PDA

View Full Version : Ban the Bots

STRAT
01-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Been watching the Bots capping SXY and GOR this morning.

Anyone else peeved that this can be done by buying or selling 1 or two shares continuously. Something we are not permitted to do.:t_down::t_down::t_down::t_down::t_down::t_down ::t_down::t_down::t_down::t_down::t_down::t_down:

moimoi
01-02-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm with you Strat....!!!

Add to that the constant manipulation of the buy and sell depths..... GRRRRR!!

drillfix
01-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Whilst I can agree with you that these BOTs are a pain in the side sometimes, one must also remember that they are just Orders like every other order out there, the agenda is the same (Accumulate or Distribute) but it seems to be the Way it is done that annoys us Human Beings.

Take this for an example.

Here is an Algo Acc/Dist menu from my IB account:

IB Algo >> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/0nlrhd3qyncszaqgkhl1_AlgoOrder.png

If you understand with all the parameters offered, this so called menu is just a tool to achieve an objective, and it seems to achieve this without emotion or knowledge of who or how many Algo's are in action so thus the method of accumulation or distribution becomes obvious, yet disguised technically.

This will never change the fact that there will be a Seller either who is large or small, or a Buyer who is large or small.

Therefore, your frustration by posting this is to point the finger at the BOT which is so typically human of us humans..LOL

Keep your hats on folks, its not me running that BOT, but somebody wants out, and they are not willing to show their hand at who it is, or how much they want to offload.

STRAT
01-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Whilst I can agree with you that these BOTs are a pain in the side sometimes, one must also remember that they are just Orders like every other order out there, the agenda is the same (Accumulate or Distribute) but it seems to be the Way it is done that annoys us Human Beings. Take this for an example. Here is an Algo Acc/Dist menu from my IB account: IB Algo >> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/0nlrhd3qyncszaqgkhl1_AlgoOrder.png If you understand with all the parameters offered, this so called menu is just a tool to achieve an objective, and it seems to achieve this without emotion or knowledge of who or how many Algo's are in action so thus the method of accumulation or distribution becomes obvious, yet disguised technically. This will never change the fact that there will be a Seller either who is large or small, or a Buyer who is large or small. Therefore, your frustration by posting this is to point the finger at the BOT which is so typically human of us humans..LOL Keep your hats on folks, its not me running that BOT, but somebody wants out, and they are not willing to show their hand at who it is, or how much they want to offload. Good answer Drilly and food for thought. Note though, regarding pointing the finger at the Bot. My first choice is to shoot the user :lol: In addition you are putting balance into the poll results:mad ;:

Financially dependant
01-02-2012, 01:53 PM
I go along with DF...to me the sign of bot traffic is just another signal or piece of information to include when making a call on my your own trades. Bot trading tells you professional traders are at work and are accumulating or distributing a stock, there foot prints show up in the volume and range. Large levels of shares traded can also trigger a substantial holder announcement which also confirms buying or selling..So all you have to do is decide if you want to trade with them or against them????

stevo1
01-02-2012, 03:13 PM
I think the problem with them is that all too often there is a massive amount of share lending going on,My personal beef with this is LYC where a major shareholder/shareholders can and do lend shares to hedge funds or on their own behalf then use the bots to trigger sell orders (for those using TA) and pushing momentum is the desired direction (down).FA is nullified by this also.The small shareholders think that someone "knows" something they dont are shaken and sell.when they have had their fill (acummulated enough stock to pay back loan and stockpile more) they stand aside and the price drifts up.Stock manipulation that flys under the rules.It sucks

drillfix
01-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Stevo, that seems to be more of a short selling issue or saga.

I also agree that it suck and can turn a good solid retail shareholder into a raving lunatic. Take me for example :P

Regardless of what it is or is not, I find we always must remember our position in such venture/investment/trade or charade.

We are the retail guys (most of us) and the sophs or insto's have more flexibility than us so back to how we feel, it is not really or truthfully a level playing field at all, but I can confidently say that our (ASX) market is is much more regulated and fair compared to US Markets whereby, the show turns into circus on a huge scale. A world controlled by Market Makers and the likes of Goldman Sachs who apparently is at the top of the Gorilla food chain.

