

ynot
30-01-2022, 08:36 AM
Or perhaps he wants to protect those who have been vaccinated. Surely the first duty of any govt. is to protect its citizens.
Yes fair comment. I dont agree with the premise but that is another matter.
What I was expecting from a libertarian was an acceptance of my right to choose.

fungus pudding
30-01-2022, 09:42 AM
What I was expecting from a libertarian was an acceptance of my right to choose.

Fair enough - as long as you accept that you will be blocked from certain activites, and not bleat on about your rights to wander about putting others at risk.

dobby41
30-01-2022, 02:06 PM
Coming from you whose one source of truth is Cindy :t_up:
I point out facts where I see them - you just make them up, repeat them and add a dose of one-liners in a Trumpish manner.

You obviously like your panda mate’s lie that Luxon paid no tax?
Not so obvious at all.
I disagree with what he said - he doubled down on what he said while meaning something else (no tax paid on capital gains as are our tax laws).
I'm just not as rabid as you.

Or you prefer the 100,000 new homes to be built under Kiwibuild?
I've already made my views known on this - was never going to happen for a number of years.

What a loser you are, dobby41 - one big complete loser to swallow all that spin & garbage from Cindy. Get a life. A real life.

There you go again - you love to call people names - play the person rather than the issue.
It is not I who is a loser.
Fortunately, you said it yourself.

Does not matter what I think.

Balance
30-01-2022, 02:58 PM
I point out facts where I see them - you just make them up, repeat them and add a dose of one-liners in a Trumpish manner.

Not so obvious at all.
I disagree with what he said - he doubled down on what he said while meaning something else (no tax paid on capital gains as are our tax laws).
I'm just not as rabid as you.

I've already made my views known on this - was never going to happen for a number of years.

There you go again - you love to call people names - play the person rather than the issue.
It is not I who is a loser.
Fortunately, you said it yourself.

Coming from the one whose one source of truth is Cindy.

Yawn.

dobby41
30-01-2022, 03:04 PM
Coming from the one whose one source of truth is Cindy.

Yawn.

There you go again - you can't help yourself.
Play the ball not the man and stop making stuff up.

Balance
30-01-2022, 03:10 PM
There you go again - you can't help yourself.
Play the ball not the man and stop making stuff up.

Cindy is your one source of truth - why are you so embarrassed these days to be a man and stand up for your Cindy? :t_up:

Bjauck
30-01-2022, 05:39 PM
I think David Seymour is in favour of increasing health spending. After all an unhealthy society without vaccinations checking epidemics and contagion runs the risk of checking many an individual’s liberty. I see no conflict between libertarianism and an emphasis on robust public health, including an emphasis on vaccinations.

I think Seymour believes in driver licences and other restrictions too.

ynot
30-01-2022, 07:00 PM
I think David Seymour is in favour of increasing health spending. After all an unhealthy society without vaccinations checking epidemics and contagion runs the risk of checking many an individual’s liberty. I see no conflict between libertarianism and an emphasis on robust public health, including an emphasis on vaccinations.

Yes i understand that, and i don't want to say this out loud as its not currently popular so please excuse me but, would a libertarian also not respect my choice to not expose myself to something I do not want.

FTG
30-01-2022, 07:07 PM

Only a full-blown anarchist would be actively against society having any rules & regulations in place, e.g. the use of drivers licences.

It seems many folk don't understand, or perhaps misunderstand, the distinct differences between anarchists & libertarians and hence tend to think they are cut from the same cloth. Far from it!

Yes, libertarians aspire to having a free society and certainly not one that is leaning towards authoritarianism. Anarchists too want "freedom" from authority, but without any restraint and certainly without individuals being responsible for & taking responsibility with their actions. An anarchist is happiest when an environment of chaos, confusion, randomness, and 'no consequence" reigns.

The irony is that when anarchy is allowed to reign in a country, its society is only a corrupt politician's heartbeat away from losing all liberties that they previously cherished (and likely took for granted).

