PDA

View Full Version : Wellington Meeting - 19 Feb, 3pm, The Occidental

Lizard
10-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Okay, no shilly-shallying about here in Wellington waiting for consensus on time and place...

... I will be at the Occidental (http://theoccidental.co.nz/) drinking Lime & Tonic (damned FebFast) on Sunday 19th February from 3pm.

I have a couple of other ST members who said they "might" keep me company. :cool:

Anyone else is more than welcome to come along. Names would be useful, so I can warn the bar if we look like having more than the usual handful.

(If you get there and don't recognise anyone or see any obvious signs - try asking at the bar and they should be able to point me/us out)

See you there, Liz

shasta
10-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Okay, no shilly-shallying about here in Wellington waiting for consensus on time and place...

... I will be at the Occidental (http://theoccidental.co.nz/) drinking Lime & Tonic (damned FebFast) on Sunday 19th February from 3pm.

I have a couple of other ST members who said they "might" keep me company. :cool:

Anyone else is more than welcome to come along. Names would be useful, so I can warn the bar if we look like having more than the usual handful.

(If you get there and don't recognise anyone or see any obvious signs - try asking at the bar and they should be able to point me/us out)

See you there, Liz

I shall do my best to get there Liz.

Sad news about Lloyd Morrison passing today, i always found him a positive & approachable gentleman

forest
10-02-2012, 07:41 PM
I like it, a decisive plan for a get together. Count me in.

See you there, Forest

QOH
10-02-2012, 10:37 PM
I will try hard to get there. Looks good for me at this point.

Toulouse - Luzern
10-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Hi Liz and Shasta,
Great idea.
Would love to be there but prior engagement.
All the best...

Lizard
11-02-2012, 08:27 AM
Great to see I have good odds of some company! :)

Blendy
11-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Just curious, are there any auckland people who meet up?

lakeys
11-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Great, I finish work around 3pm that day
so will do my best to catch up.

Lizard
15-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Come on Wellingtonians. It's been 21 months since the last meet and we've still only got 4 people keen - although I know a few people have expressed interest in the interim. I'm taking comfort in the fact I've had another 3 expressions of interest off-thread, so I'm still hopeful there will be more than a couple of us...

...anyway, please don't be shy. Most people on ST are surprisingly normal - a varied and interesting group. Worth the effort, as a lot more can be conveyed or debated in conversation than on a forum.

shasta
16-02-2012, 01:01 AM
I'll be there :D

shasta
18-02-2012, 02:37 PM
So far looks like we got Lizard, Shasta, Forest, QOH & Lakeys.

Corporate, Winner69, c'mon Wellington folk, we haven't had a catch up in a while.

Occidental is easy to get to via, train or bus being the lower end of Lambton Quay towards the beehive

Lizard
19-02-2012, 08:33 AM
Hi Shasta,

Must be sign of the times that we can't pull the numbers these days. I will know it's time to mortgage the house to buy shares when I find myself drinking alone. Jeepers, Shasta, even knowing you're buying the drinks hasn't attracted the crowds. :D

Btw, I will bow to your greater charisma if you are able to prise the hermitical Winner from his hold-out. :p

Anyway, still planning to be in the bar having a drink and we might see a few other shy folk looking out for us.

Corporate
19-02-2012, 09:10 AM
So far looks like we got Lizard, Shasta, Forest, QOH & Lakeys.

Corporate, Winner69, c'mon Wellington folk, we haven't had a catch up in a while.

Occidental is easy to get to via, train or bus being the lower end of Lambton Quay towards the beehive

shasta, unfortunately this weekend isn't good! In for the next one though.

lissica
19-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the invite Liz, but I don't get back to Wgtn until 28th Feb.

shasta
19-02-2012, 09:32 AM
shasta, unfortunately this weekend isn't good! In for the next one though.

Might try again for early May, after the March quarterlies come out, or whenever Lizard cracks open the Veuve Clicquot :D

Lizard
19-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Small hiccup.... we are here at the bar, but just been advised they are closing for a staff meeting at 4pm!!! So will be moving across the road to The Royal if there are any latecomers looking for us!

(Lakeys? Apologies if you don't get this... did check with the bar before putting the original postt up, but seems things have changed!)

Lizard
19-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Make that featherston bar and grilll...

lakeys
19-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Came and wondered why it was all locked up and what looked like a staff meeting inside? My 100% attendance
record for Welly get togethers has been broken by a technicality.

Lizard
19-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Came and wondered why it was all locked up and what looked like a staff meeting inside? My 100% attendance
record for Welly get togethers has been broken by a technicality.

:( Sorry about that Lakeys. We were quite surprised to find ourselves setting a new ShareTrader record for time taken to get thrown out of a bar!!

... perhaps buying lime and tonic was not enough to keep them open?

Lizard
19-02-2012, 07:48 PM
By the way, thanks to Forest for making it down from Auckland for the meeting - nice to meet you again!

For the record, the remaining 4 Wellingtonians voted to hold the next Wellington ShareTrader meeting in Christchurch ;)

forest
20-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Back in Auckland. Thanks to all who came, I enjoyed the get together.

Lizard is obviously well know in Wellington bar circles, we were barely sitting down at the Occidental and informed that we should leave soon.

OK bit unusable, next bar is closed even before we at the door, Lizard must have been spotted from across the road.
After a bit of searching we managed to find a place were Lizard was not instantly recognized, however at the meeting it was decided that the options in Wellington are now such that Wellington meetings should be held out of town?

WHY ??????

percy
20-02-2012, 05:16 PM
By the way, thanks to Forest for making it down from Auckland for the meeting - nice to meet you again!

For the record, the remaining 4 Wellingtonians voted to hold the next Wellington ShareTrader meeting in Christchurch ;)

Now that is good news.!!!!

janner
20-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Should have your new wooly pully by then aye perc.. :-))

Toulouse - Luzern
23-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Hi all,
Well done all those who attended ...
I would have loved to attend but as I advised earlier I had a previous engagement
Back in WLG tonight after our NZ vacation trip, including Hilton Taupo, AKL - Hanoi restaurant etc, Paihia, snapper off the beach at Russell, Hamilton and return.
I have never heard of a pub closed for a staff meeting, sounds like Slim Dusty material.
Had I been present I would have voted to try again in Wellington soonest ...
I may get down to CHC you never know but it is a bit more challenging overnight, flight bookings, etc