In short, these guys do what they want, when they want to, and also make up the rules as they go to suit, even after meltdowns and court cases whereby they have so much power they can take no accountability regardless of who or what happens as we have all previously seen. (and that is only some stuff we know of)

drillfix
01-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Good answer Drilly and food for thought. Note though, regarding pointing the finger at the Bot. My first choice is to shoot the user :lol: In addition you are putting balance into the poll results:mad ;:

LOL Strat, now will that shot be with a semi automatic, a shotgun or a pistol? :)

STRAT
01-02-2012, 05:03 PM
LOL Strat, now will that shot be with a semi automatic, a shotgun or a pistol? :)Pistols are for girls and Automatic weapons are for weenies. :eek2:

moimoi
01-02-2012, 05:18 PM
I go along with DF...to me the sign of bot traffic is just another signal or piece of information to include when making a call on my your own trades. Bot trading tells you professional traders are at work and are accumulating or distributing a stock, there foot prints show up in the volume and range.

The torment is in determining whether a stock is being accumulated or distributed.

For example, based on todays trading in JMS which hopefully shows on the below link, is it being accumulated or distributed.?

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/stock-trades?S=JMS&E=ASX

ronthepom
01-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Stevo, that seems to be more of a short selling issue or saga.

I also agree that it suck and can turn a good solid retail shareholder into a raving lunatic. Take me for example :P

Regardless of what it is or is not, I find we always must remember our position in such venture/investment/trade or charade.

We are the retail guys (most of us) and the sophs or insto's have more flexibility than us so back to how we feel, it is not really or truthfully a level playing field at all, but I can confidently say that our (ASX) market is is much more regulated and fair compared to US Markets whereby, the show turns into circus on a huge scale. A world controlled by Market Makers and the likes of Goldman Sachs who apparently is at the top of the Gorilla food chain.

In short, these guys do what they want, when they want to, and also make up the rules as they go to suit, even after meltdowns and court cases whereby they have so much power they can take no accountability regardless of who or what happens as we have all previously seen. (and that is only some stuff we know of)

Hi Drilly,

need some advice mate, i hold a few NMS i see a 5.8 mill trade " XT" whats that mean ln laymans terms also can you find out who bought 5.8mill anyway ?

thanks Ron

drillfix
01-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Hi Drilly,

need some advice mate, i hold a few NMS i see a 5.8 mill trade " XT" whats that mean ln laymans terms also can you find out who bought 5.8mill anyway ?

thanks Ron

Hi Ron,

Mate, XT is what is commonly known as a Cross Trade.

It means that the trade (a buy and a sell) is done or conducted through the same broker.

Meaning, say you are with Etrade and I am with Etrade for example. You sell your 10,000 shares and I buy them.
The trade will show up as XT is you sold yours via Etrade and I sold mine also via Etrade.

If I were with Commsec, and bought those shares of yours it would say nothing. Blank.

Cheers~!

Here are some more symbols should you see them:

Codes used in trading - status notes
Status notes are used by ASX Trade and provide further information about the trading status of a security. Intra-day status notes are not displayed, however, these may appear on your broking website.
Status notes are updated each trading day at approximately 4 a.m.

Status note

Description

CB

cum bonus issue
A company has declared that existing shareholders will receive a bonus in the form of additional securities. For example, a company may declare a 1 for 1 bonus issue. This means that for every one security held by a shareholder they will receive one additional security. If the bonus issue is a 1 for 5 bonus, then shareholders will receive 1 additional security for every 5 securities held. Those holders on the company's register at the record date will be entitled to receive the additional securities. The purchaser of securities cum bonus is entitled to the additional securities. Securities are traded cum bonus until the ex bonus date. Trading in the actual bonus issue begins on the morning of the ex bonus date and ends at the close of trading on the business day the securities are despatched.

CC

cum capital return
A company has declared an amount per security which will be returned to shareholders. The capital return may be in the form of cash or securities. If the capital return is in the form of securities it is treated as a bonus issue in ASX systems. Those holders on the register at the record date will be entitled to receive the distribution. The purchaser of securities cum capital return is entitled to the return of capital. Securities are traded cum capital return until the ex return of capital date.

CD

cum dividend
A company has declared an amount per security which will be provided to shareholders in the form of a dividend. Securities trade on the basis that the securities carry an entitlement to the next dividend payable by the Issuer. The purchaser of securities cum dividend is entitled to the dividend. Securities are traded on a cum dividend basis until the ex dividend date.

CE

cum entitlement
A company has declared an entitlement issue. In most instances the issues are non-renounceable issues. The purchaser of securities cum entitlement is allowed to receive the entitlement. Securities are traded on a cum entitlement basis until the ex entitlement date.

