PDA

View Full Version : PPT Perpetual

winner69
15-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Got some of these the other day seeing Weiss has started a revolt amongst shareholders to get the company to do something about its cost base ..... ie a bit of blood letting is in order

As they say compared to Platinum Perpetual is one big fat lazy cow with far too many overheads

Could be inteersting to see what unfolds

whirly
15-02-2012, 11:31 PM
PPT sold 2million TGA shares a couple of days ago. I know nothing about PPT but was wondering what made them sell TGA.

winner69
26-02-2012, 08:15 AM
Whirly .... prob needed to sell as punters taking their money out of PPT

All the bad news (FUM down billions and all that) and shareprice still resurgence .... up 10% and tempted to sell but the reason for buying was to see (make heaps) on what Weiss does in making this sleeping ponderous giant change it ways so might hang in their .... at least I shouldn't loss on this bet now

winner69
14-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Whirly .... prob needed to sell as punters taking their money out of PPT

All the bad news (FUM down billions and all that) and shareprice still resurgence .... up 10% and tempted to sell but the reason for buying was to see (make heaps) on what Weiss does in making this sleeping ponderous giant change it ways so might hang in their .... at least I shouldn't loss on this bet now

Reason for taking a punt might be coming to reality .... where's there smoke there's fire
http://www.businessspectator.com.au/bs.nsf/Article/Perpetual-shares-soar-on-takeover-talk-V95JP?OpenDocument&src=hp5

The Big Ease
15-06-2012, 04:13 AM
PPT hasn't been the same since their stars left about 7 years ago.
It had a great brand though the late 90's and early 2000's but a company like this is always going to be highly reliant on the brilliant few who make the big decisions.

PE taking it over would have to do with lots of cost cutting and restructuring IMO.

winner69
30-08-2012, 04:50 PM
In spite of reduced profits and all that recent chart still looks Ok ........as long as we don't have too many days like today

Corporate action still to come