PDA

View Full Version : When people say they are staying out of the market or on the sideline does it mean...

toast2success
07-12-2011, 02:16 PM
a)they are selling what they can and then just holding their cash , or does it mean b) they are leaving what they have in the market and just not buying or selling at the moment ?

Or something totally different ?

Financially dependant
07-12-2011, 02:53 PM
a)they are selling what they can and then just holding their cash , or does it mean b) they are leaving what they have in the market and just not buying or selling at the moment ?

My understanding is cashed up and waiting for a better opportunity to enter the market.

fungus pudding
07-12-2011, 03:29 PM

Unfortunately there is nobody in the entire world that can answer your question. :eek2:

CJ
09-12-2011, 06:12 AM
I always assumed it meant holding cash. Some may hold gold or other items which are meant to hold value regardless of the direction of the sharemarket.

I am sure there are some that just get out of the speculative stocks but hold their long term portfolio and some would be somewhere in between.

lou
09-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Cash until the tea leaves change.