CI

cum interest
Applies to interest rate securities only. Securities trade on the basis that the securities carry an entitlement to the next interest payment. The purchaser of securities cum interest is entitled to the next interest payment. Securities are traded on a cum interest basis until the Ex
Interest date.

CL

call due
This status note is not used on ASX Trade. However where this flag is disseminated through an ASX signal it indicates that a call is due on the security.

CP

call paid
CP displays for one day, on the day the call is due and payable. Generally when a security commences trading on a Call Paid basis, a new trading code is established. In the instance when a new trading code is not established, all orders are purged at the end of the trading day prior to the security being quoted on an CP basis.

CQ

cum equal access scheme
Applies to Equal Access Buy Backs. An Equal Access Buy Back (also referred to as an equal access scheme) is an off-market buy back. An equal access scheme is a scheme that satisfies all the following conditions:
a) the offers under the scheme relate only to ordinary shares
b) the offers are to be made to every person who holds ordinary shares to buy back the same percentage of their ordinary shares
c) all of those persons have a reasonable opportunity to accept the offers made to them
d) buy back agreements are not entered into until a specified time for acceptances of offers has closed
e) the terms of all the offers are the same.

The issuer sends notices to every shareholder on the company's register at the record date offering to purchase a percentage of each shareholder's holding. If the shareholder agrees to sell their shares to the issuer, they simply complete and return the form to the issuer. The purchaser of securities cum equal Access Buy Back is entitled to receive the buy back offer. Securities are traded cum equal Access Buy Back until the Ex Equal Access Buy Back date.

CR

cum rights issue
Applies to renounceable Rights Issues. The Rights issue may be the right to any tradeable product. The purchaser of securities cum rights is entitled to receive and trade the Rights securities. Securities are traded cum rights until the Ex Rights date. Trading in the Rights securities begins on the morning of the Ex Rights date and ends at the close of business on the Rights Trade Cease date. The renounceable Rights are traded on a deferred settlement basis until the day after the Rights securities are despatched to clients. On the Business day following the despatch date of the Rights, the Rights commence trading on a T+3 settlement basis.

CT

conditional trading
The security is trading on a conditional basis pursuant to ASX Business Rule 2.12.2. Participating Organisations are notified by circular whenever a security is to commence trading on a conditional basis. Details included in the circular cover the conditions which have not been met and the period of conditional trading. If the conditions are not fulfilled by the close of the conditional trading period (specified in the Circular), shares will not be issued or transferred and conditional trades which have occurred since the commencement of the conditional trading period will be cancelled.

CZ

cum priority
Existing shareholders of a listed company (for example, ABC Ltd) will receive "priority" when applying for shares in a company seeking quotation of its securities (for example, XYZ Ltd). As a result, if applications to purchase securities in XYZ Ltd is oversubscribed then existing shareholders of ABC Ltd have priority over other applicants for securities in XYZ Ltd. The purchaser of securities cum priority has preference over other applicants when applying for securities in a specified company. Securities are traded on a cum priority basis until the Ex Priority date.

NX

new - ex interest
Applies to Interest Rate Market securities. It indicates that the purchaser of the securities via the prospectus has the right to the first interest payment even if they subsequently sell the securities prior to the Ex Interest date. The purchaser of securities on a New Ex Interest basis is not entitled to the first interest payment. Securities are traded on a New Ex Interest basis from the security's first day of quotation until the first interest payment has been paid.

PA

protection available
Protection available may be applied to Company Options when the underlying security goes ex entitlement, ex bonus, Ex Rights or Ex Priority. It indicates that the investor is guaranteed to participate in an entitlement it they exercise their option on that day. The purchaser of securities trading on a Protection Available basis is guaranteed of participating in the entitlement issue. Securities are traded on a Protection Available basis until the Protection Unavailable date.

PU

protection unavailable
PU is displayed for a security when the underlying security commences trading on an Ex basis of quotation and remains until the close of business on the applications close date. Protection Unavailable is a warning to Optionholders that if they exercise their option during the underlying security's Ex period they will not receive the entitlement associated with the underlying security. All orders are purged at the end of the trading day prior to the security being quoted on a PU basis.

RE

reconstructed
The reconstruction flag 'RE' is applied from the day the security commences trading on a reconstructed basis and remains for 12 months. Securities which have been reconstructed within the last 12 months may be found via ASX Trade using: •Function STA/STK - an 'R' is displayed between the security code and company name
•Function D - the term RECONST will be displayed on the second header line
•Detail/Depth/Look & Watch - an RE will be displayed in the basis of quotation field.

