PDA

View Full Version : DDR - Dicker Data ltd

Fred114
09-03-2012, 10:10 PM
This stock trending upwards since late Feb12. Seems to have strong financials, but very new to market.

An IT products distributor. Major brands, but mainly markets to NSW

Any interest?

mark100
10-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Hi Fred, I have held since 24 June last year when they announced FY11 guidance. Managed to get my initial parcel at 21c and I have bought a few more since. My holding is still small as it's very hard to get stock.

I like the company. Some will be scared off by the balance sheet but you need to have an understanding of the business to make a judgement on that. DDR's debt is high to fund their stock but the stock turns over very quickly. DDR is almost more of a logistics company than IT in that they are a re-seller that turns over stock fast. I have spoken to the CFO and she assures me the company has always been funded like it is now.

Under the current dividend policy it should yield around 12% FF on the current share price

I will keep holding while everything looks positive

Lizard
10-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Amazing growth, but I'm having trouble figuring out what they do exactly given that their web-site seems to be giving me a strange raw system error.

From the Annual Report, my biggest concern with owning this stock would be the likelihood of liquidity becoming close to non-existent, given the founders still appear to own 95% of the shares. Once Newport Capital stops distributing their few, what will happen? At least a div should provide some returns and underpin.

Maybe founders will distribute a few of their shares as hinted in prospectus.

Other point would be that I've always found distribution businesses to make very fickle investments. RNS on the NZX is one example, but also CLT and AMO on the ASX. All 3 gave me good returns in the odd trade, but worked out badly as a long term hold.

drillfix
10-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Amazing growth, but I'm having trouble figuring out what they do exactly given that their web-site seems to be giving me a strange raw system error.

Yeah me too. And IMO for a data or IT company that is sacrilege to have their site siting like that.

Maybe thats why they have so much money, they haven't paid their web developers or bills to update the site. :P

Nahh, seriously, looks like some bad scripting and the page is not parsing correctly, but when you google search and see the link to the site even, below the link show their keywords being:

DickerData
www.dickerdata.com.au/
raw error. DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: could not access status of transaction 0 DETAIL: Could not write to file "pg_subtrans/5DBC" at offset 163840: No space

Which means they have let this sit on its head for quite sometime so spiders have crawled through and indexed the site and cannot get any info except a corrupt index.html file which generates the error shown above.

mark100
10-03-2012, 07:41 PM
The page can't have been down for long. I downloaded the Newport analyst report from there last week.

Dicker plans to sell his holding down at some stage so there will be increased liquidity in the future but I probably will have sold out by then.

mark100
18-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Addition of the HP products is projected to generate 'substantial' revenue for FY14. Another profit increase coming up I assume

mark100
12-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Not many details given about this acquisition but the market likes it. Making new highs again. I expect the interim result will be ok as well

noodles
12-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Not many details given about this acquisition but the market likes it. Making new highs again. I expect the interim result will be ok as well

I don't understand why they can't give financials for the acquisition. Downgrades my opinion of management.

noodles
01-12-2014, 10:27 PM
A really good write up on Ddr.

http://www.eternalgrowthpartners.com/content/update-no-191-–-281114

bull....
28-09-2016, 01:10 PM
not a mention on this one for ages great div and good growth as per latest results, breaking out

Joshuatree
02-07-2020, 01:04 PM
Gone from re $2 from bulls post above to $7.38 today. making good money through covid, how many companies having record revenues . Download Document 1.24MB (https://hotcopper.com.au/documentembed?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvSDYL4Q24z BX%2Fv%2FN97bFiGug%3D) Hope to own sometime.

bull....
02-07-2020, 01:20 PM
Gone from re $2 from bulls post above to $7.38 today. making good money through covid, how many companies having record revenues . Download Document 1.24MB (https://hotcopper.com.au/documentembed?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvSDYL4Q24z BX%2Fv%2FN97bFiGug%3D) Hope to own sometime.

good stock div yield i brought at is amazing in todays terms as well as growth. i posted heaps about this stock on hotcopper as well back in the day. but

wish i still held but i sold most stuff beginning year

sampson
07-09-2020, 10:30 PM
Good to see there is a thread on this stock. I only came across DDR a couple of months ago and bought in. Great results over a number of years, has done well over the Covid period and doesn't seem too expensive given some valuations going around. Pays a moderate (and ever increasing) quarterly dividend too. Substantial insider buying recently adding to the eye watering amounts that several directors already own. Tentatively considering adding to my position.

moka
08-09-2020, 03:14 PM
Entering S&P/ASX All Technology Index on 21 Sept, along with Brainchip and Sezzle.

https://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/announcements.do?by=asxCode&asxCode=ZSP&timeframe=D&period=M6
S&P/ASX All Technology Index – Effective at the Open on September 21, 2020

Action
Code
Company

Addition
BRN
Brainchip Holdings Ltd

Addition
DDR
Dicker Data Limited

Addition
EVS
Envirosuite Limited

Addition
M7T
Mach7 Technologies Limited

Addition
NVX
Novonix Limited

Addition
SPT
Splitit Payments Ltd

Addition
SZL
Sezzle Inc.

Addition
WSP
Whispir Limited

percy
02-09-2021, 11:18 AM
https://stockhead.cmail19.com/t/d-l-aphthl-yupddjlly-p/

FTG
02-09-2021, 11:27 AM
https://stockhead.cmail19.com/t/d-l-aphthl-yupddjlly-p/

Another refreshingly no BS, straightforward interview. I get the feeling that he's a good Rooster:cool:

Joshuatree
02-09-2021, 11:47 AM
Been on my watch list.Always looks expensive PE 38 (Asb). Anyone have a price target or valuation thoughts, thanks.

FTG
02-09-2021, 06:03 PM
Been on my watch list.Always looks expensive PE 38 (Asb). Anyone have a price target or valuation thoughts, thanks.

TA on the weekly charts tends to point to DDR now entering a period of weakness/consolidation.

sampson
03-09-2021, 08:57 AM

I progressively sold out over the last couple of months as it has run so hard since last year. It was relatively cheap last year but very pricey now. Amazing company etc. and if I had a really long time horizon I would have just held all or a proportion, but need the cash soon so wanted to lock in the gains. I have no idea what will happen to the share price but if I had to guess I'd say it would consolidate somewhere a couple of bucks lower??? Consistent, moderate growth but not high enough to warrant a PE anywhere like what it has, at least for me.