PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying what kind of trader/investor one is and some other ?'s

toast2success
07-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Phew , I've put the brain in 'fry-mode' and been grabbing as much literature as possible and trying to absorb it all. :confused:It has lead me to more questions.

My first question is around what kind of trader/investor one is and what traits should be associated with such.

So, having delved further into things over the weekend I realised I'd definitely like to be creating the ol 'nest egg', but then I thought going balls to the wall may suit me even better (I have bugger all so figure I have bugger all to lose by going for it)

Is it possible to be a nest egg builder and an aggressive investor/trader at the same time ? I'm guessing you develop yourself 2 portfolios ? and also what kind of split do people employ when trying to do this ? 20/80? 10/90? 30/70 (maybe too conservative ?) and start to shift the numbers around as the hair gets greyer

I recall another thread where a young guy was wanting to get self sufficient quite quickly (5-6 years ?).While I'd like to work to a similar timeframe I realise it may be too ambitious for a buckwheater like me. 10 years, that would be a great goal to achieve in my eyes.

While I realise there is no definitive answer or shortcut to the questions, any insight and advice will be appreciated and taken on board.

TIA

Financially dependant
07-12-2011, 03:05 PM
I like the idea of having a trading portfolio and an investment portfolio because once you have stuff'ed up on trading they can become a long term investment....No just kidding. Read a lot and trade a bit to get a feel where you are comfortable.

To me the psychology of trading is the most important aspect but just read through all Phadres posts and links to learn from one of the best. I am reading all about Richard D Wychoff atm which has opened up a whole new world...The learning never finishes..