A reconstruction may be a consolidation (reduction in the number of shares on issue) or a split (increase in the number of shares on issue). So, for example, if there is a 3:1 consolidation then the company will issue to shareholders one new share for every three existing shares. This type of change will usually result in the new share price being about three times that of the old. Alternatively if there is a 4:1 split then the company will issue shareholders four new shares for every one existing share and the share price will usually be reduced accordingly, i.e. divided by four in this case. Generally when a security commences trading on a reconstructed basis, a new trading code is established. In the instance when a new trading code is not established, all orders are purged at the end of the trading day prior to the security being quoted on an RE basis.

XB

ex bonus issue
XB displays for a security from the morning of the ex bonus date (generally four business days before the record date) and remains until the close of trading on the bonus issue date. Trading in a security displaying XB on ASX Trade does not carry the right to receive the bonus issue. For more information refer to the description of cum bonus. All orders are purged at the end of the trading day prior to the security being quoted on an XB basis.

XC

ex return of capital
XC first displays for a security from the morning of the Ex Capital Return date (generally four business days before the record date) and remains until the close of trading on the payment date. Trading in securities displaying XC on ASX Trade does not carry the entitlement to the Return of Capital payment. For more information refer to the description of cum return of Capital. All orders are purged at the end of the trading day prior to the security being quoted on an XC basis.

XD

ex dividend
XD first displays for a security from the morning of the ex dividend date (generally four business days before the record date) and remains until the close of trading on the date payable. Trading in securities displaying XD on ASX Trade does not carry the entitlement to the dividend payment. For more information refer to the description of cum dividend. All orders are purged at the end of the trading day prior to the security being quoted on an XD basis.

XE

ex entitlement
XE first displays for a security from the morning of the Ex Entitlement date (generally four business days before the record date) and remains until the close of business on application's close date. Trading in securities displaying XE on ASX Trade does not carry the right to securities in the entitlement issue. For more information refer to the description of cum entitlement. All orders are purged at the end of the trading day prior to the security being quoted on an XE basis.

XF

ex takeover offer
Not currently used.

XI

ex interest
XI first displays for a security from the morning of the Ex Interest date (generally four business days before the record date) and remains until the close of business on the payment date. XI indicates that interest has been paid on the securities. Trading in securities displaying XI on ASX Trade does not carry the entitlement to the current interest payment. For more information refer to the description of cum interest. All orders are purged at the end of the trading day prior to the security being quoted on an XI basis.

XQ

ex equal access scheme
XQ first displays for a security from the morning of the Ex Equal Access Buy Back date (generally four business days before the record date) and remains until the close of business on the day the offer is closed. Trading in securities displaying XQ on ASX Trade does not carry the right to participate in the current buy back. For more information refer to the description of cum equal Access Buy Back. All orders are purged at the end of the trading day prior to the security being quoted on an XQ basis.

XR

ex rights issue
XR first displays for a security from the morning of the Ex Rights date (generally four business days before the record date) and remains until the close of business on the application's close date. Trading in securities displaying XR on ASX Trade does not entitle the holder to receive securities in the Rights Issue. For more information refer to the description of cum rights. All orders are purged at the end of the trading day prior to the security being quoted on an XR basis.

XZ

ex priority
XZ first displays for a security from the morning of the Ex Priority date (generally four business days before the record date) and remains until the close of business on the application's close date. Trading in securities displaying XZ on ASX Trade does not entitle the holder to any priority to subscribe to a new issue or float. For more information refer to the description of cum priority. All orders are purged at the end of the trading day prior to the security being quoted on an XZ basis.

Intraday status notes

The following intraday status notes are not displayed on this website but may be available on your online broking website:

Status note

Description

IN

Interest Only
Used for Wholesale Interest Rate and Government Loan instruments to indicate that order entry is via the Bulletin Board only as an interest only order.

NL

Late Notice Received
If a company announcement is disseminated after 4:00 pm, NL appears on the instrument the following trading day and displays for a maximum of one day. If a new company announcement is received on the following trading day, the NL is replaced by NR.

NR

Notice Recieved
Indicates a company announcement message has been disseminated during the current trading day. Remains for that day only.

NS

Under takeover bid. No short selling or specials allowed.
Indicates an instrument is under takeover bid. Remains for the duration of the Bid Period.

RA

Receiver Appointed
Applies to companies that have filed for bankruptcy.