On the other hand the libertarian understands that for individual & societal freedom to successfully flourish, it needs to be balanced & checked with individuals being responsible. Taking responsibility for their actions, or as it may be, lack of actions. Sadly NZ has been walking (and in more recent times starting to jog) down the dangerous authoritarian centralised STATE controlled path - under both Labour AND National majority run parliaments.

Why? Simple, most politicians think they are in a supremely better position to know better about what is best for you, me and society.

What does Luxon really think? Even if he did think distinctly differently than the rest of the pack, does he have the willingness, skills, understanding & tenacity to navigate "the system" to successfully make the necessary paradigm shifts to that system of governance? Or will he just get consumed by the bigger machine and eventually be homogenised along with most of the other politicians?

Panda-NZ-
30-01-2022, 07:21 PM
On the other hand the libertarian understands that for individual & societal freedom to successfully flourish, it needs to be balanced & checked with individuals being responsible. Taking responsibility for their actions, or as it may be, lack of actions.Sadly NZ has been walking (and in more recent times starting to jog) down the dangerous authoritarian centralised STATE controlled path - under both Labour AND National controlled parliaments.

They believe in economic anarchy - but are tough on crime and want a strong military.

Though without necessarily having the means to pay for it.

FTG
30-01-2022, 08:59 PM
They believe in economic anarchy - but are tough on crime and want a strong military.

Though without necessarily having the means to pay for it.

Total unadulterated rubbish Panda. You couldn't be further from the truth if you tried!

Panda-NZ-
30-01-2022, 09:19 PM
True, they're often for business subsidies too.

Balance
31-01-2022, 09:17 AM
Cindy's chickens coming home to roost :

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/127640759/jacinda-ardern-is-no-longer-the-leader-with-the-highest-approval-rating-in-the-country

A new approval rating poll has reached an unprecedented conclusion – Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern​ is not the highest-scoring leader in the country.

National leader Christopher Luxon​ has pipped Ardern in the latest 1News Kantar Public Poll, with an approval rating of +22 versus her own rating of +15.

It is the first time the Prime Minister hasn’t scored higher than the Opposition leader since the poll began asking approval ratings in 2019.

Cindy's https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/52aca146e4b06d986ca82df3/1636064968113-YAL297KTWCQKLKTY2HZN/Book+Fair.jpg?format=500w

Panda-NZ-
31-01-2022, 11:01 AM
Slight bump is often called a honeymoon period and is normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ydxz_YhZWs

fungus pudding
31-01-2022, 11:19 AM
Cindy's chickens coming home to roost :

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/127640759/jacinda-ardern-is-no-longer-the-leader-with-the-highest-approval-rating-in-the-country

A new approval rating poll has reached an unprecedented conclusion – Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern​ is not the highest-scoring leader in the country.

National leader Christopher Luxon​ has pipped Ardern in the latest 1News Kantar Public Poll, with an approval rating of +22 versus her own rating of +15.

It is the first time the Prime Minister hasn’t scored higher than the Opposition leader since the poll began asking approval ratings in 2019.

Cindy's https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/52aca146e4b06d986ca82df3/1636064968113-YAL297KTWCQKLKTY2HZN/Book+Fair.jpg?format=500w

Those 'net approval rating' polls tell you nothing. Ardern is still way out in front as the most popular MP in NZ. Dog knows why! But that's the thing to watch. Have a look in six months when Luxon is bedded in. Then the approval/disaproval numbers will change.

Balance
31-01-2022, 11:57 AM
Those 'net approval rating' polls tell you nothing. Ardern is still way out in front as the most popular MP in NZ. Dog knows why! But that's the thing to watch. Have a look in six months when Luxon is bedded in. Then the approval/disaproval numbers will change.

The trend is what matters at this stage.

And Clueless Cindy is slip sliding down the polls.

ynot
31-01-2022, 12:36 PM
Slight bump is often called a honeymoon period and is normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ydxz_YhZWs

lol at the women at 1:07. poor dear.
Maybe time to dust of the CV Panda. Maybe Luxon has an opportunity for you.

