PDA

View Full Version : Christchurch City Council Election 2013

Major von Tempsky
22-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Cut out the following list and keep it on your fridge or in a new labeled file in a handy and obvious place.

Group A – ratbags to be thrown out at the next local body election November 2013;
Bob Parker, Ngaire Button, Claudia Reid, Jamie Gough, Barry Corbett, Sue Wells, Aaron Keown, Tim Carter

Group B – men and women of integrity and principle who deserve to be supported in November 2013;
Glenn Livingstone, Sally Buck, Helen Broughton, Jimmy Chen, Yani Johanson.

Any other course of action and we deserve to be treated with contempt again by the Christchurch Mafia.
I don’t care if the courageous five above are Labour, National, ACT, Green, or Flat Earth Society, I, and I trust most other Christchurch ratepayers, will be determinedly supporting them come November 2013 and determinedly voting out the ratbags.

winner69
22-12-2011, 07:08 PM
That Peter beck seems a decent sort of guy .... his he on your short list of those worth supporting MVT

Major von Tempsky
22-12-2011, 09:08 PM
You would ask me a really awkward question Winner!

I support him on his unequivocal flat-out condemnation of the Marryatt $70,000 increase, I support him against the Bishop as it's obviously nonsense to have a one size fits all approach to all Anglican Church restoration in Chch which will end up with none of it going ahead because the money isn't there to fix all of it.
The cathedral has to be a special separate category (its own trust fund) because already millions have been given by private donors to restore the cathedral and both the Government and the City Council have promised to help and the Bishop has done nothing on the cathedral issue but squashed Peter Beck.

Actually I opposed both their appointments because I would have preferred NZers for both posts. I think Peter Beck has been more of a fit for the cathedral (although he is uncomfortably High Church - witness his attempted "ecumenical Mass" which is an oxymoron and deservedly failed) than what's 'er name for the bishopric. Its a pity the NZ Anglican Church abolished an over-arching Arch-Bishop who would have had the power to sort the present mess out....how do you disestablish a failing Bishop...

If he wins the by-election I'll cheer it as a blow against the Marryatt-Parker-Henderson Mafia. I haven't seen any polls on how the campaign is going. Its not my ward so I don't have to decide luckily. I can envisage circumstances in which I would vote for him....just....

Major von Tempsky
29-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Here's an interesting quote from Clerk Tony (Tony Marryatt, Town Clerk, allegedly CEO, of Chch City Council).

"I want to show my commitment to Christchurch, to the council and to all our staff. I want to lead our team through the rebuild".

However it's not generally known that Clerk Tony actually lives in Hamilton! How's that for commitment?

Then he says he will pay back the outstanding $34,000 if the councillors "behave" (according to Clerk Tony's definition!).

Major von Tempsky
08-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Once this Chch ward by-election result is out (soonish) then Showpony Bob's 7 -5 with 1 abstention vote win for Tony Marryatt's obscene salary increase will have turned to 7 - 7, and the convention is that the chairman must vote in favour of the status quo.

Oh, and there's probably a few councillors who have changed sides after the huge public groundswell against Marryatt's rise leaving Bob stranded in a minority :-)

That could leave just him, and the bootlicking Claudia Reid, and the disoriented Ngaire Button, and that leftover from the Nazi 3rd Reich Aaron Keown. Oh, and Dear Tony of course....but he doesn't have a vote, how sad!

winner69
08-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Big Gerry calls Bob a clown ..... that must be the end of Bob .... he's on his way, maybe not voluntary

Major ... prob not many think too highly of Big Gerry either?

Major von Tempsky
11-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Actually the picture was better than I thought, I'd forgotten Sally Buck was absent for the vote and would have voted agaisnt Marryatt (prob why there were so anxious to take it in a hurry!).

Now Peter Beck has won the by-election in Burwood so there's a natural vote of at least 8 - 7 against Bob and Tony proposals (or is that Tony and and Bob?), and that's counting Bob's vote as one of the 7!

Hallelujah!

What do I make of Gerry Brownlee? He's a mystery.
On the one hand his father was a well known Economics lecturer, score 1. Also a number of analysts give him some of the credit for Christchurch going National on at least the Party vote last election, he CERA and the generous gov't valuation payout to Red Zoners and the $5.5 billion the government is spending on rehabilitating Chch, score 2. Now he's just called Bob a clown (and John Key said it would be "a clever rethink for Marryatt NOT to take the $68,000), score 3.

