PDA

View Full Version : Transfield Services (tse) Starting the long road to revovery?

ratkin
04-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Not much on this company. Fair to say that the GFC hit it hard. The company has started to repair the damage and is emerging leaner and meaner , although it hasnt been helped by recent weather related events.
The good news is that all the negativity is reflected in the depressed shareprice (hopefully)
A series of write downs has seen the price go as low as 1.69 this year ., the long term chart is still down but there are signs of a turnaround , short term charts looking good.

Today they announced 200million in new contracts including one in the US for 100m lasting 34 years !!

he market is being slow to forgive for past losses , but the company itself has been confident enough to have a share buy back in place , the current P/E of around 11 is lower than for sometime , and it appears only a matter of time before sentiment becomes more favourable. Im in today at 1.85 with a long term view , and will hopefully be posting in three or four years to tell you how well iv done.
:D

cloggs
30-10-2012, 08:10 AM
There are a number of threads for Transfield, but this is the most recent one. I had a good read about Transfield yesterday. They seemed to have a good result for last year 2012 and plenty of forward work, 11 billion dollars worth. Yet their shareprice is the lowest it has been for a long time. I couldn't really find anything negative other than the saying - 'don't catch a falling knife'. And it is still falling.... Anyone out there been following these guys with more knowledge?

winner69
09-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Had a few ups and downs since ratkin went long term

General trend is down ....even after that spike after an amazing spike after the better result

Paying nz contractors late is no computer problem ...it's cash flow stress

And now caning a lot of chch contractors cause there is not enough work not a good sign either

I have a feeling they been screwed on all their big contracts and margins too thin

I think we will hear a bit more from tse in the next year ....odds it's not good?

Ricky99
10-09-2013, 07:49 AM
they have now turfed all the chch based contractors so something smells seriously wrong

klid
20-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Bought today at $1.905.

Obviously because of the announcement, (offer, and mentions: "Transfield Services has experienced strong trading in the first quarter ended 30 September 2014"), but also I note a lot of Directors bought late September for around $1.50.