RC

Rollover Complete
Alerts users that the reset date for a Rolling Instalment Warrant has occurred. A Rolling Instalment Warrant is a long dated instalment warrant. Each year the exercise price may be reset by the issuer. The date the exercise price is reset is referred to as the Reset Date. RC (Rollover Complete) will be applied on the ex-Reset (ex-reconstruction) date. An 'RE' tag will also be applied to the security on this date.

RD

Currently under reconstruction
Alerts users that this instrument is currently under reconstruction. When the status note is displayed it is highlighted in red.

RP

Rollover Pending
Alerts users that the reset date for a Rolling Instalment Warrant is approaching. A Rolling Instalment Warrant is a long dated instalment warrant. Each year the exercise price may be reset by the issuer. The date the exercise price is reset is referred to as the reset date. RP (rollover pending) will be applied to a security to indicate that the reset date is approaching. This status note will be applied to the security from the announcement date (date issuer announces the amended terms of the warrant), which is approximately four weeks prior to the reset date.

S1

1 Tenth of a Price Step
Indicates an instrument that trades at 1 tenth of a price step for all price levels.

SH

Short Sell Allowed
Indicates an Approved Security for short selling.

TH

Trading Halt
Indicates an instrument is in a trading halt. Remains until close of business on following day (unless lifted beforehand).

UA

Under Adjustment
Indicates that the equity derivative series is associated with an underlying security of an issuer that has declared a change to its ordinary share capital structure which is effective prior to the recommencement of trading in those securities on that day. Trades entered into the associated derivatives series will be on an adjusted basis with the extent of the adjustment published by ASX after trading closes on that date.

There are more also since new changes and implementation of ChiX (exchange)

moimoi
01-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Ron,

As far as i know XT is a "crossed trade". One institution has matched the buyer to the seller. ie: the seller was a Macquarie client and the buyer was a Macquarie client. Rather than the order being put "on market".

Drilly maybe able to tell you who the institution was.

cheers
Moi.

Financially dependant
01-02-2012, 10:14 PM
The torment is in determining whether a stock is being accumulated or distributed.

For example, based on todays trading in JMS which hopefully shows on the below link, is it being accumulated or distributed.?

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/stock-trades?S=JMS&E=ASX

Hi moimoi,

I have had a look at the chart and it is obviously in a long down trend, the last few days are showing a signs of strength and could be the start of a accumulation phase.... buyers coming in on increasing volume and SP tracking sideways possible bottoming...I would keep an eye on the trading action for a few days to confirm and to see if supply starts to dry up (volume decreases but price stays in a band)...that would be the next step...this could be a good example to follow...

This is IMHO...

STRAT
02-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Hi moimoi,
the last few days are showing a signs of strength and could be the start of a accumulation phase...

This is IMHO...Hi FD.
Im not seeing this. Can you elaborate?

Financially dependant
02-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Hi FD.

I will give it a go STRAT, but this taken in isolation but must be confirmed over the next few days/weeks...

1. The 2 bars on 28th & 28th are an initial sign of strength, much higher volume then previous and long tail on candle showing a lot of buyers (demand) entering the market. The next day was up on high vol again and finished no lower.

To confirm an accumulation phase I would watch the SP to remain in a sideways channel at these levels and the supply starts to dry up..

ronthepom
02-02-2012, 02:21 PM

Hi moimoi,

I have had a look at the chart and it is obviously in a long down trend, the last few days are showing a signs of strength and could be the start of a accumulation phase.... buyers coming in on increasing volume and SP tracking sideways possible bottoming...I would keep an eye on the trading action for a few days to confirm and to see if supply starts to dry up (volume decreases but price stays in a band)...that would be the next step...this could be a good example to follow...

This is IMHO...

Hi FD,

i think you have the wrong stock mate, NMS not jms

ron

ronthepom
02-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Hi Drilly,

I gathered thats what it meant, thanks mate.

Ron

Lego_Man
02-02-2012, 02:32 PM
The way i see it bots arent to be complained about.

If you're an FA investor, artificial short term fluctuations shouldnt worry you, whatever their origin. If you are a trader, then it's just a case of the bots being a part of the landscape that you are trying to navigate.

ronthepom
02-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Hi FD.

Hi Strat ,

i see FD has the wrong stock in his chart, i said NMS not JMS

Cheers Ron

Financially dependant
02-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Hi FD,

i think you have the wrong stock mate, NMS not jms

ron

Hi Ron, I was responding to moimoi's request about JMS, see earlier post. Cheers FD

STRAT
03-02-2012, 09:07 AM
I will give it a go STRAT, but this taken in isolation but must be confirmed over the next few days/weeks...