On the other hand he reached the exalted rank of secondary school teacher in woodwork before Parliament, score -1. And he's grossly overweight, score another -1.
But he appears sort of bluff and hearty rather than devious and scheming so overall I'll tolerate him.

cheers,
Major.

airedale
11-02-2012, 02:11 PM
He is not an academic : score +1
He calls a spade a spade: score+1

Kees
11-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Actually the picture was better than I thought, I'd forgotten Sally Buck was absent for the vote and would have voted agaisnt Marryatt (prob why there were so anxious to take it in a hurry!).

Now Peter Beck has won the by-election in Burwood so there's a natural vote of at least 8 - 7 against Bob and Tony proposals (or is that Tony and and Bob?), and that's counting Bob's vote as one of the 7!

Hallelujah!

What do I make of Gerry Brownlee? He's a mystery.
On the one hand his father was a well known Economics lecturer, score 1. Also a number of analysts give him some of the credit for Christchurch going National on at least the Party vote last election, he CERA and the generous gov't valuation payout to Red Zoners and the $5.5 billion the government is spending on rehabilitating Chch, score 2. Now he's just called Bob a clown (and John Key said it would be "a clever rethink for Marryatt NOT to take the $68,000), score 3.

On the other hand he reached the exalted rank of secondary school teacher in woodwork before Parliament, score -1. And he's grossly overweight, score another -1.
But he appears sort of bluff and hearty rather than devious and scheming so overall I'll tolerate him.

cheers,
Major.
CERA and the generous gov't valuation payout to Red Zoners .
You might have that idea but i can tell you not all are happy and that includeds me they are a thieving bunch and fat boy is right on top.

Major von Tempsky
15-02-2012, 10:44 AM
But is there a sensible alternative to Gov't valuation payout? On average it represents about where the market was before the quakes.
You could easily make an argument that it is too generous, an unjust imposition on the taxpayers of NZ ( $5.5 billion) and that ratepayers ought to be expected to make some contribution.
I can easily envisage a Labour government paying less!

Kees
15-02-2012, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=Major von Tempsky;367786]But is there a sensible alternative to Gov't valuation payout? On average it represents about where the market was before the quakes.

I was going to answer but really your view is very simplistic and we would never agree,
I suggest you read some of the blgs or take a drive out to Brookland.s and ask yourself why turn it red.

Major von Tempsky
03-07-2013, 01:01 PM
http://news.msn.co.nz/nationalnews/8683928/chch-consents-not-meeting-requirements

Looks like the well deserved end of the line for Tony Marryatt! Yeehar!

Reading between the lines the Government has expressed "No Confidence" in Tony Marryatt and he's now on "gardening leave".

And
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10894371

pedro.nz
03-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Perhaps he should be asked to do his gardening in the Red Zone :t_down:

elZorro
04-07-2013, 07:47 AM
Tony Marryatt was CEO here in Hamilton. He was difficult to push out, the council had a couple of goes at it. I'm sure his contract will be fairly eye-watering regarding severance payments. Might be worth it though.

Banksie
04-07-2013, 08:14 AM
Tony Marryatt was CEO here in Hamilton. He was difficult to push out, the council had a couple of goes at it. I'm sure his contract will be fairly eye-watering regarding severance payments. Might be worth it though.

Yes this is going to cost us poor rate payers a packet. I should imagine, as his contract runs till 12/2014, that the maximum expose is 18 months salary.

http://resources.ccc.govt.nz/files/ceo/Document2IndividualEmploymentAgreement14May2012to3 1December.PDF

Major von Tempsky
04-07-2013, 08:31 AM
Ah, well, we live in interesting times....

One of the criticisms against Marryatt has been answered - that he is not a Christchurch resident. That his wife lives in Hamilton and has a business/shop there, and Marryatt flies off to stay in Hamilton when he can.

However in the Press today "The door was answered by a woman who is Marryatt's partner".
Hmmm, say no more, nudge, nudge, wink....no doubt there will be more secrets to come out....

gv1
04-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Yes this is going to cost us poor rate payers a packet. I should imagine, as his contract runs till 12/2014, that the maximum expose is 18 months salary.

http://resources.ccc.govt.nz/files/ceo/Document2IndividualEmploymentAgreement14May2012to3 1December.PDF
Can't he be kicked based on poor performance even contract says otherwise. Esp. deliberate holding of infor. Why should he be paid for remaining of contract. Make him clean toilets if need be for the money paid..