Panda-NZ-
31-01-2022, 01:10 PM
Maybe time to dust of the CV Panda. Maybe Luxon has an opportunity for you.

Keeping some decent principles is more important.

Balance
31-01-2022, 01:20 PM
Keeping some decent principles is more important.

Yes, like you being a pathological liar & serial deflector.

What about your lie that Luxon paid no tax?

And which government formed Whanau Ora?

Panda-NZ-
31-01-2022, 01:24 PM
Those 'net approval rating' polls tell you nothing. Ardern is still way out in front as the most popular MP in NZ. Dog knows why! .

Indeed. when we have lots of jobs, what's the point of National.

Balance
31-01-2022, 01:31 PM
Indeed. when we have lots of jobs, what's the point of National.

Lots of jobs? Then why the queues for housing, record child poverty numbers and benefit payouts?

Peddling lies as usual like you cannot help yourself.

What about Luxon paying no tax?

dobby41
31-01-2022, 04:15 PM
And which government formed Whanau Ora?
Whānau Ora evolved out of the coalition between the National and Māori parties after the 2008 general election
Your point?

Balance
31-01-2022, 04:58 PM
Whānau Ora evolved out of the coalition between the National and Māori parties after the 2008 general election
Your point?

Whānau ora became part of government policy in November 2002, when the Ministry of Health published a strategy for Māori health.3 In the strategy, whānau ora meant, briefly, "healthy families". In their foreword to the strategy, the responsible Minister and Associate Minister said that achieving whānau ora would need an approach that recognises and builds on the strengths and assets of whānau to encourage whānau development.

It was set up under Helen Clark.

dobby41
31-01-2022, 05:17 PM
Whānau ora became part of government policy in November 2002, when the Ministry of Health published a strategy for Māori health.3 In the strategy, whānau ora meant, briefly, "healthy families". In their foreword to the strategy, the responsible Minister and Associate Minister said that achieving whānau ora would need an approach that recognises and builds on the strengths and assets of whānau to encourage whānau development.

It was set up under Helen Clark.

Something astray - what I quoted came from the wiki article.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wh%C4%81nau_Ora

A Herald article from 2011 (after the election of National)
Developing Whanau Ora, a Ministerial Committee on Poverty and a new focus for Te Puni Kokiri are the centre-pieces of the National Party-Maori Party confidence and supply agreement.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/nats-and-maori-party-sign/BATSGOJJMQCMJLBEAUVHCURL2I/?c_id=1&objectid=10772529

Balance
31-01-2022, 05:22 PM
Something astray - what I quoted came from the wiki article.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wh%C4%81nau_Ora

A Herald article from 2011 (after the election of National)
Developing Whanau Ora, a Ministerial Committee on Poverty and a new focus for Te Puni Kokiri are the centre-pieces of the National Party-Maori Party confidence and supply agreement.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/nats-and-maori-party-sign/BATSGOJJMQCMJLBEAUVHCURL2I/?c_id=1&objectid=10772529

Nothing astray - it was set up under the Clark government and then, further developed and strengthened under Key & his coalition with the Maori Party.

Panda-NZ-
09-03-2022, 04:20 PM
Luxon wants only the finest of Maori in his cabinet.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2022/03/national-leader-christopher-luxon-defends-high-calibre-m-ori-comment-after-criticism.html

While keeping hold of talent like chris bishop and gerry brownlee.

Balance
09-03-2022, 04:28 PM
Luxon wants only the finest of Maori in his cabinet.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2022/03/national-leader-christopher-luxon-defends-high-calibre-m-ori-comment-after-criticism.html

While keeping hold of talent like chris bishop and gerry brownlee.

Compared to Kelvin Davis, they beat Labour hands down.

How about your lie that Luxon paid no tax?