1. The 2 bars on 28th & 28th are an initial sign of strength, much higher volume then previous and long tail on candle showing a lot of buyers (demand) entering the market. The next day was up on high vol again and finished no lower.

To confirm an accumulation phase I would watch the SP to remain in a sideways channel at these levels and the supply starts to dry up..Hi FD.
I can see what you are thinkin now. Thanks.

I read it more like this. Although the 3rd to last bar is green due to a higher closing price than the day before the stock was none the less sold down on the day. High at open. Low at close. I would look on this then as three down days on increased volume. Not a good sign. The cross while showing a potential bottom had already been confirmed not to be the case on your chart. Id be keeping my money in my pocket for now. Odds are its going lower.

Financially dependant
03-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Hi FD.
I can see what you are thinkin now. Thanks.

I read it more like this. Although the 3rd to last bar is green due to a higher closing price than the day before the stock was none the less sold down on the day. High at open. Low at close. I would look on this then as three down days on increased volume. Not a good sign. The cross while showing a potential bottom had already been confirmed not to be the case on your chart. Id be keeping my money in my pocket for now. Odds are its going lower.

Reading charts is subjective STRAT so totally agree, this needs to confirm over the next few days...that's why I do lots of watching and a little trading...:) I will let you know how I would trade this stock but would need to break the down trend first..

STRAT
03-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Reading charts is subjective STRAT so totally agree, this needs to confirm over the next few days...that's why I do lots of watching and a little trading...:) I will let you know how I would trade this stock but would need to break the down trend first..While you are watching and on the subject of accumulation. Take a look at the OBV on ROB. Say, 1 year chart.

moimoi
03-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Thanks FD, Thanks Strat. :-)

Financially dependant
03-02-2012, 01:12 PM
While you are watching and on the subject of accumulation. Take a look at the OBV on ROB. Say, 1 year chart.

Interesting...looks like distribution to me even though the OBV is rising...

moimoi..no problem...clear as mud?

drillfix
03-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Yes STRAT, and thanks to Joseph Granville for bringing it to the world.

For others, this is taken from mr. twiggs incredible charts site.

During a ranging market watch for a rising or falling On Balance Volume:

• Rising OBV warns of an upward breakout.
• Falling OBV warns of a downward breakout.

Steps in the On Balance Volume (OBV) calculation are as follows:
1.If Close for the period is higher than the previous Close:
OBV = OBV [previous period] + Volume [current period]
2.If Close for the period is lower than the previous Close:
OBV = OBV [previous period] - Volume [current period]
3.If Close for the period is equal to the previous Close:
OBV = OBV [previous period]

Also always good to double check and use other indicators as well as OBV to look for Divergence which is excellent for the heads up either for buy or sell.

STRAT
09-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Check this sh!t out.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/welcom...second-markets (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/welcome-sub-nanosecond-markets)
Sent to me by another member at ST
Thanks CFO

The other articles at the bottom of the page are worth a look too.

Citigroup To SkyNet: "You're Hired" (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/citigroup-skynet-youre-hired)
The FINRA Fiasco (http://www.zerohedge.com/article/finra-fiasco)
How The Pursuit Of "Light Speed" Broke Equity Markets, Or Why The NBBO Is No Longer Relevant (http://www.zerohedge.com/article/how-pursuit-light-speed-broke-equity-markets-or-why-nbbo-no-longer-relevant)
FINRA, Fess Up (http://www.zerohedge.com/article/finra-fess)
Tired Of Being Scalped By HiFTers? Tell The SEC All About It (http://www.zerohedge.com/article/tired-being-scalped-hifters-tell-sec-all-about-it)

drillfix
09-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Yes good article STRAT, although nothing new here, as there is a war going on and has been for quite some time now.

Its the same in the currency and futures markets as well, whereby Scripts are Kings and profitable Scripts (for how ever long they last) are Gods for either 1 day to 2 weeks and then the gig is up.

Lots of excellent info on Zerohedge with many contributing sources with their fingers on the pulse to a lot of subjects as you have kindly pointed out.

ps:
Check this out too and older 22 minute radio report of HFT buildings close to the exchange in NY which are filled with zillions of computers all HFT to save on distance and connection to the exchange for faster execution time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p004vqkc
(click the Listen now link on top and wait for a minute to listen)

And then also this which is pretty much the same as Zerohedge:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16677606

drillfix
09-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Seems alot of folks want to shoot the b@stards who use them.

Well, might need to use them one day or else how else we gonna make dosh, wish fundamentals? LOL :P

Dont shoot the messenger folks~!