PDA

View Full Version : Oiler. Graeme Teague

bermuda
24-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Hey guys Our champion has not got long to go.

If anyone could email him urgently and talk about say, NWE that would be fantastic. He understands oil and gas like no one else I know. He loves this site and and is respected all of us .

A LEGEND

Please email. I will make sure David , his nepthew, opens them.

He would love to hear from you.

Can you imagine how pleased he will be to get your email.

Lizard
25-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Hi Bermuda,

I am very sorry to hear that! Thanks for the heads-up... will do as you suggest.

airedale
25-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Hi Bermuda, I knew that it was bad but now it is worse than I thought. Graeme is a guy who loved the share game, and was genuinely knowledgeable about oil and gas. Thinking of you, Graeme.

trackers
25-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Horrible news, I'm gutted. Thanks for letting us know Bermuda.

A lovely warm guy...He'd only just moved down here to Chch too, and even gave me a copy of Metastock a while back purely because he didn't need it anymore. Legend indeed - All the best Graeme, thinking of you

percy
25-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks bermuda.
A lovely man.Shrewd crude gave me his email address last week and your post made me get off my backside and send oiler an email.
We are all thinking of him.
Always ready to help others,a kind and warm hearted person who always posted with well researched and friendly posts.

STRAT
25-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi Super B.
I sent you a pm

Serpie
25-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks Super B

bermuda
25-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks Super B

Hi Serpie et al,
It is with great sadness that I must advise that our beloved Oiler passed away at 6pm last night. I have been in touch with David, his nephew and a small family service is planned. David will be providing an address for messages to be sent. I will post that here as soon as I get it.

I have known Oiler for several years and have found him to be one of the most delightful cheerful and knowledgeable guys I have ever met. We will all miss him.

Rest in Peace Graeme. We are all thinking of you.

Andrew Hopkins
( Bermuda )

digger
25-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Hi, Oiler
I had noticed you had not posted much lately and wondered why. My thoughts are with you
Now for my tiny problems. Seven weeks ago i broke my left leg in two places.Missed the NOG meeting,how sad. Am now out of cast and into a moon boot.
I hobble around and since i broke my leg have heard about many others that are much worst off. like this young motor cycle rider that had an accident and broke most of the bones on his right side from shoulder to knee.He had to remain imoble for two and a half months. Then when he came out of the cast the docter asked him to raise his leg for the first time since the accident.He attempted to do so they all discovered his leg was broken just below the knee.

Oiler i enjoyed reading your post knowing they were honest and with considerable thought ,knowledge. All the best.

A J
25-11-2011, 11:50 AM
This is very sad news, and so sudden. Thoughts are with Oiler and his family. Top man and I'm glad that Bruce (upside_umop) and I got to spend some time with him in New Plymouth earlier this year in April. He welcomed us into his house with open arms and was a very enthusiastic person especially of course regarding oil and gas / shares. Looked forward to seeing him each time he came down to the Chch sharetrader meetings so was sad to not see him at the last one.

Will be sorely missed but definately not forgotten.

RIP Oiler

Serpie
25-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks Andrew,

I might go for a wee drive and absorb that news.

Goodbye my Amigo

Russell Penn
(Serpie)

Rabbi
25-11-2011, 12:45 PM
I met Oiler at a sharetrader meeting a few years ago at the Bush Inn and found him to be a very friendly obliging guy. As alluded to, he had a wealth of experience of
Oil and Gas shares and was all too willing to share his knowledge.

Very sorry to hear he passed away.:(

Jay
25-11-2011, 12:55 PM
I have only met Oiler once at an Auckland sharetrader meeting a few years ago and he was only too willing to share his knowledge and experience as others have said.

Sorry to hear he has passed away, will be missed here on ST.
Condolences to his family

Financially dependant
25-11-2011, 12:59 PM
That is incredible sad news, he will be sadly missed on many levels.

I was particularly touched by his inclusive manor, always first to organise get togethers, a perfect host.

Rest in peace Oiler...