Baa_Baa
14-05-2022, 02:45 PM
Latest April Taxpayers' Union Curia Poll (https://www.taxpayers.org.nz/taxpayers_union_curia_poll_april_2022) show continued rise of National and Luxon. Labour will be running scared as the party and Aderns' favourability continues to decline, especially with their farcical budget next week when it will become obvious to anyone who still has their head in the sand, that Labour is screwing the country and who knows how many future generations who will have to pay for their deeply flawed ideology.

Panda-NZ-
14-05-2022, 02:55 PM
The one which standard and poors gave an AA+ towards (after being downgraded during the National term)

Panda-NZ-
14-05-2022, 03:30 PM
Sounds like National's offering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-bsAzpvLnE

We can't afford a wage increase at this time but can afford tax cuts to the wealthy.

dobby41
15-05-2022, 03:39 PM
A man of principles - not!

Blue Skies
19-05-2022, 05:15 PM
Both Christopher Luxon & Nicola Willis out of their depth.
Nicola Willis refusing or just most likely unable to say what she would cut from the budget, to pay for National's proposed $1.7 Billion tax cuts, which would give the "squeezed middle NZ" around an extra $2 per week, but Luxon an extra an extra $18,000/year if he becomes PM, while taking away the Winter Energy payment, & the $100/month Cost of Living Payment, which covers over 80% of working NZ'ers.

They don't have a clue, no solutions, no fresh ideas not even a grasp of the complexities of some of the issues, just vacuous slogans. Really disappointing.
And unfortunately now there's no one in National that has an intellect anywhere near Grant Robertson.

Balance
19-05-2022, 06:38 PM
Both Christopher Luxon & Nicola Willis out of their depth.
Nicola Willis refusing or just most likely unable to say what she would cut from the budget, to pay for National's proposed $1.7 Billion tax cuts, which would give the "squeezed middle NZ" around an extra $2 per week, but Luxon an extra an extra $18,000/year if he becomes PM, while taking away the Winter Energy payment, & the $100/month Cost of Living Payment, which covers over 80% of working NZ'ers.

They don't have a clue, no solutions, no fresh ideas not even a grasp of the complexities of some of the issues, just vacuous slogans. Really disappointing.
And unfortunately now there's no one in National that has an intellect anywhere near Grant Robertson.

Good grief - you do not have to be so harsh on Ardern, Robertson & her team of nincompoops - remember their vacuous slogans of :

Kiwibuild

Plant 1 Billion trees

Eliminating Child Poverty

Home Affordability

Reduction of Greenhouse Gases

Equality

Provincial Growth Fund

Auckland Light Rail

Auckland Cycle Bridge

Most transparent & accountable government

Takes a special kind of intellect to describe Grant Robertson as having any intellect besides spend and tax!

Balance
19-05-2022, 09:24 PM
And on eliminating child poverty, here’s the damning verdict :

This budget will be remembered as the first to demonstrably leave poor children behind.

- Kate Prickett, Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/on-the-inside/467483/budget-for-the-squeezed-middle-but-will-it-be-the-political-circuit-breaker-labour-wants

nztx
20-05-2022, 03:05 AM
And on eliminating child poverty, here’s the damning verdict :

This budget will be remembered as the first to demonstrably leave poor children behind.

- Kate Prickett, Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/on-the-inside/467483/budget-for-the-squeezed-middle-but-will-it-be-the-political-circuit-breaker-labour-wants

Is the PM still really sickly on her Sick Bed to not have noticed her pride & joy being blatantly ignored
and trodden all over by all her other Parliamentary colleagues in her untimely absence? :)

Panda-NZ-
20-05-2022, 07:26 AM
Takes a special kind of intellect to describe Grant Robertson as having any intellect besides spend and tax!

In contrast to spend (on business and consultants) & not tax.

Money is going to the people for once.

nztx
21-05-2022, 06:04 PM
In contrast to spend (on business and consultants) & not tax.

Money is going to the people for once.

Are Labour still not doing both ? Nothing like huge consultant fees on how to best try to pull the wool
on how Inflation in eyes of the M of F will suddenly stop happening as a result of the general $350
flash in the pan ;)

Perhaps they will suggest making the coins smaller - so a few might believe that inflation has stopped ;)