Banksie
04-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Can't he be kicked based on poor performance even contract says otherwise. Esp. deliberate holding of infor. Why should he be paid for remaining of contract. Make him clean toilets if need be for the money paid..

Hopefully he can be let go early but I reckon the conversation went something like this:

Bob: This is looking pretty shytte mate.
Tony: Yeah I know, but I have a plan.
Bob: Go on mate...(Bob momentarily stops running his fingers through Tony's hair)
Tony: Weelllll, put me on paid leave and publicly disown me...don't worry we can still have our weekends away in Waiheke.
Bob: Oh...what will you do.
Tony: Live off my fat salary while we drag this through labour courts.
Bob: Niiicccceee...(Bob continues running his fingers through Tony's hair)

Major von Tempsky
05-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Excellent news!
David Henderson gone, Tony Marryatt gone, Bob Parker gone. Now at last Christchurch can get some clean effective governance!

http://news.msn.co.nz/nationalnews/8685548/bob-parker-pulls-out-of-mayoral-race

Major von Tempsky
06-07-2013, 11:15 AM
The real reason for Parker's resignation - a poll after Marryatt was put on gardening leave shows that Dalziell now leads Parker 70% to 30%.

Even I, a dedicated ACT (that's past tense with Banks lies and non performance) and National voter will be voting for Dalziell and some Labour councilors who stood up to Marryatt Parker and Henderson.

http://news.msn.co.nz/nationalnews/8685687/parkers-decision-opens-way-for-dalziel

elZorro
06-07-2013, 01:12 PM
The real reason for Parker's resignation - a poll after Marryatt was put on gardening leave shows that Dalziell now leads Parker 70% to 30%.

Even I, a dedicated ACT (that's past tense with Banks lies and non performance) and National voter will be voting for Dalziel and some Labour councillors who stood up to Marryatt Parker and Henderson.

http://news.msn.co.nz/nationalnews/8685687/parkers-decision-opens-way-for-dalziel

I'd have to frame that MVT, if it was about the govt elections in 2014!

Is it possible that you support more community and grass-roots input into local, but not national, politics? I'm just having a quiet chuckle here.:)

winner69
13-09-2013, 09:36 AM
hey MVT the gardener is no longer the highest paid gardener in NZ

Good payout though .... might be able to retrain in another occupation

Major von Tempsky
13-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Ding dong, the witch is dead! Which old witch? The Marryatt witch!

Only cost us $400,000, a real bargain!

Note the sniveling excuses as he resigned - oh mea culpa but I was so busy with earthquake problems! Amongst working hours bouts of golf and push-ups on his new partner.

He's one Chch person outflow we won't be sorry to lose.
But just watch him pull another stunt like the one he pulled after Hamilton, he will hawk himself around Australia, Canada, Britain as having a brilliant CV and reports, a glowing endorsement from (ex) Mayor Bob Parker and any problems will have been due to factional in-fighting on the Hamilton and Christchurch Councils.

winner69
18-09-2013, 09:03 AM
see your mate Bob had a liking for the old Moet .... disappointed he only got himself a ham and cheese sandwich though .... prawns or oysters would have been a better choice

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11126377

Wonder what the gardener drank to quench his thirst after pulling the weeds out

Major von Tempsky
01-10-2013, 07:39 AM
I see Lianne Dalziel is up to 78% in the polls whereas Paul Lonsdale is about 20%. Really Lonsdale needed to have taken a stand against Marryatt and Parker before they both stepped down to be a credible candidate.
And I note the era of pathetic little dirty tricks is upon us - all the hoardings for Citizens type candidates ripped down and those for Faimeh Burke, very air brushed and with a red and black background left intact apart from having a sticker saying Vote Now! added. Don't think it will do her much good, she failed dismally last local elections.

Major von Tempsky
13-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Yeehar! Time to have a REALLY GOOD GLOAT!!!!

All the councillors who voted for Marryatt's crazy salary increase have either gone into early retirement or been unceremoniously dumped bar one - Jamie Gough and only after a very public, very grovelling and very contrite apology from Jamie. Deputy Mayor Ngaire Button, Aaron Keown, Claudia Reid DUMPED! Vicki Buck back. Iranian secret agent Faimeh Burke missed out on Council yet again and outvoted by non labour reps on the Board she's on. Life is sweet!
That little darling Bridget Williams (aged 20, President of the Student Army) voted onto her Community Board with the second highest vote!

winner69
13-10-2013, 11:00 AM
At least wellington get John Morrison