QOH
25-11-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm sorry to read this news, I met him at a Wellington sharetrader meeting a few years ago, and remember him as a friendly generous guy.
RIP Graeme

skeet
25-11-2011, 01:23 PM
I was lucky enough to have met Graeme a number of times on his trips down to Christchurch for the ST meetings over the last few years. He really was the inspiration for me to get stuck into oil and gas stocks, something I probably wouldn't have done if it wasn't for his excitement and passion he showed for them.

I guess in a way I looked to Oiler as a mentor, he was probably sick of my messages asking what he thought on this stock or his opinion on that announcement, but he never showed it only ever spending his spare time helping me grow in knowledge whether he knew it or not.

You will be missed by us all.

Rest in Peace Oiler....

Stephen Burrows
(Skeet)

impacman
25-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Thanks for letting us know Andrew. A very good man who will be sorely missed on both personal and professional levels. I, like many of you, viewed Graeme as an impressive person, hugely generous and with feet firmly on the ground. Thoughts are with you Graeme, and your friends and family.

Tom Reeves
(Impacman)

mattyroo
25-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Extremely saddend by this news. Currently in Thailand with a number of guys who worked with Graeme on the Kupe project, and I have to say, there are a few eyes welled up over this news.

Not a bad word could be said about Graeme - A genuine gentlemen.

RIP Graeme.

Matthew

Crypto Crude
25-11-2011, 05:01 PM
He was oiler2 for awhile, we knew him as oiler#1...
and then grew to know him as such a generous person...

Graeme was a sweet crude... light (hearted)...

He was not rated, He was the benchmark !...

our fireball never turned out as we hoped, this time thinking we got it...
RIP graeme...
our friend for life...

Michael Fleming
shrewd crude
:crying:
.^sc

rotweiller
25-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Goodness Me.
Here I am for my first stint of the season up on the Fire Lookout at Nelson riding the gale force South-Westerlies.
Oiler was always at me to get down from my lofty perch and get to the meetings in Chch.
Can't believe he is no longer with us and my thoughts go out to family and this forum members who held him in such esteem

Bid Daddy in the Sky

Toulouse - Luzern
25-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Sad news
Like many I met Graeme at a few Sharetrader meetings
I found him informed, friendly and helpful for all those new to oil and gas ...
He made an effort...
RIP

JBmurc
25-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Sadly never got to meet oiler , but really enjoyed his posts very smart investor

Year of the Tiger
25-11-2011, 09:39 PM
I haven't been up with the news of late but to hear about Graeme's passing is a real shock. I met him a few times at Auckland Sharetrader meetings and he was always a great source of information as well as being an all round neat guy. All the best for your final journey Graeme.

June Terry
Year of the Tiger

janner
25-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Is this not a wake up call for all ??

We do not seem to be having those meetings that i have heard about..

Never met Oiler.. Read his many posts not being an oil and gas man..

R.I.P. Oiler.

Learnt much..

bermuda
26-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Thankyou all for your kind posts.
Messages can be sent to david.teague@img.co.nz. I will be attending Graeme's funeral next Tuesday at Waiuku.

RIP Graeme. You will be missed.

upside_umop
26-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Graeme would have to be the person I have known the longest here on Sharetrader.

It was numbing to hear the news of his passing, as he was a great friend and mentor, not just to me but quite a few on here. I think most of us will agree that Graeme would be the person who left the biggest impression after meeting him, as he would never shy from talking to anyone. It will be difficult to imagine a Sharetrader meeting without him, as he was always the "local" where ever the meeting was!

Thanks again Graeme for everything over the years - you will be missed.

Bruce D

shasta
26-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Hi Serpie et al,
It is with great sadness that I must advise that our beloved Oiler passed away at 6pm last night. I have been in touch with David, his nephew and a small family service is planned. David will be providing an address for messages to be sent. I will post that here as soon as I get it.

I have known Oiler for several years and have found him to be one of the most delightful cheerful and knowledgeable guys I have ever met. We will all miss him.

Rest in Peace Graeme. We are all thinking of you.

Andrew Hopkins
( Bermuda )

****, i had no idea about Graeme - so sorry to hear that news, i havent been on here much due to my own personal circumstances, rehabbing a back & neck injury.

