PDA

View Full Version : NZ Investing - where to

Jay
08-02-2012, 03:17 PM
I have in my long term NZ portfolio GPG (waiting for the cash up :-) - not many held) MHI RYM and BGR

I feel tempted to sell BGR as I cannot see it going far and the dividend is not that great and already have MHI as a retail stock giving a better dividend (by buy price and I think better prospects fro growth).
And should I wait until the next dividend.

Been looking at AWF AIA CAV EBO DIL FRE IFT POT - although missed a run may retreat over the next few months??
SKL SKC STU TEL TUA
Out of the above leaning towards AIA, IFT or SKC only because read about them more and/or some of the others had had a recent run and may retreat after the latest news is now out??

Looking for growth not necessarily dividends for income

Ideas appreciated

ENP
08-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Where is Sky TV in your companies listed above?

It's a great company that has increased it's sales, profits, earnings and dividends each and every year for a decade!

lou
08-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Rym fbu fpa tpw mft ttk

modandm
09-02-2012, 10:08 AM
SKC IFT and maybe EBO would be mine of those you list Jay.

I am quite wary of some of the valuations on AIA, BGR, RYM, POT and FRE. They all are quite expensive imho.

I recently read a UBS equity strategy report advocating: CNU, FBU, FPH & IFT. Was an interesting read as it said nzx is trading at PE of 13 in line with historical average - meanwhile overseas shares are still at a good discount in particular Aussie Industrials.

I tend to agree that the defensive bias and high yield offered by NZ shares has given NZ shares a value premium as investors all over the world seek income.

I have shares in Aussie mining services cos ANG RQL BKN as well as BHP for diversified mining. I am still confident of China growth story so view mining services as a great sector.

Hope this helps

GTM 3442
09-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Why not try meat - Bluesky Meats and Silver Fern Farms on Unlisted ?

Jay
10-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the replies
Will have a look at Sky TV

Had a quick look at TTK - too illiquid for me, MFT & TPW will aslo have a look at

I already have enough invested in AUS shares long term & short term.

BGR has been in a range of about 1.20 to 1.45 for a couple of years - apart from a bigger fall for a few months around July Aug 2010