Having meet Graeme a few times via Sharetrader Wellington meetings, he was a decent & generous guy, very clued up & easy to like.

I will personally miss him, & wish i had known earlier, so i could have contacted him personally.

Sharetrader has lost a great guy, contributor & knowledgeable oil expert

RIP my friend

Brendan Giddens (Shasta)

iceman
26-11-2011, 09:12 PM
I never met Graeme but thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated his well considered and informative posts on Oil & Gas stocks.
My thoughts are with the family.
RIP Graeme

skid
28-11-2011, 09:37 AM
I never had the pleasure of meeting grahm,but it obviuos by the many posts that Oiler was a man who rose above the very thing he was so enthused about-It is this quality that we salute-RIP

STRAT
28-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Over the years I have been associated with this site I have met quite a few of you and some I consider friends but of all the people I have befriended from share trader, Graeme was at the top of the heap and the only one I have seen outside of share trader events. Many here have alluded to his skills and knowledge in and around the Oil and Gas Industry about which I know little. Im sure its true but not what stood out to me from having known this man. Charming and kind are the first things that spring to mind for me. A gentleman, in fact a truly gentle soul with an uplifting spirit. He went so quick I didnt even get a chance to say goodbye. So unfair for someone like this to have his life cut short. I will miss him a lot. Its hard to imagine a share trader gathering without him there.

Im really hurting over this.
Serpie, Ooomop, Matty and Bermuda. Heart out to you fellas. I know you will be hurting too.

kiwiwim
28-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks Andrew (Bermuda).
Graeme was a great mate. I sent him an email prior to his operation and hoped that we could meet for a Christmas drink. That is not to be. Rest in Peace Graeme
Over the last 5 years I have spent many happy hours chatting and dining with Graeme . Graeme was often the catalyst for our meetings in Christchurch. I will remember him as a very good person and always very generous with his advise and knowledge for us "sharetraders".
We are all thinking of him and his family.
Wim Sauerland
(KIWIWIM)

Serpie
28-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Over the years I have been associated with this site I have met quite a few of you and some I consider friends but of all the people I have befriended from share trader, Graeme was at the top of the heap and the only one I have seen outside of share trader events. Many here have alluded to his skills and knowledge in and around the Oil and Gas Industry about which I know little. Im sure its true but not what stood out to me from having known this man. Charming and kind are the first things that spring to mind for me. A gentleman, in fact a truly gentle soul with an uplifting spirit. He went so quick I didnt even get a chance to say goodbye. So unfair for someone like this to have his life cut short. I will miss him a lot. Its hard to imagine a share trader gathering without him there.

Im really hurting over this.
Serpie, Ooomop, Matty and Bermuda. Heart out to you fellas. I know you will be hurting too.

Well said Strat.

He had just bought a house just a few hundred metres away from our place, and we had planned to spend summer evenings looking out over the city, with a glass of chardonnay, speaking of past, current and future projects. Not to be.

I fondly remember the days when picking winning stocks required as much skill as shooting fish in a barrel, and Graeme, Shrewdy and I travelled to other centres, labelling ourselves The Three Amigos. Great days.
My fondest memory of Graeme is also the most hazey - a balmy summer night at Simo's on Cashel Mall with Graeme, my wife and I.

I didn't get to talk to him either Strat - we exchanged a couple of texts late last week, but he wasn't able to speak at the time. I didn't realise that it was because he was so ill.

I'm sure he will be sorely missed in all of the circles that he moved in, none more so than here at Sharetrader.

I'll come up and see you in the new year, and we'll have a drink for him. He'd like that!

Felonius
30-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Yes Oiler.
I too was sad to hear the news. I met you at a Sharetrader meeting in Auckland & subsequently on several occasions.
I always enjoyed your company, knowledge & enthusiasm.

skeet
25-11-2019, 05:27 PM
Can't belive it's been 8 years, still living on the knowledge learnt from this legend!

Joshuatree
25-11-2019, 09:09 PM
First post in a while skeet. You on another site now?